Nathan Drake: 1
Vastatosaurus Rex: 3

Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Ken Masters: 4

Match - Strahd Von Zarovich vs. Bugs Bunny

Hugo Fowl

Ismark Kolyanovich took one look at the rabbit in the room and without a word, did an about face and strode out. Well. That was it. His last hope of summoning someone, anyone who could possibly save his sister from the nightmare to come wasn't dashed so much as kicked in the balls, thrown in a weighted barrel and chucked off a cliff into a dragons cave. He should have known better than to trust that weird summoning book.

What kind of a wizard name was Acme anyway? Sounded like something you'd get on your face at puberty and with such things running through his mind he saw the rabbit again. Of course he would. He noted idly it was wearing gloves and even with the ears, came up to a little above his waist at most.

He was eating a carrot. The loud crunch shattered the awkward silence and gave birth to an entirely new dynasty of awkward silence as before swallowing, the rabbit spoke because why not?

"Eeeh. What's up doc?" Ismark sighed aloud and shrugged once.

"Oh nothing much. My sister, Ireena has been fed upon by a powerful vampire. My father is dead and in a coffin I had to create from some bookshelves. Our home has been constantly under siege by the undead and I spent the last of our arcane components in the hope of summoning someone to deal with Strahd Von Zarovich."

"Gesundheit." The rabbit said politely and Ismark shook his head. "No, that's the name of the vampire with a lust for my sister. Anyway atop of all this, the stress of the situation has driven me irrevocably mad. I fear for my families fate such as it is now."

The rabbit was shocked. His eyes bulged as his entire posture seemed to shudder in exaggeration.

"Mad? Why would you think that?"

Ismark gestured to him. "Well for one, I'm talking to an anthropomorphic rabbit. That seems like a ready indicator." The rabbit made a sound of comprehension, thoughtfully munching the carrot before he spoke. "Yeah, that does sound like you're mad. Tell you what sport!" He pulled out a stepladder and climbed it, absently tucking the carrot remainder behind an ear as he adjusted Ismarks collar and brushed his shoulders.

"Take a nap. When's the last time you rested, eh? I'll go deal with the whole thing and you get a good night's rest and this will be all better when you wake up." Ismark considered and gave a thankful nod.

"Thank you. I'll do just that." And with an about face, Ismark turned and headed upstairs.

The rabbit followed after, taking off his shoes and tucking him in before tip-toeing out.

And with an evil little rub of his hands, Bugs Bunny gave a grin.

"Now then...Where's the old bat anyhow?"

-------

He was ancient. He was the land.

Absolute master of a Hell with only a few hundred souls at most. A life bereft of flavor, his only entertainment found in the adventuring parties snatched by the mists or lured by his servants. He was Strahd Von Zarovich and he was feeling bemused.

Normally he would know when intruders would come to Barovia. There was a sensation to it, a feel he would hone over centuries of life, one night after the other all the same in this prison. Tonight, the flare felt odd. As though the land itself recoiled briefly before smoothing out to what he knew once more.

Strahd felt a tendril of interest penetrate his black heart as he wondered what could have caused such an effect. Would he finally meet an equal? Someone he could have a worthy battle, a clash to remove the boredom and stave off oblivion for a little while? He would not get his hopes up, but something to increase his spirits was always something to look forward to.

And so he would ride in style. Swift as the dead could ride, his coach rumbling across the roads before they began to slow. Strahd frowned and glanced up. That...Shouldn't be happening. They were nowhere near his beloved Tatyana's village. He looked out his window in annoyance.

"Driver, why have we-what." 

Words failed him. Somehow, someone had taken the time to create a brick wall that stretched up twenty feet up and all the way across the width. There was a gate in the center,though locked and with a single guard playing a banjo-quite annoyingly too. Strahd scowled and stepped out of his coach, striding for the little man in all his dark glory.

"Whadda they do when there is no starry sky? Where do they go when they can't go for a walk-."

The singing trailed off as the gate guard smiled. "Eeeh. What's up doc?"

Strahd was not amused. "Whose gate is this and by whose word have they blocked the road?"

"What gate?" The guard glanced and gave a start as if just realizing the brick wall, iron gate and subsequent chair he had been waiting for folks to come by in had just appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh you mean THAT gate? Personally I blame the Patriarchy. But I don't make the rules! It's a dime to get through boss!" Strahd was livid, cape billowing like the wings of an angry fiend as he snarled.

"I am Strahd Von Zarovich! And I demand you open it now before I decide to decorate the spikes with your head!"

The guard did not seem to take this with the seriousness such a threat was made in as he tsk'd.

"Gonna need some ID then." Strahd blinked, confusion filling his frame and as alien as compassion. "What."

"ID! A driver's license, a passport! Something like that." Strahd was beginning to get angry again as he gestured to his coach. 

"The symbol of my house is upon the door! And upon my hand lies my signet ring!"

"I need a picture ID boss. Thems the rules." Strahd was once more at a loss, his lifetime of war and subsequent undead status never giving him a day like this before he snarled. "You will open that gate now. I will not tolerate this buffoonery no longer."

"Oh no I won't!" Strahds eyes widened in rage as his fangs flashed and he snarled again.

"Oh yes you will!"

"Oh no I won't!"

"Oh yes you will!"

"Oh yes I will!"

"Oh no you won't!"

"Oh yes I will!"

"Oh no you won't and I say you won't!" Strahd thundered and the skies darkened and swirled in reaction to his mood. The guard shrugged. "Ok boss. If you say I won't open, I won't open."

