The Leprechaun: 0

Rumble 20545 Team Fortress 2 vs. Inhumanoids
MATCH SCORE
Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

CARNIVORE - A Post-apocalyptic Neobarbaric Renaissance RP

Guest KMHayden

Guest KMHayden

It may have already started, but you can join at any time!

---

GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

I'm back. Even though when I was last here, I got nothing done. That was two years ago, or something like that. I was still a scrawny weasel of a teenager then. Believe it or not, I'm different now! Even though it seems only a scrawny teenager can come up with an idea like a post-apocalyptic neobarbaric renaissance, only a man can be willing to go through with it!

This is CARNIVORE - The Roleplay. Or at least that's what I want it to be. Anyone ever heard of the old thrash/hardcore band CARNIVORE? Regardless, they released a self-titled album about the post-nuclear-apocalypse. They didn't intend on me interpreting it as a concept album, but I did, and thought, "This would make an amazing novel!" So I started writing that novel today, even though it's been in my untermensch of a brain for probably a year now. It's about the rise of new societies in the grand wake of Amerikus (the forsaken grounds of the post-war USA); some want to restore the 50 (police) states of old; some want to create a new, better country (nowhere to go but uphill from here, anyways); some want to create a neobarbaric renaissance that hasn't existed for hundreds if not thousands of years; and some lurk below the ground, gone below to escape the death of the nuclear winter, but have since become abominations of nature and mother science.

The roleplay would be set in one of three timelines:; immediately after the Third Great War, when America is presumed completely annihilated, but survivors exist, and must fight for their lives; fifteen years after the Third Great War, when the mentioned societies of Amerikus exist and are in an infantile stage, and survivors must fight to shape the new creations; or during the course of the novel (your character could be in an novel canonically!), when the societies are set in their paths (for the most part), and the only goal is survival amongst the warring factions and the wastelands!

Character design would be not exactly stat-based, but of some ratings (henceforth, your character will be referred to as "you"):

---

CHARACTER SHEET - CARNIVORE RP

Name: (Nothing too out of the ordinary; "Sabatawake Sanjuro" or "Jimmy Smith" would be fine, but not "Örkus of Ballcrushing-Might")
Race: (Your ethnicity; Hungarian, Japanese, American, but not something ridiculous, like Vinland of Type O Negative fame)
Appearance: (Tell us what you looks like)
Common Bio: (Here you can put in common knowledge of yourself, such as political views, marital/relationship status, feelings about cannibalism, etc.)
P&P (Psyche & Physique): (Here you should tell us about yourself in terms of strength, intelligence, agility, etc. without the use of stats. I expect you not to abuse this and be the mastermind body-builder with 2 metre long legs. Be realistic. I don't mind if you play a character like yourself.

---

I will fill out this character sheet for semi and important NPCs as well, and post it in the role play.

Currently, that is all I need to start this. The storyline and plot points will be developed over time. I want our characters to be realistic, so don't post your characters entire life in your character sheet. Tell us during the roleplay in dialogue. I'm open to questions and suggestions, private and public here.

Thanks, guys. It's good to be back.

This sounds pretty interesting. My have to give it a shot.

Guest KMHayden

You guys go on ahead and make a character sheet, then. Questions will be answered

Here's a few questions of my own: what are the rules we have on language usage, and what are the rules on censorship?

Guest sirmethos

This actually looks pretty interesting... -.-

When do you plan on actually starting the RP? 'cos at 'bout 23-25th, I will have minimal activity for 2 weeks. So if you're planning on starting before that, then I should probably stay out.

But if you plan on starting after that period, then I'd almost definitely be interested in joining.

Guest nrdman

This looks really good!

Name: Carl Johnson

Race:100% Polish

Appearance: Scrawny, Nerdy, Tall

Common Bio: To come later

P&P: College Worm in both aspects.

As everyone can tell, my character will do all the heavy lifting. ;)

Guest KMHayden

I plan on starting whenever it's acceptable with the general community that's playing. So probably at the beginning of next month or the end of this one.

As for the censorship, this will be toned down greatly from the novel. I hope I can get away with some necessary things, though. Maybe just leave it to inference. Can I curse with the use of the first letter followed by asterisks? Like C********?

A Polish nerd named Carl Johnson? Interesting choice. :P

Also, semi-related topic; I could do with creative help on the novel, so go ahead and let me know if you're interested.

