Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match Showdown 02 - Yuno Gasai vs. Amaterasu

SSJRuss

The world went dark.

Yuno Gasai gripped Yuki’s hand as tight as she could, closing the portal to the world behind them. They tumbled to the ground, end over end, until landing beside one another.

The sky had returned. New shades of blue and white that were almost familiar. Green grass surrounded their bodies and contrasted the colors above. It was a painting come to life. She wondered if this made Yuki happy.

Yuno looked at the boy she cherished so much, only to see him in tears. She held his hand tighter.

She succeeded in the one thing she wanted most, Yuki alone with her. All to herself.

Yuki pulled away and stood. “What have you done?” He demanded.

Yuno watched him from her spot in the meadow. “Your universe collapsed, Yuki. I had to save you.”

“Save me?” Yuki wiped his eyes clean, "You closed the portal. You let everyone die!”

“Oh, Yuki…”, Yuno finally stood to face him. She wanted nothing more than to just hold him and explain how everything she had done was for him. How can he not see that?

If only her omnipresent mind could reach him like it did everything else--

CRACK

The snapping of a twig pushed Yuno into action. She pulled a blade from behind her back and stepped in front of Yuki, shielding him. He protested but Yuno focused solely on the danger before them.

A large, white wolf faced them with a tilted look. Like the world around them, it seemed to be painted. Brushstrokes seemed to emanate off of it's fur.

Yuno tensed as she noticed the sword sitting on its back.

"Yuki. We have to leave now."

"What?" He asked. "But Yuno--"

The wolf stepped closer. Yuno felt her divine power surge, creating another blade in her left hand.

"Don't you dare come near my Yuki!" She brandished her blade at the creature. It growled in response. Her omnipotence may not reach this wolf, but it's intentions were clear.

"Yuno don't. It won't harm us!" Yuki grabbed her arm, only for it to be brushed aside.

"Don't be naive, Yuki. This dog doesn't want us here. It wants to take you away from me."

As expected, the creature picked the sword off it's back and wielded in it's mouth.

“Yuno, please.” Yuki cried. “Let’s just leave like you said!”

“No," Yuno's grip tightened on her blades. "I've decided we're staying."

What happened next could not be seen by Yukiteru. He only saw Yuno and the wolf collide, but it was over in seconds. He hadn’t even blinked.

The meadow was now burnt away. The dirt unsettled and the painted sky looked torn through like a hole in a canvas. Yuki stared into the space they collided.

Standing before him was...

Goddess Yuno Gasai vs Amaterasu

Not the match I expected to write. Luckily I was given two characters with God like abilities so I think this fits. I'm more familiar with Yuno than I am Amaterasu so I'll have to refer to their respect threads to decide my vote.

And here's hoping I win this round against Versam lol

30 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

I might have to peruse through those threads myself. My knowledge of either of these two begins and ends with Amaterasu being in a Marvel vs. Capcom game.

Ah, Marvel vs. Capcom 3. What a time...

Yeah I never played Okami but I had friends that did and I played the crap out of him in MvC3. He was one of my main team along with Dante and Akuma.

Anyway, here are the threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/arvy2d/respect_yuno_gasai_mirai_nikki/

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/gg51fx/respect_amaterasu_okami/

King Gidorah can travel at trillions of times the speed of light, but that doesn't translate to his combat speed, only to the form he takes while searching out new biospheres to extinguish. It still takes him at least a day to life wipe a seemingly defenseless Mars. 

Amaterasu isn't the softest nut to crack, but most of her higher end abilities, altering the orbits of multiple celestial bodies galaxies apart, do not directly translate into combat. Still still fast, capable of some forms of teleportation, able to directly manipulate and indirectly produce exited particles for fire or electricity. She can rob areas of energy, effectively encasing them in ice. She can stimulate life where it should be impossible and make impossible fast growing and sturdy plants out of basically any visible space to root. She can slow the flow of time and manipulate her size to an extent. She cannot be burned, although she can still be moved by flames and can drown in lava...though the strength to swim through a non Newtonian fluid is nonetheless impressive...I want to root for Amaterasu here. I know Okami and don't know Future Diary. But night omnipresence leading to an ability to appear pretty much anywhere in the universe at will as well as outright time stoppage? Those two abilities might just give Yuno Gasai the win. While no "realistic" human with a 35 MPH spring, an eight hundred pound bench press, low super sonic at best weaponry and few inch thick armor should have any chance against Amaterasu, while she really shouldn't have two much trouble with artillery, several mortals in Okami are able to give her a good fight, and Gasai seems like one mortal. Amaterasu's best chance to me seems to be simply abusing brush techniques, assuming Gasai has no real way of interrupting them while in progress, and hopefully finishing the fight before Gasai can use a time stop or banish her to a pocket universe.