Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18611 Werewolf by Night vs. Nosferatu (Graf Orlok)

Boratz

Opening narration, "You are about to read a tale that is as old as time itself. This tale is about the eternal battle between good and evil that will take place in a small river town. In a world of powerful heroes and villains, this tale will see a clash of monsters and mayhem. You will see a man that struggles with a monstrous curse, while the other being has been a curse to many that have been unfortunate in crossing his path. In this strange tale, you will meet a man by the name of Jack Russell that has struggled with a curse that he has sought to use for good. You will also meet the wretched Count Orlok, who is said to be created by the demon known as Belial. This strange tale of good and evil might be thrilling to some and horrifying for others that dare continue reading. It is a tale that will see two monsters that have been subjects of myths and legends for centuries and continue to excite many to this day. Come with me as we see this battle of the night..."  

Magnetic Ferret Presents...  

"WEREWOLF BY NIGHT MEETS NOSFERATU"  

Written by Boratz  

In association with the C.B.U.B.  

Players  

Werewolf by Night ... Jack Russell  

Nosferatu .... Count Orlok  

On a port along the Mississippi River, there laid a beautiful town that saw ships come and go. A great many birds chirped around this quaint town while a gentle fall breeze whistled through the trees that were covered in orange leaves. With the sun shining overhead and soft clouds in the sky, groups of kids were enjoying the beautiful day. These children were riding on their bicycles through the town square. Window fronts were lined up with costumes of countless superheroes such as Iron Man and Captain America. Kids pressed their faces against the glass and peered in awe over the many costumes. They gazed over the decorations that were displayed around the town square. Many of the youngsters had already seen these decorations from years' past but were still fascinated all the same. Some of the kids had started planning out the routes that they would take for Halloween night to achieve the maximum amount of candy they could get their hands on. Most of the small businesses were preparing for the upcoming night of trick or treating, while others were preparing for the annual Harvest Festival.   

The Sheriff waved at the children while they road their bikes through the picture perfect town. For this small town on the Mississippi River, it was just another quiet day. There was a sweet smell that filled the air from freshly baked pies at the local bakery, and a stillness that was soothing for all that resided there. Banners were placed over the town square for the coming festival, and booths were making their spots known. While riding their bikes to their usual hangout spot, the kids rode past families that were out and about. One young boy that was out working on his chores asked his paw if he could join his friends, and his elder reassured the youngster that he would be able to just as soon as he finished his chores. Pumpkins were being carved, while some of the adults sat back to watch the latest football game. There were families out raking leaves and other families hiking through the nearest trails to look over the autumn leaves.  

While everything appeared to be right with the world, fate had other plans that was sailing up the river. Terror would soon make itself known upon this delightful quaint community as a vessel was moving closer toward the community's harbor. A small vessel that came from a faraway land called Transylvania crashed into the harbor. With the crashing of the small vessel, several that were nearby had come to see what had just happened. The responders found a strange discovery in this mysterious vessel. There was a fog that seeped out of the unusual ship. Filthy rats sprawled through the different sections while a living soul did not appear in sight. A foul odor filled the entire ship. The only body that was found appeared to be the captain. His body was as cold as ice and appeared to have been drained of blood. There were two marks that appeared on the side of his neck. It was not long before the Sheriff arrived to investigate this strange boat.  

When the Sheriff arrive at the harbor, he glanced at a nearby hill. He saw the group of kids on their bicycles looking over the scene. The Sheriff spit on the ground and glanced at his deputy. He pointed at the kids on the cliff while he gave orders to his deputy.  

"It's gettin' dark. We don't need a bunch of kids looking at this. Tell them to go away." The Sheriff ordered.  

"What should I tell them?" The young Deputy asked with a shaky voice.   

"You are the Deputy Sheriff! Figure it out!" The Sheriff snapped at his deputy.   

The Deputy quickly made his way up the hill, while the Sheriff followed some of the initial witnesses into the ship. He was told that a couple of the guys that had went aboard the ship had been rushed to the hospital after sustaining bites from the different rats that were on vessell. The Sheriff took out his flashlight and looked through the different rooms. There were multiple containers that all appeared sealed. He glanced over the ship log and found that it had departed from Transylvania, but the destination was not reported. He found a name on the notes for the shipment that read Count Orlok. The Sheriff shook his head and told the men to leave the ship. He would contact coast guard in the morning as the sun was getting ready to set.  

As the body of the only crew member was being loaded up in the back of a coroner's van, the Sheriff gave off a deep sigh. In the pit of his stomach, he knew that he would be in for one hell of a week. With Halloween approaching and a strange ship crashing into the harbor, it would mean that there would be a stack of paperwork and late nights that he would have to work. While the sun had set over the hills, the night sky brought a chill over the town. The Sheriff glanced back one last time at the ship. For a moment, he thought that he was hallucinating as he could not believe his eyes. A tall, pale figure stood at the top of the vessel. There was a mist that engulfed the figure as it disappeared into the night. 

