MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

The Grand Hunt R1 - Kintaro vs. Baby Zillas

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: ESCAPE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

This contest was meaningless. Why should he, Kintaro of the Shokan, be subjected to a hunter’s test when he had nothing to prove? Wasn’t it he who fought by Shao Kahn’s side? He who ruled aside Mileena when she took the throne? Kintaro was more than a simple hunter.

And yet, here he was. Sitting among mortals in some uninspired hall of technology and sophistication. Kintaro felt a bile of fire in his throat.

Among these mortals was one called The Commissioner. He took the floor and told them the details of this contest of hunters. The Grand Hunt, he called it. "This... game of sorts has been a project of mine for some time," he started. "I'm glad each of you answered the call."

Glad? He should feel honored to have Kintaro in his presence. Kintaro is a champion hunter of the Shokan and second only to Prince Goro in power and prestige. He’s killed and tamed beasts far greater than what challenges lay ahead.

The Commissioner gestured to a projection filled with icons of each of the hunter's faces. They surrounded three large maps, outlined in different colors. "Here is how this works," he explained. "Each of you must complete a challenge to move on to the next round. The game ends and a winner is crowned GRAND CHAMPION when the rest of the competitors have failed their challenges. These first few challenges will be solo for the moment, so don’t worry about anyone here trying to stab you in the back."

Kintaro couldn’t help but huff at the Commissioner. "This game will take too long. I suggest we battle now and see who stands victor," he finished with a snarl toward the group of mortal hunters, daring them to make the first move.

"This isn't a bar fight big man," one of them said calmly, not bothering to look in Kintaro’s direction. "This contest is the real deal, ain't that right Commissioner?" His voice was gravely, matching his roguish appearance.

This one would have the honor of dying by Kintaro’s hand first, he thought silently as the Commissioner finished his briefing.

The projection told Kintaro he was to go to some place called ‘Madison Square Garden’ to complete his challenge.

“I have yet to face a challenge I could not overcome,” Kintaro stood, readying himself for combat.

The Commissioner transported Kintaro to this so-called ‘Garden’. What Kintaro found was a large building in disarray. His keen senses picked out the odor of blood mixed with the rain of Earthrealm. Hints of other creatures lurked in the dark halls. Kintaro was reminded of Reptile and his kind. Perhaps he’d face him for this challenge…

Kintaro gripped his Saber Teeth gauntlets, one for each of his four fists. He stomped through the halls, leading down through an ajar door. He pushed past it and was met with the heavy sniff of a creature. No, not one but dozens. A hoard of lizards, hungry for their next meal.

They screeched, jaws full of teeth. Kintaro met their roar with one of his own.

Let the hunt begin!

Kintaro must survive and escape Madison Square Garden, which is full of hungry baby zillas, to win the challenge.

Imma go with the baby zillas here. If they dogpile him Kintaro won't be able tofight them all off as they are bitting his limbs off. Strategy is the best option here and he's kind of a head on guy so he'll start ripping them apart until there gets to be too many and then it's too late to run.

Hey! Another match with the Baby Zillas! 😃

I give the setup a 5.0. 😎

Baby Zillas are popular I guess 😅

But yeah, Kintaro will likely try to kill as many of the Zillas as he can. He could probably mow down quite a few but if doesn't retreat when he starts to get overwhelmed, I think he'll be in trouble. It's kinda 50/50 in my book

12 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Baby Zillas are popular I guess 😅

But yeah, Kintaro will likely try to kill as many of the Zillas as he can. He could probably mow down quite a few but if doesn't retreat when he starts to get overwhelmed, I think he'll be in trouble. It's kinda 50/50 in my book

I would probably be helpful if we knew exactly how many there were.

Here is a video on the Baby Zillas to help out the match.

13 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I would probably be helpful if we knew exactly how many there were.

228. The same number from the movie. Again that's throughout the entire Garden and he doesn't have to fight of them, just escape. But he might try and kill them all lol

1 minute ago, SSJRuss said:

228. The same number from the movie. Again that's throughout the entire Garden and he doesn't have to fight of them, just escape. But he might try and kill them all lol

Kintaro WILL try to kill them all. He ain't going nowhere unless Shao Khan tells him to. Thus his eventually overwhelming defeat.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - leroypowell3
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.70 Total Combined Score
9.70 / 2 = 4.85 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kintaro: 2
Baby Zillas: 3

8 hours ago, Callisto said: