šŸŽ¶On a gathering storm comesĀ 

A tall handsome man!

In a dusty black coat withĀ 

A RED RIGHT HAND!Ā 

Ā 

Tommy Shelby Vs Raymond ā€œRedā€ Reddington

Ā 

Ā 

ā€œMy goodness! Why is it always raining in this quaint little country?ā€ Raymond ā€œRedā€ Reddington fussed as he quickly made his way into the pub and out of the pouring rain.

Ā 

ā€œAllow me to get your coat Sir,ā€ The ever loyal Dembe helped Reddingtonā€™s now thoroughly soaked off to hang up.

Ā 

ā€œMuch appreciated my dear Dembe,ā€ Red straightened his coat and made sure his hat was on right before making his way over to the table where three figures awaited him. ā€œGentlemen! So sorry for being late! Iā€™d blame it on this horrible weather, but truth be told I also ran into this old acquaintance at the airport who letā€™s just say owed me ā€œan arm and a legā€ if you know what I mean?ā€

Ā 

ā€œNo worries mate, werenā€™t waiting too long. Have a pint on us ā€˜fore you catch your death yeah?ā€ One of the figures pushed a glass of whisky towards the shivering American.

Ā 

ā€œOh donā€™t mind if I do!ā€ Red eagerly took the offered drink and took a quick swing of it. ā€œHmmm, a bit more rustic and harder then Iā€™m used to. But I suppose itā€™s charming enough in its own way. Kinda like this nice little town you have here. If I didnā€™t know any better Iā€™d swear Iā€™d gone back in time to the 1920s!ā€

Ā 

ā€œWe like things the way they are round here fancy pants. Itā€™s traditional and simple,ā€ The man in the middle with the mustache spoke tersely.

Ā 

ā€œHere, here for tradition! The cornerstone to every great society! But letā€™s talk turkey shall we? So you three are the infamous ā€˜Peaky Blindersā€™ are you? Quite the unique name Iā€™ll admit, if a little simple. Now donā€™t tell me your names! Let me guess: the one in the middle, Iā€™m sensing your the bruiser with a fiery temper, but lovable heart underneath it. Arthur Shelby Jr I presume?ā€ Reddington smiled warmly at the mustached individual.

Ā 

Arthur snorted and took a swing of his beer rather than answer.

Ā 

ā€œIā€™ll take that as a yes. Now you on the left, too small to be the muscle, too wide eyed to be the leader, but just loyal enough to be a moderately useful pawn. John Michael Shelby, called ā€˜John Boyā€™ by his family?ā€ Red guessed again.

Ā 

ā€œCareful mate. That sounded awfully close to an insult there,ā€ John Boy warned the portly man.

Ā 

ā€œMy boy, if I was going to insult you Iā€™d make certain you know it. Then that just leaves the ringleader himself: Tommy Shelby! You know Iā€™ve heard from quite a few tales of your astonishingly quick rise to power! Why it would make it one heck of a BBC crime drama in the right hands!ā€ Red said in a flamboyant tone.

Ā 

ā€œIā€™ve heard a few tall tales about you too Mr Raymond Reddington. Some of it good, some of it not so good, hence our little sit down here. Whatā€™s your business in my neck of the woods?ā€ Tommy Shelby cautiously asked.

Ā 

ā€œBelieve it or not Mr Shelby, Iā€™m actually here to help you. A little birdie told me that Shelby Company Limited is needing some new backers to keep rates up and I just so happened to be interested in expanding my business into jolly old England. Letā€™s help each other out shall we? Dembe the map please?ā€ At Redā€™s direction his right hand man laid out a map of England on the table.

Ā 

ā€œJust so weā€™re clear, I ainā€™t interested in drugs or trafficking, human or animal,ā€ Tommy Shelby warned as his brothers moved their drinks out of the way of the map.

