Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15372 Spider-Man (Zombie) vs. Vampire Batman

Culwych1

The Green Death - Part 2 of 2
---------------------------------------------------

When the apocalypse came, it came not from the skies or with a ranging fire as was prophesied. It came instead invisibly, transmitting from person to person, without any symptoms and without any pain until it was too late. The Green Death they called it; after the gentle hue of the skin of the infected, and our greatest minds could do nothing to stop or even slow it. 

Every mammal was infected, even the aliens. Human, Kryptonian, Amazonian, Asguardian or Mutant; they all fell. It spread quicker that we could have anticipated, seeming to transmit as quickly by water as it could by air or touch. Our leaders and heroes were gone before we even knew there was a danger, and the world seemed to turn on itself. Countries blamed each other, or pointed the finger at outsiders and what the virus had not ravaged, we destroyed ourselves. Nukes, lasers, and energy blasts leveled cities, and the skies burned red with the fires of destruction. 

And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, it did. The Green Death wasn't finished with us yet. From the mass graveyards and condemned houses, the dead rose once again. They shuffled, walked and ran, driven by a primordial need to consume flesh. Mindlessly they hunted us down and dragged us kicking and screaming out of our hiding places and ripped us to shreds. 

About one in a one thousand of us was immune, and we banded together in small groups to see out this apocalypse. In the ruined husks of our great cities, we run, hide, forage, and die. This is our life now. 

The building was dark, quiet, and outside Kyle could still hear the sound of the beasts as they turned on each other. He peered into the gloom as he stumbled forward. 

The corridor stretched forward, with rooms angling off to each side. Old boxes were stacked in various corners at intervals, as if being prepared for a shipment. 

Stop!

Kyle heard the muffled cry from one of the rooms and charged forward, his concern for Terri overriding his caution. He stopped outside a room hesitated; had it been this one? 

Then a ray of light split the darkness, shining straight onto the dusty boxes. Kyle swung his head round and almost screamed. 

High at the front of the house, climbing nimbly through an open window, was Spider-Man. Kyle knew him instantly from all the footage, the news, and had even been at a city presentation where Spider-Man has spoken about all his good work. But there was definitely something wrong about this picture. The light from outside illuminated the hero's face, and it gleamed against visible bone and rotting flesh. 

Oh my god a zombie. He's a zombie! 

Kyle was torn, he could hide from this new threat, or he could pursue Terri. 

In the end the choice was simple. He loved her. Whether she felt the same way he didn't know, but every moment they had spent running, hiding and escaping from the zombies had made them grow closer. They had even spent the night together, a frantic and desperate lovemaking that was borne more out of the need to be close to someone, anyone, than passion or feelings. But it has pushed them closer together, and now Kyle knew that he loved her. 

He threw open the door to the room where he had heard the cry, and sank to his knees at what he saw there. 

The dark figure wore a cape, and was dressed in an instantly recognisable costume. The Batman of Gotham. Except this was no hero; the figure was hunched over Terri, and from the angle at which they stood, Kyle could see the horrendous fangs that were buried deep in Terri's neck. Blood poured out of the wound, and the Batman's was sucking hungrily as it seeped down. 

"Nooooo", his wail was one of a man pushed over the edge, who had seen too much terror and been through too much pain. 

Even without realising it, he could hear the scrambling behind him as the zombie Spider-Man rushed forward towards the noise. 

Reflex took over and Kyle threw himself to the side at the last possible second, survival instinct moving his body for him. 

Spider-Man flew past him into the room, and again acting on instinct, Kyle stood up and slammed the door shut. It was one of those old container doors, heavy and secure, but Kyle found the strength and it clanged close. The last sight he had of the room were Terri's dead eyes staring up to the ceiling. 

"I hope you rot in there you bastards" he cried, as he turned the mechanism which locked the door tight. 

Inside the room, now sealed shut and without any way out, the picture was frozen. 

Batman, who had infected himself with a vampire formula when he discovered that it was the only way to escape the Green Death virus, and Spider-Man, whose arachnid DNA has mutated the virus and left him undead, but horrifically aware and unable to control his hunger. They stood still and stared at each other. 

"You are a monster too" said Spider-Man, his own experiences at having killed and eaten his closest loved ones having pushed him beyond any hope or reason. 

"I kill monsters!" replied the Bat, but then looked down at the still body in his arms and sighed. "I kill them." he said again, quieter. 

Then he gazed up at the zombie in front of him. "The room is sealed, and I'll be damned if I don't take one more monster with me before I go". 

"You can't kill me, I'm already dead" said Spider-Man, and lurched forward for the kill. "And I must feeeed!"

Hope you enjoyed it folks! A short zombie arc, always fun. 
  • Like 1

This was a great set up! I enjoyed it a Lot! 

I dont know... I think as far as strength and speed, that would definitely be on Spidey's side and with being a zombie with awareness would had some in his favor.

Vampirism would definitely give Batman some strength and speed as well, definitely not enough to match Spidey.

As far as intelligence, I think Batman is superior and he has experience with a multitude of opponents.

It could go either way, I think I may give it to vamp batman, but it'd he close in my opinion

• Thanks 1

Great idea for a match.

While Batman isn't as strong even in vampire form, he still has his intellect. But his most useful ability here is mist form. There isn't much Spidey can do to hurt him and while Batman has the knowledge to use his gadgets. I'd give this one to Batman in a close fight.

• Thanks 1

Story certainly feels like it could continue. I could see a last part with Kyle reaching somewhere safe or getting turned by the virus.

This would be a close fight. Vampire Batman might have enough strength to match this version of Spider-Man. He also has enough knowledge of zombies from living in this world to know how to deal with one.

Batman gets my vote.