Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Tundra and Emerald

Guest tomisntblue

Guest tomisntblue

Emerald watched as the three suns set on the horizon. The Persian had come far in her life, farther than most people, from any universe. She started life in a place, was turned into a slave, then freed and returned as a princess.

That alone would have been amazing, but her world died and she was saved. Since then, she has traveled with the Doctor, she has seen so much more than she could have ever imagined. Emerald has traveled to different worlds, different dimensions, and made countless friends everywhere she's gone.

The sky went pitch black, for lack of a moon on this planet. But not after it sang a symphony of light. The crimson sky turned burnt orange, it changed to a cheery pink, then purple and blue, and finally settled on a deep green, that got darker and darker until the planet went black.

"So what happens now?" She asked, turning to where the Doctor and Captain Jack were sitting, even know she couldn't see them.

"Night only happens every 9 and half years on this planet," the Doctor explained, "The trees and plant life grow dependent on having light every moment. So when the suns set, they begin to die. In order to cope with this, the animals have evolved to save them.

Suddenly, every single animal in the forest lit up. It was a magnificent sight. The animals brightened the forest as if it were the middle of the day. "After four years of this, I thought nothing could surprise me anymore," Emerald said.

Elsewhere, on another world, in another dimension, the situation was much more sinister. Just outside the massive Reach City, in a cave that wasn't a cave, carved in the side of a mountain that wasn't a mountain, extraordinary, some would say super powered, beings were being held against their will.  

Among them, was a woman known as Tundra Wolf. What set her apart, in this instance, was the simple fact that they underestimated how much it would take to sedate her. Tundra began waking up, and found herself strapped to a medical table. She felt weak, and had no way of being sure if she could use her powers.

Looking around the room, she'd find 4 more tables, all empty, and the walls lined with glass pods, each one holding a hero from Reach City. Some of which she'd surely recognize.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra had no idea what was going on, the last thing she remembered she had been on assigned to a taskforce to check out the new landscape that sprouted overnight. Admittedly, in this particular universe any number of things could've been the cause for the spontaneous landmass so a full team was sent: her, a scientist she worked for, and the rest of the group was filled out by volunteer heroes.

"Oh, mierda..." Tundra groans in her native tongue when she realizes that they had been captured. She weakly struggles as she remembers what had happened: the tech guy was snooping around and Tundra was supposed to keep her wolfen nose open for traps, unfortunately she caught whiff of some knockout gas before she could relay that information. From the looks of things, the other's didn't do much better; which was bad considering two of the heroes were avatar's of Ice and Nature respectively. That just meant things were up to Tundra for the moment, even if she felt like crap from being drugged. She takes a deep breath before testing the straps and trying to pull free. Even if she wasn't at full strength, some tinkering around with her DNA has made Tundra stronger than the average girl.

Guest tomisntblue

Struggling against her straps would prove useless. Whoever was responsible had obviously counted on their captive being strong. However; she'd also find that only her wrists were strapped down, not her legs. A possible second over sight on the part of her captors. 

Before she could consider her advantages, she heard a door open. In walked a strangely shaped, man? She had no way of being sure what it was. But as it drew nearer, one thing became clear. It was...

. He walked to a near by desk, and began fiddling with tools. He stopped his humming and spoke in a very alien language* 

Just one Universe over, Emerald asked the Doctor, "So what happens now?" 

"We go," The Doctor said.

"Just like that?" Emerald protested, "But we just got here! Can't we explore more?" 

"There's nothing going on here," the Doctor said, "You saw the event, now take a picture and we'll be on our way to the next adventure. How about Space Disneyland? You like Space Disneyland." 

"Yeah, when I was 14..." Emerald said, "I'm 17 now, I'm well passed adult by many standards." 

"And still a fetus by Time Lord standards," the Doctor said, "Now come along Emerald, Jack, I don't want to have to wait in like for Earth-Mountain." 

Emerald huffed and rolled her eyes, "Fiiine," she groaned, "But I am NOT going to ride that Milky Way Jones Adventure ride again!" Which was, of course, a lie, she LOVED that ride. 

"Do you always give in to him?" Jack asked.

"No! Not ALWAYS," she said, "Why do you care anyway?"

"Well, you're 17 now," Jack said, "And for a 17 year old girl, you're awfully well behaved. I mean when I was your age I was.... Okay, you don't want to know that... But still, it's not natural for a 17 year old to lack a rebellious instinct." 

"Do you know who my dad was? I HAVE a rebellious streak to me."

