Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Match 8850 Odin vs. The Hulk

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

Prologue The chaos of war plagued the realms thousands of years ago. Asgard and Jotunheim fought through the realms and the worlds around. The battles became legendary and devastating. The warriors of Asgard were powerful warriors, but so were the Frost Giants. Odin, King of Asgard, finally defeated the leader of the Giants. A battle erupted between Odin and Laufey, but Odin was more powerful than any warrior on either side. He defeated the King of the Frost Giants, and thus ended the devastating war. After defeating Laufey, Odin noticed baby under the rubble of Jotunheim. A baby that seemed innocent and did not seem like he was meant for this world. He was small for a baby Frost Giant. Odin took the child from the rubble and adopted him as his own. He called the young boy Loki. At the time, Odin did not know that Loki was not a baby. He was the son of Laufey and he was a child. Laufey disowned him because of his size. He was runt and he severely beaten by his own father. Loki might have been a young child, but he remembered. He remembered what his father did to him, and he remembered the one who murdered his father. As time passed, Odin lost his eye to Mimir in exchange for the power of wisdom. Odin watched as his sons changed from the closest of allies to the worst of enemies. He had to make decisions that put him into a state of grief. He banished his oldest son, Thor, to Midgard. He was proud when his son proved worthy of his power, and he was proud when his son returned. He did not expect the return to come at the consequence of another looming war. Loki rose an army from the darkest corners of the realms, and marched into Asgard. The King of Asgard was in his Odinsleep, and could not lead his armies. Thor; along with the Warriors Three, Sif, and Balder led the armies of Asgard against the Trickster. After waking up from his Odinsleep, Odin finally learned the truth from his adoptive son. Loki said that he always knew what had happen all those years ago. He declared that one day he would return with an enemy that would prove too much for Thor and maybe too much for Odin himself. Chapter 1. The Anger inside the Heart For many years, Bruce Banner had been living in exile. He moved from state to state, trying to find peace. Everywhere he went, something happened that brought out the rage within him. He did whatever he could to keep that rage from overpowering him. He lived in several places; monasteries, churches, and cheap motel rooms. He wanted to live in peace, but he had to keep running. He ran from everyone that seemed suspicious. He knew he could not get caught by the people who wanted to use the rage inside of him as a weapon. If this weapon were to be released, it could be more devastating than any nuclear weapon. After many years of living in exile and running from country to country, Banner had learned how to survive on his own. He had learned how to speak multiple languages, and has learned how to maintain a state of stability. He wakes up every morning and watches as the sun rises. He closes his eyes and reflects back on the days he had spent with Betty. If only she were there now, everything would be much better. He knew he would never be able to see her again. He knew if he did see her, he would be hunted down by the General. That life was gone. Now he lives as a farmer's hand. He does whatever can for whatever pay he can get. In his mind, this will be his life until the days have come for him to lay down and die. Bruce Banner, now calling himself David, worked on a ranch in South America. The man who own the ranch, Felipe, allowed him to stay in a building on the ranch. Banner did not have to pay rent, but he had to work sun up to sun down. He was given little pay, but he was given free meals. He didn't mind the pay, as long as he got something to eat and a place to live. Felipe was a kind and honest man. He had a nine year old son and a fear year old daughter. He also had a beautiful wife. All of them enjoyed Bruce and they befriended him very quickly. The young boy, Juan, usually went out to ranch to help Banner. He would talk and laugh with the "daddy's ranch help." He always enjoyed talking to David, and Bruce did not mind the company. After several years of running from the rage within him and the General, David finally felt at peace. ***** It had been several months since Loki had waged war against Asgard. He had traveled across the realms searching for something, something that could defeat Thor. He was searching for something that could even defeat Odin himself. He had finally reached realm of Midgard. "Pitiful.", he said under his breath. "They are all worthless maggots.", he thought as he walked across a busy street. No one noticed the Trickster with long sharp horns over his head, but the Trickster's eyes moved in all directions. He saw people reading newspapers, which spoke of heroes in the world. "Iron Man Stops Major Terror Threat in Middle East". "Spider-Man Saves the Day Again!". There were numerous articles about these "superheroes, but Loki did not care. He knew none of them of go against Thor, and he knew that they did not have the power to take on his brother. Finally, he decided to look in the most secret of places. "Mischief and lies,", he said under his breath with a smile, "I can't believe your keeping this from the world." *****As he gazed upon Asgard, he grieved at the thought of having to wage war against his own son. Thor walked over toward his father. Odin glanced back at his oldest son, who had just returned from Midgard. "How is Midgard?", Odin asked even though he already knew that it was safe from harm. "Midgard is safe Father. I searched for Loki, but I could not find him." Thor declared as he stood beside his father. "It hurts me now that we have to fight this war. This war that Loki has plagued his with." Odin said as he closed his eye. "I do not wish to fight my brother, but if the lives of the innocent are threatened. Then we have no choice.", Thor said as he looked out at Asgard. "I know the day will come when Loki will be held accountable for his actions. His mischief and deceit fooled even me. When I banished you from Asgard, I thought Loki would take my place. I was wrong. I was wrong for banishing you. I can't be wrong again. Not for sake of Asgard.", Odin said as he glanced at Thor. "You were right for banishing me Father. I was wreck less and foolish. I was greedy and arrogant, but what you did for me helped me. I am not ready to be king, but I am learning to be as wise as you are now.", Thor replied. Odin put his hand on Thor's shoulder, and replied, "The