Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Tournament - The Dragonborn vs. Sauron

C.T.

Hrm. That did not last as long as imagined. The voice speaking directly into her mind sounded disappointed, but that was honestly the least of her concerns. The master mage and last Dovahkiin currently laid in an undignified, broken manner, completely at the mercy of Darth Vader. Yet before the Sith Lord could finish her off and secure his victory, as the saber strike came swinging down...it only sliced through empty air, the person who had just been there vanishing in an instant. Not even the power of the force let him sense her any longer. Confusion briefly ran through him, masked head tilting slightly in either direction before his lightsaber receded with a hiss and he turned on his heel. 

Alerys was just as confused or perhaps even more so. Where she was now, she could not say. The surroundings were not like the sandy arena where she had battled Shepard, or the militaristic designs of that starship's hallways. In fact, there were no surroundings. From what she could tell, she was standing in nothing but empty space. Nothing but sheer, stark whiteness that stretched out as far as the eye could see. "W-what is this??" 

A place where we can converse alone.

The voice was no longer in her mind, instead seeming to come from everywhere around her. The vague shape of a humanoid formed before her, hazy and seemingly constructed from fog. "Or I could just tell you to leave me alone, and attack you if you refuse." Alerys glared at the shadowy figure.

Please. We all know you are smarter than that. Assaulting an incorporeal figure is an exercise in futility. 

"...Fuck." 

...You have grown fond of that word. 

"What can I say, learning new things is what makes my life a joy." Her smile was unapologetic, but it quickly faded back to a scowl. "Now, normally I'm all for spending time discussing things at length and making new friends, but I've already come to recognize that I really don't like you. Doubt much you could say could change that, so instead of talking about this, how about you just get to saying whatever you brought me here for." 

As you wish. Twice now, you have lost to beings that are, shall we say, significantly more technologically advanced than yourself. Perhaps we were in error to choose matches in that regard, moreso in putting you in the second's grasp and giving him homefield advantage. So with that in mind, we have decided to pick the next round of our entertainment as someone that seems more your type. More than that, this time you will be the one given the advantage of home. 

"Wait, stop! I do not desire to fight any more--"

Just as with Vader, the last Dragonborn disappeared an instant. 

Apologies. We didn't catch that. There was a vague hint of sarcasm in there, though none were left to hear it.

-------------------------------------

"--of your chosen individuals, simply for your entertainment!" Alerys finished, her mouth still moving before her brain caught up and she realized she was no longer in that place. More than that, she recognized where she now was with but a single look. Even if she had not, the others would have brought her up to speed on her surroundings very quickly. A chorus of voices rang out immediately even before her nerves settled. 

"My Thane!"

"Harbinger!"

"Arch-mage!"

Before she could even turn to look their way, Lydia had enveloped Alerys in a comforting hug. "I'm glad you are back." She was so taken aback by the hug that anything Alerys tried to say was nothing more than confused stuttering. Lydia pressed her advantage, the relieved smile and warm hug vanishing in an instant and the lethal bodyguard and friend pulling Stormborn into a weird suplex of sorts, taking her down to the floor. "IDIOT! WHAT DID I SAY?? I TOLD YOU WHAT YOU WERE DOING WAS UNBELIEVEABLY, RECKLESSLY DANGEROUS!" 

"...Now that's more like it. There's the Lydia I know." Alerys let out in between groans of pain. The others could only smile and heartily laugh at the scene.

"Do I look to be in a joking mood?!" A fist raised, ready to punch her lord for being so infuriating and foolish. 

Alerys flinched, some of the color draining from her face. "Hold on, wait, don't!" She pleaded, to no avail. That blow and more struck, though they were more of the frustrated friend trying to smack some sense into you variety than somebody genuinely trying to inflict lasting harm. When at last Lydia ceased those(but not the heavy frown directed towards the Dovahkiin), Alerys took the opportunity to get up. 

One of her fellow mages from the College of Winterhold stepped closer then. "Excuse me, madam, but what was that you were talking about when you appeared here once more?"

"Oh, that." The dragonborn dusted herself off. "It's...a bit of a long story. You all may wish to get comfortable." 

Some time later, all of them were gathered around a table, generous helpings of deer and crops and the finest Nordish mead scattered across it. As Alerys Stormborn had predicted, the mages both looked intrigued at the idea of crossing across realms in that manner. Normally that was the work of Daedric Lords or the gods alone. Vilkas, for his part, just had more hearty laughs. "Sounded like they were worthy challenges! A shame that the Companions could not join you on this, Harbinger."

Lydia on the other hand, her expression betrayed the skepticism she was currently feeling. "What if I said I don't believe you?"

One hand shot up to her mouth as Alerys let out a mocking gasp. "Dear Lydia, are you saying I am a liar? The very idea...disgraceful!"

Her warrior bodyguard remained unfazed, arms still crossed over her chest. "I feel you could very well be, to have us not be as worried as we should be, or...to make up a grand tale to embellish your prowess and impress us." An eyebrow raised, the shadow of a knowing smirk flashing across Lydia's face. 

"Hey!" Alerys objected. "I don't do that."

"Yes you do." 

"No, I don't!"

"Yes, my liege, you do!" 

Alerys's silver eyes looked towards the others. "Guys, back me up here! I don't do that, right?" 

