Inhumanoids: 3

Tournament - Juggernaut vs. Mr. Incredible
MATCH SCORE
Juggernaut: 10
Mr. Incredible: 0

Match 19282 Spider-Man (Miles Morales) vs. Izuku Midoriya

Pizzaguy2995

Miles Morales vs Izuku “Deku” Midoriya 

(WARNING: I’m gonna try to avoid as much spoilers for Across the Spider-Verse as I can but some comments may give away certain key elements. Read at your own risk.)

Shit! This isn’t my dimension. Hell this isn’t even Brooklyn!

A quick swing around the block clued Miles into the fact that he wasn’t in New York. Judging from the architecture of the buildings and the language on the billboards, the Earth-1610 Spider-Man deduced that he was in Japan of all places. It was certainly unlike the Japan that he had visited last year on a school funded field trip though.

What the fuck kind of post-dystopian dimension is this? Miles Morales thought to himself as he observed the deserted streets, broken buildings, and the angry mobs of citizens occupying the deserted buildings and shouting curses at any heroes who tried to reason with them.

How did I even end up here anyways? Miles swung himself to a nearby ledge to take stock of his situation. The Go-Home-Machine was supposed to send me back to my universe. Did Margo or Lyla accidentally mess it up while trying to stop me? Or maybe that pendejo Miguel messed up the machine trying to pry the door open? Oh what does it matter, the fact is I’m stuck here with no Web-Watch or any other way to get back home. What am I supposed to do now?

“HEY DEKU! JUST WAIT A MINUTE! WE NEED TO TALK TO YOU!” 

Deku? Are they talking to me? Miles wondered as he saw two girls making their way towards his position: one was floating towards him as though she had no gravity slowing her down, whilst the other was hopping his way like a frog.

“Ribbit! Hold on Ochaco-chan, this isn’t Midoriya-kun,” the hopping girl noted as her partner and her stopped in front of Miles.

“Oh gosh! I’m so sorry! We thought you were someone else!” The girl with the pale pink body suit quickly apologized, bowing her head at Miles several times. “Don’t take this the wrong way, but you’re not one of those escaped villains are you?”

“No, no, no, I’m definitely not a villain! I’m uh, Spider-Man. The uh, hero?” Miles hoped his rusty Japanese was good enough, he learned the basics during the school trip to Japan, but it’s been awhile since he’s had a chance to speak it.

“Oh you must be an exchange student from Ketsubutsu Academy aren’t you? Is Ms. Joke still having you guys search and guide civilians to safe zones?” The pink body suit girl smiled, her auburn eyes showed nothing but friendliness.

“…Yeah let’s go with that,” Miles agreed, hoping that was the right thing to say.

“Ribbet! You must have transferred right before the borders closed huh? It must be scary not knowing when you’ll be able to go home,” Said the frog like girl.

“You have no idea,” Miles sighed sadly.

“Well nice to meet you Spider-Man! I’m Ochaco Uraraka! Hero name: Uravity!” The now named Uraraka introduced herself.

“Tsuyu Asui. Hero name: Froppy. But please call me Tsu,” The self named Tsu offered.

“Thanks. And y’all can call me Miles if you want. Now what’s this about y’all looking for someone?” The Earth-1610 Spider-Man asked.

“Our classmate, Izuku Midoriya. Hero name: Deku. You haven’t seen him around have you?” Ochaco asked.

“Ribbit. He likes swinging around buildings just like you were doing. From a distance, you looked just like him,” Froppy explained.

Swinging around buildings? Don’t tell me this Deku kid is supposed to be this universe’s Spider-Person? Miles thought to himself before he replied. “I don’t think I’ve seen him. Has he been missing for long?”

“It’s been a month since he ran away from school. Ribbit. He left us notes saying that the league of villains were after his power, and that he didn’t want us to be targeted by them by association,” Froppy brought Miles up to speed.

“But we can’t let him face those villains by himself! Deku’s strong but he’s not invincible! He’ll need our help when the league comes for him,” Ochaco firmly said.

“Well then this Deku kid is really lucky to have friends like y’all. If I do happen to see him, I’ll do my best to talk some sense into him,” the newest Web Crawler promised.

“Thank you Miles. We’ll take all the help we can get,” Ochaco bowed her head at Miles before her and Froppy took their leave. 

Well guess I’m looking for this Deku kid now. On top of it being the right thing to do, I might also find a way back home if he is a Spider-Person. Hopefully Miguel doesn’t reach him first. With a new plan in place, Miles Morales swings off to find the wayward Izuku Midoriya.

I understand… I’ll break his hold on you… I just.. Need a second….

CRACKLE! BOOM!

“Hey I have control of my body again!”

“Let’s get out of here before something else happens!”

Deku’s eyes shot open and he quickly shook his head while rubbing said eyes to stir himself awake again. As the scared civilians scurried away, Midoriya could see in front of him the puppeteer villain Dictator knocked out cold and another figure in a dark black and red costume standing over him.

“Izuku Midoriya I take it? Names Spider-Man, my friends call me Miles though,” the man spoke to him.

“You know me? What do you want?” Deku cautiously asked.

“Your friends send me Midoriya. They’re worried about you, and very mad that you ditched them like that,” Miles informed him. 

“I see. Well you can tell them that I’m fine and that there’s no reason for them to worry about me,” Deku insisted as he fitted on his mask again.

“Nah man, you don’t look alright to me. You look run down like you haven’t slept in days,” Miles shook his head in disapproval.

“I don’t want to be rude, but this really does not concern you. I must leave now,” Deku insisted as he got ready to depart.

“Would you slow down for a minute and listen!” Miles jumped forward until he was face to face with his fellow teenage hero. “Your not doing yourself or anyone else any favors going it alone like this! You should be grateful to have friends who are true ride or dies for you! I know I wish my friends were that loyal.” 

“It’s because of my friends I’m doing this! Just being near me makes them a target! I won’t allow them to get hurt because of me! Now I know you have good intentions, but your not changing my mind. Out of my way,” Izuku Midoriya softly warned him.

“Sorry Deku, but I promised your girl I’d talk some sense into your thick head. But I guess I’ll have to beat some sense into it instead,” Miles sternly said.

Basically this is the confrontation between Deku and Class-1A in the Dark Hero Arc but with Miles Morales instead of Deku’s friends. Miles wins if he can restrain Deku long enough to convince him to return to UA, Deku wins if he shakes Miles and escapes.

-This is Miles Morales from the animated Spider-Verse movies.

-This is Deku from the Dark Hero Arc, specifically his exact condition when his classmates found him.

When writing a setup, it is easy to overcomplicate the ideas, or to make scenarios that just don't make sense for those characters. By taking a situation that both of these two have been in a mashing them together, you have kinda side stepped that problem entirley. It's also nice seeing two character that otherwise would have been battle characters put in a scenario where that is not the case. That being said, I think the scenario could have used... A little more spice, a real reason Miles trying to help other than just being a nice guy, maybe finding out that some how Midoriya is somehow accidentally stopping him from being able tl go home could have been it, not sure.

Either way it was a fun read, good job. 4/5

I have not seen the newest Spider-man movie so my opinion will be soley based on my previous knowledge lf Miles. 

The only reason the other students were able to calm Midoriya down was because he knew them. Miles does not have that benefit, I think Midoriya would just be too fast for Miles to sget him to back down. I'm going with Midoriya here.

• Thanks 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - IKA
5.00 - Boratz
5.00 - StormChaser
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
18.00 Total Combined Score
18.00 / 4 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE