X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 10626 The Joker vs. Deathstroke

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

Slade "Deathstroke" Wilson, AKA Deathstroke The Terminator, AKA the greatest assassin this world has ever known, was for once, unsure of what to do next. His brow is furrowed, his eyes are clenched tight, and a single bead of sweat slowly edges it's way down his bearded face. And all the while, the clown just keeps laughing!"Quiet!" Deathstroke barks."OHEHEHE, w-what's the matter Slade, the great assassin finally admitting defeat? AHAHAHA!""I'll never admit defeat, most especially to an imbecile such as yourself!" Deathstroke replies. The Joker's hysterics stop for a moment as he looks down at Deathstroke sitting across from him, a perplexed expression adorning his features. But that doesn't last long, as soon, his ever present smile reapears."Ah ah ah Slade, don't let your anger get the better of you. I don't want this to be TOO easy for me now.""Will you just-!" Slade slams his hands on the table, his one eye going wide as his teeth clench. But he stops himself. No, no the clown was right. He can't let his anger get the better of him. If he just concentrates, just calms down and assesses the situation properly, he can-"Oh please will you just go already!" Joker yells. "Are you in, or are you out?"Deathstroke stares at the madman before him, gazing deep into his eyes. Those eyes reveal oblivion. This would be his greatest challenge yet, he knew. But he could not give up."I'm in.""AHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Joker nearly falls out of his seat at he laughs himself out. One by one, the cards fall on the table, and Deathstroke can feel his heart sink further with each passing one.A 10 of spades, a jack of spades, a queen of spades, a king of spades, and finally, an ace of spades."Grrr, ARGH!" Deathstroke visciously kicks the card table across the room, and stomps off. That damn clown got a straight flush! He won AGAIN! How does he do it!? He's such a good liar... he can see right through Deathstroke..."Hehe, let's face it Slade, I'm just better then you." Joker pipes up. This causes Slade to do a 360 spin, his cold eyes glaring daggers at Joker."At cards maybe!""No no don't be foolish. I beat you at cards BECAUSE I'm better then you. I can read you like an open book! If you have a good hand, I know! If you have a bad hand, I know! I'm also a better liar then you! Honestly Slade, I wasn't expecting you to win, but I was hoping someone who could use 90% of their brain would at LEAST give my acting chops a challenge."Deathstroke mutters something under his breath as he crosses his arms and looks away. Never in his life had he met someone who could out talk him, but Joker now did just that! His eyes, his expression, Deathstroke would read it all in an effort to figure out what cards Joker had. And he would be so confident to, in his predictions. But then Joker would turn right around and show Slade he had the exact OPPOSITE of what he was thinking. Just when Slade thought he had Joker's tells figured out, the clown switched everything upside down and Slade was lost again.And to make matters worse, it seemed Joker, no matter how hard Deathstroke tried to hide it, always knew EXACTLY what cards HE had. Goddamn clown and his tricks!"You cheated!" Deathstroke suddenly yelled. Joker threw his hands up in mock surprise, his face twisted into one of shock."How dare you accuse me of such a thing!" He rebutted sarcastically. And, once again, he smirked."The Joker never cheats,""Bah!" Slade waved Joker off and turned, taking his leave."Oh what's with the bahs. Your starting to act like Doom." Joker mused. When Deathstroke didn't reply, he began to give chase."Hey hold up, where ya going?" He asked."Away from you and your nonsense!" Deathstroke practically screamed."But I thought we were having fun!" Joker whined.Pfff, maybe YOU were." Deathstroke began. "But I have no time for childish games.""You didn't think our game of go fish was childish!" Joker countered."That's because I won." Deathstroke replied."Yes, but I won Candy land!" Joker said as he triumphantly threw his fist in the air."That was by pure luck!" Slade screamed. "It required no skill, no strategy, just whoever picks the best cards!""Luck is always a valuable asset." Joker said slyly."I'd rather have skill over luck." Deathstroke said under his breath."Well then it's a shame you have neither!" Joker then once again erupted into a fit of hysterics."I have more then you!" Slade was getting REALLY angry now. "Tell me, who solved the rubics cube first?""Hmph, why don't YOU tell ME who won our little chemistry showdown?" Joker asked."... So were tied then." Slade finally voiced. Joker's eyes raised, his lips pursing."It appears so." He said in a tone indicating he had just now realized this. "You also won our game of Monopoly, which puts us both at 3 wins.""So... we'll need a tie breaker." Slade said. Joker looked up for a moment, considering what game could possibly determine which of them was better. Then he smiled, and looked back down. He locked eyes with the assassin, and he could see in that moment they both had the same idea. A silent agreement passed at that moment, no words were required. They both knew what to do."I call white pieces!" Joker giggled as he scurried off to retrieve the chess board.

Guest skadoosh

A chess game? Cool idea. Deathstroke is probably the better tactician and fighter, generally, so i think he wins. Joker will have some tricks up his sleeves, obviously, but hes just not the tactical genius Deathstroke is.

Guest tomisntblue

My first thought was Deathstroke wins easily. But Joker's unpredictably combined with his genius level IQ will keep Deathstroke guessing. But, considering the nature of chess, Joker's tactics will only work for so long as there's only so many outcomes. Deathstroke will eventually win this.