The two other mages exchanged glances. "...Do you think I should be honest?" One asked, the other quick to shake his head. "Lie lie lie lie lie lie." He encouraged. Vilkas was no better, swiftly contributing with: "Aye, you have said a tall tale once or twice before. Alerys crossed her arms with a frustrated huff, an almost childish pout on her face as she looked at all of them, before the figurative lightbulb in her head went off. The last Dragonborn shot out of her seat, hand suddenly pointed dramatically towards the ceiling.

"Wait, I can prove it!" 

There was a collective and noticeable pause around the table before Lydia spoke up again. "How's that?"

"Fuck."

"...Pardon?"

"Fuck! It's the word I learned from Shepard, you know, the first one?"

All the others traded looks again before they spoke in unison. "Now that certainly sounds made up. A made up word." 

"B-but it isn't!" Alerys replied with a frown, pleading with her eyes for them to believe her. "It is an obscene word!"

"You can't prove that." One of the mages pointed out.

"...Well, you can't disprove it." 

"That's not how--"

"Enough." Lydia chimed in. "Do you have any more proof? Preferably of the more tangible kind?" 

Alerys sighed. "Well, the voice did say another chosen challenger would show up here. At home. In Skyrim. But, of course, they weren't specific on the where and when." Lydia still seemed dubious at the vagueness of that proof, but that didn't escape Stormborn's notice. "I swear it's the truth! That's what they said, on my honor!"

After a few moments of silence, they all nodded. Despite their teasing and jesting, when push came to shove, the Dragonborn was a hero and one they all trusted. "We shall keep an eye out then." The group rose from the table as one, all heading out the door. Once outside, by the road, they separated. All involved started making their journeys back towards their own abodes. The two mages back to the College, Vilkas returning to Jorrvaskr, and Lydia and Alerys heading back to one of her homes in Rorikstead. 

It was a few days later, while Alerys and her bodyguard were having a grand old time relaxing after a long day of keeping their eyes and ears open. They were gathered in one of Whiterun's inns, and it was there that the news they had been waiting for seemed to arrive. A courier had ridden halfway across the province. Literally. The horse he had taken had fallen ill from sheer exhaustion, but he had reason for his hurried rush. The news he had to report, the information that Solitude, the capital of Skyrim, had fallen under siege...it instantly brought the festivities to a halt. More than a few people inside were sobered by the news. 

There were even rumors of one man, an extremely large dark armored individual, storming the Imperial fortress within the city by himself and slaying both General Tullius and Legate Rikke with ease, as well as most of the Legion forces garrisoned there.

That was troubling news, if it was to be believed, and Alerys felt like it was the challenger she had been told to expect. The next morning, she, Lydia, the Companions, the Imperial Legion forces stationed at Whiterun, and some of the town guard that Jarl Balgruuf could spare, they all started their trek up towards Solitude. At the same time, ravens flew to all the other holds and forts and towns within the province, carrying scrolls that explained the situation. They warned all to be prepared, vigilant...and to provide any aid they could manage, to meet up at the outskirts of the capital city. 

guess-whos-back-back-again.jpg

Now, this might not be exactly a fair match, but I thought it would be a really cool one to witness. 

Sauron does have his forces, and the Dovahkiin is going to try and muster their own, from the Imperial Legions/town guards/Stormcloak remnants/companions/mages/mercenaries scattered across Skyrim and the dragons she could summon to assist as well as daedra she could conjure up, but the Dragonborn is definitely going to go for pushing through the legions for a 1v1 with Sauron himself.

However that turns out, hope you guys enjoyed the read! : D

• Like 1

word count: 1,708

Very nice!  I can appreciate this because I've played so much Skyrim.  I enjoy the Skyrim Fan Fiction.

That said, I sure hope your Skyrim game is modded because I don't know if Vanilla Skyrim can hold out against Mordor.

Also, unless Alerys is rocking the Sword of Andúril, Sauron isn't taking her seriously.

But, what the heck, I'll vote for Skyrim because ... queue music video...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

word count: 1,708

Very nice!  I can appreciate this because I've played so much Skyrim.  I enjoy the Skyrim Fan Fiction.

That said, I sure hope your Skyrim game is modded because I don't know if Vanilla Skyrim can hold out against Mordor.

Also, unless Alerys is rocking the Sword of Andúril, Sauron isn't taking her seriously.

But, what the heck, I'll vote for Skyrim because ... queue music video...

the eternal mood

Appreciate the comment and the Skyrim love, and yeah my Skyrim is hella modded, it keeps me coming back so often. : D

It'll be a tough fight for sure. 

Glad to see this story of yours continue. And now we're back in Skyrim, which is a nice change of pace.

I think Skyrim can just barely pull out a win. It won't be easy but they will get plenty of forces on there side to fight Sauron. Maybe even the deities will play a part? That could be cool.

Nice set-up. I'd give you a nice rating, but I'll be competing shortly.

• Thanks 1

Awesome setup, I went back and read the other ones as well. The writing is great. I also like the tournament and how well you line it up linearly. I think for sure with some help the Dragonborn can take Sauron. Really good idea for a matchup, definitely a fight I can see playing out a little more than the Vader one.

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
DSkillz - CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2
Fox - CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
4 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 4 Total Votes
( (4 * 5) + (0 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 20 Total Stars Score
20 / 4 = 5.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
The Dragonborn: 3
Sauron: 6