X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 9552 S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Punisher vs. Gods of Asgard

Guest callisto

Guest callisto

The SHIELD Hellicarrier, flying over the East Coast of North America, a different time..."Well, now that we've got the plan sorted, we better get you your gear. Im glad you agreed to this Castle. Its a job only you are capable of pulling off. I know it may seem harsh, but - ""As if this being 'harsh' would put me off at all.." grumbled Frank Castle.Nick Fury looked at him, chewing a cigar. "I was gonna say that its necessary, and i think you know that. We cant let him continue like this. He is too brash, too proud, and too powerful. Hes a God, for f*cks sake. When he lets lose, or has one of his tantrums, too many people are at risk, and we cant have that." The two men were walking through the dark corridors of the Hellicarrier, SHIELDs base of operations. Several hours earlier, Fury had asked something of Castle that had actually shocked the vigilante, which didnt happen often. Castle had spent his entire adult life killing people, it was all he knew, it was his language, his purpose, but what Fury had asked him to do... It was insane, but as the head of SHIELD had said, it was necessary. As if to conform this belief, Fury stated "Just as throwing the Hulk of the planet was necessary, so is this job, Frank." "I know" said Castle, coldly. They came to a door, and Fury pressed his hand against a sensor, spoke sharply at the voice-recognition device, and the door slid open."Here we are," said Fury, sounding almost happy. "the play room."They were in a large, complicated room, filled with advanced technologies too complicated for everyone, save three men, to understand. Screens flickered from images to numbers, and back, mechanical arms passed instruments around, held plates of metal in place, welded, fixed, worked away. Castle looked at it all, wondering where the guns were."Ive had Stark, Richards and Pym working on the gear your going to need. You better get suited up soon, we're sending you in at oh-six-hundred hours. Ill leave you to it." Fury chewed puffed on his cigar, nodded at Castle, and left the room.Castle walked down the stairs, and over to the three smartest men in the world, who were staring at computer screens and talking to each other in stern voices, and said, grimly, "So, what am i gonna kill this Norse stud with?"Reed Richards looked up, removed the large, blue-lensed goggles he was wearing, and said, "Ah, Frank Castle, your here, good. I apologize for the rapidity of all this, our first estimates and recent calculations pointed to you or Wolverine, and we couldnt find him, hes run off somewhere, but Fury said you would be more, ah, willing to help, so - ""Just suit me up, doc." "Yeah, the man doesnt need a lecture, Rich" quipped Tony Stark as he walked past Richards and shook Castles hand. "Glad your on team, soldier, now lemme show you something youll really like."Stark walked Castle over to a tall, thin, transparent container, wires and pipes protruding from underneath it, emitting a slight humming noise. Inside, somehow suspended in mid-air, were several golden bullets, with small attachments on the back. "What exactly are they?" asked Castle, inspecting them with keen eyes."These babies are whats gonna put this guy down," said Stark, with a hint of pride. "Pure Adamantium bullet, with a force-field-generation device, and a layer of, get this, anti-Asgardian-particles, courtesy of our good friend Hank Pym over there."Pym turned around, a look of sadness on his face, of grim agreement. "I never wanted to do this, i feel like a monster, but as Stark so considerately put it, they are indeed anti-Asgardian-particles. I wont bore you with the details of how they work, but they do. One hit from one of these, and...""And, kapow, down he goes" said Stark. Castle looked at him "Alright, and what am i shooting these with?" he asked."A modified sniper-rifle, my own design. Its a beauty." replied Stark."And youll be wearing a suit of highly advanced stealth suit, designed by all of us. You should get ready, its almost time for you to leave." said Pym. "And Castle,"Frank Castle looked away from a screen showing the blue-prints for Asgard, and met Pyms regretful eyes. "Yes?""Dont do anything you dont have to." Pym hung his head. Richards put an arm around him and walked him away."I know how hard this is for you, but you know this is the right thing to do...""Ah, hes just nervous, everyone knows this has to happen." Stark said, patting Castle on the back. "The guys got more pride than me, so you know its bad, and hes a lot more immediately-powerful. He cant be left to just - ""I know. Hes too dangerous to be kept alive. I understand, Stark. But i only kill criminals, men who break the law, and shatter peoples lives, and despite the indirect deaths and collateral damage hes caused, he barely fits that description." Castle growled. "Now f*ck off, i need to suit-up.""Jeez, dont get your skull in a twist.." said Stark, walking away. A few hours later, Fury entered the room. Standing at the top of the stairs, he watched as Frank Castle, one of the best killers on the planet, loaded the clip, which carried God-killing bullets, into the modified sniper-rifle, straightened out the stealth-suit he was wearing, and checked his other gear. Castle looked up at Fury, awaiting his orders. Both men wondered whether Castle could really do this. With a deep breath, Fury spoke. "Castle, i hope your ready to kill the God of Thunder! And i hope you like teleportation..."_____________________________________________________________________________________Ok, so its the Punisher, with the following: 1. A highly advanced stealth suit developed by Stark, Richards and Pym, which has the following effects; enhances his strength, speed and durability times 20; binocular, infrared, x-ray, vision; grapnel-gun; invisibility; a computer that has all the information on the Gods, blueprints of Asgard, etc, on a heads up display.2. A modified sniper-rifle with a clip of 10 God-killing bullets, that fires the bullets 10 times faster than normal, and fires them completely silently. 3. A team of the 30 best SHIELD agents, heavily armed with similar gear to the Punisher, but no God-killing bullets, that will follow his orders unquestionably. The Punisher has to kill Thor, thats all. If he does he and the SHIELD agents will be teleported back to Earth. Thor and the other Asgardians are not aware of the Punisher or the SHIELD agents presence, that is unless they are noticed by an Asgardian who then spreads the word. So, can the Punshier, with all his skills, gear and help, assassinate Thor successfully? Who wins? CBUB users, the decision is yours...

