Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Tournament - Dovahkiin vs. Darth Vader

C.T.

"...no...."

It was a soft, quiet, subdued whisper that hissed out from between Alerys Stormborn's lips. The young Dragonborn laid there, defeated, as the victorious Commander Shepard stood above her. Yet the experienced soldier did not look the least bit proud of that fact. If anything, her expression was just as distraught as Alerys's. From what they had been told, then that meant the mage would die, and her universe with it. Shepard had barely met the girl, had never seen the world from which she came, but even so, Shepard knew they didn't deserve that fate. But what could they do--

"CONGRATULATIONS! WE HAVE A WINNER!" The mysterious announcer's voice echoed through the arena, drowning out their thoughts and bitterly reminding them of the crowds around them. "Now, as for the prizes...the winner gets to return home at this time--"

"WHAT ABOUT THE LOSER, YOU BASTARDS?!?"

Shepard lifted her head up, eyes burning red hot and face twisted with rage. If looks could kill, her glare right now would have disintegrated them all. But even that righteous anger faltered at the announcer's reply.

"Why, she gets to get home too. Eventually."

"W-what?" Both Shepard and Stormborn questioned, though the former had more of a distrustful edge to it, while the latter had a quietly optimistic tone in hers.

"We were never going to destroy any universes. In fact, what we showed you earlier to motivate you into fighting? Utterly fake. We simply wanted the entertainment." 

"Then...what's to stop me from taking you apart and bringing down this whole arena for being an asshole?" Shepard growled, voice guttural and harsh.  

"Oh, you know. This."

And before she could do a thing about it, before she could even take one step forward, both Shepard's and Alerys's bodies began to glow. Their surroundings warped too, and the next thing they knew, they were both elsewhere. Shepard was back on the captain's cabin of her ship, she recognized it immediately. As well as the girlish yelp as Kasumi Goto jumped back in surprise at Shepard's spontaneous reappearance, the cloaked girl landing painfully on her rear and decloaking in the shock. "...Shep?"

"Kasumi...what are you doing in here?"

"Well...being me." She gave an unapologetic shrug and smirk, pushing herself off the ground. "But nevermind that Shep, where have you been?"

"That's...a bit of a story."

------------------------

Alerys, on the other hand, where she ended up was completely unfamiliar. A hallway, all light gray and polished and shining bright with white light. She had ended up on a spacecraft as well but she was unaware of that. Or what a spacecraft even was, truthfully. Yet before she could get her bearings, a familiar voice echoed. Not in her ears, as before, but now within her mind itself. 

We hope that was not too disorienting, the announcer started, but we very much couldn't have you wreck the place. That simply wouldn't do. However, you can still entertain us through remote viewing, yes yes indeed.

"IS THAT REALLY ALL YOU CARE ABOUT?" Alerys spat, exasperated. 

Correct!

The young Dovahkiin rolled her eyes and sighed. Despite her anger and annoyance at that man, as she glanced around she was more inclined to ask questions rather than rage at him. "Where did you send me, anyhow?" 

We believe they call it The Executor, if we're not mistaken.

"And that is?" She questioned as she began to stride down the hallway. Despite everything, her inquisitive nature began to poke through the negative moods. Though she would never admit it to these...assholes, as Shepard would have described them, Alerys Stormborn had a degree of appreciation for getting to live new experiences. 

A starship. 

".......Like a boat in space?" 

An apt description. You are a clever one.

"I do my best." She sounded humble but the proud grin she wore conflicted with that image somewhat. 

There was another reply in her head but she really didn't pay attention enough to catch it among all the other thoughts now running through her mind. How this thing worked, what it was made of, that sort of thing. The potential for such knowledge...she had to have it. "Oh what's that?!" She suddenly exclaimed, pointing and dashing up to a thing positively filled with bright lights and buttons. So excited was she, it was like she was a six year old kid at their favorite candy store. 

That is a console. The distant response came. "A console...magnificent." She breathed out in an awe-inspired manner. What exactly that meant, she didn't quite comprehend just yet, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was that she was committed to finding out! 

She didn't get the chance. 

"Hey! Who are you?!"