day is near". ***** This day was longer than any other. The heat was almost unbearable, but Bruce managed to finish his work. As he was about to put away the supplies, he glanced at Felipe's house. Through the window, he saw a happy family. A family he wished he could of had with Betty. He turned and put the farming equipment away. As he was heading to his house, he fell on his face. He felt a power force of heat behind him. He turned and saw that the house was engulfed in flames. "No!", Bruce yelled as he the house became nothing but fire. The family that he had grown to love was now a pile of burning ash. Helicopters swarmed all around him, and tanks started to appear all over the area. Bruce fell to his knees as he felt the rage burning inside of him. All of a sudden, everything went black. He woke in an alleyway. At first he didn't know where he was, but he saw a paper that took his breath away. "What?", he said under his breath as his eyes moved in all directions. He saw it before him, the University, in which he used to work. "How can this be?", he said to himself. Suddenly, he saw the woman that had been haunting his heart ever since he left. Betty walked with a group of people into one of the buildings. Bruce started walking away. He looked for any newspaper to see if he had made headline. "How could I have been that thing for this long?", he said under his breath. He tried to remember the last thing that happened to him. "Felipe.", he said. He heard a noise behind him, and turned to see the same military vehicles that destroyed Felipe's house. "No! Please no!", Bruce yelled as he started to run. He heard an angelic voice behind him, and he turned to see Betty looking at him with tears. He stopped, trying to make the decision whether he should return to her or continue running. As he was about to turn around, he saw Betty being crush with debris. "No!", Bruce yelled as he fell to his knees in rage. He saw the images of Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, and another warrior. One that wielded a hammer and a suit that seemed as if it belonged to the middle ages. The world around him started turning dark and everything went black.***** Heimdall watched over the bifrost and the nine realms. Heimdall was often called the perfect warrior, because he never left his post. He never stopped fulfilling his duty. "Odinson, you have come to hear news.", Heimdall said as he continued to look out at the bifrost. "I have.", Thor replied as he started walking toward the keeper of the bifrost. "Your brother is full of trickery and mischief. I have not heard or seen anything that resembles Loki.", Heimdall replied. "Father says the day is near.", Thor said with a sigh. "There is a day coming from the horizon. A day that Midgard and Asgard both will need your help. A day that will become your decision.", Heimdall said as he continued to keep watch. "I hope this day does not come.", Thor said. "Hope is a great aspect for a king, but being ready is much greater.", Heimdall replied. Thor left Heimdall and headed to speak with his closest friends.***** His eyes moved in all directions, but he did not recognize this place. It did not look anything on Earth. Everything seemed different; the sculptures, the land, and the sky. It was nothing like he was used to seeing everyday. Bruce Banner staggered around, trying to grasp the area, but it was so much different then his home. He heard a voice behind him. A voice he thought was cool and friendly. He turned around and saw a smaller man in the corner of his eyes. "Hello there.", the man said with a smile. "Who are you? Where am I?", Bruce asked as he turned his attention to his surroundings. "I'm just a man like you, and you are on a place called Asgard.", the man said with cheerful smile. "Asgard.", Bruce said under his breath. "Bullshit.", he said in disbelief. "Asgard is very real and you are here now.", the man replied. "Why?", Bruce asked as he turned his attention back to the man. "You, like myself, have been wronged. The love of your life was slaughtered by these heroes that reside on Earth, but one of them is here now. He is the son of Odin. He is Thor.", the man said. "I am not here for revenge. If I loose control, then it could mean bad things.", Bruce replied. "Bad things for who? You deserve your revenge just as much as I do.", the man replied. "And who are you?", Bruce asked. "I am the one who will give you that little push.", the man said with a smile. The man put his hand on Bruce's head, and Bruce fell to his knees. "Let's see the jolly green beast.", the man said as his appearence turned into Loki. Bruce fell over on his side as his body started changing. The rage became unbearable. "Now Hulk! Go unleash hell unto Asgard!", Loki yelled with a cheerful smile. ***** Several warriors of Asgard stood and fought against the giant, but each one of them stood no match for the beast. It contained an anger and rage that could not be matched. The Warriors Three and Balder came to face the giant, but like their fellow warriors, they proved no match against the creature. Finally, Thor flew from the skies and attacked the beast. The battle was long and brutal. Asgard watched as both powerful warriors stood toe to toe. Thor, with the powers of the storm, fought with all of his strength. As the battled continued, he noticed that the angrier the beast got, the stronger it became. After a long and brutal battle, Thor started to tire. The Hulk knocked him across the land and into a building of Asgard. Thor, trying to regain his strength, pushed himself to his feet. He knew that he could not defeat this beast with it's increasing strength. Thor did not have that kind of power. Thor closed his eyes and summoned what strength he had within him. "I will not stop!", Thor yelled. A sound came from the distance. A sound that overpowered the roars of the beast. Thor saw Odin in the corner of his eyes. He rode upon his trusted Sleipnirthe. The Hulk turned toward the King of Asgard and let out a powerful roar. "You are not welcome here!", Odin proclaimed as he got off Sleopnirthe. The Hulk started charging toward Odin with all his might, but he was knocked back unto the ground by the Mjolnir. Odin turned toward his son as the Mjolnir came back into his hands. "I will not let you fight my battle, Father!", Thor said with all his strength. "Thor, my son, you have fought well, but it is time for the King of Asgard to protect his people. And his son.", Odin said calmly. Thor fell back as Odin started walking towards the giant. "Are you a tool of Loki?", Odin asked as the giant let out another powerful roar. "By the time this battle is over, you will be at peace.", Odin said as the beast charged toward him once again.

