Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

Match 209 Iron Man and S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. X-Men

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

Takes place after Avengers vs. SHIELD and The OMAC Project.  The Avengers won.

Background:

Tony Stark's plans for a quick end to the war failed.  The X-Men managed to escape the crumbling X-Mansion after a bloody battle and the death of multiple students.  The Avengers, after having liberated Captain America from prison, went underground.  An enraged Magneto gathered followers for his planned counter-offensive.  He seeks to link up with the battered X-Men.  The metas, seeking refuge, go into hiding with Nick Fury.  What they do not realize is that Brother Eye sees all, and that the moment of truth is upon them.

List of casualties:

The majority of students from Xavier's academy.

Cannonball (Killed in the fleeing of the X-Mansion)

Hank Pym (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Johnny Storm (Died of his wounds)

Hawkeye (Killed by an OMAC)

Captain Britain (The girl)

Kingpin

Electro

Bullseye

Wonder Man

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark's second glass helped drown out Emma Frost's screams from the other room.  Robert was in for another session, longer now.  Tony had nearly lost control, during the attack on the X-Mansion.  Charles Xavier had nearly broken his control over Robert's mind.  Had he lost that control, it would have been the end of him and of SHIELD, and in the process, the world.  He had to be sure, so now sessions with the psionic canon were to be longer, to ensure the Sentry's loyalty to him.  Of course, the sessions created some complications with the canon, not regarding the equipment itself, but with the host.

Brother Eye: Creator, the new time-tables have been formulated.  Estimates show that a massive strike against the meta-human forces now would cripple them. 

Tony: So, that means you've located their position?

Brother Eye: Eye have.

Tony: Good.  We can launch our attack tomorrow, and kill off those worthless metas once and for all.  Assemble all OMACs within range. 

Brother Eye: Yes, sir.  Eye have also completed your request to expand the virus internationaly.  Estimated time before sufficient forces built, one week.

Tony: One week is too long.  Magneto is probably on the move as we speak.  We must mobilize on his forces now.  Set a time frame for 2 days.

Brother Eye. Yes, sir.  There is still the matter regarding subject Alpha-22, Frost, Emma.

Tony: What about her?

Brother Eye: Another session inside the psionic canon shall kill her.

Tony: I'm aware of that.  I've made plans to replace her.  Locate the subject known as Charles Xavier.

------------------------------------------------------------

Doctor Doom gazed at the sleeping bodies of Franklin and Valeria.  Injuries and bruises, healing at an exceptional rate thanks to Doom's machines.  All they needed now was rest.  It amazed Doom, how those two suddenly appeared before him.  He had scanned their minds.  Apparently, in the collapse of the Baxted building following the OMACs attacks, his young god-daughter, Valeria, asleep at the time, had used her psionic power to transport herself and her brother to safety.  What intrigued Doom was that, out of all places, the girl had chosen him, Doom, to be with.  She obviously had a connection with him that even he could not grasp yet.  What he could grasp was that this was a matter of great importance.  This girl was connected to Doom, thus, Doom held sway over her.  Should he be able to cultivate her power to the fullest, why, he, Doom, would become master of the world.  But, there were matters that demanded his more immidiate attention.  The one known as Tony Stark had declared war on the meta-human population.  Doom had pondered what role he should play in the conflict.  Should he choose a side, thus holding in his hand the power to decide the winner and losser, or perhaps remain neutral, allowing the two sides to destroy each other, after which he would pick up the pieces?  The latter seemed the best option, but if Stark were to attack him, this may pose a problem.

Doom: Bah!  Let them come, let them seek my aid, and face the wrath of Doom!

He turned back towards the two sleeping children.  His attention was then devoted towards them, and all the things he might accomplish with them at his side.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Cap sat on his bed, gazing at the picture he had found lying in his room.  It had been taken a long time ago, when he had first joined the Avengers.  He remembered that day, the day he had been asked to lead the new Avengers team, when Thor and Iron Man and the others had left.  He remembered how he had felt that day, apprehensive, nervous, maybe even afraid.  Having that much responsibility on his shoulders, and with a team he wasn't familiar with.  Reflecting back on those days, he sighed.  They were so much simpler.  There were heroes, and there were villains.  The heroes would fight, and they would win.  They may encounter problems along the way, but in the end, they would triumph.  Now?  His friends had turned on his ideals.  Heroes turned on heroes, whilst villains watched from the side lines.  Tony had said that they were a threat, and that they should be eliminated.  Was this true?  Was the damage caused by the heroes so great that it outweighed all the times they had saved the earth?  His deepest fear was not whether he would win this war, but whether Tony was in the right.  Should he turn himself back in? 

Rhono: I've had it with you clowns!

A loud crash caused Cap to drop the picture.  Something was going on outside.  Cap left his room to investigate.  Apparently, Rhino had gotten angry at the fact that he would have to work with Spider-Man and Daredevil, and tried to leave.  In the process, he ramed into Shocker, who's retaliatory attack struck Wolverine.  This led to a rumble between the X-Men and some of the villains. 

Cap: Stop!  What's going on here?

Rhino: Aww, shut it!  I risked my neck to break you out cause they said you'd help with those... things out there!  I never signed up to be working with those two clowns!

Cap: You listen to me!  We're ALL at risk.  Tony Stark's got those cyborgs patroling every square inch of this country.  If it wasn't for Nick Fury's help, you' be on the street, or more likely, in the grave the OMACs would dump your body in!  If you disapprove of the company, they disapprove of you.  But they tolerate it, because THEY know that we have to stick together, if we want to survive this!  So do us a favor, and either leave, or shut your complaints!