"Keep telling yourself that, doll." Jack said, before running ahead into the TARDIS, "Join you on Earth-Mountain."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra curses as she proves too weak to break free. She watched as the man entered the room, if nothing else that explained who was responsible for the fake island. She gets a bit uncomfortable as the mystery doctor starts to mess around with what looks like surgical equipment, the wolf-girl has had a not so clean track record with mad scientists and being drowzy still wasnt helpin her flashbacks.

"You don't wanna bring that near me." she threatens in spanish-accented english, really offput with the possibilites of what he wanted to do. Of course true to her name she had a cooler head than it appeared, her fingers were feeling around the arm restraints for hinges or weakspots. Tundra Wolf got her name for a good reason and a little cryokinesis might be enough of a surprise to free her if she could muster it and it seemed like she could use the miracle and she appeared to be on a role with this guys oversights so far.

Guest tomisntblue

As the TARDIS materialized just outside the entrance to Space Disneyland, Emerald thought about what Jack had said. His words struck a cord with her. 

"Alright, here we are, come along." The Doctor said. 

"You guys go ahead, I want to grab my jacket." 

"You have a jacket?" Asked both the Doctor and Jack. 

"It just finished it, it's like my dad's." 

"Well, alright, we'll save a place for you in line." The Doctor said, ask he and Jack exited the craft. 

True to her word, Emerald grabbed her jacket. But, on her way out, she stopped at the control console. "I'll show you who has a rebellious streak," she said, throwing on her jacket then flipping the switches. Next stop, everywhere. 

Tundra's cryokinesis worked, but at a much weaker, and slower, pace than before. Her capture continued speaking to himself in his strange alien language, but from his tone is was apparent he was frustrated with something. 

Suddenly, there was a strange sound, like a

. And even know it was obviously far away, it was still loud enough to drown out her capture's voice. When the noise stopped, she could clearly him saying, "It's disgraceful is what it is. Sontarans shouldn't simply capture our enemies to experiment on. We should earn our victory on the field of battle, and take what we need from those whom we have fallen." 

He turned in Tunrda's direction and said, "I know your primitive human language capabilities prevent you from understanding this; but I am sorry for what must be done. I am, after all, a soldier under orders. And commander Strax does not deny his orders."  

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra was now biting her tongue as her she was struggling to so much as give her restraints a few layers of frost. She cursed at the lack of her luck, and just tried to be inconspicuous with it as the unknown creature was fiddling with something. Her ears have no problem picking up the odd whining noise, and she actually loo around for the source before realizing that it was far away and the armored foe didn't seem to notice. With that in mind, she kept up the freezing attempt before facing 'Strax' once more.

"What are you going to do to me?" she repeats, apparently he was speaking English now...even if he seemed to acknowledge the exact opposite. Right now she wasn't the wiser and just needed to stall until she could break free.

Guest tomisntblue

The TARDIS began to materialize, "Now, if I did everything correctly, I should be in my sister's home..." Emerald was cut off when the TARDIS suddenly fell. The time princess has forgotten to put the landing breaks on. Alarms began to sound, and she rushed to see what was happening. It soon became apparent that the TARDIS was fine, and the alarm was coming from outside. 

"Not good..." She said, looking at the monitor, "Very not good..." she said, when she noticed that she had landed in a steel corridor. Before long, soldiers began converging on her location. "Sontarans..." Emerald said, "The not goodest."

"Oh **nothing** too painful, not yet," Strax told her, "We just require a DNA sample. We will analiz__" he was cut off by the alarms.

ALERT! SECURITY BREACH! ALL SOLDIERS REPORT TO LEVEL 20! CODE OMEGA ONE!

"Damn!" Strax yelled, "Hold that thought. Apparently, the Doctor is in." With that, stormed out of the room. 

Tunrda's shackles were weakening. In a few minutes she'd be able to free herself. 

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra could only keep a straight face as her escape wasn't going the way she had hoped. While she was curious what the guy actually had to say, especially if he didn't think she could understand, the alarm was equally curious and him leaving could give her a chance to escape.

"The doctor?" she questions aloud as Strax is long gone. Whoever he was, he must've been the responsible for the noise from earlier, she thought. "Now's a good a time as any to make herself scarce." she comments before trying again to power out of the restraints. She didn't have anything better to do and a DNA sample didn't sound fun.

Guest tomisntblue

OOC: Heh, typoed on Strax's brief explanation about what was going to happen, to where it was the complete opposite of what I meant. Anyway, edited. 

After a couple moments she broke free. It took her well over a minute to freeze the steel restraints enough to break then, which was a good indicator of how much power she had. Her wrists were scrapped from the struggle, but nothing severe. She was now able to move freely around the room. The door seemed activated by a 3 fingered hand switch.

