Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 18345 Thane Krios vs. Jonathan Joestar

SSJRuss

The League Project was designed to protect the whole of the omni-verse by putting together heroes from worlds near and far. Today, nearly a hundred different crisis units serve in Verse City, their central hub.

In-between saving the omni-verse, the teams become restless and compete in battle to determine where their team ranks. Through a series of seven fights, each team competes against one another to win the best of seven. 

Now, we return to one of those battles-

BEST OF SEVEN:

TEAM Nightwing  (1)   VS    TEAM American Dream  (0)

Nightwing                    Jonathan Joestar

Thane Krios                                Ben Reilly

Cat in the Hat                                Lemillion

Kikaider 01                               Spyro

Hellboy                         American Dream

Black Rock Shooter                     Shina/Marvel

Annabeth Chase                  Cade Skywalker

Timing was everything and Nightwing was an expert, he anticipated where his opponent Lemillion would reappear, turning around and flinging one of his batons in that direction. Lemillion lept from beneath the solid ground, having used his quirk to move through objects. His face collided with the airborne baton, but harmlessly permeated through.

For every move Nightwing made, Lemillion had a counter. The two had spent their entire match countering and cross-countering one another. Nightwing's years of expert skill clashed against Lemillion's superior speed. Punches and kicks missed and landed in a superhero dance. Either team could do nothing but cheer on, hoping their champion would walk away with the win.

Lemillion permeated again and slipped into the ground, reappearing behind Nightwing to his surprise. Lemillion wasted no time in locking in his arms around his opponent's neck. The fight slowed as Nightwing struggled to break the hold.

"Hey buddy, this has been fun. Maybe you can give up if you want to," said Lemillion.

"Thanks," Nightwing whispered. "You're really nice, but-" he pressed down on his wrist, activating the electromagnetic pulse in the baton laying beneath them.

The blue hued pulse forced the hold to break and Nightwing capitalized in that moment, swinging his elbow into Lemillion's throat. This time it landed.

Before his opponent could use his power, Nightwing struck several pressure points in sequence. In moments, Lemillion fell unconscious.

"We have a winner by knockout! One point for Team Nightwing!"

One side of the arena cheered, celebrating the win of their leader.

"Way to go, Nightwing!" Said Kikaider, putting a hand on his captain's shoulder. Other members echoed this remark.

"Thanks. Like I said, nothing to worry about," Nightwing smiled, putting on a show that he wasn't in fact exhausted.

The other side were more somber, Jonathan Joestar helping Lemillion off the battleground and over to the side. "You fought bravely, my friend. Do not feel ashamed that you lost."

Lemillion held his head down as American Dream echoed Joestar, "He is right, you did well. I'm proud."

Lemillion smiled and sat down but before he could speak, Joestar had something to say. "Alright, I'm up next. I'll not hear another word otherwise."

Jonathan brandished his sword, Pluck, and with fire in his eyes marched to the middle of the field. "FACE ME IF YOU DARE, TEAM NIGHTWING! I, JONATHAN JOESTAR, WILL BE YOUR OPPONENT!"

"He's awfully eager," said Annabeth Chase.

"Agreed. Perhaps someone should dampen that enthusiasm," Thane Krios strolled to the battleground to meet Joestar.

"Well met, Jonathan. I am Thane Krios. I promise not to kill you."

Thane's species the Drell require aridity, but Jonathan's hamon let's him do a lot of water manipulation. I give this to Jojo.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:48 PM, Twogunkid said:

Thane's species the Drell require aridity, but Jonathan's hamon let's him do a lot of water manipulation. I give this to Jojo.

I hadn't thought about how hamon may affect Thane in that he is a Drell. That's a good point to make because that could seriously hurt his chances.

Basically he has to go into this fight quick and try to win like he would a job. Thing is he can't kill here so that might make him slip up. For that reason, I say Jonathan takes this at least 6/10.

That said, if any help is needed on Thane here is his RT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/epku22/respect_thane_krios_mass_effect/

6 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I hadn't thought about how hamon may affect Thane in that he is a Drell. That's a good point to make because that could seriously hurt his chances.

Basically he has to go into this fight quick and try to win like he would a job. Thing is he can't kill here so that might make him slip up. For that reason, I say Jonathan takes this at least 6/10.

That said, if any help is needed on Thane here is his RT.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/epku22/respect_thane_krios_mass_effect/

Man! I keep forgetting about Mass Effect people's biotics!

On 7/19/2022 at 10:32 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Man! I keep forgetting about Mass Effect people's biotics!

Yeah it's pretty effective in combat. And it's something Joestar would have little ways to counter.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.90 - Boratz
3.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
12.50 Total Combined Score
12.50 / 3 = 4.17 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Thane Krios: 1
Jonathan Joestar: 4