Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Match 19585 Maka Albarn vs. Ruby Rose

Pizzaguy2995

Maka Albarn vs Ruby Rose

“What a matchup! This has been the most evenly matched fight this day folks!” 

The crowd cheered as if to second the announcer’s statement. Most everyone in the audience have been very impressed with the two combatants fight, and were eager to find out who would ultimately triumph.

“YOU GOT THIS GON! GIVE IT YOUR ALL!” Leorio Paradinight cheered on his friend from his spot in the stands.

“Fight well my friend. Show us your strength,” Kurapika encouraged in a calmer tone than his companion.

“C’MON STEVEN! YOU CAN DO IT!” Connie Maheswaran shouted her own support.

“Hurry up and clobber that spiky haired kid already!” Yelled the diminutive Peridot.

“Yeah, go Steven I guess..?” Lapis Lazuli did her best cheer.

POW!

BAM!

SMASH!

Back in the ring Gon Freecss was on the offense, delivering a barrage of punches and kicks that Steven Universe was just able to defend against with his pink shield. Wanting to put some distance between them, Steven created a diamond shaped field and launched it forward, pushing Gon back a few feet. But Gon was quick to jump up and over the pink aura and once more advanced on Steven. The gem-human hybrid once more summoned his shield but in a flash Gon had disappeared from Steven’s sight, confusing for a second before a sharp kick to his side clued him into Gon’s play. Steven groaned in pain but Gon wasn’t done yet, attacking Steven with a swarm of punches before he could properly react, ending with an uppercut that sent Steven flying across the ring!

“STEVEN! NOOOOOO!” A distraught Pearl had to be restrained from interfering by Amethyst and Garnet.

Steven landed hard on the ground, but never one to give up he pushed himself to stand once more. Seeing this Gon rushed him once more, moving too fast to notice his opponent was started to glow bright pink. To the Rookie Hunter’s shock his punch was caught by Steven’s now pink hands, holding him in place for the Beach City native to deliver a hard punch to Gon’s gut, knocking the wind out of him. A second punch delivered across the cheek knocked the Hunter back across the ring!

Gon kept on his feet just barely, cupping the part of his face that tanked the worst of his competitor’s punch. Looking back over at Steven, Gon saw Steven had now created 4 individual hexagon shields and with a grunt Steven launched the pink projectiles at him! The Rookie Hunter bobbed and weaved between the flying shields, trying to avoid the attacks while trying to reach Steven again. But slowly but surely Gon noticed that the shields were pushing him towards the edge of the ring, trying to force him into a ring out! With a shout Gon summoned his strength and was able to smash the pink shields pursuing him to pieces, but had little time to celebrate before Steven smashed into him with his main shield, and forced him towards the edge of the ring.

“Sorry Gon, but this is where you get out of the ring!” Steven grunted as he pushed his opponent closer to the edge.

“Sorry yourself Steven! But I’m not done yet!” Gon declared.

Managing to dig his heels in just before he reached the edge and bracing himself against the pink shield, Gon used his free hand to pull out his old weapon: the fishing rod! With a masterful cast Gon launched the wire and rod up and over Steven’s shield, hooking the back of his shirt. With a sharp tug Steven’s shirt was pulled upward until it enveloped the top of his head!

“Hey! What the-!” Steven cried out in surprise.

Gon used the distraction to kick away the pink shield and drive Steven backwards with some well placed hits to the gem-human’s face, upper torso, and stomach. But Steven was able to recover quickly and caught one of Gon’s overextended arms with both hands, and with a mighty heave managed to throw the Whale Island boy high into the air!

Gon was barely able to reorient himself from the sudden momentum shift before Steven launched himself after his foe, creating bubble gloves around his fist to pummel Gon whilst still airborne. But Gon gave as good as he took, first stunning Steven with a knee to the hip before throwing hard haymakers at the opposing boy’s head. However Steven fought back by grabbing Gon’s shirt and delivering a disorienting headbutt before driving his feet into the spiky hair boy’s chest and pushing off, launching himself higher but sending Gon crashing back to Earth!

Gon hit the ground with an echoing thud, but was barely down for a second before getting back up. Looking up Gon’s eyes widened as he saw Steven create a giant hexagonal force-field of spiked shields, floating in the air alongside him.

“Give up now Gon! Last warning!” Steven shouted at his opponent.

“Never!” Gon yelled defiantly before cupping his hands and shifting into position for his final attack. A yellow flame surrounded his hands and a sharp gust of wind blew through the arena as Gon gathered his Nen into his hands.

“FIRST COMES ROCK! ROCK, PAPER..!”

“ALRIGHT GON YOU ASKED FOR IT!”

Steven launched his giant wall of spikes at Gon just as Gon blasted his own final attack upwards!

KA-BOOM!

The resulting flash forced most of the audience to avert their eyes! By the time they were able to look again they saw the arena was in complete ruins, its marble floors shattered, cracked and unevenly slanted all over the place. But at the center of the ruined stadium stood the bruised and battered winner of the match…

“STEVEN UNIVERSE WINS FOLKS! BUT I THINK WE CAN ALL AGREE THE REAL LOSERS ARE WHOEVER’S STUCK PAYING FOR ALL THESE DAMAGES!”

Ignoring the crowd cheering him on, Steven Universe was searching almost frantically through the rubble until he finally found the badly damaged body of Gon Freecss.

