Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Match 18374 Hellboy vs. American Dream

SSJRuss

League Project was designed to protect the whole of the omni-verse by putting together heroes from worlds near and far. Today, nearly a hundred different crisis units serve in Verse City, their central hub.

In-between saving the omni-verse, the teams become restless and compete in battle to determine where their team ranks. Through a series of seven fights, each team competes against one another to win the best of seven. 

Now, we return to one of those battles-

BEST OF SEVEN:

TEAM Nightwing  (1)   VS    TEAM American Dream  (1)

Nightwing                    Jonathan Joestar

Thane Krios                                Ben Reilly

Cat in the Hat                                Lemillion

Kikaider 01                               Spyro

Hellboy                         American Dream

Black Rock Shooter                     Shina/Marvel

Annabeth Chase                  Cade Skywalker

"This is where shit goes sideways," thought Hellboy, taking another puff of his cigar as the second battle unfolded before him.

His teammate Thane Krios was kicking serious ass against the rival team's righteous man child, Joe or something. Thane was being methodical and probably taking his time so he didn't kill the guy. Assassins had a tendency to slip. But turns out, that wasn't the case.

Despite Thane's quick hands and biotics, despite blows to press points and slashes in his joints, Joe kept getting back up. Then he countered Thane with a right hook that put the assassin on the floor.

Apparently, Joe had the specific ability to affect oxygen. And Thane wasn't exactly versatile in that department.

"He doesn't look good," the Android Kikaider liked to point out the obvious. Hellboy wanted to tell him 'no shit, Sherlock' but he thought it was better to save his breath. Androids weren't very smart.

"He needs arid environments, too much humidity now-" said Nightwing, clutching his side as watched the fight from the bleacher.

"But how did Joestar know that!?" Annabeth asked. "Every time he throws his fist, he puts more water into the air and it's fucking with Thane. Look at his balance!"

She was right. Hellboy could see Thane's knees bend just a bit too much. Those big eyes of his were glossy like a Krispy Kreme donut and he was losing ground fast as Joe kept up the offense.

"Submit! It is your only chance!" Joe cried, locking another right hook onto Thane's jaw.

"You better get your boy, Grayson,” said Hellboy. “He ain't going to quit until his corpse gets dragged out.”

The whole team got on edge after that. It was obvious the fight wasn’t going Thane’s way. Nightwing shouted, “Thane, that’s enough. It’s over!”

But the assassin didn’t listen or he just pretended not to hear. He managed to get some distance from Joe but moved too fast and fell on his ass. He attempted to recover with biotics, but Joe returned with a boot to his chest and clutching his sword Pluck, pressing its tip at Thane's throat.

"Thane!" Nightwing had to shout again. Hellboy supposed he saw sense because that's when Thane submitted.

"Guess that's that," Hellboy finished his cigar and tossed it aside. His back was starting to get stiff with all this waiting around. Not built for that, he popped his back and brandished his trusty gun. "My turn boys and girls. Don't wait up on me."

Joestar helped his foe return to his feet. "You gave me quite the challenge, sir Thane. I'm honored to have fought with you."

Thane managed a smile as he relented to Joestar's help back to his side of the arena. "Your powers perfectly countered my own. And you don't miss much Mr. Joestar. It seems I have more to learn."

The medic received Thane. Joestar bowed before the team before returning to his own. Scarlet Spider put an arm around him in celebration, "Why to go man! You really represented out there."

"You were really awesome," said Spyro.

"Please," said Joestar. "Let us celebrate once we've won thrice more. Captain, have you decided on which of us will go next?"

American Dream answered by picking up her side and wielding it in her hand as she moved toward the arena. "You boys did us proud. Let your captain return that favor and put another win on the board."

None argued as she walked to meet Hellboy face to face.

"What are you supposed to be?" asked Hellboy.

"The name's American Dream. And I carry this shield as a symbol for freedom and-"

"Okay stop, that's too much. Let's just fight come on." 

I like American Dream in this one. Hellboy isn't too complicated an opponent and I think she can handle him.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I like American Dream in this one. Hellboy isn't too complicated an opponent and I think she can handle him.

I hadn't thought about that but yeah he is kind of straightforward. Then again I've only seen the movies...

I’m going with the Captain America with boobs.

Also, I give the match a 5.0.