Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 15900 Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer vs. The Thing (John Carpenter)

Pizzaguy2995

“Major, if the Guerrillas didn’t do this then what did?” 

Major Alan “Dutch” Schafer and his team just couldn’t seem to catch a break. Not only had he been lied to and used by a man Dutch had once considered his closest friend, but now they had discovered that the allied village that was supposed to house them was now in utter ruins.

The village had been a small, unassuming abode in a pretty isolated part of the Central American rainforest. It’s leaders had always been friendly with the U.S. government and had would shelter Special Forces teams as they wait for their evac to arrive and pick them up. By the time Dutch and his team had arrived, most of the village was burned to charred ruins, dead villagers were all over the place either burnt to dust or blown to several pieces.

“I don’t know Mac, but if this was the guerrillas then why would they burn all the crops and destroy any vehicle that could reach civilization? Also did you notice that their was almost no damage to the walls and houses on the outskirts of the village? Whatever did this, they were inside the village when they attacked,” Dutch surmised.

“Goddamn, this mission just keeps getting more and more FUBAR by the minute,” Mac grumbled in discontent. Having cleared out what used to be a village pantry, Mac zipped up what little food he could scavenge in his backpack. “I think that’s the best we’re gonna get from here sir,”

“Take it back to Dillon and tell him to ration it carefully, we got to holdout until the chopper get’s here. Then go help Blane and Poncho clear the north side of the village, I’m going to check in on Billy and Hawkins,” Dutch ordered, slinging his gun over his soldier.

“Maybe I’ll go have a little chat with that little Andrea chick, see what she knows about this shit,” Mac growled out.

“Her names Anna and she’s already said her people had nothing to do with this,” Dutch firmly reminded Mac.

“Right, of course sir,” Mac nodded at his superior officer before leaving.

A few minutes latter had Dutch at the main entrance of the city, a major chokepoint that should have  been the main sight of a battle between the villagers and the attacking insurgents, yet it is one of the few areas of the village still intact with no burn marks.

“Any signs of movement?” Dutch asked Billy, the team’s tracker and scout who was positioned in one the houses overlooking the entrance.

Billy didn’t answer, his focus on the building across the dirt road from them, where Hawkins was holed up with the only apparent survivor of whatever torched this village: an Australian Cattle Dog that Hawkins had taken an instant liking to.

“There’s something wrong with that dog,” Billy finally spoke.

“The dog?” Dutch looked over at the animal, it was certainly behaving like a typical animal; it barked, scratched itself, waged it’s tail when Poncho offered it expired beef jerky, and whined whenever Hawkins told one of his crude jokes.

“Somethings just not right with it sir, just not right,” Billy reiterated, still staring through the window, watching the oblivious Hawkins petting the dog.

“Why don’t you head back to the main camp, I’ll take over your watch,” Dutch relived the stoic man.

“... Thank you Major,” Billy finally stood up and lumbered back toward the village center. 

After he left Dutch looked back over at the other building and he felt a sudden chill up his spine when he saw the dog staring back at the Major; not around him, not past him, but directly at him. And as Dutch meet the mutt’s eyes, for a brief second he didn’t see the blank, unfocused eyes of a dog, he saw the eyes of something intelligent, calculating, and sinister staring back at him, sizing him up like it was a hunter deciding whether the prey was worth the effort or not.

“And the guy asked ‘you kiss your mother with that mouth?’ And I said ‘no I kiss your mother with that mouth!’ Hahahaha!” 

And then suddenly the moment was over and the dog was back to being a dog, whining at Hawkins bad joke and licking his outstretched hand. Dutch was left to ponder Billy’s words and to ask himself whether he had simply imagined the look the dog had given him. 

The battle takes place in a small village in the Central American jungle, kinda similar to the one Dutch’s group had the firefight with the Guerrillas (before they first meet the predator). The Thing starts with just the body of the dog and is aware that in a week a helicopter will extract the group. Dutch and his team have the same weapons and equipment they had in the movie.

Who is the hunter and who is the hunted?

Learn More About
Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer
Read more about Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer at Wikipedia
Official Site: 20th Century Fox Links: Wikipedia Entry IMDB Link Official Site

The Thing (John Carpenter)
Read more about The Thing (John Carpenter) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Universal Pictures Links: Wikipedia entry IMDB page John Carpenter's website

I like the match. 🙂 I give it a 5.0 score.

I think the Thing will win this.

Great set up and fun call back to the original movie!

I dont know.. i like Dutch and his team. They were fierce and proficient. The Predator took them out with ease and Dutch really only won because the Predator got cocky in the end. With that said, the Thing is a whole different animal. I don't think it is necessarily more deadly than the Predator, it operates very differently. I think the Thing could end up winning especially if it starts taking the forms of Dutch's team mates.

This is a good one. This is a tough one, but I believe that Dutch will take the win because he’ll be able to figure out a way to outsmart the thing and defeating it kinda like he did with the predator even though they are different aliens Dutch can still find a way to defeat the thing with his strategies while two of the team members have become infected by the dog while the others will survive and help Dutch win.

(Not to mention Dutch and his team has a lot of fire power like explosive grenades).

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
3.70 - SSJRuss
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.20 - JohnnyChany
5.00 - patrickthekid

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
22.90 Total Combined Score
22.90 / 5 = 4.58 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer : 0
The Thing (John Carpenter): 6

Aw, wish I had read this match while voting and grading were still active. This was a good one, Pizzaguy, and the Thing gives enough of a difference experience for Dutch and his team to keep this story from being a total rehash of the Predator film.

Just as the vote indicated, I think the Thing may eventually kill the entire team. While they may get a rough idea what's up with this threat a little sooner than they did with the Jungle Hunter, the Thing could just keep switching to different hosts until it feeds on everyone.