MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

The Grand Hunt R1 - Mancake vs. Fortnite Island

SSJRuss

The Grand Hunt

Round ONE

Challenge: SURVIVE FORTNITE ISLAND

The Verse City Commissioner finally stood tall, signaling to the competitors before him that it was time to get started. Before him sat nine hunters in a neat row, listening to what he had to say.

"Thank you all for being here," The Commissioner started, "This... game of sorts has been a project of mine for some time and I'm glad each of you answered the call. I will keep this brief as I'm sure you're eager to get started."

Like he was teaching a class, the Commissioner gestured to the projection behind him. The top of the screen displayed icons of the hunters, small in comparison to the various maps laid out in a square pattern. "Here is how this works. Each of you must complete a challenge to move on to the next round. The game ends and a winner is crowded GRAND CHAMPION when the rest of the competitors have failed their challenges. These first few challenges will be solo for the moment, so you won't have to worry about anyone here trying to stab you in the back."

A disapproving huff came from Kintaro, the large four armed competitor seated in the back. "This game will take too long. I suggest we battle now and see who stands victor," he finished with a snarl toward another competitor making eye contact with him.

"This isn't a bar fight big man," Cad Bane said, ignoring the others and slouching in his seat at the front. "This contest is the real deal, ain't that right Commissioner?"

The Commissioner nodded a response and finished the briefing.

"You'll each compete every round but your challenges will not the same as others. You'll be grouped at random on what your challenge will be. Observe," With a flick of his wrist, the Commissioner changed the project slide to three different maps- An isolated island, a mountain side, and Madison Square Garden.

"Because there are nine of you, this round has been divided into three challenges. You'll see the maps are highlighted with a different color, those will correspond with your icons. Your matching color is your challenge. Simple, yes?"

The hunters made their comments and questions but were ushered to their challenges soon after...

"This'll be a piece of cake," thought Mancake as twirled his six shooter between his fingers. His challenge was surviving Fortnite island, a task he was VERY comfortable with.

Though the island liked to change every few months, Mancake wasn't worried. Each change was small and his mini-map would give him a leg up in this competition. He just needed to focus on one thing and that was being the island's only survivor.

Mancake continued his ritual of gun twirling as he hopped onto the Battle Bus and was transported to the island.

"One hundred marks," he thought, looking as the packed seats before him. Each of these characters wanted the victory, wanted his pancake head on a stick. Not a chance.

They started jumping out the bus in droves, but Mancake was patient. The Commissioner would be watching this match. No way was he going to look like some fool and lose to the one challenge that he'd have an advantage in. The bus reached the other end of the island. Mancake leapt, landing superhero style and equipped his six shooters.

It was time to hunt some flapjacks!

Mancake must survive and win a standard (100 player) Battle Royale match of Fortnite.

Though I am biased, Mancake still has a good chance of winning. I've seen him take out other loopers in the Butter Barn on his own and he's got good aim with that six shooter.

Honestly, I just wanted to put something on his record.