Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15960 Captain America vs. The Punisher

Pizzaguy2995

War Journal February 19, 2021

My current target: White Star, former private military firm turned domestic terrorist organization.

Three months ago the previously upstanding PMC closed down their main facility in New York City and went off the grid. Shortly afterwards a series of coordinated strikes were made on secret bases run by AIM, Serpent Society, and the remnants of Hydra. No civilian deaths so far, though several policemen were injured while responding to one attack. 

Rumors on the dark web suggest that White Star’s new leader- codename: The Messiah- is a populist, anti-establishment figure whose been preaching about the evils of the elitist, how they’ve infiltrated the government and made it so that the “people” don’t have a voice in the government anymore. Intel further suggests that several pieces of technology stolen during the raids could be used to create some form of biochemical weapon.

I can’t say I completely disagree with their view on the government and I have to admire their surgical strikes on groups like AIM or Hydra. But my service years with the Corps has shown me the aftermath of groups who tried to usurp the government for the “good of the people,” and the ones with an almost cult like reverence of their leaders are always the most dangerous. This “Messiah” and his group are too dangerous to ignore, especially if this weapon their creating is as deadly as they say.

Update: Managed to pick up a trail that lead me to northern New York State, to a formerly abandoned Army base. White Star’s men had the base fortified to almost perfection, the key word being ‘almost’. Killed all but one man and secured the weapon; can’t make out how the thing is supposed to work, maybe Micro Chip will be able to work it out. Been trying to squeeze some info out of the surviving man, apparently the head developer of the biochemical weapon, but whoever this ‘Messiah’ is, he’s damn good at instilling loyalty in his men.

“Still no replies from Echo Base sir. What are your orders?”

“Take the back roads to the base soldier, if we still see no signs of our men we’ll have to sneak inside to find out what happened and secure the package.”

“Copy that Messiah.”

The armed convoy continued down the snowed over roads, taking the less traveled road to the still radio silent base.

“Can’t say I’m much of a fan of this ‘Messiah’ nickname,” Captain America turned to the Sergeant of this squad. “Kinda worried it might give people the wrong idea about me.”

“Don’t worry about it sir. It’s just a reference to how committed our guys are to your mission,” The Sergeant offered.

“If you say so Sergeant,” Cap nodded at the squad leader. Looking over the other soldiers in the convoy Cap noticed one of the troops looking distracted. “Something on your mind Corporal?”

“Just worried about our men at Echo Base sir and with all due respect, I’m worried if we made the right decision stealing and trying to control this weapon sir,” The Corporal replied.

“I know son, trust me when I first heard that Hydra, AIM, and the Sorcerer’s Society were combining resources to build this weapon my first instinct was to find it and destroy it. But Dr. Hartman insists that at this stage destroying the weapon could release the virus into the atmosphere with no way to contain it. So right now the best we can do is keep it contained and away from those who might want to use it.”

“Including the feds right? That’s why you went to us instead of S.H.I.E.L.D. right? You heard the feds might want to use the weapon sir?” Corporal asked.

“Wouldn’t surprise me none. Always knew the damn government was getting too corrupt, only a matter of time before they decided to use a super weapon to keep us in check,” Sergeant spoke angrily.

“Settle down Sergeant, I still know some good people working at S.H.I.E.L.D., far as we know this could just be a small splinter group trying to use the package for evil intentions.” Captain America spoke firmly.

“But what if it isn’t just a small splinter group? You’ve told us what you witnessed during the Superhuman Civil War and about freak shows like Pleasant Hill. Is it really such a stretch that they’ll weaponize diseases?” Sergent insisted.

If it ever comes down to that we’ll stop them, no matter the cost. But right now I know that their still men like Fury and Coulson who we can work with, so we’ll-“

“Overlord to Messiah! Bravo Team is already advancing towards Echo Base! I ordered them to wait for you guys but the fuckers wouldn’t listen!”

“Copy that Overlord, we’ll go get them, over. Alpha Team on me! We gotta catch up to Bravo Team!” Captain America declared.

Cap and Alpha Team exited the vehicle and cautiously headed toward Echo Base.

“Bravo Team? Bravo Team this is Messiah, what is your position? Over.”

“This is Bravo Team, it’s bad here sir. Bodies all over the place, all our men sir. Looks like they were taken by surprise, half the bodies didn’t even have their guns drawn. No sign of any hostiles though. Over.”

“Don’t let your guard down soldier, whatever did this has to still be here. Are you close to the package? Over.”

“Affirmative Messiah, we’re almost at the vault now but it looks like- SHIT!!! TRIP MINE!!! LOOK OUT-“

BOOOOM!!!!

