MATCH SCORE
General Kregg: 2
Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 18413 Zilla Jr. vs. Cloverfield Creature (Clover)

Project: Rehab.  Case #2 Session #1 

The sounds of sirens rang out through the air of Staten Island.  Nick Tatopoulos looked out from the dock of H.E.A.T. headquarters toward the direction of Manhattan, which was surrounded in smoke and flames.  Helicopters flew into the chaos, the sound of their engines sounding muted to the otherworldly howls of the creature.  He dialed his cellphone as he walked inside to Randy Hernandez and Mendel Craven, huddled around a computer screen.  “Any signs of him?” asked Nick. 

“Nothing, jefe,” said Randy.  “The signal beacon is ringing, but the big guy isn’t picking up.”  Mendel sniffed and hit a series of keys.  “I don’t understand it!  With all the seismic activity caused by that… thing, Godzilla should have come into the open already.” 

“Maybe he’s on vacation,” smirked Randy.  “Or maybe your overgrown pager is on the fritz.” 

“It’s not a pager!” shouted Mendel.  “It’s a buoy programed to project an auditory signal which will…” 

“Knock it off!  Both of you!” snapped Nick.  The bickering colleagues fell quiet.   Nick sighed.  “Look, I’m sorry.  But we have to keep pumping out that signal.  Use every frequency you’ve got!”  Mendel and Randy nodded and went back to work.  Nick dialed the number the number and got another busy signal.  “Come on, Audrey, Elsie, anybody!” he whispered. 

Suddenly Nick heard the familiar voice on the line.  “Nick?  Oh my God, is it you?” 

“Audrey!” Nick ran back onto the dock.  “Are you alright?  Where are you?” 

“I’m trapped, Nick.  Animal and I couldn’t get out of Manhattan.” 

Nick looked helplessly at the outline of the enormous creature silhouetted against burning buildings in the distance.  “You know me, Nick,” Audrey coughed.  “Got some great footage of this thing.  Pulitzer winning stuff.  Too bad I won’t be around to collect.” 

“Audrey, don’t say that!  Where on the island are you?  Elsie and Monique are getting refugees out on the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  We can get you out of there!” 

There was roar that rang in Nick’s ears from Manhattan and on his phone.  “Audrey!” 

“It’s right on top of us, Nick!  Animal!  Are you getting this?  There’s something falling off it.  OH GOD!  THEY’RE ALIVE!  NICK! NICK!” 

The phone went dead.  “Audrey!  AUDREY!” Nick screamed.  He ran back into the base.  “Randy!  I need you to get me a line to the H.E.A.T. Seeker!  They need to get to Manhattan!  Audrey and Animal are in trouble!” 

“So’s everyone else in Manhattan, boss man!” replied Randy.  “With all of the interference and outages it’s a miracle any of this stuff is working at all!”  Nick grabbed a hold of Randy’s arm and pulled him away from the computer.  “Then get it working!  You’re the best hacker on the planet!  Get our communications back…” 

The lights in the base went out.  There was only a faint glow of static on the screens.  “Well, that’s just terrific,” sulked Randy.  “But… the base has it’s own off-grid generator,” said Mendel.  “What could have damaged…”  There was the sound of skittering legs on the roof.  The three scientists looked up to see a large, insect-like creature scurry past the windows on the roof of the base.  The creature gave a high-pitched screech and charged at the window. 

“GET BACK!  GET BACK!”  Nick had just enough time to yell before the creature crashed through the glass.  Mendel and Randy screamed and backed away from the creature.  It’s pincers slashed and it’s jaws snapped hungrily at the three of them.  “What is that thing?!” Mendel whimpered. 

“The thing that wants to eat us, genius!” snapped Randy. 

The creature pounced at them, only for a familiar robot to get in it’s way.  “N.I.G.E.L.!” cheered Mendel. 

“Thank you, thank you very much,” said the robot in an Elvis voice.  Mendel glared at Randy.  “How many times have told you to stop messing around with N.I.G.E.L.’s voice?”  Randy shrugged.  “Just given him a personality.  So, sue me.” 

N.I.G.E.L.’s hydraulic arm forced the creature back.  It extended another arm projecting an arc of electricity.  “Now, listen, baby,” it said, still channeling Elvis.  “I’m giving you one last chance.  It’s now or never!” 

The creature’s jaws crunched down on the arm and ripped it from N.I.G.E.L.’s body.  Nick, Mendel, and Randy looked on in shock as the creature tore through the robot until all that was left was a beeping hunk of twisted metal.  “Well, anyone have a bright idea?” Randy chuckled nervously.  The creature shrieked at them and charged straight for them. 

