MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

The Grand Hunt R1 - Beowulf vs. Kobolds

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: DEFEAT THE KOBOLDS

Beowulf did not like this room. He did not like these people.

When he accepted the call of the grand hunt, he was under the impression that it would be for him alone. Not that he would be competing with beasts of misshapen forms. A tiger, a bug, a plate of cakes, each disguised as a man. There were no men here save for himself.

Beowulf felt the urge to lift a weapon and sends these vagabonds back to the hell they crawled from, but he denied himself and took a seat among them. Beowulf was a patient man and patience had won him the day long before.

A thin, pale man took the stand before them. He seemed well dressed in cloth but wore a haunting smile across his face. He held an air of unnatural that fit the room. He called himself the ‘The Commissioner’ and Beowulf quickly learned that this was indeed the man that made the call.

"This... game of sorts has been a project of mine for some time," the Commissioner started. "I'm glad each of you answered the call. I will keep this brief."

The Commissioner showed the group three different maps. Beowulf spotted his image quickly outlined in green next to a map of somewhere called ‘The Castle’. Before any of them could ask, the Commissioner continued his explanation. "Each of you must complete a challenge to move on to the next round. The game ends and a winner is crowded GRAND CHAMPION when the rest of the competitors have failed their challenges. These first few challenges will be solo for the moment, so you won't have to worry about anyone here trying to stab you in the back or getting in the way. I'm only interested in seeing your skills on display at their best."

Beowulf couldn’t help but let out a short but hearty laugh. There had never been a challenge he did not overcome. He was legendary among his people and faced the mightiest foes imaginable. Whatever the game required, he would match it and become this world’s grand champion. He would be a legend once more...

A few of the vagabonds disapproved of this idea of the game aloud, but Beowulf kept from entering their squabble. He instead listened and took their measure.

The tiger man was no brighter than his sandal.

The one woman among them had fire in her eyes as well as her hair. A warrior in her land, no doubt.

Two men of color seemed ordinary enough, but they too had an intense look about them.

The one that smelled of food… he was impossible to read.

None here seemed fit to the challenge, but Beowulf was excited nonetheless to see how they performed. Perhaps he would get a worthy adversary out of this ordeal.

Some magic beyond his understanding brought Beowulf before a castle. It was the same as the one from the map. Weathered but not old, put together well, and bare of any sigil of whom might control it.

And the single draw bridge was down, inviting Beowulf inside.

Beowulf took stock of his weapons and made for the castle, ready to face the challenges inside. He could already smell that something was behind it's walls, ready to strike.

But Beowulf would strike first.

Beowulf must take the castle and defeat the group of Kobolds that control it to win the challenge.

(25 Kobolds with access to spears, shields, swords, bow and arrows, and one or two low level spells.)

(Beowulf has his swords Hrunting and Naegling)

I have no idea how tough kobolds really are in D&D but I hear they are pretty weak and low level characters kill them without much issue. From what I remember of Beowulf, he shouldn't have much trouble despite the odds.

I like the match and this arc. I give the setup a 5.0.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.80 - Mercenaryblade
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.50 Total Combined Score
19.50 / 4 = 4.88 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE