Slot: Bringing the team's Projectiles
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about John Wick at Wikipedia
Official Site: Lionsgate

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Daytime

John Wick is good, but Deadshot is one of the top assassins in a world filled to the brim with superheroes. When comparing the two, one immediately notices that John Wick doesn't have much to compare himself to, except for armies of literal nameless mooks. Sure, he's good accuracy wise, but he doesn't really match the sheer stupidity that comics have when they try to do something as simple as an assassin archetype. Deadshot wins this in my book, cause he's even better than Bullseye from last round.

That's fair enough. In my side, I'd like to point out how comics tend to go willy-nilly with their power levels. Deathstroke for example in one issue defeats the Justice League and the next, Robin beats him solo or some shit. That and I'm not actually sure how many heroes Deadshot has actually killed as opposed to the generic 'mob boss/mook' targets they like to put up.

Also, I keep seeing the Arkham game version and how he got beat and with how Pandora is for it's cover and so forth, if there is a victory to be found? I think it'd be similar. Using the cover to get close and shoot/strike.

Of course, that pretty much makes it like the last match. Who gets the drop on the other first.

Though Wick with his ability to see a weapon in anything (death by horse) might weaponize the local creatures, stirring em up, using em to flush out Deadshot though that's up in the air.

I sympathize with you to an extent, but I don't know what Deathstroke has to do with this fight specifically? This is Deadshot, his marksman copy.  He doesn't need to see John Wick, he just needs a general idea of where he is.  He snipes literal helicopters out of the air with a single shot. He literally has the accuracy needed to snipe a bowstring in half. He can clear an entire room of people with a blindfold on.Naturally this is all grandiose to the point where it's cartoonish, but that's kind of what happens when one compares comic "marksmen" who spend their lives evading actual superheroes vs. a somewhat grounded franchise where the only thing out of the ordinary is a society of assassins.

Just now, Macklemore said:

I sympathize with you to an extent, but I don't know what Deathstroke has to do with this fight specifically? This is Deadshot, his marksman copy.

Naturally this is all grandiose to the point where it's cartoonish, but that's kind of what happens when one compares comic "marksmen"

So if he's that good, why does he miss people?

That's what I mean by the Deathstroke example. They're hyped up to the point of cartoonish but then never actually display these skills where it matters. 

Wick though grounded, as far as I know has been consistent in his skills whether it's by Continental Assassin's,surprise attacks, the elites who struck the hotel, etc.

Whereas Deadshot can one day shoot a bowstring and then literally,can't shoot for shit in what should have been a fight slanted his way.

Exhibit A.

So what's changed?

Are you pulling my leg here? He's very clearly shooting the arrows out of the air with his bullets.

As opposed to dodging and just shooting his opponent?

Even then, I wouldn't think it so impressive. As it shows his mindset is more on the immediate threat rather than any long term plan/hunt with traps that I believe Wick would excell better in.

Also....It's a gun against a bow.

If you can't shoot a foe before they draw and shoot from a bow with a gun and with the skills Deadshot has, that just doesn't seem so impressive to me.

Just now, Hugo Fowl said:

As opposed to dodging and just shooting his opponent?

Even then, I wouldn't think it so impressive. As it shows his mindset is more on the immediate threat rather than any long term plan/hunt with traps that I believe Wick would excell better in.

Also....It's a gun against a bow.

Okay, now we're delving deep into what Green Arrow can do and why he isn't just "a guy with a bow". I understand that on a surface view this does sound stupid, but the context of this fight literally explains why he doesn't kill Green Arrow. He just wants to deny him the usage of his weapons so he can speak to him. I suggest you read this entire arc, it's called Deadshot (2005) and it's only 5 issues. You can breeze through it, cause you clearly need some context beyond just posting random screencaps.

Furthermore, Wick is not Green Arrow. He's not the protector of the area that Deadshot's daughter resides in. There, context anyway in case you didn't want to read it.

Okay, now we're delving deep into what Green Arrow can do and why he isn't just "a guy with a bow". I understand that on a surface view this does sound stupid, but the context of this fight literally explains why he doesn't kill Green Arrow. He just wants to deny him the usage of his weapons so he can speak to him. I suggest you read this entire arc, it's called Deadshot (2005) and it's only 5 issues. You can breeze through it, cause you clearly need some context beyond just posting random screencaps.

Furthermore, Wick is not Green Arrow. He's not the protector of the area that Deadshot's daughter resides in. There, context anyway in case you didn't want to read it.

Oh Green Arrow is cool. I just feel like when you put a bow expert vs a gun expert in close quarters, gun should be winning every time.

And if we want to discount plot armor, here at 0:27-0:28 is Deadshot missing in close confines the Joker...With that rapid fire wrist gun of his.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBh9241h6h0

Oh Green Arrow is cool. I just feel like when you put a bow expert vs a gun expert in close quarters, gun should be winning every time.

And if we want to discount plot armor, here at 0:27-0:28 is Deadshot missing in close confines the Joker...With that rapid fire wrist gun of his.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBh9241h6h0

That's not really him though, is it? It's a cartoon version of an Elseworlds story. I thought we were focusing on the main version of Deadshot.

That's not really him though, is it? It's a cartoon version of an Elseworlds story. I thought we were focusing on the main version of Deadshot.

It's not him? Huh.

There's so much stuff nowadays, I can't quite tell which one we're looking at. So who's this Deadshot then? I was under the impression that the DCA Movies basically were mainstream retellings/side stories. With exception of stuff like Red Son.

It's not him? Huh.

There's so much stuff nowadays, I can't quite tell which one we're looking at. So who's this Deadshot then? I was under the impression that the DCA Movies basically were mainstream retellings/side stories. With exception of stuff like Red Son.

This is a movie adaptation of the Batman: Arkham Games, not a retelling of any actual canon story.