Three gunshots rang out and creature howled in pain.  It turned around to see Monique Dupre advancing on it with pistol drawn, Elsie following behind her.  The creature sprang at Monique who emptied the clip of her pistol into it’s open mouth.  It staggered back on it’s spindly legs for a moment then fell to the ground. 

“My hero,” smiled Randy.  Monique holstered her pistol and gave a small grin.  “Someone has to look out for you, mon ami.”  Elsie ran past Monique and hugged Nick.  “Nick!  You’re ok!  It’s crazy out there!  Where’s Godzilla?” 

“Never mind Godzilla,” Nick said.  “Where have you two been?  We haven’t had radio contact from you for hours!”  Randy knelt by the body of the dead creature.  “Obviously they’ve been taking classes on squashing oversized bugs like our buddy here.” 

“Don’t get too close!” Elsie shouted.  “We were getting people off Manhattan to safety and some of them had been bitten by these things.”  Mendel gulped.  “What happened to them?” 

“Well, let’s just say we’re going to have do some deep cleaning on the H.E.A.T. Seeker.” 

Nick looked down on at the creature.  “Incredible!  Some kind of offspring?  Or are they some parasitic creature?”  Nick shook himself out of his fascination and turned his attention back to Monique.  “We’ll worry about that later.  We need to get the H.E.A.T. Seeker back to Manhattan.  If I can reach Audrey’s phone again we can triangulate the signal to find where she is!” 

“We may not have time for that,” Monique said.  “I was hearing some of the soldiers talking.  It sounds like your military is preparing to engage a final contingency against the creature.  Something called HAMMERDOWN.” 

“That… doesn’t sound great,” Randy said.  “Especially for any people still trapped on Manhattan,” said Elsie. 

“But how are we going to reach them?” asked Mendel.  “With all those parasite things and that monster running around?” 

The computer began beeping urgently as the team felt the ground vibrate beneath them.  Mendel and Elsie ran to the screen.  “Large seismic activity,” said Mendel.  “Sonar is picking up something!” 

“Another monster?” asked Monique.  Elsie smiled up at the screen.  “And this one’s on our side!” 

Zilla Jr’s head broke the surface of the water at the dock of H.E.A.T. headquarters.  He roared to the heavens as the team ran out to meet him.  “Oh yeah!” shouted Randy.  “The big guy is back!” 

“Alright!”  Nick turned to his team.  “Everybody get on the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  We’re going back to Manhattan!” 

“I was afraid you’d say that,” moaned Mendel. 

Nick turned to look up into the eyes of Zilla Jr.  “GODZILLA!” he yelled, pointing at the monster in the distance.  “ATTACK!” 

Zilla Jr. howled as it lunged toward Manhattan to do battle with the creature that had invaded his domain. 

OK then:

Zilla Jr. and Clover are both at full strength. 

Last monster standing wins. 

Game On! 

Nice to see Zilla Jr. finally in an official match. 🙂

I give the match a 5.0. 😎

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.80 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Venom 2009
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.80 Total Combined Score
19.80 / 4 = 4.95 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Zilla Jr.: 4
Cloverfield Creature (Clover): 2

THE BOTTOM LINE 

The members of H.E.A.T. hurried to shepherd refugees onto the H.E.A.T. Seeker as Zilla Jr. and the monster did battle.  The monster was much larger than Zilla Jr, but the son of Godzilla showed no hesitation.  He leapt and crawled up the invaders body, his jaws crushing down on it’s grotesque frame.  The parasites scurried to defend their host, as it howled and slammed it’s body into buildings to force Zilla Jr. loose. 

“This way!  Onto the boat!  Hurry!” Nick shouted, his voice drowned out every so often by the sound of Monique’s pistol dispatching a parasite.  In the distance, Elsie could see a familiar figure moving toward them, struggling to support another person struggling to walk.  “Animal!  Audrey!  Over here!”  The cameraman helped the reporter over the debris as they reached the remains of the harbor.  Mendel hurried to assist and between him and Animal they helped Audrey reach the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  “Don’t worry, Miss Timmonds,” Mendel said, glancing at the makeshift splint on her leg.  “We’ll get you checked out in no time.” 

“Should’ve known you people would show up with your pet lizard,” Audrey said dazedly.  “Animal, rush our footage to the studio.  They need to get for the 10 O’clock news.”  Animal nodded with a worried look.  “No sweat, boss.  Just relax.” 

