Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 16891 Tifa Lockhart vs. Zell Dincht

JohnnyChany

THE FINAL FINAL FANTASY PART 4

World extermination is imminent. Commencing hunt for the ultimate adventuring party to save us. Only the best of the best. Our world’s only hope. Starting extraction of potential candidates 

"Moogle Representative" Team Member: Lulu

Team Gunblade: Lightning

Team Dragoon: Aranea Highwind

E41npVfXIAA6dBq.png.1c4592851f955627b756135942e774d3.png

Seventh Target: Tifa Lockhart

Bar Owner and member of the Avalanche eco-terrorist group

Martial Artist trained under the mighty Zangan

Demure and cautious

Took over temporary leadership of her group when Cloud Strife disappeared

Most powerful attack is a super powered punch called Final Heaven

Tifa traveled to Aerith’s old church in the Sector 5 slums of Midgard to pay her respects to her fallen friend. She brought flowers once a week and it was that time again. As she neared the bed of flowers in the center of the church, Tifa noticed something blue underneath them. Tifa couldn’t immediately make out what it was, but it was clearly not water. Once she got close enough, the blue portal sucked her up and teleported to a dusty dirty location outside a tavern. The bar had some similar features to Seventh Heaven, but it was clearly not the former Avalanche headquarters. Tifa knew there was magic around Aerith’s church and wondered if she had tapped into it. Another thought came into her head and Tifa looked around for waves of green so that she could determine if she had somehow slipped into the lifestream and was seeing visions from within it. But there was no evidence that she had returned to the lifestream.’

A golden chocobo walked out of the bar and toward Tifa much to her confusion.

CHARLIE: You are safe here Tifa Lockhart.

Tifa was immediately distrustful of the chocobo and pulled up her fists in a defensive manner.

CHARLIE: I apologize for ripping you from your world in such an abrupt fashion. I just don’t know of any other way. My name is Charlie and I am requesting your help.

TIFA: Are you some sort of Shinra experiment?

CHARLIE: Most certainly not. I have no direct connection to anything in your world and am only using this vessel because it is familiar.

TIFA: Why have I been brought here, Charlie?

CHARLIE: As previously stated, I am requesting your help.

TIFA: There are better ways of going about that.

CHARLIE: Granted, but here we are. I am putting together a team of heroes to save my world. I already have fighters with polearms, gun blades, and black magic. But sometimes weapons are restricted and magic inhibited. I need someone who can rely on their own two hands. Someone like you.

TIFA: I’m not a mercenary for hire.

CHARLIE: No, but you are someone who fights hard to protect those whom you love and those whom you feel are in need. My world is in need.

TIFA: You presume a lot about me.

CHARLIE: I know a lot about you. Your nurturing nature. Your anxiety over making the wrong decision worrying it could lead to even more tragedy like the death of your mother, the killing of your father by Sephiroth, the collapse of the Sector 7 plate, Sephiroth impaling…

TIFA: Enough! How do you know so much about me?

CHARLIE: Because I do thorough research when I am looking for the saviors of my world. Which is why I also know that despite any words to the contrary, you are a very confident fighter. How else would you explain taking on kaiju size monsters with punches, kicks, and grapples.

Tifa blushed slightly.

CHARLIE: And you have every right to be confident, you have proven yourself time and again in battle. You may be the best of the best, which is what we are here to find out. I can only take one and  there is another who is also ridiculously strong and heroic. Show that you are the top martial artist brawler and then help save my world.

Tifa was unsure if that last bit was meant to help inspire her to do ths, but it didn’t work. However, Tifa made the decision to go along with Charlie’s wishes anyway because she wanted to discover what exactly he knew and what he was going to do with that information. Not unlike her decision to go undercover as a potential bride for Don Corneo, Tifa was unafraid to put herself in a dangerous situation if it meant that she would then obtain the information she was after. She needed to defeat this mystery opponent because she wanted to discover Charlie's secrets.  Also, she knew if this mysterious Charlie character could get to her so easily then he also could get to her friends just as easy and Tifa didn’t want that. 

