Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Match 15136 Scarlet (FF7) vs. Elexis Sinclaire

JohnnyChany

reeve3.jpg.391c763e165cf189d63f8751a8496181.jpg

Reeve Tuesti, director of Urban Development for the Shinra Electric Power Company, sat at his desk considering his career choices. He had worked at Shinra for a long time and was able to climb his way as high as he could through hard work. He, along with Shinra’s other four directors, were in charge of large sections of the global business empire and were the only ones with direct access to the president himself. He was very well paid and that afforded him the opportunity to live a comfortable life that most in Midgar could only dream about. 

Still, at this moment, Reeve wondered if he had made a mistake. Shinra had always been a shady organization. They took advantage of a gullible populace and put down with force anyone who questioned their position. They acted as the government and even had their own military. Professor Hojo, in particular, was guilty of preying upon the poorest in Midgar, using them for his science experiments. Up until now, Reeve never thought too much about these things. He had justified his position as a positive reflection of himself rather than the negative consequences it might have for others. He was secure in his belief that everyone was out for themselves and would all kill to be in his position. What the president and other directors did was none of his business, as long as he did his job well. 

That mentality was beginning to change. It started when the now deceased former President Shinra elected to drop an entire city plate on the Sector 7 slums, killing thousands of innocent people. All in an effort to stamp out the rebel faction, Avalanche, and then use them as scapegoats for the incident to build up support for Shinra. It made Reeve physically ill just thinking about it. Would President Shinra’s son, Rufus, do better now that he was in charge?

Reeve’s thought process was interrupted by a knock on his office door. Before he could say anything, the door swung open and the Director of Weapons Development, Scarlet, sashayed into his office. She was followed by two Shinra grunts. One stood by the door and the other one was down on all fours, crawling behind her. She sat on the chair opposite of Reeve and lifted her feet, the grunt crawled underneath her legs to act as a human footstool.

497864700_scarletchair.thumb.jpg.1299dcd98e09798ac230121f6f23ffcf.jpg

It made Reeve very uncomfortable when Scarlet did things like this. He wasn’t sure if the soldiers were ordered to do this or if they volunteered, he also wasn’t sure which possibility disgusted him more.

“Reeve, how are you doing today?” asked Scarlet.

“Scarlet. What brings you to my side of the building?” Reeve wondered.

Scarlet smirked. “I am sure you’ve heard the news. Rufus fired Hojo.”

“What?”

“Rufus claims that Hojo is to blame for his father’s death. Hojo had that ragrag group of Avalanche misfits in his lab and failed to eliminate them,” Scarlet explained.

Reeve furrowed his brow. “But the President was killed by Sephi..”

Scarlet interrupted. “Just between you and me I think Rufus was always planning to axe that creepy little gremlin regardless. I don’t think he trusts him. I don’t blame Rufus. It was clear to everyone that Hojo was always hiding something,”

Reeve was not sorry to see the professor go. But, he was still confused as to why Scarlet would come to his office to gossip about it, that wasn’t typically her style.

“He is up there finishing an interview with Hojo’s potential replacement,” Scarlet continued. “I have already met her and Rufus would be making a huge mistake by bringing her on board. I am worried that is exactly what he is planning to do.”

“What does that have to do with me?” Reeve inquired.

Scarlet snapped her fingers and the soldier standing by the doorway brought her a manilla folder. She placed it on Reeve’s desk. “You are widely considered to be a reasonable man, Reeve. I want you to talk him out of it. For all of our sakes.”

Reeve looked through the file on Elexis Sinclaire.

-Brilliant geneticist

-Former CEO of pharmaceutical company, SinTEK Industries

-Credited with helping to come up with a drug that slows aging

-Has known ties to organized crime

Reeve glanced over at the attached picture of a beautiful woman with a sinister smile and pronounced cleavage.

“The men of the Shinra family certainly appear to have a type,” said Reeve.

This assertion angered Scarlet. “Are you implying that there is a parallel between us? How dare you. Nothing could be further from the truth. She is obviously trying too hard.No self respecting scientist should dress like that. She is obviously trying to distract everyone from her true motives.”

“Are you threatened by her?” asked Reeve.

“Not in the least. My concerns are for the continued success of Shinra. Keep looking through that file. Look at the monstrosities she has brought into this world,” Scarlet insisted.

Reeve flipped through a few more pages and was confronted with pictures of horrific and grotesque creatures.

“Could you imagine her bringing that horrid filth into our building?” said Scarlet.

“I don’t imagine it would be too different from the gnarly abominations that would usually frequent Hojo’s lab,” Reeve reasoned.

“Hojo had some questionable side projects, but his main focus was breeding super soldiers” Scarlet slammed her finger on the pictures. “This woman’s main focus is breeding monsters.”

“I am sure the new president would keep her focused on Shinra’s objectives,” said Reeve.

Scarlet scowled and kicked her human footstool. She then stood up to leave. “This meeting is over. I was hoping this wouldn’t be a complete waste of time. But, you never fail to disappoint, Reeve.”

Scarlet sauntered out of the office followed by her two Shinra grunts. A half smile appeared on Reeve’s face. He did not entirely disagree with Scarlet, but he was amused to see the usually unflappable woman so agitated. 

Reeve returned to his work. He spent a few hours on his modified reconstruction plan for Sector 7, before he was interrupted again. This time his visitor didn’t even finish knocking before waltzing into his office. It was the woman from the picture, Elexis Sinclaire.

757full-elexis-sinclaire.jpg.4be13157998134512b0b5bb032a5311a.jpg

“Pardon for the intrusion, I just thought it would be a good idea for me to meet the other directors. My name is Elexis Sinclaire,” she announced.

