Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Rumble 13956 Son Goku vs. Thor vs. Superman

Guest JLopez

Guest JLopez

JLopez Enter your Set-Up for the match here. This is your post - it belongs to you - and you may use the EDIT function at any time in the future to update this post.

Learn More About

Son Goku

Read more about Son Goku at Wikipedia

Official Site: FUNimation Links: Goku Wikipedia Entry DBZGT Legacy My Favorite Games

Thor

Read more about Thor at Wikipedia

Official Site: Marvel Links: Wikipedia: Thor Marvel Database Project: Thor Marvel.com: Thor

Superman

Read more about Superman at Wikipedia

Official Site: Detective Comics Links: Superman's Wiki Profile DC Database Project: Superman DC's Superman Site

Before the inevitably-hardcore debating starts, which versions of these characters are in this matchup? I get a feeling that you'd have to be more specific than just saying "the current versions". 

Just assuming here but well, as far as I know Goku won't be much of a factor in this fight. Miljnoir(sp) might give Supes some trouble but I think Supes might be able to beat him down.

Guest deojusto

Superman has an infinitely higher amount of protection on his upper and lower arms. Ergo he wins. 

Heh, you could really be more specific than that. Goku has several levels of super saiyijin, and several versions of Superman have been created since 1986. As it stands now, though, against current Thor and most versions of Superman, Goku is likely the first to go down -- and hard.

Guest Shockwave

Yeah, seriously, I love Goku more than Supes or Thor, but while Goku vs Thor might be more even (most knowledge for me comes from TV movies and the Thor 2011 movie). Superman and Thor is the balanced match.  Goku at SSJ is no match.  Maybe SSJ-God could he fight even, but win?  Doubtful.

Guest thanosisawesome

No one ever says that Goku will win, or makes any case for him, but he always does. Probably because there isn't a case for him.

No one ever says that Goku will win, or makes any case for him, but he always does. Probably because there isn't a case for him.

I think the greater trouble is playing favourites, or having a fleeting knowledge of abilities and character history.

Everyone knows Goku as FTL, insanely powerful, capable of creating and easily deflecting attacks that can destroy planets, and insanely skilled as far as martial arts goes.

All of that, depending on what episode you watch, is pretty accurate.

Also, a lot of people know these characters better by their non-comic mediums. Superman in TAS isn't as impressive as he is in the comics. The same goes for Thor between mediums.

No, incorrect. Not everyone thinks (that's the correct term in this case) that Goku is FTL.

A lot of people on here I know do not think he's FTL. :) As well as for his skill with martial arts, he's skilled but not insanely so along the likes of like said Karate Kid, Iron Fist, Batman, etc, etc - he's shabby in comparison. :)

Guest sirmethos

Just saw this

Everyone knows Goku as FTL, insanely powerful, capable of creating and easily deflecting attacks that can destroy planets, and insanely skilled as far as martial arts goes.

All of that, depending on what episode you watch, is pretty accurate.

Also, a lot of people know these characters better by their non-comic mediums. Superman in TAS isn't as impressive as he is in the comics. The same goes for Thor between mediums.

As Jaeter already pointed out, the majority of your post(primarily the part dealing with goku/dbz) is inaccurate.

1. While every seems to "know" that Goku, and a lot of other dbz characters, are FTL, I have so far not been presented with a single piece of evidence to support it. And that's despite having countless debates on just that, against people who honestly seemed to know the dbz universe like the back of their hand.

2. Then we have your statement of him being "insanely powerful". If you look purely at the DBZ universe, that's definitely true. But once you start putting him into the Marvel, DC, Image, etc.  universes, he's suddenly just a mid-level character, in terms of raw power, and lower end of the mid-level at that.

3. And finally "insanely skilled martial artist", again, just plain not true.  In his own universe, he is pretty much the top in terms of skill, but compared to a ton of other universes, his martial arts skills are relatively mediocre.

No, incorrect. Not everyone thinks (that's the correct term in this case) that Goku is FTL.

A lot of people on here I know do not think he's FTL. :) As well as for his skill with martial arts, he's skilled but not insanely so along the likes of like said Karate Kid, Iron Fist, Batman, etc, etc - he's shabby in comparison. :)

Just saw this

As Jaeter already pointed out, the majority of your post(primarily the part dealing with goku/dbz) is inaccurate.

1. While every seems to "know" that Goku, and a lot of other dbz characters, are FTL, I have so far not been presented with a single piece of evidence to support it. And that's despite having countless debates on just that, against people who honestly seemed to know the dbz universe like the back of their hand.

2. Then we have your statement of him being "insanely powerful". If you look purely at the DBZ universe, that's definitely true. But once you start putting him into the Marvel, DC, Image, etc.  universes, he's suddenly just a mid-level character, in terms of raw power, and lower end of the mid-level at that.

3. And finally "insanely skilled martial artist", again, just plain not true.  In his own universe, he is pretty much the top in terms of skill, but compared to a ton of other universes, his martial arts skills are relatively mediocre.

OK, let me address a couple of things. "Knows as" is a phrase that more or less means thinks. I'm known as an insufferable jackass to some people in the real world, but that does not mean I am an insufferable jackass.

The FTL thing is wrong. I didn't word my post well, and I know that other than Goku's instant transmission thing, FTL really doesn't apply to DBZ characters. (I'm also not sure the instant transmission is FTL)

I'm not going to back down on the insanely powerful thing. DBZ characters have the ability to destroy whole cities with ease, and at least Frieza has shown the ability to destroy planets. As Frieza is a relatively early villain in DBZ, and the characters only got more powerful over time, I'd say the term insanely powerful fits.

As for martial arts, I'm up in the air. A lot of it could be chalked up to who punches faster/harder as the show progresses, but, iirc, in the original Dragonball series actual skill plays a bigger role.