Team Fortress 2: 0
Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 19347 Rintaro Okabe vs. Rick Sanchez

Macklemore

"This isn't another one of your weird, p-perverted adventures, is it, R-Rick?" asked Morty, looking around the anime con for anything that resembled the well dressed man from the pictures his grandfather provided him.

"God damn it, Morty. Y-you can't let that go? That dragon thing happened once, and it was y-your idea, Morty. Stop putting the b-blame on me," Rick said, looking around as well. "Besides, I told you what I'm here for. Time travel knowledge. That guy is renowned for finding a loophole when it all seemed lost," he said, pointing at the picture Morty had between his tiny hands. "Rintaro Okabe. He basically invented a foolproof way of time travelling. I say basically because I haven't tested it and until I do that, I can't verify the validity of stupid rumors coming from dipshits like 99% of this convention."

"Yeah, whatever Rick. I believe you, just stop going on your tirades against everything ever for once," Morty yells out, placing the picture in his pocket.

"Look, Morty. There he is. He's surrounded by... girls. I thought this guy was supposed to be socially awkward, when did socially awkward become the new cool?" Rick asked, looking down at Morty.

"I don't know Rick, maybe when people realized they don't like know-it-all jerk off scientists? A scientist who is socially awkward at most doesn't seem like a bad trade off by comparison," Morty replies, almost angry with Rick.

"Alright wise ass, I don't need you to [CENSORED] assassinate my entire character. Blame it on the shitty writers, not me," he replies, snappy as always.

"Yeah, whatever, blame it on them," Morty says.

"[CENSORED] you, you're not even in the title of this match," Rick says, pulling his portal gun, and shooting a portal underneath Morty's feet, causing him to dip out of this whole scenario. "I don't need you to win this matchup, dum dum," he says, placing his gun back between his belt and stomach in one swift motion.

"You there!" Rick yells out as he points at Okabe, "think you can help me out with cracking time travel," he asks as he starts walking closer.

Rintaro tries to answer, but unfortunately the answer comes out in Japanese. "Right," says Rick, pressing against the metal device within his ear, "try that again," he continues.

"I.. I... Are you with CERN, I didn't think they would be on our case still, how do you even know what I've done with time, it's not like I've tried to get famous off of inventing time travel," says Rintarou in response.

"That's cause it was fluke. He found it out by accident," says the redheaded girl next to him. "I was the one who technically replicated the experiment and found it out truthfully," she lashes out. The idea of being left behind seems to really hit her bad.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, kid. They definitely put your name in the books above this guy. Who are you again?" Rick asks.

"That's Christina," Okabe replies.

"Kurisu, actually," Makise responds.

"Listen, I don't really want to chit chat. I just need you to explain how time travel works," Rick says, pulling his portal gun out of his pants, and shooting a portal at a nearby wall. Grabbing a hold of Rintarou's wrist, he pulls him inside a van that has every one type of time travel device from all across fiction. "You're next in line, I need you to explain time travel to me like I'm a baby. And try not to make yours sound as boring as the rest of these chuckle[censored]'s."

"How did you do that?" Rintarou asks.

"Do what?" Rick retorts.

"That, with your mouth. It censored you saying the word "fuck", even though I clearly know what you were trying to convey," Rintarou responds, raising an eyebrow.

"Something I brought back with me from my universe to keep me grounded. Now go on, explain your version of time travel," Rick leaned against the control panel, swirling his flask of liquor with an air of nonchalance. Across from him, Okabe adjusted his lab coat, his brown eyes flickering over the room, examining every detail.

"So what are you, some Japanese Doc Brown wannabe?" Rick teased, his voice slurred with alcohol yet as sharp as ever. Okabe merely smiled, a quirk of his lips that didn't meet his eyes.

"You call yourself a genius, yes? But, don't you find yourself heavily reliant on liquor to maintain your sanity?" The barb hung in the air, the grin on Okabe's face egging Rick on. 

With a grunt, Rick set his flask down. "Hmm, that's a new one. Well, let's see how you fare without your little Japanese girl gang around to explain your precious time traveling rules for you."

The air inside the Time Machine Truck was vibrating with tension as two of the greatest minds across dimensions faced off. Rintaro Okabe - the eccentric self-proclaimed mad scientist of Tokyo - and Rick Sanchez - the universe-traversing, time-breaking genius - were on a collision course neither of them had predicted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what do we guys think? Will Rick finally get interested in time travel after Rintaro dwells deep into his time travelling adventures? (Rintaro win)

Or will Rick find his adventures sub-par, still have a hate boner for time travel and send him back with even less respect than what he already had for him? (Rick wins.)

Alright Rick Sanchez getting his first match! Nicely done Macklemore!

Sadly I have never seen an episode of Steins;Gate before so I don’t know much about Rintaro. I do know however that Rick is a very cynical man whose seen and done pretty much every time traveling trope in existence so I don’t really see what Rintaro can show him that’ll even remotely impress Rick.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.50 - Pizzaguy2995
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.50 Total Combined Score
19.50 / 4 = 4.88 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE