Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 16632 John Wick vs. Luke Hobbs

Pizzaguy2995

John Wick vs Luke Hobbs

Previously on One Night in Sin City:

*POW!*

*BAM!*

*SLAM!*

Goddamn bastard! It’s been a long while since I meet someone who matches me blow for blow. But damn if this isn’t the first time I meet someone who could match me for sheer blind stubbornness. 

With one last battle roar we charged each other, I was putting all my strength into this one final punch and somehow I could tell he was doing the same thing.

*BOOM!*

*THUD!*

*THUD!*

I try to slow my heart down and breath the fire out of my lungs. As I slowly start to catch my breath and come back from the brink of unconsciousness, I become aware that ole baldy appears to be in about the same condition as me. Hehe, the asshole fought a good fight, guess we’ll call it a draw.

“Who… did you say.. you were looking for again?” I managed to ask between pants.

“My son… Brian… he was kidnapped a few days ago… you have his cross.”

“I don’t abduct kids padre, it’s one of two things I never do. I found this cross around Goldie’s neck when I woke up to find her murdered and I’ve been tearing this city apart trying to find out who killed her. I’m guessing whoever kidnapped your boy planted it on me in hopes we kill each other off.”

“Then I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, but I still gotta find my son before it’s too late.”

The tough old fucker somehow managed to push himself to his feet despite the hurt I put on him. But as he tried to walk away it became plenty obvious he wasn’t tracking anyone down in the shape he was in. Neither of us were in fact.

“Got a friend who can get us some medicine who lives nearby. Come on tough guy, you need to be at your best if we’re gonna find your son.”

We?”

“Yeah, we! I swore to Goldie that I’d be the one to send whoever killed her straight to hell, and no way am I letting you steal that from me. So either we work together to find him, or we go back to beating each black and blue until only one of us is standing. Which do you prefer?”

That got definitely got his attention and he stumbled his way back to me with that ugly scowl on his face again. I managed to get my wobbly legs under me again so that I could match him with my own scowl.

“This how you usually go about making friends?” 

“Actually yeah. Probably why I don’t have that many.”

“Then I guess I’m gonna have to be the face of this partnership. Name’s Dominic Toretto, what’s yours?”

“Dammit Marv, this is my house not a freaking pharmacy. Be thankful for what I can spare, I’m already risking my badge for not turning you in.”

Dom watched silently as his new ‘partner’ had a minor spat with this Lucille lady. The woman was apparently his parole officer who fortunately seemed to care enough for Marv to let them rest at her place until they could patch themselves up.

Now as a career criminal Dom wasn’t one to judge a man by his checkered history, but on their way to Lucille’s Marv had him about the various ways he had been getting information about whoever had killed his lover Goldie and even a guy like Dom had to admit to being a little unnerved by how gleefully he had described the torture he had inflicted on them. The fact that Marv was almost out of the medicine that kept him ‘sane’ also gave him some concern, but he said he had a credible lead on where they could be keeping Brian, so for now Dominic would team up with this rather intimidating man.

*RING! RING!*

“It’s probably my wife. I gotta take this.”

Dominic excused himself to the other room to take this call.

*BEEP!*

“Dom! Hey brother it’s Hobbs, Tej told me what happened. Did you find your son?”

“No, Zero must have found out about the tracker I put in Brian’s cross. He planted it on someone else to throw me off, have you made it to Basin City yet?”

“I’m just outside the city now, had to stop to fill up my truck. Listen Tej sent Shaw to some farmhouse outside the city (deckard shaw vs kevin sin city), he says that might be where their keeping your son or at least where we’ll find someone who knows where he is.”

Having finished filling up his vehicle, Hobbs put the pump away and got back in his vehicle.

“Yes. Yes. Okay brother just make sure you heal yourself up and meet us at the farm as soon as you can. Don’t worry Toretto, we’ll get your son back and we’re gonna get that son of a bitch Zero too. Hobbs out.”

“To all available units in the area, we got a 10-57 at the Docks! An armed shootout has broken out between rival gangs and civilians are being hit in the cross fire!”

Hobbs sighed as he listed to his police radio go off. As a government agent and man of law he always felt compelled to throw himself into dangerous situations to protect civilians, his fellow law enforcement officers, and to uphold the law. On the other hand this wasn’t exactly his jurisdiction and the word through the grapevine was that Basin City cops were a notoriously secretive bunch who were highly resistant to feds getting involved in their business. Besides he was supposed to go help Shaw at the farm house.

“This is Corporal Rivera! We need reinforcements now! My squad is being completely decimated by this fucking wack job! He’s wiped out the rival gang and is now tearing through my men! We can’t hold out much longer! Nothing we do is- holy shit! Take cover he’s-”

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

As the radio suddenly went silent, Hobbs gripped his steering wheel hard as he mentally debated what to do. Those cops really needed his help, that was clear as day, but what about Toretto’s son and Shaw? He took a few seconds to calmly breath and really consider which group needed his help more.