I hope you all enjoy. Depending on the feedback and the outcome, this may be the start of a new mini-arc. Again I hope you all enjoy. Sorry for all gramatical errors and spelling errors.

Guest force_echo

And one of CBUBs best writers returns again with another great setup. With this kinda setup, I could care less who wins (even though its obviously Odin).

And one of CBUBs best writers returns again with another great setup. With this kinda setup, I could care less who wins (even though its obviously Odin).

Thank and I'm not all that great. I just get bored real easily and get these ideas in my head. The ideas become these matches

Guest sirmethos

Brilliant setup, the most well deserved "It's Good." I've given in a while.

Personally I would love to see the rest of the fight written out. This writing is the kind that leaves you wanting more.

Brilliant setup, the most well deserved "It's Good." I've given in a while.

Personally I would love to see the rest of the fight written out. This writing is the kind that leaves you wanting more.

Thank you for your comment. I am glad that someone liked it. Depending on the feedback, comments, and the results I will do a follow-up. I don't know if I will write how the actual match because: 1.) I'm not that creative to write an actual 2.) I like to leave it up to the readers imagination on how the fight goes. 3.) And to be honest I'm lazy on that kind of stuff

Great set-up and welcome back, Boratz. This would be a great start for an arc.

Odin can take Hulk almost fairly easily, considering that at his best the Asgard King can hang with some of the higher-tier entities of the multiverse. Hell, even Thor can take Hulk (though not nearly as easily) if he relies more on his magic abilities than fighting Hulk in H2H.

Odin can take Hulk almost fairly easily, considering that at his best the Asgard King can hang with some of the higher-tier entities of the multiverse. Hell, even Thor can take Hulk (though not nearly as easily) if he relies more on his magic abilities than fighting Hulk in H2H.

Agreed on all accounts.

Guest bigballerju

Damn good match and one of CBUB's elite has returned. Hulk a couple issues back in Incredible Hulks 621-622 actually

fought Zeus and with one lightening bolt Zeus took out Hulk before there fight even began at first. Hulk

afterwards got up and Zeus after a couple of words between gave Hulk the worst beating of his life. Zeus

beat the utter living crap out of Hulk and Hulk wouldn't go down for good because he wanted Zeus I to

save his family or something like that. Hulk almost died from that

beating Zeus gave him. LOL the point after all that is Odin wins rather easy.

Thank you for the comment. I wanted to find a decent opponent to start off with for Odin, but it is hard to find opponents that can match Odin.

Damn good match and one of CBUB's elite has returned. Hulk a couple issues back in Incredible Hulks 621-622 actually

fought Zeus and with one lightening bolt Zeus took out Hulk before there fight even began at first. Hulk

afterwards got up and Zeus after a couple of words between gave Hulk the worst beating of his life. Zeus

beat the utter living crap out of Hulk and Hulk wouldn't go down for good because he wanted Zeus I to

save his family or something like that. Hulk almost died from that

beating Zeus gave him. LOL the point after all that is Odin wins rather easy.

