Season Losses: 0

Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Neji Hyuuga at Wikipedia

Official Site: Shonen Jump

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Tiny Island

terrain_island.jpg

Guest sithisson

Save for the release of wardrobe as a distraction, of which I'm not sure would even work on Neji, I'd say Faith will probably take a tumble on this one. Not saying it's going to be an easy fight nor that she should not at least get one hit or two in but I'm going on the thought that Naruto ninja might be just a tad faster then the Slayers no?

Save for the release of wardrobe as a distraction, of which I'm not sure would even work on Neji, I'd say Faith will probably take a tumble on this one. Not saying it's going to be an easy fight nor that she should not at least get one hit or two in but I'm going on the thought that Naruto ninja might be just a tad faster then the Slayers no?

It all depends on what they're bringing to the table. I'm not sure how this slot is supposed to work entirely. My assumption had been that everyone in this slot was at peak human level, but that was entirely something I assumed. If the characters bring all their powers to the table, then I'd give Neji the win.

Guest sithisson

It all depends on what they're bringing to the table. I'm not sure how this slot is supposed to work entirely. My assumption had been that everyone in this slot was at peak human level, but that was entirely something I assumed. If the characters bring all their powers to the table, then I'd give Neji the win.

True although one of his powers are directly part of his clan's background. Even with that whole 360 sensing thing Faith fighting him will be hard pressed to do so. Oh she could tank some of those hits of his and inflict some of her own on him but I'm thinking his speed is just faster.If they don't go out and out to the death they at least have interesting childhood stories they can share. Both know something about destiny after all among other things.

Guest tomisntblue

It seems that they have their powers, as other debates on this slot have suggested, and from the rule of "low powered" in the slot description, I assumed that just meant general street level characters who use martial arts primarily. 

If we go with that, Neji should win this. As mentioned, his 360 degree X-ray vision will make it hard for her to land a hit, his gentle fist style will mess her up good. While it's debatable if someone from a different universe has a chakra network to attack, the technique is very much like attacking pressure points. Opponents who have been hit by it have afterword been unable to move certain limbs. 

Guest sithisson

It seems that they have their powers, as other debates on this slot have suggested, and from the rule of "low powered" in the slot description, I assumed that just meant general street level characters who use martial arts primarily. 

If we go with that, Neji should win this. As mentioned, his 360 degree X-ray vision will make it hard for her to land a hit, his gentle fist style will mess her up good. While it's debatable if someone from a different universe has a chakra network to attack, the technique is very much like attacking pressure points. Opponents who have been hit by it have afterword been unable to move certain limbs. 

Agreed fully. Be it part of my team or not I'd tend to look at things analytically and in this case she's not handling this particular ninja.As to the idea of a chakra network in different universe I guess that depends on which universe one would be from.i'd consider the Buffy verse having some ideals of the Hindu religion in it. After all we see evidence of several different world views during the seasons, with Wiccan being one of the more prevalent seen via Willow and Tara not to mention the Gypsy outlook via Jenny before her demise.

Guest tomisntblue

Agreed fully. Be it part of my team or not I'd tend to look at things analytically and in this case she's not handling this particular ninja.As to the idea of a chakra network in different universe I guess that depends on which universe one would be from.i'd consider the Buffy verse having some ideals of the Hindu religion in it. After all we see evidence of several different world views during the seasons, with Wiccan being one of the more prevalent seen via Willow and Tara not to mention the Gypsy outlook via Jenny before her demise.

I'm of the opinion that chakra/chi/ki/whatever is something that should be present in all characters, since it seems to be the same basic concept across the board, just different terms for "life energy". But some people don't share that opinion, which is why I said debatable. But I feel the presence of any kind of chakra network would make things all the worse for Faith. 

Another advantage Neji has, is his ability to walk on water, and cling to trees. This gives him a bigger battle field than Faith, as well as more offensive and defensive options.

Guest sithisson

I'm of the opinion that chakra/chi/ki/whatever is something that should be present in all characters, since it seems to be the same basic concept across the board, just different terms for "life energy". But some people don't share that opinion, which is why I said debatable. But I feel the presence of any kind of chakra network would make things all the worse for Faith. 

