Stripe: 0
Brigade: 1

Match 16548 Kilik vs. Ash Crimson

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXXII

1613027978_Zafinaattack.jpg.a6f899cce7f6ff6770f17cdcdaa47fd6.jpg

“Soul Spark!”

Rose shot her green soul energy at Zafira outside of the G Corporation headquarters.  (REF: ROSE VS. ZAFINA) Zafina utilized her exceptional agility to avoid the repeated attack.

“You will have to do better,” Zafina boasted.

Rose turned up the intensity on her soul energy attacks, but left herself open for Zafina’s counters. Zafina struck the Italian fortune teller with a few cartwheel kicks and side swipes. An intimidating roar erupted inside Zafina and the ancient beast, Azazel’s, glowing claw suddenly surrounded the majority of Zafina’s left arm. The sight of it unsettled Rose, and Zafina immediately charged right through her opponent with the magical assist of the claw. Zafina then switched up her stance from the Mantis stance to the Scarecrow stance. Her variety of attacks and stances soon overwhelmed Rose and Zafina quickly saw an opening to end the match. She switched into her Tarantula stance and crawled toward Rose. Zafina landed a kick combo and the claw of Azazel again appeared on her arm. She grabbed at Rose with the monstrous claw and squeezed tight. The resulting explosion put Rose down on her back and in serious pain.. She braced herself for a possibly fatal blow.

Zafina screamed as she lifted her Azazel infused arm into the air. Suddenly it disappeared. She looked down with a smile at a confused Rose.

“As I was trying to tell you and your apprentice before you (REF: MENAT VS. ZAFINA) , the spirit of Azazel  is very much under control. It can be an invaluable weapon for us in this fight.”

“I have seen it with my own eyes, yet still I have my concerns,” Rose admitted.

“Perhaps that isn’t a completely bad thing,” stated Zafina. “I would be happy to have you fighting by my side keeping an eye on me. If it did reach a point where it was consuming me, I trust that you would do the right thing.”

Rose thought for a moment. “I suppose it would be hypocritical for me to not see the value in such an ally considering Ryu's own internal battles with the Satsui no Hado."     

“Let’s start over,” said Zafina. “My name is Zafina, It is my honor to join you now in your battle against Kazuya Mishima.”

Zafina offered her hand to help Rose up. When the two mystic women locked arms, a cryptic vision filled both of their heads. The vision contained both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur, Siegfried, and the azure knight, Nightmare. Flashes of M. Bison, Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima, Ryu, Kyo Kusanagi, Zasalamel, Urien, and various other fighters holding the respective swords soon followed.

“Did you just see that?” questioned Rose.

“I did,” replied Zafina.

1423688731_soulcaliburandsouledge.jpg.fb97fb0d287754586d5296436674e7b7.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olcadankilik.jpg.45e01899ace8171d55c5493f238613e0.jpg

It was time for Kilik to bid farewell to both of his trainers, the Edge Master and Olcadan, and face the pursuers of Soul Edge head on. Olcadan, the legendary fighter cursed with an owl head by the God of War Ares, had left his own protege, Boris, decades earlier when it became clear that he was not strong enough for the task ahead of him. In the last few years he joined up with his former rival, Edge Master, to complete Kilik’s training.

Kilik knelt with respect in front of both Olcadan and Edge Master. “Do you really think I am ready?”

“You have inside of you everything you need,” Edge Master replied.

“And whether you are ready or not is irrelevant, We are out of time,” Olcadan added bluntly.

“You’re right of course.”

Kilik picked up his Kali-Yuga rod and rose to his feet. “Where do I even start?”

“There are several targets to choose from,” said Olcadan.

“What about starting with your friends? Surely you have felt it. Many of them have already joined in the struggle,” stated Edge Master.

“Yes. Maxi has no doubt already taken to the seas.  (REF: MAXI VS. CLAUDIO SERAFINO) Xianghua had formed a kinship with Taki and Seong Mi-Na some years back. (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA) I shall seek them out first and aid them in whatever predicament has befallen them,” Kilik declared. (REF: HWANG VS. GUY)

“Just remember your first priority is to stop anyone from resurrecting Soul Edge, and failing that possibly eradicating the Evil Seed once and for all,” Olcadan reminded. “Whatever was once there between the two of you is best left in the past. You need to have a singular focus.”