TIFA: Where is the fight?

CHARLIE: In the establishment behind me. I figured it would be fitting terrain given your history and the aesthetic of the bar room brawl.

zelld.jpg.1dabda4d1c73f4b3c15ff0bbe420bee2.jpg

Eighth Target: Zell Dincht

Balamb Garden SeeD

Top Martial Artist attending any of the three Garden training schools

Energetic and excitable

Wants to be everyone’s friend

Most powerful attack is a super powered punch called Final Heaven

Zell Dincht scoured the halls of Balamb Garden in search of his favorite thing in the world that had been finally restocked.

ZELL: Where are the hot dogs? Where are the hot dogs?

Zell was told the hot dogs were being sold in a discrete location due to popular demand. It honestly sounded a little suspect, but Zell’s excitement was too high for him to care. He came upon a door with a sign on the front that designated it as the area he was looking for.

ZELL: Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

As soon as stepped through the door, Zell immediately fell through a blue portal. He landed in dirt and looked up to see a bar he had never seen before.

ZELL: Where am I? Oh no, have I time traveled again? I hate time travel.

A golden chocobo descended from the front steps of the bar.

CHARLIE: No you haven’t time traveled again, I promise you. I brought you here.

ZELL: So you’re telling me I was transported to this place by a talking chocobo? That is…..  so awesome!

CHARLIE: I am glad you think so. Most individuals aren’t as enthusiastic about being taken from their home.

ZELL: I will get to go back at some point, right?

CHARLIE: Of course.

ZELL: And there are hot dogs involved?

CHARLIE: Um… there can be.

ZELL: Then I’m good to go. What do you need from me, Mr. Chocobo?

CHARLIE: The name is Charlie. I’m not actually a chocobo, this is just the form I have settled on to make contact. I need your help.

Zell shadowboxed in the air enthusiastically. 

ZELL: You must have heard what an amazing fighter I am.

CHARLIE: Not just heard, I have seen it.

Zell was caught off guard by the genuine compliment.

ZELL: Wait, really?

CHARLIE: You are clearly the top martial artist in Balamb Garden and any of the gardens for that matter, if not your entire world. You  have proven your strength and skill ten times over by taking down all manner of monsters with just your bare hands in your adventures with Squall and the others. If anyone is still trying to look down on you after that, it can only be from jealousy I assume.

ZELL: Wow…..thanks.

CHARLIE: It’s that kind of power that may be the difference in the survival of my world. That is if you would be willing to help me.

ZELL: Definitely. I am always willing to lend a hand to those in need. What do you need me to do?

CHARLIE: Well first I need to be sure you are the best fighter around.

ZELL: Huh? Didn’t you just say I was.

CHARLIE: In your world, sure. But there are more worlds out there than just yours, Mr. Dincht. I have found another brawler which might be the hero I am searching for but I don’t know. She is extremely strong like you, a well trained martial artist, and also utilizes the Dolphin Blow technique. You two may be the only heroes I have ever come across that use dolphins in their attacks.

ZELL: They are surprisingly effective.

CHARLIE: So it would appear. Are you ready to prove your mettle, Zell?

Zell grinned from ear to ear.

ZELL: I get the chance to square off against a top fighter from another world and then possibly play the hero again. I am so ready for this. Lead the way, Charlie the not chocobo.

23 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Well looks like another lady is gonna win in a fight

You picked up on that as well. If Tifa wins this round I am going to include Charlie commenting on the poor showing so far of the Final Fantasy men during a match that pits together two males.

For the uninitiated and curious:

Zell Intro showing off some moves and Limit Breaks. I tried to find more videos of Zell in action but everything else is just in game play and all the other cutscenes in FF8 mainly consist of some combination of Squall, Seifer, and Rinoa. I did find an interesting Character Analysis.

On the other hand there are plenty of videos of Tifa in action. So here are a few. Tifa kicking away large steel pipes, sending an evil ghost chariot into oblivion, insane combos from the remake, and OG Limit Breaks