After that fateful night, an unspeakable evil descended upon this once beautiful town. Families vanished into the night without a trace, and residents started falling ill with a plague that was once believed to have been lost in history. There was talk of a devil that would prowl the streets in the darkest of the night in search for its next victim. A symphony of horror had taken hold of this town and a monster lurked within the shadows... 

One Week Later, The Day Before Halloween on the Devil's Night 

New York City, in front of a townhouse that resided upon 177A Bleeker Street... 

Strolling down the city sidewalks, the man known as Jack Russell stopped in front of the magical building that the Sorcerer Supreme had resided in. His dark eyes widened while he felt the power flowing off the magical residence. The man that carried the curse of the werewolf let out a steady breath as he made his way toward the Sanctum Santorum. Many that walked past the townhouse, thought it was nothing more than just an average townhouse but Jack knew that it held power beyond imagination itself. He began to wonder what reason the Sorcerer Supreme had to summon him here. Before he approached steps of the Sanctum Santorum, the door screech open and Jack could see past the doorway of this magical building. As he sauntered through, he could feel the power all around him. Jack walked through the long hallways, and he strolled past rooms that had contained artifacts with power that could threaten the very fabric of reality.  

Jack heard several voices in one of the rooms down the hallway. The Werewolf headed toward the room filled with voices. Within this large meeting room, his dark eyes could spot several familiar faces. He saw the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Stephen Strange standing before what appeared to be a globe. The globe steadily rotated around while it levitated off the floor. Wong stood alongside Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch. Blade sat in a corner of the room with dark sunglasses covering his eyes and a cold scowl that went over his face. Magik stood alongside Elsa Bloodstone and Morbius on the other side of the room. The Werewolf by Night quietly entered the room while the Sorcerer Supreme continued to discuss recent events that had transpired. The Midnight Sons listened intently at the words of the Sorcerer Supreme while Wong threw in a comment or two regarding the recent events. Jack quietly crept to the corner of the room, and hoped that he would not be a distraction for the other members of the Midnight Sons.  

Doctor Strange was finishing up the meeting, and Jack felt as if he had missed a large portion of what was said. The little information that he was able to hear circled around information that Johnny Blaze had gathered from a lowly demon in the desert. Before this lowly demon met the Penance Stare of the Ghost Rider, it spoke of the return of Lilith and her demonic armies. Johnny Blaze quickly made his way to the Sanctum Santorum, and that is when the Sorcerer Supreme had decided to call upon the Midnight Sons. After the Midnight Sons had devised their plan, they were going to set their sights on the Hell's Gate. The Spirit of Vengeance had said that this would be the area that demons, vampires and the legions of darkness would gather to unleash Lilith upon the world. As the team departed to prevent the rising of the Mother of All Demons, Doctor Strange stopped to speak with Jack Russell. 

"Mr. Russell, I am glad that you made it. How were your travels?" The Sorcerer Supreme asked. 

"Not bad, Doctor..." Jack responded while rubbing the back of his head. "I take it I am not here to assist with this battle against Lilith." Jack said with a puzzled look on his face. 

"Not this time, Jack." Strange replied while waving his hand through the air. A small tea cup appeared before the Werewolf. "Tea?" Strange said gently. 

"Sure." Jack replied while reaching for the small tea cup. 

"We could definitely use you in this fight. To be honest, we could use all the help we could get!" Strange exclaimed while signaling Jack to walk with him. 

"Then what is it that you are wanting me to do?" Jack asked with that same puzzled look that he had before. 

"An old colleague of mine from back when I was a neurosurgeon gave me a call. He is a small-town doctor now in a town off the Mississippi River. Apparently, there have been unusual occurrences happening as of late." Strange replied. 

"Occurrences?" Jack muttered while finishing off his cup of tea. 

"Yes, the town is in quarantine. S.H.I.E.L.D. is making sure that no one leaves or enters the town. The hospital is completely filled and C.D.C. believes it to be a plague. My colleague also said that there have been several disappearances and strange sightings of a creature." Strange replied while coming to a stop. 

"I am no doctor. I am not sure that I would be the best equipped for this mission." Jack said while looking in the eyes of the Sorcerer Supreme. 

"I believe that you are, Mr. Russell. If there is a creature causing this, then I believe you can track it down and put an end to it before this escalates into something much worse." Strange said reassuringly. 

"You said S.H.I.E.L.D. has it quarantined with no one in or out. How am I even supposed to get into this town?" Jack asked. 

"Oh right, I will help you with that." Doctor Strange replied with a flick of his wrist. The Sorcerer Supreme pointed down one of the long hallways. "Should be last door on the right." The Doctor said with a smile. 

Jack steadily walked down the hallway and opened the last door on the right. He suddenly saw what appeared to be an eyeball the size of a planet on the other side and a whaling sound that was almost deafening. Jack immediately shut the door and turned back to the Sorcerer Supreme.  

