Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Match 18248 Nancy Wheeler vs. Lo Pan

After the many adventures and terrors in Hawkins Indiana, Nancy Wheeler finally left town after getting an offer from a prestigious paper in San Francisco. There were many that thought the small-town girl would be eaten alive by the big city. But they didn’t know Nancy.

She quickly worked her way up through the paper earning a reputation as a fearless investigative journalist, who asked the hard-hitting questions, and when push came to shove, she wasn’t afraid to fight her way out of the trouble she often found herself in. One of Nancy’s investigations even led to a crooked District Attorney being arrested.

“Nancy, I worry about you some days.” Her editor said, shaking his head.

Nancy smirked, “I can’t help doing my job.”

“Yeah, I just worry you’re going to bite off more than you can chew one day.”

Nancy thought back to her years in Hawkins, the horrors she had witnessed, and the many close calls.

“Hasn’t happened yet.”

One day Nancy got a phone call, the woman on the other end promised her the story of a lifetime and gave her an address to meet her at. Nancy was intrigued and found the address was a law office.

A woman with green eyes and red hair met her cordially.

“Thanks for coming Ms. Wheeler. My name is Gracie Law, I’m an attorney.”

Nancy chuckled, “A lawyer named, Law?”

Gracie sighed, “Yes. I get that all the time. What do you know about David Lo Pan?”

Nancy’s face became sterner, “David Lo Pan. Owner of the Wing Kong Imports, but who’s so reclusive no one has ever seen him. The alleged godfather of China Town.”

Gracie arched an eyebrow, “You certainly know your stuff.”

“I’ve had Lo Pan pegged as a person of interest for some time. Haven’t gotten very far in investigating him though.”

Gracie nodded, “Well this might be your chance. If you’re interested.”

Nancy nodded. “I’m interested.”

Some time later Nancy was in her car outside of a brothel known as ‘The White Tiger’ Gracie had called her in after witnessing an abduction in the airport. Rain pelted the car roof and thunder rumbled overhead.

Nancy watched as Gracie moved from a car in front of her and knocked on her window.

After Nancy let her in Gracie began to speak.

“We’ve got one of our best men inside now. This is going to be page one.”

As the two women talked the ground began to shake.

“Earthquake?” Gracie pondered.

A green light filled the sky and workers and clients alike began to spill out of the brothel. Nancy threw open her car door and looked up in time to see a man riding a lightning bolt carrying a screaming woman in his arms.

“Huh,” Nancy muttered.

Later Nancy found herself with Gracie and several other people, a loud mouthed man named Jack Burton going on about his stolen truck, Wang Chi a restaurant owner who’s fiancé had been kidnapped, and Egg Shen a local guide. There was a lot of talk of ancient Chinese magic, and strange occurrences wrapped up in the kidnapping.

“You sure don’t seem too phased by green fire and a flying man.” Gracie commented to Nancy.

“Oh, I’ve seen stranger things than that. I’ve seen monsters. Not just bad people, I’ve seen plenty of those, I mean actual monsters.” Nancy replied.

Gracie raised an eyebrow, “Really, something tells me we should have a chat about that.”

After a time Jack and Wang left to investigate the Wing Kong exchange. Nancy had insisted on going with them but had been talked out of it. The hours ticked by though and there was no sign of Jack or Wang.

“They’ve been gone a long time. I’m going after them.” Nancy said standing up.

“I’m coming with you.” Gracie declared.

“Uh, me too.” Eddie, Wang’s friend said. “You need a translator.”

On the car ride over to the Wing Kong exchange Nancy spoke, “So you like Jack don’t you?”

Gracie blushed, “What? No, ew, he’s a rude and crude truck driver.”

“Not bad looking though, right?” Nancy chided.

“Shut up Nancy.” Gracie growled.

Alright so basically Nancy is replacing the journalist from the film, how much difference will she make? Will things play out differently but still the same? Will her spunkiness get her into too much trouble for once? You decide!     

I recently rewatched 'Big Trouble in Little China' and just started season 4 of 'Stranger Things.' (No spoilers please) I don't know what happens to her in S4 but if she makes it out alright this is after season 4 if not this is after S3. 

19 hours ago, patrickthekid said:

I don't see anything from Nancy that wouldn't prevent her from being hypnotized into being his wife much like the other reporter. She can't really harm him until he becomes corporal.

Quick correction if you mean Kim Cattrall's character she's an attorney, and in the setup. Nancy is taking the place of the reporter Margot who didn't have much of a role in the movie. 

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - Boratz
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.50 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Nancy Wheeler: 3
Lo Pan: 3

2 hours ago, Callisto said:

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - Boratz
4.60 - leroypowell3
4.50 - SSJRuss

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.80 Total Combined Score
13.80 / 3 = 4.60 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Nancy Wheeler: 3
Lo Pan: 3

Thanks for rating guys. Another tie. Was hoping we'd get some discussion though. 

22 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Thanks for rating guys. Another tie. Was hoping we'd get some discussion though. 

Sorry. I could tell it was written well but I don't know the characters enough to give an opinion.

A tie seems fitting honestly.