Magma (comics) vs. Rictor
MATCH SCORE
Magma (comics): 2
Rictor: 1

Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

1st Annual Verse City League Tournament Preliminaries - Team Kaiba vs. Team KingKenCage

SSJRuss

The creators of the Grand Cross-Galactic Budokai Tenkaichi bring you the next round of...

The Verse City League Tournament!

Preliminaries are still underway and now we pit our Verse City Districts against one another! Which team will advance to be the chosen three to join the illustrious Verse City League?

Let’s set the stage. Two teams of three fight the other inside our replica Khazan Battle Arena. A team wins when the opposing team is completely defeated either by KO, Death, or Submission.

Team members will work together as a team and as always, each combatant will have their respective powers and equipment that they can carry into the ring. No outside help or influence is allowed. And there is no prior knowledge of their opponents unless they’ve encountered each other prior to coming to Verse City.

Now, let’s continue the preliminaries...

Anime District V.S. Video Game District

[Team Kaiba] - Seto Kaiba, Pikachu, Noriaki Kakyoin

VS

[Team KingKenCage] - Ken Masters, King, Johnny Cage

Learn More About
Pikachu
Read more about Pikachu at Wikipedia
Official Site: Nintendo Links: Wikipedia Entry Pokemopolis Episode Guide Pokemon's official site

Seto Kaiba
Read more about Seto Kaiba at Wikipedia
Official Site: Shonen Jump Links: Wikipedia Seto-Kaiba website WarnerBrothers/YGO

Noriaki Kakyoin
Read more about Noriaki Kakyoin at Wikipedia
Official Site: Viz Media Links: Wikipedia

Ken Masters
Read more about Ken Masters at Wikipedia
Official Site: Capcom Links: Ken's Wiki Page Street Fighter Wiki Cyberfuturism

Johnny Cage
Read more about Johnny Cage at Wikipedia
Official Site: Midway Links: Wikipedia Entry: Johnny Cage MortalKombatWarehouse MortalKombatGuides

King (Tekken)
Read more about King (Tekken) at Wikipedia
Official Site: Namco Links: wiki file tekken 4 tekken 5

Ok, so Kakyoin's Stand is invisible to non-stand users? If that's still true then he is the ace for team Kaiba. That said, Johnny Cage's inherent magic might be equivalent to let him see Hierophant Green.  Ken I would say is similar to a Jojo's Hamon user and while he remains dangerous, an invisible opponent capable of ranged attacks and possession is more dangerous to him.

Pikachu contributes and can put out a lot of damage, but is a definite glass cannon here. A few hits from any of team KingKenCage takes it out. Which leaves us with Kaiba.

Kaiba is a definite weak link. He is an athletic normal guy, and he is intelligent, but his feats are not really combat oriented. Taking down some of Pegasus's guards is the best I can give him and all three members of the opposite team best that easily.

So it comes down to Kakyoin and Pikachu vs all three opposing members. Both members will put out more damage, but there is no durability. Kakyoin is just a 17 year old and a super strong punch can definitely kill him as seen from his own manga. Pikachu likewise can be bested, so I go team KingKenCage.

13 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

Ok, so Kakyoin's Stand is invisible to non-stand users? If that's still true then he is the ace for team Kaiba. That said, Johnny Cage's inherent magic might be equivalent to let him see Hierophant Green.  Ken I would say is similar to a Jojo's Hamon user and while dangerous, an invisible opponent capable of ranged attacks and possession is really dangerous against him.

Pikachu contributes and can put out a lot of damage, but is a definite glass cannon here. A few hits from any of team KingKenCage takes it out. Which leaves us with Kaiba.

Kaiba is a definite weak link. He is an athletic normal guy, and he is intelligent, but his feats are not really combat oriented. Taking down some of Pegasus's guards is the best I can give him and all three members of the opposite team best that easily.

So it comes down to Kakyoin and Pikachu vs all three opposing members. Both members will put out more damage, but there is no durability. Kakyoin is just a 17 year old and a super strong punch can definitely kill him as seen from his own manga. Pikachu likewise can be bested, so I go team KingKenCage.

Good analysis, Twogun.

I did forget to add that this Kaiba fights in the style he has in Jump Force.

I do think he might still be the weak link though because he has almost no defense capabilities.

As for Kakyoin's Stand, I think Cage's and Ken's magic/mythical aura could help them see it as you suggested. Though I don't think they could do much to it at all and they aren't fast enough to dodge it's attacks. Maybe Ken can, but I'm not super familiar with his abilities.

Sadly, I think King is the weak link for his team as he has no special powers like Ken and Cage. But if he gets close enough to Kaiba or Kakyoin he will certainly choke them out.

Not sure who to vote for just yet.

Like I said a while ago Ken has managed to stalemate a Satsui no Hado possessed Ryu before, and in that form Ryu was doing things like deflecting bullets and blowing up buildings! And second timeline Johnny Cage’s green magic allowed him to defeat an Elder God and Satan analog Shinnok. I see them blowing away Pikachu and Kaiba and then tag teaming Kakyoin.

• Like 1