"Huh?" Her head snapped up, attention drawn from the console and messy blonde hair shaking as silver eyes turned to look down the way the sudden voice came from. 

Stormtrooper_(Star_Wars).png

"I said, who are you?"

"...Would you accept the answer of: you likely wouldn't believe me if I told you?" Alerys's eyes widened to a degree, as did her smile, doing her best to portray the epitome of innocence. From what she'd seen of Shepard, if she had to guess that weapon in his hands would be a dangerous weapon. She had no idea if that worked on the man, she couldn't see his expression behind that helmet.

That is, she initially didn't know if it worked. She got the confirmation when he aggressively approached her...and moreso when he was suddenly joined by several others in matching armor. "Okay stranger, you're coming with us."

"I don't suppose you mean to a friendly meeting."

"No, to the brig." 

"...Right." And then she said something none of them understood, but she was gone in the blink of an eye. The shout of a dragon got her out from their threatening surrounding of her and down a different hallway to her relief. "Thank you whirlwind sprint. If you had a tangible form I would kiss you." 

She trekked along this hallway, far more cautiously about it as she kept her eyes open for more consoles and more of those guys in white armor. She didn't get too far before a ringing alarm bounced off the walls of the starship and put all of the many, many people aboard on high alert. "Not good." She winced. 

That was confirmed when another group ran around a corner, caught sight of her and immediately opened fire. Blasts of red began to singe the wall behind her and she attacked right back, a mystical bolt of lightning erupting out of her palm and catching one of the guys in center mass, dropping him. To her surprise, the rest immediately turned tail after that display, dashing back the way they came. 

"Oh crap!" 

"She's a Sith Lord!"

"They don't pay us enough for this, man!" 

"GO GO GO!"

"Run!"

Alerys was left scratching her head in confusion as they retreated. What was that? What did they mean, what were those words...she thought aloud to herself, and then directed at the voice she was sure was listening: And where in oblivion did you send me???

Somewhere to provide the entertainment we seek. 

The mage groaned. I hate you.

You're about to hate us even more.

What does that mean?

The real entertainment is about to show up.

Just as the distant yells of the retreating stormtroopers faded out of hearing range, a new sound arrived to replace it. A heavy, oppressive sounding...breathing?

That didn't sound great. Quite the opposite in fact. She couldn't narrow down where the sound was coming from though. Not until another distinct sound joined it, and part of the grey hallway lit up with red. Alerys turned and spotted a man far more intimidating looking than the guys in white. This man was dressed head to toe in dark eerie black and in his hand was something she did not recognize but seemed like some kind of blade. And he was tall too! Like freakishly so!!! Even Farkas would likely be towered over by the man!!!

"...Hello?" She ventured. 

The man didn't say a word back. The only response was that the red blade in his hand suddenly shot out of his hand, spinning like a top as it flew over towards her. One didn't have to be as smart as Alerys Stormborn to get the gist of that. This guy was most definitely not going to be as friendly as Shepard had been.

"FUS RO DAH!" 

The shout of the dragonborn mage overwhelmed the telekinetic test of the Sith Lord, sending the lightsaber flying back in Vader's direction and likewise knocked the cyborg himself back, boots skidding along the polished floor, He stayed standing though, and like the stormtroopers before him, it was impossible to gauge his mood through facial expression. Even his body language betrayed nothing. After a few moments he raised a gloved fist, and Alerys felt a sudden pressure yanking her forward towards him, just as he raised his blade to impale her when she came in. 

She managed to get a spell off literally just in time and split-seconds before she would have been impaled, the mage teleported out of that grip. 

And popped back into existence up near the ceiling directly above the man. His helmet rose up to stare at her, as if he had never lost track of her. That was fine by her, that just meant he got an eyeful of another fus ro dah. This time the dragonshout flattened the man against the floor with the force of it, and gravity took Alerys down to land right on the man's back. She wasted no time before she took off sprinting away down the hall, briefly hazarding a glance backward--

"Eeeeeeeek!" She yelped, ducking her head down as the blade spun over her harmlessly mid-sprint. 

Here we are, ladies and gentleman! Another match begins! The announcer's voice grated like mental fingernails on a mental chalkboard inside her mind.

