MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 19217 Wolverine vs. Lucy the Homicidal Diclonius

The Diclonious has escaped! I repeat, Lucy the Diclonious has escaped! This is not a drill!

Rage.

All she could feel right now was rage.

Being kept in confinement, tested on.

People in these lab coats, inserting needles into her body. Making her sick or brutal amounts of pain.

Sometimes they don’t even give her anything, sometimes they just fire weapons upon her from the most basic cannon balls to the precise sniper rifle.

Sometimes they don’t even give her anything or do anything to inflict pain, sometimes they just ask her questions.

She hated those too.

So when the time came and the opportunity shown itself, she not only planned to escape, but also eliminate everyone in her way.

Every. Single. Human.

Even that one female scientist that got in the way had to die as well.

She was about halfway out of there, free of any human interference. Until Lucy heard from the speakers, another announcement.

“Alert, alert! The weapon has escaped too! He’s killing everyone in his way! Bullets aren’t stopping him, he just keeps----BZZZZRRRRRT!”

Someone else was here?

Lucy had heard of someone else being captured, but she just assumed that it was another Diclonious.

He?

No, male Diclonious are rather weak, have none of the abilities she wields.

She stopped midway out of the research facility, stopping at a jumble of bodies littered everywhere.

What made her curious about this was that she knew she wasn’t in this area yet. None of these kills were her doing.

Looking around, she wondered what could have gotten to these guards first.

Then she saw three, large scratch marks on one of the doors.

They looked to have belonged to that of a cat, or some sort of three bladed weapon. But what could possibly be this strong to cut through steel with ease?

Then she heard a roar. That roar was massively loud, but this wasn’t coming from a beast.

This was coming from a man.

It was filled with anger, lose, pain. Many more emotions than what she was feeling.

After some more walking, she finally made it to the entrance of the facility. Guards were there pointing their weapons at the pink haired Diclonious, making her want to end them until she heard more shouts of pain, more guns shots, and what sounded like metal blades.

It was him.

A metal door got kicked open, sent flying to the opposite wall beside her as a man in nothing but boxers came walking out. He was hairy, short, but very much animalistic in behavior. His hair while wet was somehow still wild and unkepts while three, long blades stuck out in between each set of knuckles. Covered in blood, he looked at her and growled.

Lucy could only stare at him in pity. Frowning, she would stare down at the man growled a bit.

“Animal.”

A single word escaped her lips, making him growl louder, making him adjust his stance and become battle ready.

Another squad of guards then invaded the area, behind the Diclonious this time, as they aimed their weapons at her direction.

The both of them looked around noticing they were surrounded, but instead of fighting again, they stood still as they noticed a single man walking forward.

He chuckled, laughed actually. He even started to clap his hands in amusement.

The short man looked at him in anger, speaking for the first time around the girl. “Stryker.”

The man, now known as Stryker, nodded and stopped clapping. Standing in between the two. “Indeed. I’d never thought in all my days, not only would I capture a mutant, but also a Diclonious? Will wonders never cease?” He laughed again in amusement. He then began to speak again. “I for one thought there was never a good reason to keep either of your kind around. I mean, being born with abilities like yours, why would anyone want to keep you alive??” He asked rhetorically. “Then it hit me. We have had tried too many times to create the next super soldier. So many attempts, only to fail again and again, but we’ve been looking in the wrong places!”

He took out a remote, clicking a button to reveal a holographic screen in front of the three. For a while, the camera shows just a normal lab. Nothing to write home about until it came upon several cryogenic tubes showing not only multiple people, but people with hair that had pink tips. “You see, I was thinking: Why create, when we can blend?” Stryker suggested. “I swore to kill off every mutant in existence, but Professor Kakuzawa made a very interesting proposal.”

The clawed man in question frowned. Seeing this reaction, the pink haired girl looked at the holographic image again, noticing not only the pink tips, but also one on an operating table where three of the same metal blades were sticking out of their arms.

“You’re cloning us…” She put two and two together, glaring at the man.

Stryker smiled wider. “She speaks, and is correct!”

