MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 16707 Battle Droids vs. Putty Patrol

The Trade Federation Landing Ship exited hyperspace around Mars.  The ship vented plasma as it’s inertia carried it past the red planet closer to Earth.  B103, the command droid, sat in his chair on the bridge.  Panels were exploding, wreckage cluttered the floor, and pit droids scurried around with extinguishers to put out the fires that had sprung up.  “Report!” he called out in it’s shrill voice.  “Where are we?” 

The droid at the navigation controls called out from his stations.  “We are in a nine planet system, commander.  It is not on any of the charts.”  B103 slammed his metal fist on the arm of his chair.  “Terrific!  Just who’s idea was it for us to do a blind jump into hyperspace anyway?” 

“Umm, you, sir?”  B103 ignored the reply from the navigation droid.  The battle with the Republic had gone completely against the Separatists.  If it hadn’t ordered the jump to hyperspace, the ship would have been destroyed.  They didn’t have time to worry about minor details like where they were going, just so long as it was far away from danger.  B103 turned to the operations droid.  “What’s the status of the cargo?” 

“We lost most of our tanks and fighters when the hanger blew up, commander.  We had to dump the rest into space in order for us seal the hull breaches.  We do still have a complement of 300 B1 battle droids.” 

“Uh, sir?”  the navigation droid called.  “Not now!” snapped B103.  “Can’t you see I’m busy?  Now, we need to get in contact with the fleet to let them know where we are.” 

“But our communications are down, commander.  We have no way to call for assistance.”  The navigation droid turned in his chair.  “Uh, sir?”  B103 stood up and glared at the navigation droid.  “What is it now?”  The navigation droid pointed at it’s console.  “I’m trying to tell you that my controls are not responding.  We are being pulled into the gravity of that moon!”  The droids all stared at the screen as the moon that orbited the blue and green planet seemed to grow bigger as they drew closer and closer.  Then all the droids on the bridge screamed in alarm.  B103 pushed buttons on a panel by his chair.  “This is the commander!  Brace for impact!  We’re gonna crash!!!” 

In the palace of Rita Repulsa, Baboo looked through his mistress’ telescope toward Earth.  Squatt jumped up and down impatiently.  “Come on, Baboo!  It’s my turn!  You said I could look through that thing next!”  Baboo shushed Squatt as he continued his exploring.  “Don’t be so loud, you pile of blueberries!  If you wake up Rita from her nap we’ll both get in trouble!” 

“You’ve been looking at the Earth forever!” Squatt whined, grabbing the telescope and trying to pull it from Baboo’s reach.  “I want to try it now!”  The two monsters struggled with each other over the telescope until Finster walked in from his laboratory.  “What are you two doing?” he demanded.  “What would our queen say if she saw you fighting like a couple of humans? Over her telescope, no less!”  With Baboo distracted by Finster, Squatt finally managed to pull the telescope from his grip.  Baboo glared as Squatt snickered and looked out into space. 

He turned his attention back to the monster maker.  “Her highness won’t know abut it if you don’t tattle on us, Finster.”  Squatt looked up from the telescope, then gave another look through it.  His face was suddenly very concerned.  “Well?” asked Baboo.  “What did you see?” 

“A ship!” Squatt said, scarcely believing it himself.  “A ship is heading this way!  Right for us!”  Finster pushed Baboo aside and shoved Squatt away from the telescope.  “Oh don’t be ridiculous!”  Finster looked through the telescope, then immediately jumped back in alarm.  “Oh my!  There IS a ship!  It’s going to crash into us!”  The three monsters screamed and ran around the throne room in a panic, finally huddling together with their arms wrapped around each other in the middle of the room.  The palace shook violently and the air was filled with the rumble of engines as the ship just barely missed the structure.  There was the sound of a mighty explosion then silence.  Baboo shoved Squatt off him as Finster rushed to the balcony on the other side of the palace.  “Get off me, Squatt!” 

“Don’t be so mad at me!  If you had let me use the telescope sooner, I would have been able to see that ship faster!” 

“No you wouldn’t!” 

“Yes I would!” 

“Wouldn’t!” 

“Would!” 

“Enough!” snapped Finster.  “Get over here and look at this!”  Squatt and Baboo hurried to join Finster on the balcony.  The ship was an utter wreck, just a pile of twisted metal.  But from it there emerged row after row of strange looking metal men.  And they all were carrying weapons.  “Who…who.. are they?” Baboo stammered.  Squatt looked nervously over at Finster.  “You don’t think it’s that Machine Empire that Rita told us about?” 

“Whoever they are,” said Finster.  “The queen must be told about this at once!”  Finster started to run to the stairs that led to Rita’s chamber but was stopped by Squatt and Baboo jumping in his way.  “No, Finster!  Wait!” begged Squatt.  “Don’t wake up Rita!  You can’t tell her about us using telescope without asking!”  Finster tried to step passed the pair but they blocked him every time.  “But I must warn the queen!  Goldar is on Earth fighting the Rangers!  We need Rita’s magic to deal with these intruders!” 

“Not necessarily,” said Baboo, taking Finster by the shoulders and moving him away from the stairs.  “We don’t need to bother Rita.  We have you!’  Finster looked in shock at the two pleading monsters.  “Me?  What can I possibly do?  I’m not a warrior, and I don’t have any of Rita’s magic!”  Squatt took Finster’s hand as Baboo continued leading them to the laboratory.  “But you have your Monster-Matic!  We can use it to make an army of Putties and they can fight those metal heads for us!” 

