Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Rumble 19472 Bibleman vs. Ned Flanders

Repost

Originally posted by: LoneWolf

"I just love praising the good Lord's name. It makes me feel all warm and tingly inside!" Ned smiled to his wife as he stirred a bowl of wholesome oatmeal. She smiled back as she passed him a cup full of sugar with which to sweeten the somewhat bland paste. "I heard you had quite a little adventure there the other day Neddie!""That's Darn diddly right! I even met Bibleman!" Ned's young sons Rod and Todd ears perked up, and they gathered to hear this tale of humble salvation and hard work in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ."For some reason I had decided to walk to church the other day like it is written in Job, hoping that I might encounter a poor soul in need of saving!" Rod and Todd nodded eagerly, they loved the tale of The Good Samaritan."Well, I sure diddly-did, it was a baby pony lost in a field and a fox was trying to eat it!" The two children's faces showed shock and terror and their eyes began to water with tears."But the Lord was watching that day and as luck would have it, I was carrying an extra sandwich in my lunchbox for the church social. So I gave it to the fox and he left the poor pony alone!"Another voice cut into Ned's story, causing him to pause."Sorry to interrupt there neighborino, but I couldn't help hearing your story... I think I'd like to tell it the way I saw it!" A man in a purple suit of armor stood at the edge of the table and Rod and Todd screamed in joy."BIBLEMAN! BIBLEMAN! Yes, tell us Bibleman!!!""Well children, me and my pastor youth group were sitting around a campfire reading our bibles and singing Kumbayaba My Lord, when we saw your father swimming out in a nearby lake... He was there to rescue a drowning baby puppy!"The two kids mouth's fell open. Ned looked slightly irritated."Now... Bibleman, you just ruined the next part of my story! Praise Jesus's name!" He paused and looked down into his oatmeal, "But I didn't save that puppy...Bibleman's jaw clenched and he looked downward with his steely gaze. He spoke evenly and solemnly with a great weight behind his words, "It...saddens me to say this, but your fibbing might lead these children astray!"Maude jumped up from the table as if she had burned her hand. Her nasal Minnesotan accent was stressed by her flabbergastedliness."Neddieee, what's this about fibbing??!? You know how the good Lord feels when we tell tall tales now!"Ned looked red in the face. "Well Mr. perfect, if you must know... it wasn't a puppy..." He looked like he was about to cry as his voice broke, "And... I didn't save him..."Every listener hung on his faltering next words."It was a whole family of puppies... and they weren't breathing when I dragged them to the shore..."Todd began crying while his mother comforted him gently."But thank the Savior that Bibleman was there and knew CPR! He saved the whole family!"The children shouted with glee, their young minds were being filled with the sweet and touching wisdom of the Lord, surely the would grow in spirit from these wonderful tales."I've got you one better, Bibleman..." Ned began to tell another story.--------------------------Which of these wholesome 'Family' heroes can impress their good deeds in a way more in keeping with the Bible's guidance? Will Rod or Todd every use a curse word in their entire lives? Who can impart stronger morality and family values?

I think Bibleman has this cause Ned's kids are much more impressionable from other dad-like figures, compared to Ned himself. Case in point, in the Simpsons movie, where they literally state they want Homer as a dad instead. It's just how kids operate though, can't fault them for wanting anybody but their own dad even if their own dad is cool.

Sorry but I’m still leaning towards Ned Flanders over Bibleman. I just feel like in Ned’s case it’s harder to keep his religious standards in shows like the Simpsons that show the more grimier parts of the world, so when Ned does come through and does the right thing it feels stronger and more real then someone like Bibleman whose world is just too safe and wholesome to be relatable.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:27 AM, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Sorry but I’m still leaning towards Ned Flanders over Bibleman. I just feel like in Ned’s case it’s harder to keep his religious standards in shows like the Simpsons that show the more grimier parts of the world, so when Ned does come through and does the right thing it feels stronger and more real then someone like Bibleman whose world is just too safe and wholesome to be relatable.

But Bibleman is a superhero. Kids love him. Your parents can tell you eat your vegetables all day but if Capatan America come by and says it your scarfing down broccoli and carrots like a vegetarian.