Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 17163 Inigo Montoya vs. Oberyn Martell

JohnnyChany

tywin2.jpg.2135f0d9ce546980a603bbff2e5bb0d6.jpg

The Hand of the King, Tywin Lannister, waited impatiently at his desk in the Tower of the Hand, for the Master of whispers, Varys, to arrive. He tapped his fingers on the desk as the bald member of the small council finally arrived in his presence.

“Apologies for the delay my lord,” stated Varys. “I had to verify some information.”

“The usefulness of your information will decide how I will view your lack of punctuality,” responded Tywin.

“Of course.”

“So what are your little birds telling you?” asked Tywin.

“Oberyn Martell appears to be enjoying his new life as a member of the small council, but his anti-Lannister rhetoric has not subsided,” Varys informed.

“Is he still yammering on about his sister?” Tywin inquired.

Varys nodded. “Indeed my lord. He holds the Lannisters responsible for what Sir Gregor did to his sister. No political appointment from the crown will dissuade him. Fortunately, at the moment the only ears hearing his vitriol are the workers of the brothels. It remains to be seen how he will act in the presence of the council.”

Tywin rolled his eyes and started to calculate in his mind how he may better manipulate the hot headed Dornish prince. He stopped his train of thought when he noticed Varys had an expectant look upon his face.

“Was there something else?” Tywin wondered.

“Ah yes. That roguish swordsman is still causing raucous throughout King’s’ Landing,” Varys announced.

“Did we not arrest him last week?”

“No one has been able to successfully subdue him,” Varys explained. “The amount of men that have fallen to his blade has risen to the double digits as of yesterday. Perhaps if we send in the entirety of the King’s Guard…”

Tywin dismissed this suggestion. “If we send in the whole King’s Guard to apprehend one man it makes the crown look weak.  There must be a better way to be rid of him. Why is it that he has come to King’s Landing?”

“According to my little birds he is looking for the man who killed his father. A man with six fingers. Apparently he is under the impression that House Lannister may be involved.”

“I am not aware of any officer or knight in Casterly Rock or the King’s Guard that has six fingers,” said Tywin.

Varys shrugged. “It is very likely that he is mistaken, but it does not appear to be possible to talk him out of this blood thirsty hunt.” Varys paused for a moment. “Maybe we could bring in a sellsword to challenge him. It would remove this menace and distance your house from being involved with him thus not lending any credence to his theory.”

Tywin considered this option. “Have any of the whispers you hear been able to deduce his home of origin?”

Varys again shook his head. “I’m afraid not, my lord. He has features and a name, Inigo Montoya, that would suggest a Dornish heritage, but there is nothing concrete as of now and he has never spoken of Dorne.”

Tywin latched onto one of the words that Varys uttered and a smile began to form on his face as a plan formulated in his mind. “I want you to have your little birds spread a couple of rumours throughout King’s Landing. First, that Prince Doran doesn’t just suffer from gout, but a number of other physical deformations including having six fingers. Second, that the idea for the murder of Elia Martell was put forth by a man named Inigo Montoya, who was then banned from King’s Landing to the Wall where he has recently escaped from.”

Varys bowed respectfully. “Right away my lord.”

Tywin was unsure what the result of spreading this information would bring, but he was optimistic that it could remove one if not two of the malcontents plaguing his city. It only took a few days for both rumours to spread throughout the kingdom, and they both had the expected effect on their intended audiences.

Oberyn Martell jumped out of a bed inside a brothel when he heard some shouting in the room next door.

“What is going on?” his consort, Ellaria Sand, asked.

“I will find out, stay here and stay quiet,” Oberyn instructed.

The Red Viper then grabbed his spear and entered the next room. Inside the room he found a man he had never seen before with long curly black hair and a mustache. The stranger pulled his sword from the dead body of a guard before turning his attention to the barely dressed prince.

“Where is Prince Oberyn?” the stranger demanded.

“You are looking at him,” answered Oberyn.

Inigo’s eyes widened. “Good. You will tell me how to get your brother so that I may kill him.”

Oberyn was caught off guard. “You want to kill Doran?

“Not only do I want to kill him, I want to look into his eyes and say ‘Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!”

The sound of Inigo’s name sent Oberyn into a rage. “So it is you. The rumours are true, and you have found your way to King’s Landing.”

“Yes, I have,” Inigo confirmed.

It now clicked in Oberyn’s head, Inigo was going after the entire Martell family. “You are the one responsible for all of my pain! You and that large, dumb oaf of an evil man!”

Inigo mistook Oberyn’s description of Gregor Clegane as a slight against his gigantic friend, Fezzik. “I don't know why you would bring him into this, but whatever he did, he did at the behest of someone else, and even then it wasn’t that bad. Now again I ask you, how do I get to your brother? He must pay for what he has done.”

“Not that bad?!? Those are the most offensive words I have ever heard and they will be the last ones you ever speak!”

Oberyn clenched his spear and Inigo gripped his sword then the two revenge driven fighters lunged toward one another.

I like this set up a lot and always enjoy seeing Inigo Montoyo being used. I don't know much about Game of Thrones so I would definitely have to read up on Oberyn before I could make am accurate decision. Right now I'm leaning toward Inigo