Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

5:9 - Deadpool vs. X-23

UMPIRE

SEASON 5, ROUND 9

Deadpool

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Deadpool at Wikipedia
Official Site: Marvel Comics

X-23

Slot: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero
Season Wins: 4
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about X-23 at Wikipedia
Official Site: marvel

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Mines Of Moria

Both fighters have incredible healing factors and combat prowess but I feel Laura has this in the bag. Fighting others with their own strong healing abilities is nothing new to her(Wolverine, Daken etc), reasonably confident that she's the better trained of the two, she's faster and more agile, and while Deadpool has healing derived from Wolverine's own, he doesn't have the enhanced senses that Logan does. Laura does, however, and in this location, better eyesight, hearing and incredible sense of smell are great advantages. That, and Deadpool is undeniably more of a goofball and inclined to mess around while Laura really isn't and would just go straight for trying to end the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

7 hours ago, C.T. said:

Both fighters have incredible healing factors and combat prowess but I feel Laura has this in the bag. Fighting others with their own strong healing abilities is nothing new to her(Wolverine, Daken etc), reasonably confident that she's the better trained of the two, she's faster and more agile, and while Deadpool has healing derived from Wolverine's own, he doesn't have the enhanced senses that Logan does. Laura does, however, and in this location, better eyesight, hearing and incredible sense of smell are great advantages. That, and Deadpool is undeniably more of a goofball and inclined to mess around while Laura really isn't and would just go straight for trying to end the threat as quickly and efficiently as possible. 

They both have same experience fighting people with a similar healing factor (against the same foes), though Deadpool has at least been fighting Wolverine for much longer. I'm not sure why X23 is the better trained of the two, Deadpool is a master hand-to-hand fighter with more experience that I think has more feats than X23. I'm not sure about faster or more agile, Deadpool's reflexes let him fight Spider-Man, Captain America, etc. I would say this is a close fight.

1 hour ago, Magnamax said:

I'm not sure why X23 is the better trained of the two, Deadpool is a master hand-to-hand fighter with more experience that I think has more feats than X23.

Well, there's no doubt that Deadpool is very capable and he has more feats and experience, that's a given. He's been around longer both in-universe and in publication history. Still, that doesn't change that I feel X-23 is the better trained of the two. 

She grew up confined as a prisoner, her entire childhood devoted to rigorous training from hell. Like the only times she wasn't training was when she was on actual field missions. They were doing their best to make her the ultimate weapon. Couple that with her stealth, her enhanced senses especially in this locale, and her more serious attitude to fighting, I say Laura has this pretty decisively. 

12 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Well, there's no doubt that Deadpool is very capable and he has more feats and experience, that's a given. He's been around longer both in-universe and in publication history. Still, that doesn't change that I feel X-23 is the better trained of the two. 

She grew up confined as a prisoner, her entire childhood devoted to rigorous training from hell. Like the only times she wasn't training was when she was on actual field missions. They were doing their best to make her the ultimate weapon. Couple that with her stealth, her enhanced senses especially in this locale, and her more serious attitude to fighting, I say Laura has this pretty decisively. 

I don't think enhanced senses with the locale matters much at all. They are going to be engaged in a hand-to-hand fight for most of the time, rather than a cat-and-mouse kind of affair. Deadpool is most of the same, he's essentially been either training as a mercenary or fighting some of the best h2h fighters the Marvel universe has to offer. 

26 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I don't think enhanced senses with the locale matters much at all. They are going to be engaged in a hand-to-hand fight for most of the time, rather than a cat-and-mouse kind of affair. Deadpool is most of the same, he's essentially been either training as a mercenary or fighting some of the best h2h fighters the Marvel universe has to offer. 

Well you’re just plain wrong then. It very much matters. Laura could very easily just go cat and mouse, and there’s advantages to that as opposed to just hand to hand fighting it. But even so, no Deadpool was not trained from childhood basically 24/7 so again X-23 is the better trained and even if it was a direct h2h fight(which is not at all guaranteed), X is better trained, just as quick, more agile, has an equal if not stronger healing factor, and her claws would be more damaging to Wade than most of his weapons would be to her. The exception is:

The weapons that are the most lethal, in fact, are also a good reason why Laura would go for the cat and mouse approach. Those being his carbonadium katanas, which mess with healing factors, would be a solid reason to not go up close and personal in an extended h2h battle. 