Kilik nodded.

“You better get going,” said Edge Master.

Kilik bid farewell to the two martial arts masters and left to start his journey.

Edge Master eyed the owl headed fighter. “Was that really necessary?”

“I don’t doubt Kilik’s dedication to his mission, but love can be the death of duty,” Olcadan replied.

“What about you? Are you feeling any obligation to join this fight?” Edge Master inquired.

Olcadan scoffed. “My involvement would surely anger the gods. It took me long enough to get used to this head and these feet. Who knows what appendage they would transform next.”

“I believe the situation is quite different this time. We are talking about helping to save the world, not simply challenging the gods to satiate your ego,” Edge Master clarified.

Olcadan crossed his arms. “Hmmmph.”

Before he reached civilization, Kilik came across a teenage boy leaned against a tree trunk waiting for him. The boy was dressed in red and had an effeminate look to him. He was also tossing up and down a green flame like a baseball in his hand.

“What took you so long?” Ash Crimson asked. “Were you all waiting for the world to turn into a hellscape before you finished your game of hide and go seek up there?”

Kilik held the Kali-Yuga in both hands. “State your name and purpose here!”

Ash chuckled. “My name is Ash. I have recently just returned to this world only to find out that it may be in jeopardy because of some spooky old sword. I am loath to let that happen. That is my purpose.”

Kilik eased up slightly. “So you are coming to me as an ally?”

Ash shook his head and pointed to the Kali-Yuga. “I’ve come to take that from you.”

Kilik was dumbfounded. “Are you mad?”

“Quite the opposite actually. While everyone else went on a collision course to grab the sword, I did my research. The real power is in controlling the weapons that will defeat Soul Edge when it inevitably resurfaces.”

“This is not just some weapon, it is one of the three sacred treasures of the Ling Sheng-Su Temple,” explained Kilik.

Ash snickered. “Taking sacred treasures is kind of my thing.”

“I implore you to rethink this strategy. If the goal is to defeat Soul Edge, then the best course of action is to have the Kali-Yuga in my possession. I have trained with it for centuries and I am the only one that can keep it under control,” stated Kilik.

“It has the ability to absorb all energy both good and bad. If the wielder absorbs too much negative energy he runs the risk of turning evil himself. I’ve read the cliff notes,” Ash said dismissively. “In the end, the hands I trust the most are my own. After all, you have had centuries to rid the world of this evil once for all and you have failed to do so.”

“You assume much,” Kilik observed. “You also are extremely arrogant for someone so young and don’t have the look of any fighter or warrior I have ever come across. Still, I get the sense that it would be a mistake to underestimate you.”

“Many have before only to ensure their own downfalls,” Ash informed.

Kilik swung his Kali-Yuga through the air. “It is settled then. If your heart is set on trying to take this from me, you will have to do so in battle.”

10 hours ago, patrickthekid said:

Wow, this could get interesting. Kilik may have him beat in combat, but Ash might decide to absorb Soul Edge... which might take over his body. I think that's what will happen and Ash will end up mauling poor Kilik in the end.

Thanks for the comments, and you pose a great question.

For those that don't know, when Ash Crimson stole the Sacred Treasures from Chizuru Kagura and Iori Yagami he literally reached inside their bodies and took it out. Effectively stealing their powers. He did the same thing to the saga's main villain, Saiki, however Saiki's spirit was too powerful and took over Ash. Would he do the same thing and take Kilik's malfestation? Would he be able to control it?

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.60 Total Combined Score
9.60 / 2 = 4.80 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Kilik: 1
Ash Crimson: 2

4 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

The Zafina/Rose fight was creative and I like how it played out.

The fight here would be close but I actually would have tied it up by voting for Kilik.

Thanks.

For this one time, I am glad you didn't vote. I don't need anymore ties lol. 

• Like 1