Zilla Jr.’s roar was heard and everyone turned back to the battle.  The monster reached up with one of it’s gangly arms and knocked Zilla Jr. from it’s shoulders.  It whipped it’s tail and sent Zilla Jr. careening into a skyscraper, leaving him growling in pain in the rubble. 

“Godzilla!” Nick shouted.  Monique held him back as he tried to run towards the chaos.  “Nick!  It’s too late!  Once those parasites bite Godzilla, there’s nothing we can do!  We have to get the others to safety!”  Nick looked in despair at his fallen friend.  Already he could see parasites skittering towards him.  Nick turned away and shouted to the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  “Randy!  Get this boat moving!” 

“On it, boss man!”  Monique and Nick ran up the gangplank onto their ship, which was now filled with the survivors of the monster’s onslaught.  A woman ran up to Nick in a panic.  “Where are you taking us?  Who are you people?!  Do you know what’s going on?  What is that thing?!” 

“Please, ma’am.  We’re taking you somewhere safe, I promise.”  The woman continued raving, tears starting to come down her cheeks.  “But you can’t leave yet!  My boyfriend’s still out there!  I mean, he’s my ex but he was looking for me!  He said he was coming for me!”  Monique gently took the woman by the arm.  “Madame, I need you to look at me.  I need you to breathe, do you understand?  Breathe.”  The woman shakily started to breathe, broken up by her quiet sobbing.  “Now,” Monique continued.  “Tell me.  What is your name?”  The woman sniffled and looked through her unkempt hair.  “Beth.  My name is Beth.” 

“Well, Beth,” said Monique.  “I will see what I can do to find your friend.  But for now you need to be calm for me, understand?”  Beth took a deep breath and nodded. 

The moment was instantly broken by Randy’s voice coming over the intercom.  “Boss!  We’ve got company coming!”  Nick pushed through the crowd to the bridge of the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  Randy stood at the wheel, pointing at the screen that showed the carnage behind them.   “That big, ugly hombre is coming for us, man!”  The image showed the monster lurching towards the water.  “Can’t you get this boat moving any faster?” Mendel moaned.  “Loved to,” snapped Randy.  “But we’re almost on are last drop of fuel!  And we have a ton more weight on this thing than we usually do!” 

“That thing’s a form of deep-sea life!” Elsie shouted.  “If it gets in the water it won’t matter how fast we’re going!” 

Nick turned to Mendel.  “Break out those harpoons, and those electric stunners you were working on.  Get as many of the refugees into the hold.” 

A familiar roar interrupted Nick.  The team spun back to the screen.  Randy pumped his fist.  “Alright, G-man!” 

Zilla Jr. rose up to his feet, shaking off the parasites from off his hide.  He let out another roar and the monster turned around and howled back.  Zilla Jr. open his jaws wide and a blast of nuclear breath shot out.  The parasites squealed in pain as they were melted by Zilla Jr.  The monster smashed through the remains of buildings as it lumbered back towards Zilla Jr., but the son of Godzilla let out another fiery blast straight at it.  The monster yowled in pain as parasites exploded across it’s frame.  It glowed as it’s limbs buckled under it.  Zilla Jr charged forward and leapt at the monster, it’s jaws clamping down on the creature’s neck.  Black liquid spurted out of the monster as Zilla Jr. chomped again and again.  The humans on the H.E.A.T. Seeker looked on in awe as Zilla Jr. slowly worked the monster down on it’s belly.  Zilla Jr. crawled on top of the monster and let loose a final burst of nuclear breath right into it’s head.  The monster quivered, gave a final, strained howl, then fell still. 

There was a moment of silence on the boat, then a cheer rose up from the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  “He did it!’ said Mendel in disbelief.  “He got it!” 

“Ah, I knew the big guy wouldn’t let us down,” bragged Randy.  Monique rolled her eyes.  “Of course, you did.”  Elsie wrapped her arms around Nick in a big hug.  “But with all this destruction, all the people we lost.  New York might never recover from this.”  Nick looked out the observation window to the deck of the H.E.A.T. Seeker.  The survivors were milling about, cheering, hugging and high fiving each other.  But Nick could only see Beth, in a passionate embrace with a young man with brown hair.  Nick gave a small smile and returned Elsie’s hug.  “We’ll find a way, we’ll always find a way.”  The H.E.A.T. Seeker lazily traveled around the harbor as Zilla Jr. gave a roar of victory. 

CLOVERFIELD REHAB: FAILED. 

PROJECT: REHAB CONTINUES.