The Xenomorph Queen: 5

Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

The UWT Topic

treacherous

The idea of exoduses is stupid. I can agree with you on there but I am calling it like how I see it based on previous sightings from shifting members of one chatroom to another. It's a recurring trend on the PJJ which seems to show no real end of slowing down. Like I said, I've seen it happen with NKCC to EarthNow, and EarthNow to Warzone. The main reason for the exoduses is generally how people don't like either the general attitude from members of one chatroom, or how the administrators run things and they decide to make their own chatrooms.

The problem with this is that because of this recurrent trend, it is almost impossible for a community to effectively roleplay anymore. If anything it'll eventually lead to the downfall of many PJJ chatrooms, and it's already claimed one or two.

That's PJJ's current trend in general. And it shows no sign of slowing down.

All I am doing is calling things how I see them, and you are inclined to agree or disagree with me. However, from what I've seen in this thread, general attitude is:

"You guys came from here, you're still a part of us. Therefore we are affiliated."

"No we're not. We do our own thing, we didn't like this elitist attitude some of you guys had, and therefore decided to move. Leave us alone."

-Rakai'ThweI

Ah. Me, I'm trying to get into both worlds. I like EF, and I like PJJ. It shouldn't matter if they are affiliated or not, because the people who are a part of both sites are just that: a part of both sites. I see all your points though Rakai, and can understand the feelings from both parties, regardless of how silly I see them as. At least, from my subjective point of view. :o

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scuffle? Exodus? Why all the conflict inducing words lol? I moving over to the PJJ thing had nothing to do with snark (which I hadn't even heard of till now), it was just a better way to play than over the forums. I like the faster pace, because it means that my character doesn't have to be involved in every single thing that goes on for the sole reason that its the only thing going on at the time, which was always the case on EF. If you read or type slow, then I guess that's a different story, but that's not an issue for me so

Scuffle? Exodus? Why all the conflict inducing words lol? I moving over to the PJJ thing had nothing to do with snark (which I hadn't even heard of till now), it was just a better way to play than over the forums. I like the faster pace, because it means that my character doesn't have to be involved in every single thing that goes on for the sole reason that its the only thing going on at the time, which was always the case on EF. If you read or type slow, then I guess that's a different story, but that's not an issue for me so

Like you, I didn't even notice the supposed malice in the atmosphere. I feel almost as if I might've been living under a rock. Or perhaps just a very hard place.

Guest tomisntblue
I just saw this. My response?

Subjective opinion.

Nah. I mean, weather or not you like him is subjective... but bland's just not a good word to use to describe him.

I prefer real time chat rp to forum greatly. I have since 1992 when I first did it on AOL.

EF is a great board, and for slower (and ofttimes) less time consuming RP it would be fine.

But my work is mainly at home so I have a lot of time, therefore, PJJ is superior for me.

Also, tired of forum RPs flopping the moment they get interesting.

Conflict? Exodus? Maybe the latter but the former, not seeing it.

You can find me in chat rooms, but I've mainly moved on. Its like wargames moved up to roleplaying moved up to online just moved up from forum to chat. I see it as an evolution in gaming.

I for one am a major part of UWT, having been with it since the beginning UWT2. I am not aware of any SNARK whatsoever that would have prompted said "exodus" from EF Forum to the PJJ Chats. What I am aware of is UWT3 dying and it being abandoned. What I am aware of is the Main GM of UWT2 and UWT3 (The honor was originally the user, AKUMA's but it shifted to Hugo Fowl) decided to move it to the PJJ format for ease in comparison to the forums. He discussed it with the players on Mibbit from I recall. The players agreed and said they would try it out at least. Hence, UWT4 came to be.

Anyhow, I have an actual official statement from Hugo Fowl. Please do keep in mind, this pertains only to Hugo Fowl himself and not the others who made the move... he is not UWT itself, which Rakai seems to be confusing, whatnot with "exodus" and this "conflict".

Greetings and salutations to the people of EF. This is your friendly, neighborhood Hugo Fowl. Formerly of the EF community. Imagine my surprise when I saw this thread brought to my attention by the people I play with on a regular basis, only matched by my amusement. Hence, this to set the record straight.

Concerning the #CBUB channel and our RP talks there, for those who wish to speak of other topics, you only need make them. Otherwise, simply idling and complaining about other people speaking is quite foolish in hindsight. Second, about this...."Conflict" some people are talking about, there really isn't any. Unless some secret war is being conducted by my EVIL organization against this site. If so, heads shall roll.

Nah, but seriously, partly to placate the silent(and not so silent) whiners and partly for reasons I shall unfold, the UWT Mibbit channel was created as a place from which we could very well talk all we like without idlers nor unwelcome people. The other part was certain parties who shall remain nameless who in the spirit of free speech thought it would be a riot to ban people who agreed with the idea of FPL being an outdated concept. It was obvious we were not welcome, and so why stay? Hence my own movement to PJJ as well as leaving the EF site as a whole. Forum RP's, more so with only one GM and many players tend to go slow, and quite frankly have a habit of dying more often then no. To say nothing of the annoying tendency for people in groups to not all be on when it requires them. PJJ is free of such annoyances, and makes things smoother for people overall. Certain power players being an exception.

So yes, for all intents and purposes insofar as I am concerned, I have left Electric Ferret as a whole to concentrate on my PJJ room as a whole. Second of all, anyone who wishes to head over and check it out is more then welcome. Though our standards in writing are high, and good IC interaction is a must as well. Whether you play an original character you wish to flesh out, a canon figure you happen to be a fan of, come in! We do not discriminate, and the most you'd have to worry about in terms of gameplay, is the concept of good, solid characterization. No matter who you play.

Now concerning this..... "Conflict."

As I have said, unless there is someone here with a grudge against me in general, I invite them to talk in out in the world I have created, with the help of my people, the UWTers of Pjj. Morbid curiosity is rearing its head, and I am most interested and amused to see what they would have to say on a subject I'm ignorant of entirely.

UWT4

I remain ladies and gentleman (And men who dress like ladies), your former collegue-in-forum,

-Hugo Fowl.

I didn't even write for CBUB in the first place, so you all lost nothing from me :o

:o I remember those Assassin Creed/Mirror's Edge matches you made. Those were tight, bruh. Even though, I've never played Mirror's Edge...unless you count the demo...

:o I remember those Assassin Creed/Mirror's Edge matches you made. Those were tight, bruh. Even though, I've never played Mirror's Edge...unless you count the demo...

Ah, heh. well, one, you should play it, twas an awesome game. And two, lack of comments and such made me think no one was paying attention, heh. One of the various problems all CBUBers have I imagine

Guest Hayesmeister5651
Ah, heh. well, one, you should play it, twas an awesome game. And two, lack of comments and such made me think no one was paying attention, heh. One of the various problems all CBUBers have I imagine

Yup.