Killjoy: 2
The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Match 18571 Brenda Bates vs. Lindsey Wallace

Boratz

With Halloween fast approaching, many in Haddonfield felt a sense of dread for the upcoming holiday. There were curfews put into effect and extra officers out on patrol. It had been some time since the brutal rampage of the infamous Michael Myers, but his memory lived on. The tragedy that shook the community had lived on as nightmares that plagued all of the residents of Haddonfield. While there were a great many that dared to stay in the town that they had called home, there were some that had enough with this wretched place. One of these residents that had enough of this brutal nightmare was a woman by the name of Lindsey Wallace. As a child; she remembered the reign of terror that Michael had unleashed upon Haddonfield, and in his latest rampage, she barely escaped with her own life. After losing friends and loved ones to this evil, she set her eyes on a new chapter outside of Haddonfield. 

After the funeral of her childhood friend, Tommy Doyle, Lindsey had begun searching for a life outside of this town. It seemed after the recent tragedies of that Halloween night; the town of Haddonfield was cursed with funerals. There was mourning to be had for nearly everyone in the town. For Linsdey, she had shed enough tears for one lifetime and felt as if it were time to leave. She had searched for jobs in and out of the state. Lindsey had no idea where she wanted to go or what she wanted to do, all that she wanted was to be away from Haddonfield. Finally, she found a job in Chicago that seemed comfortable. She even found a decently priced apartment complex in what appeared to be a safer area. Deep down in the pit of her chest, she knew that leaving would never cause the nightmares to fade away. She hoped that perhaps this new chapter would at least give her something that resembled peace. 

The survivor of the latest rampage of Michael Myers, had decided to move forward with this offer in Chicago. There was a sense of peace with closing the book of Haddonfield, IL and starting new in Chicago. She knew that Chicago would have its fair share of issues and pain, but she had to start somewhere. Lindsey drove around all the old places that she used to visit out of habit. She gazed upon the bar that she would meet with Tommy on a regular basis and drink away the memories of their first encounter with the Shape. Driving past the house that she was once babysat, memories started flooding in of her childhood. Lindsey then stopped her car in the middle of a street. She felt as if the air had escaped her lunges as she gazed over the park where she came face to face with Michael Myers himself. Lindsey closed her eyes while she recounted smashing him across the face with a bag full of stones. She could still feel his bloody hand around her throat. The stench of blood still haunted her as she steadily let out a breath. 

Lindsey's eyes shot open with the sound of a car horn blasting behind her. She quickly put her foot on the gas pedal and drove forward. She continued her drive through the streets of Haddonfield. Her eyes filled with tears while driving through neighborhood where Tommy and several of the townspeople had met their grizzly ends at the hands of that monster. Through therapy sessions and visits, she learned to find ways to cope with her traumatic memories. Linsdey took some steady and deep breaths while driving through the neighborhoods. She was heading toward the house of Laurie Strode. Lindsey was hesitant at first for she knew that Laurie would probably try to talk her out of leaving. Lindsey had always idolized Laurie for how strong and determined that she was. She had her anxieties about what Laurie would say and feared how she may feel toward her. Despite her anxieties, Lindsey had made up her mind and she was going to move on. 

Stopping outside the house of Laurie Strode, Lindsey took a moment to breathe. There were several thoughts that had rushed through her mind while she sat inside her car. The doubts of whether she should or should not started flooding inside her mind while she sat outside Laurie's house. While there were horrific memories that traumatized her throughout her life, there were glimpses of happiness. Most of the happiness that she had was shared with dear friends and family. Those horrific thoughts started to become overwhelming when she realized that most of those friends and family were now gone because of that embodiment of evil. With some steady breathes, Lindsey closed her eyes and told herself that this is what she needed to do. She opened the door to her car and let out a sigh while walking toward the front door. With a cool breeze and the fall leaves on the ground, Lindsey had her eyes on the door to Laurie's house. There was a squeak in the steps that led up the porch. 

Lindsey pressed her finger against the doorbell and waited while the sound echoed through Laurie's house. She stood back for a moment and started looking away with her thoughts on Laurie. Linsdey could hear the footsteps from the other side of the door and composed herself to get ready to meet with Laurie. The door opened wide and Linsdey saw the clear face of Laurie Strode. Laurie seemed cleaner and better groomed than she had in years' past. She had eyes that had seen years of grief and heartache. She also had a darkness in her eyes that were fierce and dangerous. Laurie had spent her life preparing to put an end to Michael Myers. A warm smile formed across Laurie's face as she looked upon Lindsey Wallace.