Another advantage Neji has, is his ability to walk on water, and cling to trees. This gives him a bigger battle field than Faith, as well as more offensive and defensive options.

Indeed walking on water in this environment hands Neji this bout even easier. Even at their speeds, save for anything in the history where a magic using Watcher might have given a hand but that's just a wild speculation at most, I don't see anything that would suggest a Slayer could do the same at least with the water.Trees might be easier to handle given her athletic skill but that's just one of a few pluses in a field of favor dominated by Neji.

Faith has this fight in the bag.

I have watch every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and probably all the episodes of Angel where Faith is in. Also I have read some of the Buffy comics. And everyone knows I'm a super big Naruto fan. So in this match I feel as if I'm an expert so listen carefully you are dead wrong. And I don't mean dead as in Buffy dead where she'll just come back to life like 2 or 3 different times dead. Also it be nice if you gave any kind of argument to why and I quote "Faith has this fight in the bag."

Even if Faith doesn't have Chakra points the gentle fist can attack organs like the heart for example. Note Chakra may actually be a thing in the Buffy the vampire slayer world. Or at least something like it in a episode Giles training Buffy & he talks about her Chakra or Chi which is the same thing.

Faith being a slayer is nothing to over look and actually she could put up a half way decent fight against Neji believe it or not. Her slayer reflexes are amazing she can dodge gun fire and even catch a arrow in mid air that was fired from a crossbow. Her reflexes are so great I would say she could react and hold her own against most Naruto ninja's straight up Taijutsu. She is stronger than Neji which I'm pretty sure of. Neji is probably one of the weaker Naruto character when it comes to physical strength . However is top level speed and reflexes which I would say are above that of Faith. She could still hold her own but Neji attack speed would eventually overwhelm her.

Neji also has the clear edge when it comes to battle smarts. Faith probably has the edge in straight up Taijutsu skill, she has the fighting experience of 1000 years of past slayers in her. Which shines through when fighting, her body reactions naturally to years of training of past slayers.

If it's the characters at there most powerful then Faith would have the Scythe of the Slayers. Which would make it harder for Neji to beat her specially in close combat where one hit from the Scythe could chop his head off. But Neji has all his ninja weapons. Even if Neji couldn't beat her up close he would use his ninja skills and paper bombs to beat her from a distance. And he has Air Palm Jutsu to keep her at a distance. Plus he can walk on water and she can't. Win Neji.            

I disagree Blue Flame - you're not an expert.

If you were, you'd realize that Faith doesn't have the speed nor the reflexes to actually keep up with the speed of Nins from Naruto, especially the likes of Neji. Basically what I'm saying is: In close combat, Faith gets absolutely crushed. :) Anywhere else... goes without saying: She still gets crushed.

Hyuuga Neji has this in the bag. ;)

Guest sithisson

While I appreciate the defense stratagem Blue Flame it is as you, I and many have suggested. Faith is just outpaced here in terms of speed and the lack of the ability to water walk. Not saying she's a bad character overall but I think I'll pull her to the sidelines, win or lose in this match, and see what I can do in another slot first. Not saying she might not be making a return effort mind you.

I disagree Blue Flame - you're not an expert.

If you were, you'd realize that Faith doesn't have the speed nor the reflexes to actually keep up with the speed of Nins from Naruto, especially the likes of Neji. Basically what I'm saying is: In close combat, Faith gets absolutely crushed. :) Anywhere else... goes without saying: She still gets crushed.

Hyuuga Neji has this in the bag. ;)

Slayers can dodge gun fire from close range they have amazing reflexes. If you go by just feats (Which I do not) Faith has better feats of reflexes speed then Neji. HOWEVER Neji has this in the bag yes. 

That amounts to nothing considering Faith doesn't have the sheer speed to keep up with Neji, which you do not seem to be getting. :) Her reflexes are nil if her speed isn't capable of keeping up with Neji's attacks.

Ergo, my last post stands, Blue Flame.