“Alpha Team to the vault! On the double!” Steve Rogers urged his troops forward.

“Oh fucking Hell!!! What the flying fuck?!?!” The Corporal entered the vault room first, seeing the dead body parts of fellow White Stars all over the room.

“CORPORAL GET DOWN!!!” 

Captain America tackled the Corporal to the ground, his shield blocking the rain of bullets that came from the rafters. Cautiously looking around his red, white, and blue shield, Cap looked up to the rafters and managed to spot the assailant. Cap meet the man’s hard scowl with one of his own, only for both faces to suddenly break into a confused look of recognition.

“Castle?”

“SHOOT HIM! PROTECT MESSIAH!”

“W-wait a second. Alpha Team stand down!” 

Alpha Team’s gunfire drowned out Cap’s orders, but they failed to tag the Punisher who ducked and dodged, then threw a bag of frag grenades down at the White Stars. They managed to avoid the grenades, only to find their quarry was long gone.

“Who was that guy sir?” The shocked Corporal managed to croak out.

“The last man you want as enemy son,”Captain America sighed.

Two weeks later,

Northern Michigan

“Frank?...Frank pick up...Frank I know you can hear me....I just want to talk Frank, pick up the radio....”

Frank Castle’s eyes never left the scope of his rifle, his index finger stayed over the trigger, but his free hand managed to reach over to the nearby radio and bring it to his lips.

“Alright Cap, start talking.”

“I don’t want to fight you Frank, and I don’t think you want to fight me. So before this goes too far, let’s try to talk through this.”

“...What were you planning to do with this weapon Cap?”

“Nothing. I only wanted to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.”

“That’s a relief, I got it rigged to several claymores mines, say the word and I’ll blow it-“

“NO! DO NOT DESTROY IT!”

“...Then tell me what you were really planning to do with it.”

“Frank you don’t understand what you have-“

“I know what biochemical weapon designed to kill thousands looks like! What I don’t understand, is what the hell Captain America is doing with it!”

“I told you I was keeping it from-“

“Or why the hell you needed an army of anti-government cultists to get it!”

“Goddamnit Frank! Listen to me!”

“Or why your army of cultists are trying to sneak into my base.”

Downwind of the base The Punisher’s thermal scope could see the men moving through the trees towards his base.

“I thought you just wanted to talk Cap.”

“Frank do not kill them!”

“Then tell them to pull back!”

“I ordered them not to shoot unless fired upon!”

“PULL THEM BACK NOW!”

“FRANK I-“

BOOOOM! BOOOOM! BOOOOM!

Multiple bombs sounded off into the cold winter night, alongside several screams of bloody murder. By the time the smoke cleared blood and entrails coated the snowy ground and trees, the men of Alpha Team never had a chance.

“...You killed my men...”

“I told you to pull them back.”

“You killed my men.”

“Did you really think I didn’t fortify the area?”

“YOU KILLED MY FUCKING MEN YOU FUCKING MURDERER!” 

“NO YOU DID! YOU KNEW I HAD TO HAVE TRAPS SET UP AND YOU SENT THEM IN ANYWAYS! YOU USED THEM TO TRY TO GET YOUR FUCKING BOMB BACK!”

“TO GET IT AWAY FROM YOU CASTLE! TO GET AWAY FROM YOUR SICK, TWISTED, INSANE LITTLE MIND BECAUSE YOU ARE A SOCIOPATHIC MURDERER AND I NEVER TRUSTED YOU!” 

“WELL I TRUSTED YOU CAPTAIN AMERICA! I trusted you enough to betray my country twice! I trusted you after you beat the shit out of me! I trusted you after you joined Hydra! I trusted you with the power to rewrite history itself because you were the greatest man I knew and I believed in you over anybody else!”

Frank Castle had to briefly look away from the scope to wipe the tears falling from his face.

“My trust in you almost fucked over the entire world Cap. I won’t make that mistake ever again. I don’t care if your a clone, a robot, or the real fucking deal, but your getting this bomb over my dead fucking body!”

“...Then I guess their’s nothing left to say, murderer...”

Both Punisher and Captain America have had two weeks to prep for the fight. Punisher starts out holed up in the fort listed below:

8D6023BE-5FDA-42E6-B6DB-9CAD6B24316C.thumb.jpeg.b5dd68a328134396a5b765aeb27d005e.jpeg

May the better soldier win.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - ViceCityMobster86
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
15.00 Total Combined Score
15.00 / 3 = 5.00 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Captain America: 2