Guest Spytheman

Didn't Joker once casually own Ra's al Ghul in chess? And that was casually. If he's really thinking, I bet he can win.

Guest badpierce

Great setup. Both are Super smart. I dont know who is the better Chess player so I will wait for someone to back up spytheman's claim.

Guest servo5

I think Deathstroke wins. In the set up Deathstroke was doing better with games where you had to think. Joker was doing better at games where more luck was involved (poker, Candyland, etc.). According to where the set up is headed, I think Deathstroke wins.

Guest skadoosh

Damn. Solid proof of the Jokers immense intelligence and unpredictability. However, i would have thought that Deathstrokes extra-brain-power, whatever it is, would put him at least on a par with someone like Ra's Al Ghul in terms of tactical planning. Ra's has had far more experience than Deathstroke, of course, so hes arguably better, and definitely smarter, he simply has more information accumulated, but in terms of just plain tactics shouldnt Deathstroke at least rival Ra's...?

Guest sirmethos

Game of chess between the Joker and Deathstroke.

Deathstroke wins, easily.

While the Joker is definitely highly intelligent, Deathstroke has been directly stated as being "the greatest strategical and tactical mind on the planet."

Guest SSGoku
Damn. Solid proof of the Jokers immense intelligence and unpredictability. However, i would have thought that Deathstrokes extra-brain-power, whatever it is, would put him at least on a par with someone like Ra's Al Ghul in terms of tactical planning. Ra's has had far more experience than Deathstroke, of course, so hes arguably better, and definitely smarter, he simply has more information accumulated, but in terms of just plain tactics shouldnt Deathstroke at least rival Ra's...?

Deathstroke is probably BETTER then Ra's as a strategist, but Ra's isn't far behind. If Joker can beat Ra's easily, then I think if he put a bit more effort into it he could beat Deathstroke as well.

Guest Spytheman
Deathstroke is probably BETTER then Ra's as a strategist, but Ra's isn't far behind. If Joker can beat Ra's easily, then I think if he put a bit more effort into it he could beat Deathstroke as well.

exactly!

Guest sirmethos
exactly!

If you wanna use that kind of logic, then Deathstroke still wins.

Ra's generally ends up getting outsmarted/out-thought by Batman. The Joker has actually been able to out-smart the Bat on a few occasions. This goes along with the fact of Joker beating Ra's.

Now, while the Joker has been able to out-smart the Bat on a few occasions, it's mostly the other way around. Which just goes to show that the two are close, but Batman is mostly the superior.

In all of Batman and Deathstroke's 1on1 encounters, Deathstroke has walked away as the winner.

In terms of strategical/tactical skill. Ra's gets beaten by Joker's unpredictability. So, Ra's < Joker < Batman << Deathstroke.

Or you could just go with real logic, and the fact that Deathstroke is the greatest strategical mind on the planet.

Guest Spytheman
If you wanna use that kind of logic, then Deathstroke still wins.

Ra's generally ends up getting outsmarted/out-thought by Batman. The Joker has actually been able to out-smart the Bat on a few occasions. This goes along with the fact of Joker beating Ra's.

Now, while the Joker has been able to out-smart the Bat on a few occasions, it's mostly the other way around. Which just goes to show that the two are close, but Batman is mostly the superior.

In all of Batman and Deathstroke's 1on1 encounters, Deathstroke has walked away as the winner.

In terms of strategical/tactical skill. Ra's gets beaten by Joker's unpredictability. So, Ra's < Joker < Batman << Deathstroke.

Or you could just go with real logic, and the fact that Deathstroke is the greatest strategical mind on the planet.

Well have Deathstroke and Batman ever really gotten into any MIND battles? Because of their confrontations that I know off, all were physical.

Guest sirmethos
Well have Deathstroke and Batman ever really gotten into any MIND battles? Because of their confrontations that I know off, all were physical.

Any fight is as much as mental as a physical battle.

And on the same note, since you seem to keep comparing Ra's to Deathstroke, when have those two been in a MIND battle?

Guest badpierce
Any fight is as much as mental as a physical battle.

And on the same note, since you seem to keep comparing Ra's to Deathstroke, when have those two been in a MIND battle?

I think deathstroke himself has said if not for his physical enhancements he would not be able to defeat batman.that being said, chess and fighting are not that similar and until someone shows me that deathstroke is a chessmaster then I say joker has an edge. No one questions that mr fantastic is smarter the iron man but Tony beat him at chess. Its just chess and it appears that the Joker is very good at it.

Guest sirmethos
I think deathstroke himself has said if not for his physical enhancements he would not be able to defeat batman.that being said, chess and fighting are not that similar and until someone shows me that deathstroke is a chessmaster then I say joker has an edge. No one questions that mr fantastic is smarter the iron man but Tony beat him at chess. Its just chess and it appears that the Joker is very good at it.

Chess is a game of strategy.

Deathstroke is stated as being "the greatest strategical mind on the planet."

It's not that difficult to understand.

Guest badpierce

It does seem like a stretch to me. If he isnt already a great chess player then I think he would be at a disadvantage. Just becouse he has a great strategical mind doesnt mean he is great at everything right away. I dont think he could out strategize say Bill Parcells at coaching football or out strategize Quark at Dabo. It seems to me the Joker is a proven better chess player. Until someone shows me something that says Deathstoke is a chessmaster, Joker gets my vote.