4 minutes ago, C.T. said:

Well you’re just plain wrong then. It very much matters. Laura could very easily just go cat and mouse, and there’s advantages to that as opposed to just hand to hand fighting it. But even so, no Deadpool was not trained from childhood basically 24/7 so again X-23 is the better trained and even if it was a direct h2h fight(which is not at all guaranteed), X is better trained, just as quick, more agile, has an equal if not stronger healing factor, and her claws would be more damaging to Wade than most of his weapons would be to her.

Cat and Mouse results in not much for either combatant, as both of them would just heal up after any sort of hit and run. Not to mention the fact that Deadpool may not be able to smell her or anything, but his reflexes let him fight Iron Fist, Captain America, Daredevil, Spider-Man, etc so I think he can react to her fighting. I guess if she wants to scurry away and hide in a mind that she's never been in then she can do that, but it's not like most of Moria offers great areas to have her hide away in. I don't think it's as great of area to sneak around given cave-ins and goblins alerting folks to either fighter's location. She's as likely to drop off a shaft then to actually be successful. 

Even is she has been "trained since childhood," it doesn't matter if Deadpool has feats that place him on her level or higher. He can fight and beat opponents that match up with X23's feats and beyond. I'm also not willing to accept that she's more agile, given the caliber of opponents that Deadpool can fight against. HEaling factors should be equal, and Deadpool has a better variety of equipment to fight with and he's much stronger and used to fighting opponents that are capable of dealing more damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laura only coated with adamantium on her claws? Seems like gunshot wounds to the skull, ribs and other areas should be significant here.

2 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Cat and Mouse results in not much for either combatant, as both of them would just heal up after any sort of hit and run.

Untrue. Laura could take the same approach to Wade as she did here against Logan: 

LN39LcE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

QYPvvOs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Rfdlt8E_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

These kinds of repeated hit and run attacks, over a period of time to drain Deadpool, would be very effective, while letting her avoid extended contact with Deadpool’s most lethal weapons(I was slow in editing my post before this one but the less she has to worry about his carbonadium katanas, the better) 

8 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I guess if she wants to scurry away and hide in a mind that she's never been in then she can do that, but it's not like most of Moria offers great areas to have her hide away in. I don't think it's as great of area to sneak around given cave-ins and goblins alerting folks to either fighter's location. She's as likely to drop off a shaft then to actually be successful. 

What the...

No. Just no. She’s not a fucking amateur, dude.

9 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Even is she has been "trained since childhood," it doesn't matter if Deadpool has feats that place him on her level or higher.

I don’t know why you have those in quotes when that’s literally her backstory, but okay.

11 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

He can fight and beat opponents that match up with X23's feats and beyond.

He can also lose to them too, so...

11 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

I'm also not willing to accept that she's more agile, given the caliber of opponents that Deadpool can fight against.

Pretty sure Laura’s best moves in the agile department would show she’s his superior in that regard.

15 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

HEaling factors should be equal, and Deadpool has a better variety of equipment to fight with and he's much stronger and used to fighting opponents that are capable of dealing more damage.

Her healing factor is better than Logan’s, both shown and acknowledged by Wolverine himself. Granted, I don’t know how Deadpool’s compares to Logan’s so...

Equal it may very well be.

Most of his equipment is really not going to be that effective against her. The katanas definitely would be, but that’s just one reason to go cat and mouse more than extended close range battle.

23 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Laura only coated with adamantium on her claws? Seems like gunshot wounds to the skull, ribs and other areas should be significant here.

Correct in that only her claws have adamantium(it’s why her healing is stronger than Logan’s) but not the rest. Gunshot wounds?

V3vFYhP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb& 

Not really that significant.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, C.T. said:

Untrue. Laura could take the same approach to Wade as she did here against Logan: 

LN39LcE_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

QYPvvOs_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Rfdlt8E_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

These kinds of repeated hit and run attacks, over a period of time to drain Deadpool, would be very effective, while letting her avoid extended contact with Deadpool’s most lethal weapons(I was slow in editing my post before this one but the less she has to worry about his carbonadium katanas, the better) 

What the...

No. Just no. She’s not a fucking amateur, dude.