Ā 

ā€œOh come now Mr. Shelby, I can assure you my business is as squeaky clean as the Popeā€™s bedchambers. Now then Iā€™ve already started setting up some spots in southern England that are already making quite a lot of money, but my ultimate goal involves involves opening up businesses here, here, here, and-ā€œ

Ā 

ā€œOi! I donā€™t like you setting up shop in the Midlands. Local businesses might not survive you stealing away their customers,ā€ Arthur sternly said.

Ā 

ā€œCalm yourself Arthur, theyā€™ll barely know that Iā€™m there. Anyways Iā€™d also like to set a few more shops over here on the Eastern coast and Iā€™d like very much if your men can help me set up,ā€ Red finished drawing up the spots he wanted.

Ā 

ā€œAre you thick or something? My brother said no to you setting up in the Midlands!ā€ John growled at Reddington.

Ā 

ā€œQuiet now John Boy, the grown ups are talking. So what do you say Mr. Shelby? The two of us working together could stand to make quite a lot of money,ā€ Raymond Reddington offered the head of the Shelby clan.

Ā 

Tommy Shelby stared Reddington down for a few moments, and then took the pencil out from Redā€™s hand and then started erasing half of the marked points that Reddington had written down.

Ā 

ā€œYouā€™re welcome to expand into the South to your hearts content. But as my brother said, anywhere north of the line is off limits. Deal?ā€ Tommy Shelby gave his counter offer.

Ā 

ā€œOh my I do believe thereā€™s been some misunderstanding about the nature of this meeting Mr. Shelby. This isnā€™t a negotiation, this me giving you a courtesy heads up on what is gonna happen. Iā€™d like your help setting it up, but make no mistake itā€™s happening with or without the Peaky Blinders approval,ā€ Reddington arrogantly said.

Ā 

Arthur Shelby stood up abruptly and made to move around the table, only for Dembe to move himself in front of Arthur. A tense stand off endured as the Peaky Blinders eyed their foes with barely concealed hostility.

Ā 

ā€œI get it mate. Across the pond youā€™re used to acting out whenever you like, knowing you got the FBI backing you up and such. But youā€™re not in America anymore Red. Youā€™re in my backyard now, and over here you play by my rules or you donā€™t play at all,ā€ Tommy Shelby slowly warned his adversary.

Ā 

ā€œBut you see Iā€™ve never been one to play by the rules, Thomas. My father had this little saying; ā€˜good men follow the rules, but great men create their own rules,ā€ Reddingtonā€™s previously friendly smile took on a more sinister look as he spoke.

Ā 

ā€œYouā€™re not setting up shop in the Midlands Red. You cross that line and Iā€™ll take it as an act of war,ā€ Tommy said in no uncertain terms.

Ā 

ā€œIā€™ll take your words under advisement Thomas. Come along now Dembe, we got much work to do,ā€ Raymond Reddington stood up and grabbed his coat from the hanger.

Ā 

ā€œOi! Red!ā€ Tommy Shelby stood up from his table to stare Reddington in the eyes as he neared the door. ā€œIā€™ll tell you the same thing I told every other tossed that thought they could beat me. You donā€™t want me as your enemy.ā€

Ā 

ā€œIā€™ve had dozens of enemiesĀ justĀ like you Thomas. But I can assure you, youā€™ve never meet someone quite like me,ā€ Reddington gave the Shelby leader one last smile before he and Dembe left the pub.

Ā 

Wanted to put in one last matchup before the website getā€™s overhauled. Got inspired after a friend recommended The Blacklist to me and I saw a lot of similarities between Red and Tommy Shelby.

Ā 

Anyways basically Raymond Reddington is trying to muscle into the Peaky Blinders territory and Tommy Shelby is trying to stop him. Letā€™s just say that both Red and Tommy have all their resources and influence from across all seasons of their respective shows. Which villain protagonist wins?

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - Fox

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.50 Total Combined Score
9.50 / 2 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Tommy Shelby: 1
Raymond "Red" Reddington: 3