Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:16 - Batroc the Leaper vs. Maxie Zeus

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 16

Batroc the Leaper

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 3
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Batroc the Leaper at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Maxie Zeus

Slot: The Team's Worst Villain
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Maxie Zeus at Wikipedia
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Legion of Doom Invitation

Maxie Zues is a crime boss and so stands to reason that his resources would more appealing than a lone mercenary.

I think what works against Maxie Zeus in this scenario is that most of the Legion of Doom are aware of him and his history of blunders and incompetent moments. Like that time he tried to escape Arkham after Bane brought down the walls only to run into a tree and knock himself out. Or the time a regular, no name cop managed to physically intimidate him into surrendering without a fight. He’s also ruined several of Joker’s schemes both by accident and by outright betrayal so you know the Clown Prince will be pushing heavily against Maxie joining the Legion.

Batroc meanwhile has the advantage of entering this challenge without the league knowing of his less then stellar moments of the past. They’ll just see him as strong, loyal henchmen type villain who’ll do most of the grunt work for the more intellectual and scheming villains. And I think big names like Luther, Joker, Bane, and Two-Face will like the idea of adding a member who will follow their orders without question and who they won’t have to worry about betraying them and taking their spots as leaders.

Batroc is not a loyal minion though. He has a rouge-ish sense of honor that has had him, re-arm Captain America with his shield, let Captain America take a free shot on him (which let Cap one shot Batroc), and rearmed Hawkeye even when he had them dead to rights.

As for ruining Joker's schemes. Sure, the Joker may be upset about that, but that is a huge mark for him. Plus, knowing our dear Clown Prince of Crime, he may vote yes just so that he can make Maxie suffer all the more by being on hand.

But Batroc giving his enemies a fair chance isn’t an example of disloyalty. That’s just him having a code of honor. Doesn’t Bane also have a similar mindset?

Batroc the Leaper is nothing if not loyal to whomever he’s given his word to serve. Like the time Ulysses Claw hired him to be apart of his assault on Wakanda, even when the tide turned against Klaw’s forces Batroc still fought along side Klaw and didn’t flee even when it was clear they were about to lose. Again that loyalty plus his lack of ambition or tendency to backstab his allies I think will make him most attractive to the Legion.

I would think Joker would prefer to straight up kill a flake like Maxie. He only goes the extra mile in making someone suffer if they’re actually worthy of it. Also again the rest of the Legion also know of Maxie’s numerous screw ups so why would they be eager to let a screw up like him into such an illustrious club of villainy? 

57 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

But Batroc giving his enemies a fair chance isn’t an example of disloyalty. That’s just him having a code of honor. Doesn’t Bane also have a similar mindset?

Batroc the Leaper is nothing if not loyal to whomever he’s given his word to serve. Like the time Ulysses Claw hired him to be apart of his assault on Wakanda, even when the tide turned against Klaw’s forces Batroc still fought along side Klaw and didn’t flee even when it was clear they were about to lose. Again that loyalty plus his lack of ambition or tendency to backstab his allies I think will make him most attractive to the Legion.

I would think Joker would prefer to straight up kill a flake like Maxie. He only goes the extra mile in making someone suffer if they’re actually worthy of it. Also again the rest of the Legion also know of Maxie’s numerous screw ups so why would they be eager to let a screw up like him into such an illustrious club of villainy? 

Joker has gone out of his way to make Maxie suffer. Joker delights in making people suffer, but Maxie in particular he delighted in inflicting agony.

Like that time he blew up a school Maxie's nephew attended because Maxie had outfoxxed him.

Batroc has turned on Zemo, Mr. Hyde, and AIM all because he thought a fight wasn't fair. He was working for all three of them.

And forgive me if I am wrong, but Bane was created decades after the Legion of Doom and was not a member of it.

The only Legions of Doom Bane has been a member of are Harley Quinn TV show (where he is even more of a joke than Kiteman), Robot Chicken (not canon in anyway), and Justice League: Doom (the movie) which is a one time alliance that is quickly defeated by the JLA.

2 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Joker has gone out of his way to make Maxie suffer. Joker delights in making people suffer, but Maxie in particular he delighted in inflicting agony.

Like that time he blew up a school Maxie's nephew attended because Maxie had outfoxxed him.

Yeah but after blowing up the school didn’t Joker try to kill him at a nightclub and Batman had to step in to save Maxie? So I’m pretty sure Joker’s had his fill of tormenting Maxie and now just wants to kill him.

2 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Batroc has turned on Zemo, Mr. Hyde, and AIM all because he thought a fight wasn't fair. He was working for all three of them.

And forgive me if I am wrong, but Bane was created decades after the Legion of Doom and was not a member of it.

The only Legions of Doom Bane has been a member of are Harley Quinn TV show (where he is even more of a joke than Kiteman), Robot Chicken (not canon in anyway), and Justice League: Doom (the movie) which is a one time alliance that is quickly defeated by the JLA.

Well in the case of Zemo his Hydra troops tried to kill Batroc first for failing to defeat Captain America. And with AIM they had kidnapped him and were forcing him to work for them against his will. So again as long as the Legion doesn’t betray him first or hold him against his will he’ll serve them faithfully.

And look even if we must discount Bane as part of the Legion what about Captain Cold? He’s also a villain with a pretty solid honors system and he made the Legion. Heck Cold will likely see Batroc as a kindred spirit and likely help Batroc in joining the Legion.