Guest tomisntblue

Hey little(er) cousin, good to see you back. This RP seems more than interesting (very interesting?). I'll fiddle with some character ideas. Maybe I can adapt some I planned on using elsewhere.

As for help with your novel goes, you're not the only aspiring writer in the family, so feel free to ask me anytime.

Hey little(er) cousin, good to see you back. This RP seems more than interesting (very interesting?). I'll fiddle with some character ideas. Maybe I can adapt some I planned on using elsewhere.

As for help with your novel goes, you're not the only aspiring writer in the family, so feel free to ask me anytime.

Is that Blue Flame?

Name: Gabriel Clark

Race: Caucasian

Appearance: 6'3" 250lbs Brown Hair and Blue eyes 29 yrs old

Common Bio: Was married. Likes to hunt and good at farming. Relatively good tracker. All in all and outdoorsman.

P&P (Psyche & Physique): Works out regularly. Went to college on a football scholarship and played defensive end. In college he Majored in sports medicine. After college he took work in construction. Good at physical labor. Fast for his size. He is an all around good guy (Clark Kent like personality)

Guest KMHayden

Judging by the two character sheets we've got so far, I'd say the plot will be five years post-war.

Tom, thanks for the welcome back.

I'll be posting a map of the "known world". I'm debating on where to start us out, but I know it will be within a week's walk to Brooklyn. Suggestions are welcome.

Name: Rick Gomez

Race: Hispanic

Appearance: 5'10, 170 lbs. Rick Gomez was a fire fighter before the great war began. He is young, but not too smart.

Common Bio: A young Fireman, Rick was not married, he lost his girlfriend in the war panic. She was killed in a riot. He has no real political party, just going with the crowd. Having a bachelor's in Fire Science, although he got hired for his strength.

P&P: Young, has some strength thanks to his training. Hot- headed, he is quick to anger, and not too smart.

( Seems we have the genius guys)

Guest Sincere Poet

Name: Liam Murphy

Race: Irish/American (Raised in America with American Ideals)

Appearance: Mullet, Mustache, cutoff flannel, grey hoody (on occasion), wife beater, ripped jeans, chucks.

Height: 5’10’’

Weight: 150lbs

Common Bio:

-Dropped out of high school due to drugs and alcohol.

-Parents help him quit the addiction, works on their farm.

-He embraces Christianity into his life, devoting his time to the church.

-He meets his wife, Ellie in church. They marry and have a daughter named Samantha.

-The third Great War ravages America. His parents are killed but his family survives.

-Family attacked by bandits, his wife and daughter (14 years of age) are r*ped and murdered, as he had been beaten unconscious and presumed dead. He buries their bodies and with them his belief in God.

-Falls back into his old addictions of drugs and alcohol. (Present)

P&P (Psyche & Physique): He is weak in strength and body and suffers from withdrawals when there is a time without using. High school dropout, drugs have fried his brain slightly. He knows the outdoors well growing up on and working on a farm. He never stands down to bully’s and protects those that are weaker than himself. Without his belief in god he strives to find a new purpose in his life.

This was quickly done, but I think I got everything in there. Ill just edit in anything I forgot.

Guest nrdman

Updated

Name: Carl Johnson

Race:100% Polish

Appearance: Scrawny, Nerdy, Tall, Pale, Fake Glasses

Common Bio: College student who was majoring in computer programming. His hobby was reaserching when the apocalypse would come. He was so absorbed in his work that he didn't realize it had happened until a week later. He doesn't get out much.

P&P: College Worm in both aspects. Could hack most computers, but it would never occur to him to do so, even for his own survival.

Guest KMHayden

So we've got Carl, Gabriel, Rick, and Liam. No female characters participating? Maybe a good thing in the carnivorous wastelands of Amerikus.

Pennsylvania is pretty much the only available place to start, I suppose.

I'm still surprised I've been given no questions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KMHayden

The end of the month is coming, guys, which is the unofficial starting time presumably. If we can all agree on a date between the 25th and the first of next month, I'm just about ready.

Guest KMHayden

Due to a surprise spree of ironic and spontaneous events, I am unable to put the finishing touches on and start the RP today. However, I should have plenty of time tomorrow to at least let out a decent introduction and allow for some free-form roleplaying to get things going.