"Hi, Lindsey." Laurie said as she opened the door wide to let Lindsey inside.

"This will not take long, Laurie... I'm... I'm leaving Haddonfield..." Lindsey said quickly as if she felt it would make the situation easier. 

"Okay..." Laurie said while shaking her head.

"That's it? Okay?" Lindsey responded with a blank look on her face.

"You are a grown woman. I'm not your mom and I'm not your babysitter. If you want to leave, you are more than welcome to do so." Laurie said with an expressionless face.

"I just... I can't be here anymore. I can't keep driving down these streets and seeing the places where... There's too much here." Linsdey said while struggling with her words.

"Not every city has a Boogeyman. We do... Lindsey, you can leave and there won't be anyone here that would blame you." Laurie responded. 

"Why do you stay, Laurie? You've lost so much. You lost Karen..." Linsdey struggled as tears formed in her eyes. 

"This is my home, Lindsey... I'm not leaving my home." Laurie said with a strong gaze.

"And if he returns?" Lindsey asked.

"I'll kill him." Laurie said with a smirk.

"Please... Please kill that monster. For... For Tommy... For Karen... For everyone he's hurt." Lindsey cried.

"I will." Laurie said with a smile.

The two survivors hugged one another. Lindsey sauntered to her car. She glanced back at Laurie and waved goodbye. While driving through the streets of Haddonfield one last time, she smiled as tears rolled down her face. She had to reassure herself that she was not running away but starting anew. For Lindsey Wallace, Halloween was nothing more than a bad memory. This was her new beginning...

Chicago

Lindsey walked through the doors to the apartment building. She had met a few of the other tenants. There was a family with a single mom and her young son. The young boy smiled and greeted the new lady in the apartment complex. Lindsey felt welcomed in this new place and started heading up to her apartment. After putting her key in the door, she heard her neighbor opening their door. Lindsey stopped and saw her neighbor walking into the hallway. The neighbor was a young woman with blue eyes and long curly hair. A large warm smile formed across her cheeks as her blue eyes caught onto Lindsey Wallace.

"You must be my new neighbor!" The woman said as she put down what appeared to be a bag of textbooks.

"Yes, my name is Lindsey. Lindsey Wallace." Lindsey said while she put out her hand.

"My name is Brenda Bates. I'm a student at the University." Brenda replied with that same warm smile while shaking Lindsey's hand.

"That sounds nice!" Lindsey responded awkwardly.

The two spoke for a minute and Lindsey even laughed a little bit. She did not remember the last time that she laughed. Lindsey immediately felt she made a friend in Brenda. Brenda said that she was late and had to get to class. Before she left for class, Brenda said that she would definitely like to get together with Lindsey and introduce her to the city of Chicago. 

Lindsey walked into her new apartment and took a deep breath. After spending the day setting up her new apartment, she heard a knock at the door. She walked over and opened the door. Brenda stood in the doorway with a box of Chicago style pizza and a case of beers. Brenda said that she got the pizza from one of the best places in Chicago and wanted to give Lindsey an actual welcome to the apartment building. Lindsey welcomed her inside her apartment and they sat down at her table. They laughed and they talked all throughout the night. After losing track of time, Lindsey realized that it was late and she was supposed to start her new job in the morning. 

"I can see us being the best of friends! Goodnight!" Brenda said while giving Lindsey a hug.

With her first day behind her, Lindsey went to sleep feeling like she made a great decision in moving her. The early morning rays brought a fresh new start. Her new job was nothing special but once the work day had come to an end, she started exploring her new city. While exploring the city, she heard a familiar voice from behind. Lindsey turned around and saw the familiar young, blue-eyed woman with long curly hair. 

"Brenda?" Lindsey said with a smile.

"Hey Lindsey!" Brenda shouted as she ran to give Lindsey a hug.