Thank you for the comment, and I assure you I am not one of the CBUB elite. I think those girls and guys are retired. I am glad you liked it. I don't think Marvel version Zeus is in the database, but if he ever gets added, than he may be one of the few that will face Odin in my arc.

I'm also open for suggestions on characters that could face Odin. Here is the people that I was originally go to have him face, but it may change.

Thanos

World War Hulk

Mephisto

I have recently submitted Zeus (Marvel) and Zom. If they get approved by the admins, then they could join this list. Please give me some ideas for opponents and storyline.

Guest sirmethos
I'm also open for suggestions on characters that could face Odin. Here is the people that I was originally go to have him face, but it may change.

Thanos

World War Hulk

Mephisto

I have recently submitted Zeus (Marvel) and Zom. If they get approved by the admins, then they could join this list. Please give me some ideas for opponents and storyline.

I started writing this post, with wanting to give suggestions for match-ups, but realized(again), that Odin is one of the(many) characters that has no real Equals. There are plenty of people a lot More powerful, and TONS of people a lot Less powerful, but no real equals.

With that in mind, I started thinking about it in terms of what would make for interesting stories in the setup, and came up with a few.

Grayven or Kalibak, leading the armies of Apokolips.(avoiding Darkseid to avoid fanboy struggles)

Hawkman and Hawkgirl, leading the army of Thanagar.

Helspont and Defile, leading the Daemonite armies.(possibly with Mister Majestic and the Kherubim coming to back up Odin after a set amount of time)

Mongul II.

The Sinestro Corps.

Larfleeze and the Orange Lantern Corps.

The Three Super Skrulls(Kl'rt, Rl'nnd and Paibok). Possibly along with a group of regular Skrulls.

I might have more suggestions later, but it's getting late and I'm about to sleep.

And if you need to use Apokolips in a future match, it's waiting in the wings to be accepted, so it may be available soon.

And if you need to use Apokolips in a future match, it's waiting in the wings to be accepted, so it may be available soon.

I don't know how long those owuld last. I have submitted several characters and I have not gotten any word.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Thank you for the comment, and I assure you I am not one of the CBUB elite. I think those girls and guys are retired. I am glad you liked it. I don't think Marvel version Zeus is in the database, but if he ever gets added, than he may be one of the few that will face Odin in my arc.

No man your set up was excellent, people tell me mine are good but this one blew any of mine out of the water, keep it up! In fact you have inspired to me to make my set up this good, you are setting the bar for sure.

As for the match Odin wins, for reasons others have already stated, in simple terms Odin is tiers above Hulk.

No man your set up was excellent, people tell me mine are good but this one blew any of mine out of the water, keep it up! In fact you have inspired to me to make my set up this good, you are setting the bar for sure.

As for the match Odin wins, for reasons others have already stated, in simple terms Odin is tiers above Hulk.

Thank you again, I have not had the priviledge to have read one of your matches yet. If I have, I might not have paid too much attention. I bet you have amazing matches and I am glad you are inspired to write better. I will stop by one of your's and read it. I remember back in the old CBUB, just about everybody had awesome set-ups. I hope that comes back with you and the other great writers.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Thank you again, I have not had the priviledge to have read one of your matches yet. If I have, I might not have paid too much attention. I bet you have amazing matches and I am glad you are inspired to write better. I will stop by one of your's and read it. I remember back in the old CBUB, just about everybody had awesome set-ups. I hope that comes back with you and the other great writers.

For me I never really liked writing till I joined this site, I have a lot of room to improve but it it is hard when I am not motivated. I can be very competitive so when I see a match written by either you, Hugo, or Nesh (there are more those are ones that popped in my head) it makes me want to improve....that is if I can get ou of my block and continue my arc :D

Oh and Boratz please post your rating, the CBUB has had a problem with people rating unfairly, if this match is anything less then a four then that proves people rate bad just because they can or out of spite.

This is a great set-up, and I agree with Hayes. It should get a 4.0. But should, and actually happening are 2 very different things. Odin ftw. And I gave an "It's Good."

This is a great set-up, and I agree with Hayes. It should get a 4.0. But should, and actually happening are 2 very different things. Odin ftw. And I gave an "It's Good."

Thank you for the comment, and I guess we'll see what it gets.

Your welcome. And I hope it gets a good score.

Well I am liking the feedback, so depending on the score and outcome, I will do a follow-up. I am certian that I will do one just because I have a feeling Odin has this. After reading the comments, it does seem like Odin will win and that people like it. I will start my planning process and hopefully deliver something that is worth everybodies attention.