“Yeah, Finster!” chimed in Squatt.  “We can help you make all the Putties we’ll need!”  Finster didn’t look convinced.  “I suppose we could.  Maybe I could make a monster or too.”  Squatt and Baboo shook their heads furiously.  “Oh no, Finster!” urged Baboo. “We don’t time to waste for you to cook up a fully powered monster!” 

“That’s right!” said Squatt.  “This is an emergency!  We need Putties, and we need them now!”  Finster thought for a second then nodded.  “Yes.  I’ll do it.  And once my Putties defeat those robots, Rita will be so proud of me for saving her palace!”  Squatt nudged Baboo.  “Who does this dogfaced geek think he is?  This was our idea!”  Baboo slapped Squatt on the back of the head and joined Finster at the Monster-Matic.  “Who cares?  Those robots will be here any minute!  Let’s make some Putties!”  The trio of monsters quickly started feeding clay molds into the Monster-Matic, as the droids outside drew closer to Rita’s palace.  B103 pointed at the strange structure.  “We’ll make that our base of operations.  We can use their communications to contact the fleet.  Be alert!” 

“Roger roger,” the droids answered in chorus.  Suddenly the droids heard a strange murmuring sound.  A platoon of Putties leapt and tumbled from behind the rocks and landed in front of them, burbling in their sinister voices.  Some of them were outfitted with clubs and swords in place of their arms.  B103 pointed his rifle at them.  “Halt!  You are now prisoners of the Separatist Alliance!  Identify yourselves!”  The Putties answer was to charge into the front line of droids, murmuring excitedly as they bashed and sliced.  B103 opened fire and called to his troops.  “Don’t just stand there!  Blast ‘em!” 

OK:
There are 300 B1 Battle Droids, fully armed.  They don’t have any of tanks or fighters and the carrier is now completely  wrecked. 

Finster, Squatt, and Baboo have the entire supply of monster making clay to make more Putties, with a few of them being outfitted with clubs and blades. 

Whoever is able to defeat the opposing army and capture/hold on to Rita’s palace, wins. 

Game On! 

I like the match! I give the set-up a 5.0.

• Like 1

Awesome work Broadway! I’ll score the set-up 5.0.

I’m rooting for the Putties, they’re already on top of the droids, so they won’t be able to rely on the long rang of their blasters, and it appears their already taking loses. As long as Finster, Squatt, and Baboo can keep replenishing the Putties numbers then I think they’ll eventually overwhelm and scatter the tactically inept droids.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - Venom 2009

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
15.00 Total Combined Score
15.00 / 3 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Battle Droids: 2
Putty Patrol: 3

• Like 1

THE BOTTOM LINE

B103 stood alone surround be the Putties.  His forces were completely wiped out, metallic arms and legs scattered all over the Moon’s surface.  He heard their electronic screams as they were bashed and cut down by the seeming unending stream of Putties.  B103 fired his rifle and reduced two Putties to rubble, but there was always more to take their place.  Where did these creatures come from? 

A Putty flipped through the air and landed a kick that knocked the droid commander’s rifle form his grip.  Two more Putties grabbed B103 and pulled his arms taut.  “Hey! This was all a misunderstanding!” B103 whined.  “Could you just give me a ship back to Geonosi….”  A single thrust of a Putty armblade severed B103 from his head, putting an end to his disastrous command.   

Squatt and Baboo jumped for joy in the throne room as Finster looked over the balcony in satisfaction.  “We did it!  We did it!  We saved the palace!” Squatt cheered.  Finster turned to glare at the two minions.  “Just what do you mean ‘we’?  Those were MY Putty Patrollers, created by MY machine!”  

“Don’t you start that again, Finster!” said Baboo as he ran toward him wagging his finger.  “You wouldn’t have been able to make all those Putties without Squatt and me!  It’s going to take weeks to wipe the clay out of my…” 

“FINSTER!  SQUATT!  BABOO!   WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS YELLING ABOUT?!”  The three stopped their arguing as Rita Repulsa made her way down the stairs.  They exchanged a look at each other, then slowly all moved in front of Rita to block her view of the balcony.  “Oh, nothing, my queen,” said Finster.  “Everything is under control.  Right?”  Squatt and Baboo nodded earnestly.  “Oh yes!  Completely under control!”  Rita gave a suspicious look.  “JUST WHAT ARE YOU DOLTS HIDING BACK THERE?” 

The three monsters laughed nervously.  “Hiding?  Us?  Oh weren’t hiding nothing,” stammered Squatt.  Rita Repulsa roared at the hapless trio, who fell to their knees in fear.  “DO YOU FOOLS THINK I’M STUPID?!  I KNOW WHEN YOU’RE LYING TO ME!  NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!!”  Squatt, Baboo, and Finster scurried out of Rita’s path.  As she strode onto the balcony, they hurriedly crept down to Finster’s lab and locked the door.  Rita’s eyes nearly popped out of her head when she saw the sight.  Hundreds of fallen battle droids, Putty Patroller rubble, and a demolished landing ship lay scattered all over the terrain.  She whirled around to see her minions had fled.  Steam began to come out of her ears as she howled.  “I TAKE ONE NAP FOR A HEADACHE AND YOU IDIOTS MAKE A MESS OF MY MOON!  COME BACK HERE, YOU PATHETIC EXCUSES OF EVIL!!  SHOW YOUR MISERABLE FACES!!  ARRRRRRRRRGHH!!!” 

Never thought I would read a story where the Putties win. 😋 Anyway, I like the ending, and happy that Putties got their first official win. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...