Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

Match 14658 The Star Wars Universe vs. The Weeping Angels

SSJRuss

The Angels take the New Republic

The battle had been won.

Luke, Leia, Han and the rest of the Rebellion had done the impossible. Defeat the Empire.

With their sequel Death Star destroyed and Sith figureheads gone, the Empire had no chance but to retreat and regroup. The Battle of Endor signified what many saw as their imminent collapse, which would give rise to the New Republic.

On Endor, our heroes had earned their victory. And their respite.

The war would continue, yes, but not the one they expected.

The battle was won on Endor. But a war started there too.

Leia awoke with a start. She had intense dreams most nights. Luke would call them visions. Now knowing that he was her brother and Vader their father, the dreams made more sense. That didn't mean she wasn't terrified of them. In the dream, she was lost in the woods. Leia felt as if she were searching for someone, like something was taken from her but she didn't know where it was or what was missing. She couldn't remember how the dream ended or if she found what she was looking for.

She sat up, pushing the sheet aside. The hut she shared with Han was empty. Cold.

Han was missing.

Han.

She remembered the dream as panic rose inside her. Han was the something she was looking for in the woods. The force had called to her. A warning that he was gone. She could feel it even in her sleep.

Was that possible?

In her mind, Leia knew that there was no reason to be worried. Han probably got up to stretch his legs. He was having a hard time sleeping in their hut on Endor these last few days and so it wasn't unusual for this to happen. But her connection to him... was gone. She didn't even know she was connected to him until she learned she had the force. And now it wasn't there. An emptiness ran through her body.

Leia got up without a second thought and raced outside. The sudden flash of sunlight from the Endor sky made her wince, making it hard to see who else was outside. Her vision returned to see Luke facing the woods away from her. Next to him were some of the native ewoks and the rebel soldiers. They were staring at something in the woods. And strangely enough, they all seemed cautious.

"Luke," Leia called out to her brother. She had to be sure she wasn't still dreaming.

She hastily approached where he stood. Luke turned to face her, a grim expression on his face that likely mirrored her own.

"Where's Han?" Leia asked.

"You felt it too? I'm sorry, Leia. I went looking for him just a second ago when," Luke said, clasping his sister's hand as he turned her attention to the thing the rest of them were staring at.

A statue.

Luke alongside the Ewoks and Rebel soldiers were staring at a... statue. In the middle of the forest with no other structures around. Was it left by the Empire? It didn't appear to be native to the planet based on the Ewok's expressions. It looked to be man-made based on the design. Angel wings on the back and the hands covering the eyes. Human symbolism she'd seen in several different cultures. 

"I don't understand, Luke. What is that thing? Does it have something to do with Han? Did anyone see him?" Leia asked.

A rebel soldier answered before Luke could respond, "I saw General Solo leave your hut during my watch. He wasn't dressed, I figured he was just going to take a piss. This thing showed up soon after. I didn't see who put it there."

"Well it didn't just come from nowhere," Leia said.

"Nobody else saw Han, not even Chewy," Luke said. He spoke low enough for the others to hear him but Leia knew he was addressing her.

She wasn't sure how to deal with this. Her feeling of dread for Han wouldn't leave the pit of her stomach. She could only follow her instinct and that was to problem solve.

"Well send a search party for him. He might of seen who put this here. And we need a scanner. I don't want this thing to surprise us," Leia said as the soldiers and ewoks began to follow orders.

"I've never felt anything like this. It's like Han just vanished," Luke said.

"Don't say that!" Leia pushed his shoulder from her. "I'm sure he's fine. Just wants me to worry and look like a fool."

Leia could hear herself say the words, but she didn't believe them. She could tell that Luke didn't either.

"Leia, you feel it as I do. Something isn't right." Luke said.

Leia didn't respond. She didn't know how to.

The scans of the statue had generated no results. Han's search party had found no sign of him. Even Chewbacca came up empty handed on tracking him down.

The minutes turned to hours. Leia drank her weight in caf and worked on what she had set out to do after the battle. The local Ewoks became more and more restless as everyone was on edge again.

Luke was the only one that hadn't gone back to work. He stayed by the statue, walking around it, observing it. He would reach out with the force and feel almost nothing.

Almost nothing.

He wasn't sure what it was but the angel statue seemed to communicate something. He couldn't describe the feeling, but he knew to trust his instincts.

Luke meditated in front of the statue, levitating himself from the forest floor. He couldn't be sure how long, maybe seconds had just passed, but when he opened his eyes, the statue moved.

The angel moved closer to him and wore a dark expression. Now fangs and sharp fingers instead of a shy angel.

Luke stumbled back and reached for his emerald lightsaber. A few inches away and he could strike it. It hadn't moved again now that he was looking.

Luke ignited his weapon. And with the light emitting from it, revealed that now there was not one but three statues.

All in the same lurching position. All surrounding Luke Skywalker.

The Weeping Angels have invaded the Star Wars Galaxy at the time of ROTJ.

The Star Wars Galaxy is Legends Expanded Universe at the time of ROTJ.

The Weeping Angels number in the hundreds of thousands. They win when they destabilize/wipe out the Empire and New Republic.

Star Wars Galaxy wins if they successfully keep the Weeping Angels at bay and drive them out of the galaxy.

• Like 1

Just saw this, man that's a scary thought for the warsies. I'm not too sure which way to vote, part of me thinks they could stop the tide of angels once they become wise to their tricks and figure out what needs to be done to coral them, but then again we still know so little about what the angels are capable of really (especially as an invasion force). If they start setting up weird paradox reliant stuff in the SW verse like the hotel they had in New York then shit could go real south.

How would the Force interact with angels I wonder? If Luke or someone were 'seeing' (more perceiving) them using it but not directly looking would they still freeze? Would he be able to track their movements if no? I genuinely have no idea. Dig the concept and setup either way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVP vs The Terminator said:

Just saw this, man that's a scary thought for the warsies. I'm not too sure which way to vote, part of me thinks they could stop the tide of angels once they become wise to their tricks and figure out what needs to be done to coral them, but then again we still know so little about what the angels are capable of really (especially as an invasion force). If they start setting up weird paradox reliant stuff in the SW verse like the hotel they had in New York then shit could go real south.

How would the Force interact with angels I wonder? If Luke or someone were 'seeing' (more perceiving) them using it but not directly looking would they still freeze? Would he be able to track their movements if no? I genuinely have no idea. Dig the concept and setup either way.

It is an interesting match-up. The way I figure, if the angels are invading the SW universe, then that means they will have to react to the Force in some way. The Force is everywhere and everything in that universe so the angels would interact with it in some form. I considered that which gives SW a fighting chance. I don't know if they could sense them but they probably could. But Force users are far and few between during the time period so they are really going to need to work together here.