MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Agent Carter S03E14 Match 18026 Daredevil (Golden Age) vs. Dottie Underwood (Agent Carter)

broadwaybeyonder

Episode 14: Why Don’t You Surrender? 

August 10th, 1947.  Catskill Mountains.  New York City, NY. 

Peggy, Jack, and Howard made their way through the corridors of the bunker.  Peggy’s gun was drawn and at the ready as she led the way.  “Carter! Slow down!” Jack said.  “We don’t know what’s down here!”  Peggy continued briskly down the hall.  “Just keep up, Chief Thompson.”  Jack grabbed her arm to halt her progress as Howard panted as caught up with them.  “Peggy, use your head.  We could be walking straight into a trap.” 

“Don’t you think I know that?” snapped Peggy.  “We need to find Nefaria and Benton’s serum.  The Maggia would be unstoppable if they get their hands on it!” 

“And what happens if he sicks this Daredevil guy on us?  From what you said he’s tougher than Benton and Masque.  Do you really want to fight him again?” 

“I don’t care!” Peggy shouted.  Howard put a finger to his lips.  “Sorry to interrupt, but could you both keep it down when we’re trying to sneak around an abandoned laboratory?”  Peggy turned away from Jack, who released her arm.  “I know you are scared for your brother, Carter.  And I know you don’t want to hear this.  But whatever they’ve done to him, he’s completely under the Maggia’s control now.  If he leaves us no choice…” 

“You let me deal with it, Thompson,” said Peggy.  “I do have a plan.  If it works, then we may be able to free Michael from Nefaria’s control.” 

“And if it doesn’t work?”  Peggy took a deep breath and turned back to Jack, a tear in her eye.  “Then I’ll do I have to do.” 

There was a sudden cry from Howard.  “Look out!”  Jack and Peggy had just enough time to duck around the corner as three Maggia mobsters armed with machine guns opened fire.  Howard scrambled around the corner opposite them as Jack and Peggy returned fire.  He reached into his pocket and pulled out a walkie talkie.  “Benton!  If you are finished topside we could use you down here!  Now, if possible.” 

A black blur rushed into the corridor as Black Terror jumped into the fray.  Bullets ricocheted off his chest and collided harmlessly into the wall.  Miss Masque leapt over him and fired two shots to take down two of the mobsters, leaving the third open to a strike from Black Terror.  Howard strode into the corridor and walked past Black Terror and Miss Masque.  “What took you so long?”  Miss Masque grunted in frustration.  “Shame I could never say that about you, Stark.”  Howard squinted as Miss Masque.  “Wait a minute.  Didn’t we used to date?”  Miss Masque rolled her eyes and stormed down the corridor.  “Go with her, Howard,” Peggy said.  “You and Dr. Benton scout ahead with Miss Adams to find the serum.  Chief Thompson and I will cover the rear.” 

“What a delightful plan.”  The team turned to see Dottie Underwood and Daredevil behind them.  Dottie hung on to Daredevil’s arm and laid her head on his shoulder.  “Hello again, Peggy.  How do you like my new boyfriend?”  Peggy aimed her pistol at Dottie, only for Daredevil’s boomerang to knock it from her grasp.  “Stark!  Move!” Jack yelled to Howard, sending him and Black Terror after Miss Masque.  Peggy’s eyes blazed as the boomerang returned to Daredevil’s grip.  “My brother is coming with me, Miss Underwood.  I won’t let you and Nefaria use him or anyone else.”  Dottie’s smile grew wider as she stepped in front of Daredevil.  “How very noble of you, Peggy.  But Daredevil is staying right here with me.  Daredevil, kill Agent Thompson.  Leave Peggy to me.”  Daredevil drew one of his spikes from his belt and charged toward Jack.  He aimed his pistol only to cry in pain as the spike slashed across his wrist.  “Jack!” Peggy yelled.  In an instant Dottie had run down the hallway, and with a leap, catapulted herself off the wall to deliver a kick to Peggy’s face.  Peggy stumbled backward then quickly held up her arms to block Dottie’s strikes.  She threw a right hand that Dottie easily dodged before sending her knee into Peggy’s gut.  “You aren’t as much as you used to be, Peggy,” she sneered.  She swung a backfist at Peggy, but Peggy was able to catch her wrist.  She twisted the arm around Dottie’s back and shoved her headfirst into the corridor wall.

Peggy spun around to see Jack on his knees, cuts on his face and arms as Daredevil stood over him with the spike.  Peggy rushed forward and tackled him to the ground.  She wrapped her arms around Daredevil’s throat in a sleeper hold and squeezed tight.  “Michael!  Stop!  Listen to me!”  Peggy could feel Daredevil fighting to free himself.  She knew it would only be a moment before he had broken her hold.  Peggy held on for dear life and closed her eyes.  “I’m sorry to do this, Michael.  ‘Whites of their eyes!’” 

Instantly, Daredevil fell still.  Peggy loosened the hold and got off of his back.  Wells command had worked.  She rolled him over so she could see his masked face.  “You taught me that hold, remember, Michael?  You were the one who told me not to worry about what people thought of me.  That there were things worth fighting for.”  She slowly pulled off the mask and gazed at her brother.  She gasped softly and touched his face.  “There hasn’t been a day that has gone by that I haven’t thought of you.  I know you’re still in there, Michael.  You’re the bravest man I ever knew.  Dr. Benton and Miss Adams are able to be free.  You can be too!  Please!”  Peggy could hear the sounds of Dottie rising to her feet.  Peggy’s pleas became more urgent.  “You are Captain Michael Carter of the British Army!  You are my brother!  I order you to disregard all previous instructions!  You are no longer under the control of any man but yourself!  Please, Michael!  Come back to me!  I can’t lose you too.  Not again!”