I don’t know why you have those in quotes when that’s literally her backstory, but okay.

He can also lose to them too, so...

Pretty sure Laura’s best moves in the agile department would show she’s his superior in that regard.

Her healing factor is better than Logan’s, both shown and acknowledged by Wolverine himself. Granted, I don’t know how Deadpool’s compares to Logan’s so...

Equal it may very well be.

Most of his equipment is really not going to be that effective against her. The katanas definitely would be, but that’s just one reason to go cat and mouse more than extended close range battle.

Correct in that only her claws have adamantium(it’s why her healing is stronger than Logan’s) but not the rest. Gunshot wounds?

V3vFYhP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb& 

Not really that significant.

Not relevant to this fight, but given that Wolverine's healing factor seems to usually push lodged bullets out his body. Why can't it push out dirt? 

Again, no she's not an amateur, but she has almost no room to work with in most of Moria. It's mostly narrow passageways and sudden drops, with it being a mine and all. I don't think her fighting in a pitch-black environment that she isn't going to know lends itself well to hit-and-run.

I put in quotes to paraphrase what you said, but also because I just don't think it's that significant. She has been training most of her life, Deadpool has been fighting superpowered beings and able to trade blows with the best h2h fighters in Marvel. They are skilled fighters when it comes down to it. Her training most of her life doesn't do anything to prove she is a superior fighter.

Deadpool has a couple of things going for him that make him a tougher fight than someone like Wolverine. Namely, he has versatility and unpredictability in his fighting style. Taskmaster, a guy whose whole power is being able to predict how people are going to fight, can't keep up with Wade. His arsenal is varied and I think he can hit a lot of different ways. Teleportation, and a small aresenal should help in the environment, especially when the goblins start getting involved. If there's a crowd, then grenades and guns are going to a better job of keeping groups of Deadpool than Laura is going to do by herself. 

2 hours ago, Magnamax said:

Again, no she's not an amateur, but she has almost no room to work with in most of Moria. It's mostly narrow passageways and sudden drops, with it being a mine and all. I don't think her fighting in a pitch-black environment that she isn't going to know lends itself well to hit-and-run.

Again, that's where the enhanced physical senses come into play? You know, the same senses as Wolverine? 

mm64x9J.png

Pitch black darkness isn't a problem for her like it will be for Deadpool.

I put in quotes to paraphrase what you said, but also because I just don't think it's that significant. She has been training most of her life, Deadpool has been fighting superpowered beings and able to trade blows with the best h2h fighters in Marvel. They are skilled fighters when it comes down to it. Her training most of her life doesn't do anything to prove she is a superior fighter.

Okay, then let me put it another way. She has the better training and also has been fighting superpowered beings and is able to trade blows with the best h2h fighters in Marvel? That kind of argument on your part really proves uh...absolutely nothing. Not when the same can be and has been said for X-23.

VhtdDav.jpeg

5939995-laura%204.jpg

Which leads me back to saying that the person who was trained practically 24/7 for the majority of her life has the more extensive training? 

Deadpool has a couple of things going for him that make him a tougher fight than someone like Wolverine. Namely, he has versatility and unpredictability in his fighting style. Taskmaster, a guy whose whole power is being able to predict how people are going to fight, can't keep up with Wade. His arsenal is varied and I think he can hit a lot of different ways. Teleportation, and a small arsenal should help in the environment, especially when the goblins start getting involved. If there's a crowd, then grenades and guns are going to a better job of keeping groups of Deadpool than Laura is going to do by herself. 

Again, the versatility of his arsenal is all well and good but most of that arsenal is not going to do anything to keep Laura down. As for Taskmaster, uh, well, Laura kicked his ass too. So, you know, there's that.

And um, no on several fronts. Like I said before, Deadpool doesn't have the senses that Wolverine and X-23 do, so he'd be firing like completely blind in the pitch black darkness with all his guns and grenades. That really doesn't lend itself to performing as well as normal there. Besides, groups of goblins are really not going to be able to do much to Laura. Not when she's done stuff like this: 

https://imgur.com/a/1NcBp

For reference, that is her with only one arm, slaughtering dozens of men who've been trained to kill her, while the whole facility is being drenched with a lot of toxic chemicals and yet she still comes out on top. I really don't feel that goblins are something she really has to worry about.