The two spoke about their days and Lindsey asked if Brenda would like to join her on her adventure around the city. They saw the different Halloween decorations and shops throughout the city. Lindsey was hesitant to share about her experiences in Haddonfield but there was something about Brenda that allowed her to open up. Brenda told her a story about one of her undergraduate semesters and how one of her friends had killed several of their classmates. Brenda said that she was able to escape with her life. The two survivors continued to build their friendship while the night went on. 

They headed back to their apartments. Brenda strolled over to her laptop with a sinister smile on her face. She looked over some articles that she had found on the internet about the Haddonfield massacres and started to giggle. Her blue eyes gazed over the computer screen while she read over the list of survivors. The deranged smile that appeared on Brenda's grew only larger as she read articles about her new neighbor. Brenda sent a message to someone about her plans for the Haddonfield survivor. She felt that she had convinced Lindsey that she was her friend, just as she had done with Natalie. The Urban Legend Killer was going to toy with her prey before finishing her off. She leaned back in her chair while reading over a message that she received from an anonymous number. After reading the message, Brenda stood up and looked into the mirror. "This is going to be fun!" She said to herself.

For the next several days, Lindsey started experiencing unusual occurrences. She felt as if she was being followed and there messages written in her apartment that appeared to be written in blood. Lindsey contacted the police but felt as if nothing was being done. The responding officers dismissed it as a cruel prank and they would ask around, but the occurrences only grew worse. As Halloweven grew closer, she felt as if her world was collapsing around her. The activity grew more disturbing when she found the carcass of a small stray dog in her microwave. She spoke with several people about what had been happening, but many dismissed her as being traumatized by her past. Lindsey felt the only friend that was listening to her was her neighbor. She confided more and more into Brenda while trying to find out what was happening around her.

The horror grew worse in the days before Halloween. Lindsey discovered a body hanging in her apartment. Before she could take out her phone to call the police, she felt the world growing hazey. Everything went dark around her as she felt herself being drugged. Lindsey then woke up in what appeared to be an abandoned building. She looked around and saw a hooded figure standing in the corner of the room. 

"Who are you?! What do you want?!" Lindsey shouted. 

The figure pulled back the hood and to Lindsey's horror, she saw the face of her friend. There was a deranged look on the blue eyed woman with long curly hair. She had a sinister smile and was starting to chuckle as she stepped closer to Lindsey Wallace.

"Brenda?" Lindsey said in disbelief.

"DING DING DING DING DING DING!" Brenda shouted with excitement.

"Why?" Lindsey asked.

"Oh well my doctor may say it's because I am crazy, but honestly I have never felt more sane in my entire life!" Brenda said with her piercing blue eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" Lindsey asked.

"You are a survivor! My friends and I don't care much for survivors!" Brenda replied with a chuckle.

"Your friends?" Lindsey said as she looked away.

"That is a long story and I do not feel like getting into it, but you are about to snap. You killed everyone else in the apartment complex and then you went after little ol' me. Not before I stopped you and put an end to your insanity!" Brenda laughed.

"You're insane!" Lindsey shouted as she was able to break loose from her restraints.

"Where do you think you're going, little Miss Lindsey?!" Brenda screamed while Lindsey ran outside the room. 

Lindsey saw her bag outside and ran to pick up it up. To her horror, she could not see hee phone. She heard Brenda following close behind, and Lindsey ran outside the abandoned building. She went to hide in a dark alley. Remembering her confrontation with Michael Myers, Lindsey started filling her bag with pieces of broken concrete. She knew that she would have to face Brenda if she was going to survive.

Lindsey has a bag full of rocks and broken concrete. She is trying to fight for survival and evade Brenda

Brenda Bates has an axe and is hunting for Linsdey

Man, no one's commented on this yet? This is a very good match. 

Another great one, Boratz. You're among the best here at creating an atmosphere for your stories.

As for the match, I haven't seen a Halloween film, but if Lindsey's survived six encounters with Michael Myers, she can probably escape from Brenda just fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Man, no one's commented on this yet? This is a very good match. 

Another great one, Boratz. You're among the best here at creating an atmosphere for your stories.

As for the match, I haven't seen a Halloween film, but if Lindsey's survived six encounters with Michael Myers, she can probably escape from Brenda just fine.

Thanks DS!

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
4.80 - DSkillz
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.80 Total Combined Score
14.80 / 3 = 4.93 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Brenda Bates: 2