X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Starfleet vs. The Galactic Empire

Guest Ghost Tiger

Guest Ghost Tiger

The Galactic Empire vs. Star fleet when both are at the height of their power and influence. Both can use whatever power and resources they have at their disposal.

Logic and proof please...Thank you.

Guest Adam Safran

Do you mean TNG era Starfleet? Pre or Post Dominion War? And Empire around ESB?

The Federation is ~ 5,000 light years long and has a hundred and fifty 'full member' planets with large numbers of colonies of disparate inhabitants. Some colonies range from a few dozen people to multiple thousands.

Going from one end of the Federation to the other takes roughly five weeks at maximum warp. I don't know if they mean maximum commercial warp, sustainable high warp for a capital ship, or warp 9.995 (whatever).

The Empire has a -million- member planets and the Millenium Falcon can cross the galaxy in a few days. Teh Falcon has a jury rigged military hyperdrive souped up by a smuggler. A Star Destroyer can go from one side of the galaxy to the other in days. At it's height the Empire had 25,000 Imperial Star Destroyers. For a sector group, there would be roughly 1200 capital ships.. Not coutning fighters, logistics ships, or planetary based vessels or things like custom vessels and such. This is just a random sector gruop - areas in the Core Worlds would have considerably more strength, and the Empire had dozens of roving fleets of star destroyers who looked throughout the Outer Rim.

An Imperial Line Army has roughly one point two millino men. A single star destroyer has a full scale stormtrooper division with armored support and can setup a planetary garrison base. Stromtroopers are basically elite soldiers, the equivalent to USN Marines.

In the 'Best of Both Worlds' where the Borg attacked Earth for the first time roughly fourty Starfleet vessels were destroyed, and it was stated onscreen that such losses would 'cripple Starfleet for at least two years'.

In the Dominion War in large fleet battles we see FEderation fleets composed heavily of Excelsior and Miranda class vessels and Ambassador class ships, with most often the most 'modern' ship being a Galaxy class. Excelsior and MIranda class ships had at that point been in service for somewhere between 90+ to more than a hundred years, and even with multiple refits, they are nto going to be top of the line vessels in fleet combat. Even by this poitn a Galaxy class is pushing fifteen years of line service, and Ambassadors are more than fourty.

Rather than going into a huge argumenton military tech, tactics, and flaming on fighting capabilities..

I'll just focus on numbers.

Guest Adam Safran

Uhm, Empire. But this fight is about as old as the Itnernet, if not as old as competing Geekdoms. I mean, the newsgroup startrekvstarwars hsa been around -way- longer than, say, Grudge Match and CBUB. You can go back and forth on the arguments without making any remote level of headway. So, rather than just argue on tech superiority, whether Star Trek ships are immune to 'turbolasers' due to a line of dialogue in TNG that states lasers can't eevn harm navigational shields, arguemnts about Turbolaser power yields which are eevn more flaming than Goku v Superman..

I'm just arguing with -numbers-. Single Battelgroups of the Empire and elite squadrons mass more ships than the Federation has ever committed to a single battle. Much less if you have an entire Sector Group acting in concert, or an elite fleet like Vader's Death Squadron.. Or even the ships assigned to defend important Core Worlds and Shipyards. The Empire can afford more ships to assign to defend a single planet or fight in a battle than the Federtaion can put in an entire war zone.

Guest Ghost Tiger

Thats how I always saw it. Star Wars had the edge in numbers, and Star Trek the edge in tech. That is greatly oversimplifying but yea. In the end I am a Wars fan so i am going with my Empire. lol

Guest Adam Safran

Tech is.. Wlel, really hard to debate as well since Star Trek tech isn't consistent, and they admittedly have to 'dumb down' a lot of things for dramatic tension, or that would be above the viewer's head. And Star Wars? Well, we haev three movies for actual feats for things like starships, and very little of actual quantification.. And really, I'm not giong to REMOTELY touch a debate over Turbolaser power levels at all. It's really one of those things where you can argue ti to the end's fo the earth and HAS been argued to teh ends of the Earth, and you're never ever going to find a way to settle or convince people of the other way.

So, I go with numbers. The Empire has a Navy and Army numbering in the tens or hundreds of quadrillions. Coruscant has a population of over a -trillion- you can make an argument that that's nearly as many people as live in all of the Federation Member worlds combined.

Coruscant ahs a population of over a trillion. Look at the scenes we see in the Prequels - just ships in traffic lanes as far as the eye can see giving the sorts of supplies needed for the plaent to survive. Just supplying Coruscant takes more ships and logistics capability than pretty much the entire Federation has ever displayed all together.

Guest LegendX

Yea, The Empire has a clear numerical advantage although ST may have some better tech. They have transporters, more advanced droids (ok just Data) and they seem to be more energy efficient in general, but, The Empire ships are vastly larger, cover more space in a much shorter time and carry much more destructive firepower. To top it off they have Sith Lords as heads of state. Get Vader on any Federation ship and he solo's.

Hard to see Starfleet doing much against The Empire... unless Q intervenes.