Along the walls were glass chambers where her team was suspended in some sort of fluid, with all sorts of tubs sticking out of them. The chambers themselves seemed to be connected to some sort of pipelines. She could try to free them, but had no way of knowing if it would kill them. 

In another part of the facility, inside the blue box of a ship, Emerald was in a panic, "Alright, I AM on Earth, or an Earth, and so are the Sontarans, or 'an' Sontarans. The controls are frozen - thanks TARDIS - and I have over 20 Sontarans closing in, with no way of knowing how many more are on their way. I could scour for weapons, but I have idea how long that will take. Otherwise my most weapons are, a bow, my quiver, a water pouch and a few magic words..."

Emerald got an idea. 

"Alright, let's do this!" Emerald said. 

She walked close to the doors, set her water pouch down, and said, "Adurna moi." luckily for her, the TARDIS didn't play well with magic and refused to translate magic words. As water began to move out of the pouch, it slipped under the crack in the door and into the corridor. 

She moved a lot of water, enough to cover the hall for for about a hundred paces. She was already getting tired. Maybe this wasn't the best idea. But the aliens were opening fire on the ship, she had to try. "brakka du sharjalví du adurna" the water froze at their feet.

She waited for them to realize shooting the TARDIS was futile. She got low to the ground and opened the doors. Their shots went high, as she rolled out, and said, "Ganga!" the simple command "go" was a spell aimed at the front most Sontarans. It knocked them back, and thanks to the ice the rest fell like dominoes. As they struggled to stand on the magic ice, Emerald used her agility to run along the walls and past her enemies. 

But for every victory, came a defeat, as the doors shut behind Emerald and the TARDIS left, thanks to the same emergency protocols that sealed the TARIS in the first place. 

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Ah dammit." Tundra grunts aloud as she rubs her wrists. Her escape was coming out as very underwhelming so far. She takes a few seconds before testing out her legs to see if she could walk properly before looking over to the glass tubes, backup was really sounding like a good idea. "Where's the off-switch." she mutters, deciding against breaking things out the hard way, if she was anywhere as weak as she feared then it would just be a waste of time even if it would work. Tundra instead decides on giving the room a once-over since there had to be another way out.

"Give me something to work with." she mutters, hoping to find the exits or at least something she could use defensively. Then it hit her, they had to have stashed their equipment somewhere. The scientist she was working with had a hi-tech phone and Tundra's firearms were probably with them. She hastened her search for any way out of the room, more desperate than she's felt in a long while.

Guest tomisntblue

Now that she was positioned behind them, Emerald waited with her arrows ready. As they stood, she picked them off with arrows to the weak point on the back of their necks,incapacitating them. With this group dealt with Emerald hurried away for the scene. "Time to find out what's going on." 

If she was thero, she'd find a few ways out, but none which would work for her. The room had some vents and shafts, but they all seemed too small for her. Aside from one, that was marked "medical waste disposal", which for some reason she could read. Otherwise, the only way out would be the front door.

As far as weapons, there were plenty of sharp surgical tools, but given her history with that she might not want to carry them around. There was another device, a short tubular, metallic device that may or might not be useful. 

Guest KevinDWolf93

"Can one good thing happen to me today...." Tundra curses as her options did not sound appealing. She likely wasn't going to be able to get through the door, if she did, who knows how long that'd take in her current state. She was torn by her bad choices, though she quickly decided to arm herself before anything. "First things first..." she mumbles before going over to the operating table and grabbing the largest blade she could get her hands on. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but if she did nothing then she'd likely be back /on/ an operating table.

"Ok ok....escape then get back up." she mutters before going over to the medical chute...she had no idea what these things used for it for and as far as she knew it was a furnace. Tundra quickly goes to grab something she could toss down and slides it below to see where it led. Even if it wasn't an incinerator she had seen A New Hope enough times to know blindly going own the waste disposal could be dangerous in the oddest ways.

Guest tomisntblue

Most of the equipment was either too small or too alien to be of any use, aside from one curved blade that looked like more of a weapon than a tool. Clearly the largest, and simplest to use, Tundra would pick it up. Only down side, the sharp side was curved inward.

Next throwing whatever device she found down the shaft, she'd hear a splash after about 3 seconds. Before she had time to plan any further, she heard the door open behind. "I wouldn't do that," a female voice warned as Emerald entered. Tundra would be able to hear her breathing heavily and the door close behind them. And if Tundra turned around, she'd see a woman in short shorts, barley a tube top, with a long red coat, a sword at her hip, knives at her waist, and a bow in her hand who was leaning against the door to catch her breath. 

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra gives a frown as the object hits the end of the line.