Why is it violence that entertains you so much? Why can't it just be the shared spirit of knowledge? Of the opportunity to learn??? That's just as exciting, I assure you! Alerys mentally screamed back as she hurriedly conjured up a couple dremora to delay Vader. Their booming voices echoed through the halls.

"I honor my lord by destroying you!"

"A challenger is near!"

Incorrect. This is far more enjoyable.

You have no way to comprehend how wrong that is. Or how much I hate you.

We know. AND WE DON'T CARE! She could practically hear the smug in those words. 

HERE WE HAVE IT, FOLKS! THE CHAMPION OF KNOWLEDGE AND MAGIC, ALERYS STORMBORN! AND HER OPPONENT, BROUGHT TO YOU BY REMOTE VIEWING AND OUR SPONSORSHIP, THE FEARSOME MASTER OF THE FORCE, DARTH VADER!

...WHAT THE FUCK IS THE FORCE?!?

She could get used to that word. Thank you, Shepard.

o4isIJw.png

She's back again, dudes! Wanted to do a continuation of the last tourney match I did and wasn't feeling the horror one but with this freestyle month, I'm all for it. : D 

So here we have it! Who will win, who will lose, will Alerys ever get back to her own world? Let's find out!

Also, by the word counter I used, this is 1,804 words. Cutting it close, heh heh.

• Like 1

Appreciate the vote and comment. : )

And yeah, while there are several who would prevail over Vader in the Star Wars universe and some easily so, he is still among the most mighty there. Still, I wouldn’t underestimate the Dragonborn, they defeated Alduin the World Eater, a being very capable of fighting and winning against any Daedric Prince(he even gave birth to one) and that’s pretty powerful in its own right. With all that magic and power, Alerys might be able to give Vader a surprising good fight. 

In the Skyrim video game, the Dovahkin could be whatever the player wanted it to be.  From a brutish warrior to a sneaky thief to a mage.

I like your take on the character and the personality that you give the character in the matches you've made.  It's cute. 

• Thanks 1

Great match. I've give you 5 star, but I'll be competing soon. So sorry bud.

This is great and unexpected though. I liked the last part quite a lot and think this is a fun way to continue. The match is hard to call though. Darth Vader could just choke her out with the force, but she's got lightening that could really fuck up Vader's suit. He could overcome that, sure, but he would need to understand his opponent better. If he plays with her some more and figures out all of her little spells and tricks, then he'll get the better of her and end it.

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
Fox - CBUB Match Judge : 4 Stars x 2
CBUB Member : Join date after Dec. 31 2019. Not counted.
patrickthekid - CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2
DSkillz - CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
4 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 Total Votes
( (4 * 5) + (2 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 28 Total Stars Score
28 / 6 = 4.67 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Dovahkiin: 1
Darth Vader: 6

3 hours ago, C.T. said:

Oof, sorry Alerys, that's gonna sting real bad. 

Dude...

Darth Vader

CBUB Wins: 85
CBUB Losses: 15
Win Percentage: 85.00%

There was no chance here.

Now, I do like the character and how you are developing it.  But this match-up seemed really random to me.

I think I would have preferred seeing the character move back to a Fantasy setting match and spent more time with the character in that milieu.  Seems like she's a puppet on a string to these Arena entities, though.

Anyways, hopefully we'll see her again.  And, hopefully, she'll get released from being teleported around to random encounters with CBUB's Deadliest Characters.

4 hours ago, Fox said:

Dude...

Darth Vader

CBUB Wins: 85
CBUB Losses: 15
Win Percentage: 85.00%

There was no chance here.

Now, I do like the character and how you are developing it.  But this match-up seemed really random to me.

I think I would have preferred seeing the character move back to a Fantasy setting match and spent more time with the character in that milieu.  Seems like she's a puppet on a string to these Arena entities, though.

Anyways, hopefully we'll see her again.  And, hopefully, she'll get released from being teleported around to random encounters with CBUB's Deadliest Characters.

Oh I was just making a little joke...this was definitely going to be an uphill battle for her. It's Darth frigging Vader, natch. And she's on his ship, with his army all around, lol. Maybe the guys doing this just like seeing extreme pain. 😛 

As for what happens next...

look out coming soon GIF by Spotify