Rhino glared angrily at Captain America before quieting down and taking a seat.

Cap: That goes for all of those here!

Wolverine: Yeah, I hear ya.  But there's some other problems we gotta deal with.  More pressing problems.  Some of the kids here, well, they're getting hungry.

Cap: Then somebody's got to go out for food...

Wolverine: No good.  Those OMACs are partoling everywhere, anybody who leaves won't be coming back, and we can't all go out, or else Stark will find out where we're hiding, if he hasn't already.

Pietro: I'll do it.

All eyes turned towards Quicksilver.

Wanda: What?  Brother, no...

Professor X: She's right.  We don't know enough about those cyborgs to determine whether you'd be fast enough to avoid them.

Cap: Let him go.

Wanda: You can't be serious.  How can you risk his life, after what happened to Clint...

Cap: I know how you're all feeling right now.  But we have to think clearly, we can't let the sadness overwhelm us.  There are kids here that need our help, we have to do what we can.  Pietro, are you sure you're up to it.

Pietro gazed at his sisters pleading expresion, then back at Cap. 

Pietro: Yes.  I'm sure.

Nick Fury: Hmm.  Good, we need more food around here.  Follow me, I'll show you where you're gonna be heading.

Reed: Excuse me, but I have to check on Sue.

Reed left the gathering and entered a smaller room, which bore the appearance of a medical room.  Sue Richards lay over the body of Ben Grimm, the Thing.  The injuries he had sustained were severe and plentiful.  It was a miracle he was still alive.

Reed: Sue?  You okay?

Sue turned her head to reveal she had been crying.  She collapsed into her husbands arms.

Reed: It's okay Sue.  It's okay.

Sue: No, it's not Reed.  Johnny... Johnny didn't deserve that!  He shouldn't have died like that!  And now Ben... and we can't find Franklin or Valeria!  I don't... I don't understand how this could have happened, how Tony could do this!

Reed Richards couldn't answer.  All he could do was hold his wife tighter to himself.  He couldn't bear to be the one to tell her what he had found.  He kept a scanner on his two children all the time.  What it revealed was that his two children were now residents of Castle Doom.  He felt this news would be too much to bear for her, so he kept silent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Stark waited as the Sentry emerged from his session with the psionic canon.

Tony: How are you feeling Robert?

Sentry: Tired, but I can't imagine why.

Tony: Listen, Robert, I have a mission for you.

Sentry: Just me?

Tony: Yes, you see, our friends have something that we need.

Sentry: They're not out friends anymore, Tony.

Tony: Right.  Anyway, there's something they have that we need.  Another psychic, Charles Xavier.

Sentry: Yes, I know him.

Tony: We need him, if we're to continue our plans to stop this war from escalating.

Sentry: Why not just attack now?

Tony: There are certain circumstances that we need to resolve before we can do that.  We need you to capture Charles, and bring him back here.

Sentry: I don't understand.

Tony: I'll explain to you when you've brought him back.

Sentry: Whatever you say, Tony.

Sentry left the room, leaving Stark alone to contemplate what he was about to undertake.  If the others managed to break through to Sentry, things might go wrong.  Things much more dangerous than the Sentry simply changing sides. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at Fury's hide-out, Professor X called together his X-men.

Cyclops: What wrong, professor?

Xavier: Scott, just a few moments ago, I felt a psionic pulse.  It was weak, and fading, but the signature was unmistakable.  It was Emma.

Cyclops: What?

Beast: She's still alive?

Xavier: Yes.  She's being held in Tony Stark's base of operation.  But she's failing, she could go at any moment.

Cyclops: Then we've got to rescue her somehow.

Wolverine: How?  Stark's base is probably crawling with SHIELD personnel.  And not to mention Stark himself.

Cyclops: So we just abandon her?

Xavier: it's far worse than that, I'm afraid.  When I entered the Sentry's mind, I felt the same pulse within him.  Whatever Stark's doing to the Sentry, he's using Emma's power for it.

Colossus: You're saying that he's controling Sentry?

Xavier: I believe so.

Cyclops: That settles it, we've got to save her.

Beast: It won't be easy.  Stark tower will be guarded by OMACs as well as SHIELD.  If she's that important to them.

Xavier: I fear that if we delay too long, Stark may push her too hard.

Cyclops: That won't happen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario:

The X-Men (Cyclops, Beast, Dazzler, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Wolverine, Archangel, Pixie, Shadowcat) must infiltrate Stark's headquarters in Stark tower and rescue Emma Frost.  The key word is infiltrate, they will attempt to avoid all possible confrontation on the way to the top.  Although Xavier has shown them the path towards Emma, Nightcrawler cannot teleport them there immedietly all at once.  At best, he'll do it 10 floors at a time.  They will fight if they alert anybody.  At the top of the building they will have to fight Tony Stark, in his regular Iron Man armor.  Once that begins, they must race against the clock and defeat Stark before SHIELD and OMACs can arrive to support Stark.  Once they free Emma, they win.

Notes:

Stark tower is 98-stories.  They start on whatever floor they can enter without being detected.

Stark will be drunk in their fight.

Guest boston_celtics

I'm sorry that most of the set-up of my two matches are the same. ;)

If you think it is unfair, then grade one of the matches what you see fit, then give the other one a bad grade. That will balance out, right?

Guest Adam Safran

Actually Psylocke is still entirely invisible to machines, like Roma did with the X-Men when they were at Australia. As such, combined with her ninja skill and God-Tk, she can nifiltrate the entire building on her own.

ADAM