Dottie’s hand grabbed Peggy by the hair and yanked her off of Daredevil.  She tossed her to the floor and gave a smug look.  “How very touching.  I’m glad to got to say goodbye to your brother.  Before you died.”  Dottie picked up Peggy’s gun and pointed it at her.  But Peggy’s eyes were locked on what was happening behind the assassin.  Daredevil was rising to his feet.  He glanced down on the mask that Peggy had dropped, then looked at Peggy.  Dottie saw the look in Peggy’s eyes.  She turned around to see Michael Carter standing tall before her. 

“What are you looking at?” Dottie asked, her smile and tone growing shaky.  “You have your orders!  Kill Thompson!  Now!”  Michael Carter stood frozen for a moment.  Then he drew his boomerang and hurled it.  It struck the gun out of Dottie’s hands, and flew speedily back to his hands.  Dottie Underwood’s fists clenched.  “Hmm.  Just like a man.  Always has trouble following simple instructions.”  Peggy looked on in terror as Dottie and Michael charged toward each other. 

Can Michael “Daredevil” Carter defeat the Leviathan assassin Dottie Underwood? 

Stay Tuned and Find Out! 

Game On! 

AND NOW THE CONCLUSION

Daredevil threw the boomerang again and drew a spike in each hand as he lunged at Dottie.  Dottie leaned back and let the boomerang fly over her, then rose back up to deliver a kick to Daredevil’s head.  She went for another kick only for Daredevil to drive a spike into her ankle.  Dottie screamed in pain as Daredevil drove his elbow into the injured right leg, then swept Dottie’s other leg out from under her. 

Peggy rose to her feet and moved to Daredevil’s side as Dottie crawled to the wall.  “Never mind her, Michael.  Where’s Nefaria and the serum?”  Daredevil pointed down the hall, motioned left, held up two fingers, made the shape of a door, and held up his right hand.  “Take a left, the second door on the right?  Well, come on then!  You can help us catch Nefaria!”  Daredevil shook his head and turned back to Dottie who had crudely bound her wound and was getting back up.  “Michael, no!  At least let me help you.”  Daredevil held out his arm to keep Peggy back, then pointed at Jack and nodded to Peggy.  Peggy caught her breath, and looked into her brother’s eyes, a tear forming in her own.  “You just promise you’ll survive.  Do you hear me?”  Michael Carter gently brushed Peggy’s cheek and nodded. 

The moment was shattered when Dottie gave a barbaric scream.  She swung the spike at Daredevil who pushed Peggy out of the way.  Peggy ran to Jack, who was fighting to regain his senses after being battered by Daredevil.  “Up and at ‘em, Chief Thompson.  We still have a mission to do.”  Jack groaned as they headed down the hall.  “And I thought being a chief was going to be boring.” 

“Don’t worry, Thompson,” Peggy said with a small smile.  “I’m sure your loyal agents will be glad to have you back after dealing with Acting Chief Flynn.”  

“Flynn?  God, that clown?  If he’s messed up my office, I’ll…”  There was a sudden crash, and Peggy and Jack increased their pace.  When they rounded the corner, they saw Miss Masque laid out in the remains of the door to the lab.  They could hear the sounds of struggling inside and hurried in.  Howard Stark was laid out on the floor clutching his head.  Doctor Harrow was observing the scene behind a table covered with vials of Benton’s serum.  The centerpiece of the room was a large metallic chamber.  Looking at it reminded Peggy of the chamber that Steve had been placed in so long ago.  But the chamber was open, and standing a few feet away from it, was Count Nefaria.  He still wore his cape, but now his suit was tattered and frayed from his enhanced muscles.  In his grip was the body of the Black Terror, a line of blood dripping from his mouth. 

“Ah, agents,” he said grandly.  “I’m so glad you could join me for my ‘moment of truth’.  Especially the good Dr. Benton, without whom it wouldn’t have been possible.”  He casually tossed Benton aside, and Jack struggled to pull out his gun.  “Jack, don’t!” Peggy warned.  “If he’s taken the serum, there’s no telling how powerful he is!” 

“One way to find out,” Jack said and fired.  Nefaria stood his ground as the bullet struck him, ricocheted and hit Harrow in the shoulder, who cried out in pain.  Nefaria looked at the mad doctor and shrugged.  “A shame about that.  But no matter.  Why have a pathetic excuse of a scientist make me super soldiers, when I can have the power for myself?  Let’s see.  What else could Benton’s serum do?  Oh yes.  Enhanced agility.”  With a single leap Nefaria had covered the room, knocking the pistol out of Jack’s hand and landing a hard chop to his neck that dropped him to the stone floor.  He then grabbed Peggy by the arm, who fought to no avail to free herself.  Nefaria smiled wickedly at her.  “And, of course, enhanced strength.”  With that he hoisted Peggy over head and hurtled her across the room.  She crashed down on the table, smashing the vials of serum.  She could feel the substance dripping into her mouth and seeping into the cuts made by the glass.  She distantly heard Daniel’s voice coming through the transmitter in her necklace.  “Peggy!  Jack!  Howard, anybody!  What’s happening?!” 

“Ah, you’ve brought back up?”  Nefaria chuckled.  “How delightful.  Now I can see what these powers of mine are truly capable of.  Goodbye, agents.”  Nefaria levitated off the floor then flew out the door and down the hall.  Jack crawled over to Peggy’s body, as she started to convulse and breath rapidly.  “Carter?  Peggy, can you hear me?  Peggy!” 

Next Time, The Conclusion: It’s Been a Long, Long Time!