Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Winter Soldier at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel

Battle Terrain

Undercover Agent

mission_undercover.jpg

Guest sithisson

Hard choices all around. Holmes can do this but then again this is something Bucky tends to be familiar with.

Guest tomisntblue

This is a toughy, Sherlock can disguise himself and get in, get the evidence and get out.  But Bucky can very well just shoot everyone down and get the evidence.

While Bucky could shoot everyone, I feel like that goes against the spirit of the challenge as they're supposed to be undercover.

Guest force_echo

This is not Sherlock Holmes' kind of challenge. He solves mysteries, he doesn't infiltrate organizations.

Guest bigballerju

Going undercover is Winter Soldier's thing. With stealth and more he easily infiltrates the masquerade to get the evidence.

Guest sithisson

Holmes solves mysteries sure but he's shown that he will disguise himself to gain information when he needs it. Still Bucky's a pro at this particular kind of thing.

Guest bigballerju

Bucky has literally been trained for undercover and does this on a regular basis. In the time it takes Holmes to come up with a disguise Bucky would be be halfway through and near the evidence.

Guest skadoosh

If Holmes can make flawless disguises out of materials from a century ago he can definitely come up with something here to hide himself with, get in, get the info and get out. Trouble is, Winter Soldier has much better training, experience and gear, so he's got just as big a chance of winning this.

Guest force_echo

That logic doesn't make any sense whatsoever. He can make rudimentary disguises, sure, but back in the 19th century they didn't have much in the way of detection software. What happens when some crucial information is stored on a computer (which is a near 100% possibility) or he has to get past electronic and laser based detection systems?

The disguising thing is put in there by the movies, I don't recall himself ever using it in the books.

Guest skadoosh

There is no reason to believe that the evidence they need to retrieve is on a computer. Also, there is the BBC Sherlock Holmes, set in the present day, to consider, and the original Sherlock did use disguises in the books, the recent films are just more flashy with it.

Guest force_echo

He did use disguises, but not that often, it might be something he can use now, but with fingerprint/retina/DNA scanning he might run into a hitch. And if you really think a mission set in present day to infiltrate an organization wouldn't involve a computer, you must be living on a different Planet Earth than I am. I can only comment on the Sherlock I know, which is the Sherlock from the books. Maybe BBC Sherlock can do better, I don't know.

Guest sithisson

Some of the Holmes of the modern era should know enough to work their way around computers and that assortment of things. Still Buckys the pro here again, Holmes doesn't have as much infiltration showings as far as I know as does the Winter Soldier especially considering this was part of the boy's training.

Sherlock has indeed disguised in the books. Most of the versions tended to do so one way or the other on a few cases.Here's a listing although you'll note that these versions tend to be either pastiche or parody. Still imitation tends to be a sort of flattery at times I suppose.

http://www.schoolandholmes.com/disguises.html