"My apologies, Mr. Russell. I meant the one on the left." Strange said with a grin. 

Jack nodded his head and walked through the door on the left side of the hallway. He appeared in a hallway that looked to be a hospital wing. There nurses and hospital staff rushing in all directions while rooms were overflowing with patients. Jack stumbled around aimlessly as he tried to figure out why exactly Doctor Strange had sent him to a busy hospital. The Werewolf by Night heard a voice from behind and he turned to see a doctor approaching him. 

"Who are you and why are you walking around my hospital?!" The Doctor snapped. 

"Uh... I'm Jack, Jack Russell. Doctor Strange sent me." Jack responded. 

"Are you a medical doctor or do you have a PhD of some kind?" The Doctor asked. 

"No." Jack responded. 

"Are you a magician like Strange?" The Doctor asked with a cold stare. 

"No." Jack responded. 

"Then I do not need you here! I needed Doctor Stephen Strange, but I guess he is too busy with magic tricks at a child's party!" The Doctor growled. 

"I'm here to help find the source. I heard there might be something that caused all of this." Jack said. 

"Huh... Ever since that damn ship crashed into the harbor a week ago, the whole damn town has gone to hell. CDC thinks we have a plague and I've heard there have been sightings of some pale demon taking people in the night! It has been one damn thing after another. Ever since the Sheriff and his family vanished the night the ship crashed..." The Doctor exclaimed while taking a breath. "I don't know what is going on." 

"Where is this ship?" Jack asked. 

"Still in the harbor. Everything has been closed off." The Doctor replied. 

"I will head there and see if I can find anything." Jack said. 

After Jack walked outside of the hospital, he caught of scent of something that did not seem natural. He walked through the town and saw that it appeared abandoned. There were bicycles that were left out on the streets and businesses that were boarded up. Hordes of rats scattered throughout the alleyways and streets. That unnatural scent grew stronger the closer he was to the bell tower at the center of the town. Jack stopped for a moment and stared at the bell tower. For a moment, he thought about venturing inside to see if the source of this evil was coming from within. Jack let out a sigh and decided it would be best to come back at night. He then proceeded to harbor. Jack found the wreckage of the vessel that had crashed the week before. He snuck into the wreckage and saw something written in blood on the walls of the ship. The blood-stained letters had spelled out a name, Nosferatu. Jack sauntered through the ship, and he could tell that scent was strong within this cursed vessel.  

Jack realized that the scent was that of a vampire, but this scent was different than other vampires that he had normally come across. This smell was that of an ancient beast that has been a plague to mankind for centuries. Jack stood back and felt the beast within him started stirring. With the sun setting on this Devil’s Night, the werewolf that dwelled within Jack Russell was trying to claw its way out into the world. Jack Russell started his transformation within that cursed vessel. With the painful transformation into the Werewolf by Night, the cursed beast clawed at the walls of the vessel and stumbled around the halls. The Werewolf unleashed an unsettling howl into the cold fall night while the full moon shined bright over the once quiet town.

The Werewolf by Night ran through the town toward the scent of this ancient beast. In the center of the town, the bell tower stood under the light of the full moon.  Count Orlok rose up out of his coffin and unleashed a horrifying screech. He crept out of the coffin and stood before the bell that had seen many passing days in this once beautiful town. The ancient vampire gazed upon the town and had hissed at the world before him. This ancient fiend had plans to spread his evil throughout this land. He then heard a spine tingly growl. Count Orlok turned to face the creature that had come to confront him. Count Orlok gritted his sharp teeth and pointed his razor sharp fingernails at the Werewolf by Night. The Werewolf by Night let out a roar and....

It's Intermission Time. Please visit your own kitchen for snacks and refreshments.

Learn More About
Werewolf by Night
Read more about Werewolf by Night at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Entertainment Links: Wikipedia Toonopedia Marvel.com

Nosferatu (Graf Orlok)
Read more about Nosferatu (Graf Orlok) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Public domain (I think) Links: Nosferatu Wikipedia page Nosferatu imdb page Nosferatu page

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
15.00 Total Combined Score
15.00 / 3 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Werewolf by Night: 4
Nosferatu (Graf Orlok): 0

Huh, I swear I made a comment on this match. Must've forgotten to actually post it. My bad. 

Anyways, this was a great set-up, Boratz. It helped the reader get familiar with Orlok and Russell as well as brought you into the gothic atmosphere. 

And yeah, I think the Werewolf rightfully won here. I think his powers would've allowed him to simply outlast the Count until sunrise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Huh, I swear I made a comment on this match. Must've forgotten to actually post it. My bad. 

Anyways, this was a great set-up, Boratz. It helped the reader get familiar with Orlok and Russell as well as brought you into the gothic atmosphere. 

And yeah, I think the Werewolf rightfully won here. I think his powers would've allowed him to simply outlast the Count until sunrise. 

Thanks DS! I was think to go for a classic Gothic esque universal monster theme