“Yes. I have read your file. I am Reeve Tuesti, head of Urban Development.” Reeve stood up to shake her hand. “Does this mean you were offered the job?”

After a brief handshake the two sat back down.

“Not officially. I am sure at this point it is just a formality,” said Elexis.

“If that is the case, then welcome aboard,” stated Reeve.

Elexis looked around Reeve’s office. “This is quite the building you guys have here.”

Reeve nodded. “I have always thought of it as a modern marvel of architecture. I am sure SinTEK’s headquarters weren’t too shabby.”

“It was nice, but nothing like this. We certainly did not have our own army.” Elexis chuckled to herself and said under her breath “At least not an official one.”

“As a former CEO, are you sure you will be comfortable in a role that will expect you to answer to someone else?” Reeve questioned.

“At SinTEK I always felt pressure to answer to the narrow minded mainstream science community. I relish the opportunity to be rid of that. I know my place.” Elexis uncrossed and then crossed her legs again in a suggestive manner. “And I am always willing to put in the work.”

“Professor Hojo has some pretty big shoes to fill,” said Reeve.

Elexis scoffed. “From what I have seen of his work, I would say he is a third rate scientist cribbing off the work of his predecessor. A man who foolishly looked at the past to improve the present. I am all about the future and our evolution, I am a visionary!”

Reeve glanced back at the pictures of monsters on his desk. “If that is the future you are envisioning then I’d much rather live in the past.”

Elexis stood back up, her plastic smile was quickly fading. “People fear what they do not understand, they always have. I look forward to showing you just how misguided that fear is.”

Elexis exited Reeve’s office and he was left alone one once again to focus on his work. Not even an hour later, Reeve was interrupted a third time. This time it was his secretary’s voice over his phone.

“Someone is here to see you, sir,” she announced.

“Tell them I have left for the day. I will not be distracted from this anymore, I need to come up with a good reconstruction plan for the president. His father would not listen to me, but maybe he will,” said Reeve.

“It is President Rufus that is here to see you sir,” she informed.

“Oh,” Reeve stammered. “Please let him in.”

A moment later, Rufus entered Reeve's office in his white suit. Reeve stood up to greet him.

“What can I do for you, sir?” asked Reeve.

“How is the Cait Sith project coming along?” Rufus inquired.

“Very well, sir. The cameras are being installed into the cat doll as we speak,” answered Reeve.

“Excellent,” replied Rufus. “I can’t wait to see this thing in action. I am sure the data it collects on Cloud and his party will be well worth the time and energy put into creating it,” Rufus then segued into the real reason for his visit. “I take it you have met Elexis Sinclaire?”

“Yes. She came in here earlier and introduced herself.”

“What is your take on her?” Rufus asked.

Reeve was shocked that Rufus was asking for his opinion on this matter. “She seems….confident.”

“Yes. That was made very clear during her interview. She offers something different, something fresh. Shinra squeezed all the usefulness out of Hojo that we could. All of his greatest achievements were mostly due to Professor Gast and it was obvious to me Hojo had nothing else of value to give. Elexis Sinclaire’s ideas are intriguing at the very least. However, if I brought her on board I would have to get rid of Scarlet,” Rufus took notice of the confused expression on Reeve’s face. “It was quickly evident during their brief interactions in the hallway that these two women cannot coexist here. They are too similar. It would be a nightmare. I can already picture the factions of sad lonely Shinra employees being manipulated into taking sides in a ridiculous civil war. I can’t have that.”

“So you would just get rid of Scarlet?” asked Reeve.

“That is the conundrum. I want to take Shinra in a new direction, but too much of a radical change would be unwise. Shinra has always been a well oiled machine. Replacing two of the five directors simultaneously would cause some unrest within the company and could leave us vulnerable for an extended period of time. On the other hand, some chinks in the Shinra armor were just recently exposed when Cloud and his cohorts managed to infiltrate and escape the Shinra building largely unscathed. Some of that responsibility has to fall on Scarlet’s lap. As head of Weapons Development she failed to develop a weapon capable of putting Cloud down. That is inexcusable, last I checked he wasn’t Sephiroth. Does that mean she will be more motivated than ever to create the ultimate weapon? I just don’t know.”

“If you are giving me permission to speak candidly sir, then I think either woman would stab you in the back given the right opportunity,” Reeve offered.

Rufus laughed. “I am well aware. Scarlet may have been able to hide her ambition from my father behind her fake smile and red satin dress, but not from me. Elexis, for her part, is practically bursting with ego. But, people like this can be valuable tools as long as you know how to handle them right. Hmmm, which one do I choose?”

Reeve was dumbstruck that this responsibility appeared to be thrown on him. Rufus took note of his discomfort.

“Don’t get me wrong, I am not giving you final say. Just wanted to pick your brain. You are perhaps the only unbiased director I have. Heidegger has a deep seeded contempt for Scarlet and is too much of a yes man, and Palmer was so smitten when he met Elexis that I am sure he would be her doormat if she wanted him to. So, what do you think?”

Final-Fantasy-VII-1.jpg.c8c4a4fb621339d4fa03c86edc5e6640.jpg

12 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I thought a battle between evil babe baddies with serious domme energy would drum up some interest, but I suppose the setup would only make sense if you like ff7

Good battle actually. Didn't have much to comment on and there is a lot to comment on these days.

I like FF7 and think Scarlet is a pretty good character overall. I don't know Elexis but I get the sense of her character and from what I see, I give this to Scarlet.