Guest SSGoku

Great set-up, if I could rate them I'd give you an "Its good". As for the match, Punisher can probably win with the given circumstances.

Guest force_echo

What? a bullet fired 10x as fast as normal still wouldn't even harm Thor to the slightest degree. Castle gets annihilated.

Guest skadoosh
What? a bullet fired 10x as fast as normal still wouldn't even harm Thor to the slightest degree. Castle gets annihilated.

Totally ignoring everything else i stated about the bullet in the set up, huh? The speed isnt that important, the bullet kills Gods.

Guest skadoosh
Great set-up, if I could rate them I'd give you an "Its good". As for the match, Punisher can probably win with the given circumstances.

Thanks dude! i tried to make it nice and even. Appreciate the opinion.

Great set up definitely an It's good from me.

I don't know if Punisher could win even with the given circumstances. He certainly has the element of surprise as an advantage as well as the god killing bullets. But Thor and the Asgardians are no pushovers. I'd say Punisher could win if he is able to maintain the element of surprise. If not then Thor could easily overwhelm Punisher.

Guest skadoosh
Great set up definitely an It's good from me.

I don't know if Punisher could win even with the given circumstances. He certainly has the element of surprise as an advantage as well as the god killing bullets. But Thor and the Asgardians are no pushovers. I'd say Punisher could win if he is able to maintain the element of surprise. If not then Thor could easily overwhelm Punisher.

Thanks dude!

What im really asking in this match is whether the Punishers skills and gear is enough to assassinate Thor without being detected by the Asgardians, or not. And i reckon its pretty close, given the circumstances. Of course, if detected, the Punisher wouldnt stand a chance against the Asgardians. So you evaluated this exactly as i wanted it to be evaluated. 'Preciate the opinion dude.

Great set-up, skadoosh. The Punisher just might have a shot at this, but only if he uses his armor and his own guile to their fullest, and if the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents provide enough cover and if need be, distraction.

Actually, I think Thor had a weakness to penetration weapons in his early issues. I don't think that's the case now, though. And even then, he could block the bullets by twirling Mjolnir. But of course, per the set-up, these bullets are adamantium and anti-Asgardian, so blocking them wouldn't be wise.

Guest skadoosh
Great set-up, skadoosh. The Punisher just might have a shot at this, but only if he uses his armor and his own guile to their fullest, and if the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents provide enough cover and if need be, distraction.

Actually, I think Thor had a weakness to penetration weapons in his early issues. I don't think that's the case now, though. And even then, he could block the bullets by twirling Mjolnir. But of course, per the set-up, these bullets are adamantium and anti-Asgardian, so blocking them wouldn't be wise.

Thanks dude! Glad ya liked it.

I gave the Punisher the 30 SHIELD agents with the word distraction in mind... And thanks for helping clear up the bullet-thing.