"A liquid...that's doesn't bode well." she mutters, already imagining what kind of sludge gets tossed down there. Still, it seemed to be the only way out until she got an unexpected second opinion. Since 'I wouln't do that" could be taken a number of ways, she disregards the fact that a female said it had assumed the worst. Tundra turns but only catches the 'feral' womans profile until after she's chucked the curved blade in Emerald's direction.

Guest tomisntblue

Emerald was fairly drained of energy. She hated relying on magic as much as she had, since it took the exact same amount of energy to do something magically as it did to do it physically. To fight her way past a squad of Sontarans using only magic but quite the toll on her body. So much, that her reaction time was slowed and the incoming weapon was much harder to dodge. And so, she had to magic her way out again.

She spoke a simple word, one that would require the least amount of energy possible, "Moi," the word meant "change" in the ancient language, and she changed the direction of the weapon ever so slightly. The knife stuck into the door, so close that it cut Emerald's hair. 

"See? Now you don't have a weapon," Emerald said, drawing her sword, "So can we skip the fighty part?" 

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra gives off a loud growl as her toss misses by a fraction. Watching Emerald draw her blade is plenty intimidating, though Tundra's in too much of a panic to freeze up. She was more than ready to put up a fight regardless of her

"I bet you'd like that....stay back es Sucia, I've had a bad day so far." she growls. Though she had a strong façade, Emerald didn't look like a pushover and aside from having a sword out and telling her to surrender, Tundra couldn't make out a single detail of the exotic woman.

Guest tomisntblue

Emerald studied the girl as best she could. Obviously, she was scared. Hence the knife throwing. But she didn't entirely seemed to want a fight. But, she was ready to defend herself if need be. Emerald knew the feeling all too well. 

"Yes, actually I would like that." she answered, putting her sword away. Emerald thought, trying to remember a phrase she had learned in the ancient language, "Fracy on-er aki ed-ear." It was one she had very little occasion to use, and she butchard the pronunciation to the point where it lost all meaning. Judging by the girl's body language, she could tell she had it wrong.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra watchers her lower the weapon. That didn't really gain any points for Tundra but it did make her curious and calm own enough to realize she probably wasn't with the 'domehead' that wanted to tear her apart. The mysterious girl's second 'encanting' of magic words freaked her out still, she didn't know what she was saying and Tundra didn't want to. Realizing where she still was, Tundra backs up near the door that slid down to the' medical waste disposal...whatever that was.

"Alright, keep yer distance /puta/. You want me so bad, you probably don't want me taking a fall down here right?" she asks, taking a risk to hold herself hostage. She still didn't know the girl's motive and was more than willing to do something stupid right now.

Guest tomisntblue

Emerald sighed. This rescue was decidedly not going her way. She'd watched the Doctor do it so many times, and it looked so easy for him. Just stay calm, stay focused, stay confident, she reminded herself.

"Yeah, uh, no, that wouldn't be good for anyone. That's acid down there, strong acid. You'd be burned alive in seconds."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra hesitates, for everything else she had no reason to not believe this girl. That meant an acid bath was off the table, the image was making her skin crawl alone and she almost did it.Still, she didnt know this girls intent and that just made her paranoid.

"Alright, tell ya what. I wont be doing that then, you win. Kick the swordacross to me and you can start blabbing without me threatening to kill myself...." she says. If she was trusteorthy maybe she d dof it, otherwise it was nothing to lose, as unfair a demand as it was. She just wasnt liking the feeling of helpless.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomisntblue

"I wouldn't need to do that if you didn't throw your only weapon," Emerald lectured, dropping her sword as requested. Of course she had no way of knowing that this woman wouldn't pick it up and attack her with it the moment she got her hands on another weapon. But, if Emerald wanted to earn her trust, she had to show that she could be trusted. Plus, she had a back up encase things turned fighty. 

And so, Emerald kicked her sword across the floor to Tundra. "I don't know how much time we have," she said., "I just came in her to find myself a momentary reprieve. But Sontaran soldiers can be on our asses at any moment. I don't know what they're planning, or why you're here, but I'm going to find out."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KevinDWolf93

Tundra ignores the tactical advice and just picks up the sword. She weighs it in her hand, a good blade, exotic too. It raised more questions on who the woman in front of her was, but she was making enough sense to where Tundra could wait to ask for when they were safe. Despite that she still had no idea where to go from here.

"Sontarans...eggheads, blue armor?" she questions, more or less describing the guy who was a few seconds from cutting her up. Now that she thought about it, she probably triggered that first alarm. "Ya overhear them or something? Suppose whoever was watching you got careless." she comments, assuming that Emerald had managed a better escape attempt than Tundra did.