“…I’m sorry Toretto, I’ll try to be fast.”

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

“You-you stupid bastard! Do you even know what you fucking done?!?!”

Corporal Rivera dark glare was somewhat hard to take seriously, considering he had a foot on top of his chest, pinning him down, while a fully loaded pistol was being pointed at his head. Even worse for him, the man holding the pistol was a man even the hardest of criminals feared, a man of focus, commitment, and sheer will. The man you sent when you wanna kill the fucking boogeyman himself! Boba Yaga incarnate: John Wick!

“Killed a bunch lazy, cowardly, bought and paid for thugs, who think having a shiny shield on their chest make them immune to bullets?”

“Your a fucking dead man! You hear me! When the Chief hears about this he’s gonna go straight to Senator Roark and-”

*BLAM!*

With poor Corporal Rivera’s brain juice now splattered across the floor, John Wick turned to the final survivor of the massacre; a crooked and sleazy looking man whose shaky hands could only barely keep his gun from slipping through his hands. One sideways look from John however robbed him of his remaining courage; he quickly tossed his gun away and fell to his knees to beg.

“I-I-I DON’T KNOW WHERE ZERO IS I SWEAR! B-B-BUT I CAN STILL BE A VALUABLE ASSET FOR YOU! ME AND ZERO WE GO WAY BACK! YEAH-YEAH WAY BACK! WE-WE’RE LIKE PRACTICALLY FAMILY! AND-AND IF YOU LET ME LIVE I KNOW ZERO GIVE YOU WHATEVER YOU WANT IN EXCHANGE! REALLY MAN YOU-YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!!!”

“Do you even know his last name?”

“I-I don’t- I think I… I-I can get you money! Cars, drugs, women! Yeah that’s it, women! Like literally sex workers from like Thailand or some shit! I can hook you up-”

*BLAM!*

With yet another lead turning out to be nothing, the Baba Yaga made to leave the area.

*SLAM!*

What felt like a freight train smashed into John Wick from the side, knocking the wind clear out of his lungs, not to mention his gun from his hands! Reacting almost entirely on instinct, pulled his knife out and slashed at the massive arms that had tried to lock him up. Freeing himself, John rolled and came up with his knife in hand, crouching defensively as he regarded his adversary.

“Been a long time hasn’t it John?”

“Agent Hobbs. For your sake I hoped we never meet again.”

The two men slowly circled each other, eyes studying each other’s movements intensely. Each man also took note of their immediate surroundings: John’s gun was not the only weapon scattered around the dock.

“Not being able to catch you back in New York five years ago was my single greatest regret John. All those years of thinking you’d never get to answer for all the people you murdered.”

“I’m not that person anymore Hobbs. I’m trying to be a better man.”

“Is that right? Your standing in the middle of twenty dead cops John. So I’d say your still the same psychopath you were all those years ago.”

“Hobbs if you knew half the things these men have gotten away with you wouldn’t lose any sleep over their deaths.” 

“Is that what you tell yourself every night to make yourself feel better? That everyone you killed was a bad guy who deserved it and that your some kind of superhero? I don’t give a shit what sort of world you think you live in John, I’m taking you in. But not before I beat the white off your ass boy.”

“Your a naive child Hobbs. That’s why you never caught me. That’s why your gonna die tonight.”

Luke Hobbs vs John Wick

Fight takes place at the docks at night. Hobbs starts with just his fists while John starts with a knife. Their are dozens of guns scattered through out the docks though that either man can grab if they get to it. Who takes this?

Great match. Nice to see John Wick get his first official match.

As awesome as a fight between the Rock and Keanu would be, it only ends in one way. And that's with John Wick winning.

It's funny, cause I read somewhere that Luke Hobbs has some "no bleed" clause for his character of Luke Hobbs, but even though John Wick gets hurt in various ways that make him bleed out of every part of his body he still has a cooler presence that Dwayne has as Hobbs. Furthermore, his feats are a lot more impressive (from a gun perspective), but that's all he really needs to win. Hobbs is unimaginably stronger, but I don't see him closing in on John.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.00 - SSJRuss
4.00 - Macklemore

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
13.00 Total Combined Score
13.00 / 3 = 4.33 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
John Wick: 2
Luke Hobbs: 0

Didn't get to this in time but a well put together fight. The right man probably won but I wanted to remind everyone Hobbs flexed out of his cast, redirected a torpedo with his bare hands, and probably has some latent technomancy lol. There is no way Hobbs should have been able to us that gun from the helicopter wreckage.