Stryker turned the screen off with the same remote, taking a few steps back. “And with Diclonious-Mutant hybrids at our disposal, we can create armies to combat our greatest enemies! We can truly become the greatest super power, we can sell them off the black market to our allies!” He laughed again. “And when everyone, Diclonious and mutant are gone! So are they!”

That was the last straw. The clawed man in question lunged at him with the most animalistic roar, pinned him to the ground and stabbed him. He didn’t just stop at stabbing, as he kept swiping and cutting and slicing until the middle of the mans torso was nothing but ground beef.

While the alarm stopped, seconds later another came about, this time instead of red lights, blue lights started to shine around them. This made the remaining guards run as the words from the speakers echoed the entire facility.

SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE IN THIRTY MINUTES

With Strykers dieing breath, he chuckled and spoke his last words. “Finally. I get to see you live up to the name. You aren’t Logan….you are truly a Wolverine.”

Dieing there, the man now known as Logan, or Wolverine, slid his claws back into his arms and dug around in Strykers pockets to find a key card leading to the cloning lab.

The pink haired Diclonious stepped forward. “What do you plan to do….Logan?”

The man stood back up and looked at the key card for a moment before speaking. “I know where this lab is. Once there, I’m gonna free everyone that’s still drawing breath.”

The Diclonious scoffed. “Tsk, why? They suffered enough through being experiments in this lab. We should put them out of their misery and be done with it.”

Logan looked at the girl in question and frowned. “They don’t need to die. They can have normal lives, start new ones and begin clean of anything this lab had done to them. Lord knows how many times I’ve started over.”

Lucy wasn’t moved. “And look where it’s gotten you.” She retorts. “I heard people here the lab can withstand  the strongest of blasts, it’s best to go over there and just give them a painless death and not be stuck in those tubes until the power goes out.”

She stepped forward as she also knew where the lab was, planning on giving them swift deaths. Lucy didn’t even make it past Logan, his hand grabbing her shoulder. “We’re gonna get out of here with them. I can give them shelter, I know people that can teach them to control their powers.”

The girl growled. “And what, become puppets to somebody else?”

Logan tightened his grip. “Don’t push it. This isn’t a fight you can win.”

This was her limit. Using her vectors, she pushed him into the steel walls, creating a large crater. “Out of my way!” Letting go, she began to walk towards the labs. Only to hear a familiar sound.

SNIKT

Turning around, he saw the man unsheath his claws, looking at her like he was a predator hunting his prey. “I can’t let you do that.”

The woman turned around fully, her vectors now preparing to fight. “Then by all means, make a move….Wolverine.”

The two let out battle cries and charged at eachother, the mutant and the Diclonious ready to fight to the last breath.

Okay I am kinda torn on this one.

In a set up I want there to be a reason for the characters to be their, and quick explanation as why they're there and how we got to this point. You get check for all of these points.

However, given the amount of exposition Striker gave without giving any thought about a way to protect himself or simply escape and leave a recording behind or something would have made more sense here. Also, while I could see Wolverine giving Lucy a chance to talk, I don't see her returning the favor.

It's also helpful when win conditions are available that they are fully laid out. For example I see these as the conditions of victory.

Lucy:

Kill Wolverine

Kill the Hybrids and Wolverine

Kill the Hybrids and Escape.

Keep Wolverine busy until the facility blows up killing the hybrids anyway.

Wolverine:

Kill Lucy

Kill Lucy Save the Hybrids

Save the Hybrids and Escape

I may be wrong here, but my interpretation is this this both gives Lucy and Extra win con, but also gives Wolverine the harder task. 

I believe it would have been better if Wolverine had the extra win con here, I think Lucy just has too much going for her, she's faster, stronger, and he doesn't even know where she'll strike from and even if he did there's not much he can do about it.

All that being said it's really nice to see Lucy being used and definitely plays more into my realm so I may be a bit nit picky on the details. 

The setup was a fun read and it got me where I needed to go. I'm giving this a 3.8/5.

My vote goes to Lucy.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
3.80 - IKA
5.00 - StormChaser

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
8.80 Total Combined Score
8.80 / 2 = 4.40 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 1
Lucy the Homicidal Diclonius: 5