Strahd smiled wickedly as he leaned back. "It is good you know your place, vermin." He turned to leave and paused as the guard called out.

"Hey doc, look-just doing my job and just to show no hard feelings? Here!" He presented a cigar and Strahd took it, letting the guard light it as he nodded in approval at the quality. The odd hiss was off-putting, but nothing he couldn't handle. Waving his hand regally, he re-entered his coach and the entire thing turned around and headed back where it had come from.

It made it up to about fifty feet down the road before Strahd realized what the heck had just happened. He also remembered far too late, that he didn't smoke.

Around that point, things got a little blurry as the cigar exploded in the coach.

Back by the gate, Bugs removed his disguise as he snickered and jerked a thumb back towards the couch.

"Get a load of discount Bela Lugiosa here. Uh-oh!" 

Strahd was furious, stepping out from the smoking remains of his vehicle. The skies rumbled as lightning split the skies. Bats swarmed from every corner of Barovia at his call. Wolves howled in the night and the restless dead buried themselves in their graves, wisely hiding for the duration of Strahds anger.

It was going to be a night to remember.

The Setup.

Strahd Von Zarovich. Darklord. Master of Barovia. Ancient and the Land.

Vs one, hoppy boi.

Will Strahd be the one to finally best the rabbit or will Bugs speedrun through Curse of Strahd?

Learn More About
Strahd Von Zarovich
Read more about Strahd Von Zarovich at Wikipedia
Official Site: Wizards of the Coast Links: Wikipedia Birthright Drgscl

Bugs Bunny
Read more about Bugs Bunny at Wikipedia
Official Site: Warner Brothers Studio Links: Bugs Bunny Wikipedia page The Looney Tunes and Merrie Me Bugs Toonopedia Profile

Ravenloft.  Classic!

200px-Ravenloft_I6.jpg

Besides being a series of Dungeons & Dragons adventure modules, there was also a PC Ravenloft game in the 90's I think.

Great set-up. Very entertaining use of both characters. A fun read over coffee in the morning.

Bugs Bunny will win, in my opinion. I calculate that thusly:

In the Ravenloft video game, my Min-Max party of low-intelligence thugs defeated Strahd the Vampire.

However, my low-intelligence party of thugs would stand no chance against Bugs Bunny.

Therefore, Bugs Bunny will defeat Stradh the Vampire.  Logic!

• Like 1

@Hugo Fowl As much as I like this match and the set-up, there is an issue.

These are the Tournament rules:

Players may only use characters in the Tournament from Television shows (including Music Videos - MTV), Movies, Video Games and Commercials released in the decade of the 1980's.

The Ravenloft video game was released in the 90's.

I'll need you to show where Stradh is used in film, television or video games in the decade of the 80's.  Was there a 'Ravenloft' commercial on TV?

Just now, Fox said:

@Hugo Fowl As much as I like this match and the set-up, there is an issue.

These are the Tournament rules:

Players may only use characters in the Tournament from Television shows (including Music Videos - MTV), Movies, Video Games and Commercials released in the decade of the 1980's.

The Ravenloft video game was released in the 90's.

I'll need you to show where Stradh is used in film, television or video games in the decade of the 80's.

Oh I'm using the actual module itself, published in 1983.

Using Wikipedia as my guide.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ravenloft

Ah wait I just saw. This is a tabletop game. Does that mean this fight doesn't count since it's not a music video, show or computer game or movie?

6 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Ah wait I just saw. This is a tabletop game. Does that mean this fight doesn't count since it's not a music video, show or computer game or movie?

Right, sorry.

Please see the tournament rules.  This is a prize tournament with all the legaleeze posted. Basically to qualify, the tournament entries have to be in line with the Tournament rules.

Bummer. Fantastic match though.  I was entertained.

To be fair, you could delete this match, I think, and essentially re-use it with an 80's Vampire.  The Lost Boys, maybe?

Just now, Fox said:

Right, sorry.

Please see the tournament rules.  This is a prize tournament with all the legaleeze posted. Basically to qualify, the tournament entries have to be in line with the Tournament rules.

Bummer. Fantastic match though.  I was entertained.

To be fair, you could delete this match, I think, and essentially re-use it with an 80's Vampire.  The Lost Boys, maybe?

Eh it's alright. I had fun writing this one. Mind if I keep this here and just do a new one? It's nice getting the cricks out as it's been a while since I did any CBUB matches. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Fowl said:

Eh it's alright. I had fun writing this one. Mind if I keep this here and just do a new one? It's nice getting the cricks out as it's been a while since I did any CBUB matches. Lol.

Sure, all good.  We'll just leave it for people to enjoy.

I love this. 5 stars from me.

I have the I, Strahd novel at home so I'm familiar with the character. And Bugs of course, I've always been a big fan of.

Bugs Bunny being summoned in the beginning made me smile, very fun and clever. His bit with Strahd was good but you missed a great opportunity here for Bugs to take advantage of the vampire 'I must be invited in' issue with door thresholds. That joke would have killed me.

As for the showdown, Bugs saves the day and takes out Strahd. Likely from sunlight or garlic or straight up trickery.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
CBUB Match Judge : 5 Stars x 2

FPA Calculation:
6 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 = 6 Total Votes
( (6 * 5) + (0 * 4) + (0 * 3) + (0 * 2) + (0 * 1) ) = 30 Total Stars Score
30 / 6 = 5.00 Total Rating

MATCH SCORE
Strahd Von Zarovich: 4
Bugs Bunny: 9