“I AM SO SORRY! I DIDN’T MEAN FOR IT TO GO THIS FAR!” Steven was in near tears as he pulled Gon out of the debris as gently as he could. “Just hang on! I can heal you real-“

“GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!” 

A hard kick to the face knocked Steven away from Gon, whose limp body was quickly caught by Killua, who practically seethed with anger as he glared daggers at Steven.

“DON’T YOU KICK MY BABY!” Pearl suddenly appeared, spear ready as she charged at Killua!

“ENOUGH!” Garnet quickly got between Pearl and Killua before things could escalate any further. “The match is over! We are not each other’s enemies!”

“K-Killua?” Gon’s weak voice seemed to snap Killua out of his fury and he bent down to gently cradled his spiky haired partner as he regained consciousness. “(Coughs) I-I lost the match didn’t I?”

“Yeah. I told you not to hold back you big idiot,” Killua softly said.

“Hee-hee, guess you’re right. But at least I had a good time. Help me up okay?” Gon requested.

Supported by Killua, Gon was able to get up and make his way over to a nervous, but also somewhat relieved Steven. Pearl looked like she was about to say something, but Garnet gently put a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

“You’re one of the strongest people I’ve ever fought, and I had a great time testing myself against you. Thank you and good luck in the tournament,” Gon smiled and held out his hand to Steven Universe.

Sniffs Th-thank you for saying that Gon. I’m just glad you’re okay,” Steven wiped away his tears as he took Gon’s hand and shook it. But before releasing it, Steven brought Gon’s hand to his mouth and kissed it gently.

“Wh-what are you doing?” Gon blushed at the unexpected gesture.

“Hey! What the hell is wrong with you?!” An enraged Killua demanded.

“Don’t worry I’m helping him,” Steven assured them.

Sure enough a glowing sensation emitted from Gon’s hand before traveling up the rest of his body until all his injuries were miraculously healed.

“Woah! I’m not hurt anymore! Wow, what kinda nen do you have?” Gon excitedly asked.

“I don’t know what nen is, but my saliva can heal any kind of injury. I inherited it from my mom,” Steven explained.

“That is so awesome! You’re definitely one the coolest guys ever! Hey do you think after the tournament we could hang out and train together?” Gon pleaded, clasped Steven’s hands without thinking.

“O-oh well… I-I guess that’d be cool… if you ever stop by Beach City that is…” Steven nervously said.

“…C’mon Gon! We’re leaving! Now!” Killua crankily said as he grabbed Gon by the back of his collar and dragged him along.

“H-hey Killua easy! Not so rough! Okay see you around Steven! We’ll hang out again some other time okay?” Gon called out to Steven as Killua dragged him away.

“Not if I have anything to say about it,” Killua vowed.

“What’s wrong Killua? Why are you so mad?” Gon asked in confusion.

“Shut up! Who says I’m mad?” Killua denied.

“Tee-hee-hee! Not-so-little-Steven is quite the heart breaker isn’t he?” Amethyst snickered as she elbowed Steven’s shoulder.

“Well he is Rose’s son after all,” Pearl sighed in annoyance.

“Uh guys what are you talking about?” Steven asked in confusion.

“You’ll get it when you’re older Steven,” Garnet assured him.

“AND WELCOME BACK FOLKS! SO SORRY WE HAD TO TAKE A LITTLE BREATHER AND FIX THE DAMAGES FROM OUR LAST FIGHT, BUT NOW WE’RE BACK WITH ANOTHER ROUND OF OUR YOUNG HEROES TOURNAMENT!”

The crowd cheered, excited to be back.

“OKAY EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN AND LET ME INTRODUCE OUR NEXT FIGHTERS: IN THIS CORNER, FIGHTING OUT OF DEATH CITY, NEVADA, THIS YOUNG HEROINE IS REPRESENTING THE PRESTIGIOUS DEATH WEAPON MEISTER ACADEMY! DESPITE HER YOUNG AGE SHE’S ALREADY RACKED UP AN IMPRESSIVE BODY COUNT LADIES AND GENTS: EVIL GHOSTS, WITCHES, A WORLD ENDING KISHIN! THIS LITTLE CUTIE WENT THROUGH THEM LIKE A HOT KNIFE THROUGH BUTTER AND SHE DOESN’T SHOW ANY SIGNS OF SLOWING DOWN YET! GIVE A BIG HAND TO THE ONE AND ONLY MAKA ALBARN!”

“What? No introduction for me? This is such bullshit,” Soul Evans whined.

“C’mon Soul, whatever happened to cool guys not needing attention to do their jobs?” Maka Albarn teasingly asked.

“Yeah I guess. Just want some damn appreciation every once and awhile,” Soul grumbled.

“Well I appreciate ya partner! You’re the best sidekick a meister could ask for,” Maka quipped with a teasing grin.

“A sidekick? I told you not to call me that! Take it back right now you evil woman!” Soul demanded even as Maka laughed too hard to even hear him.

“This stinks! When’s my match gonna happen? I’ve been waiting forever!” Black Star complained from the sidelines. 

“Black Star be patient! And show some support for your friends!” Tsubaki scolded her meister. 

“Fight well you two! But more importantly fight in perfectly balanced symmetry!” Death the Kid gave his own advice.

“I think they should more focused on winning than symmetry Kid,” Liz Thompson sighed.

“Go Maka and Soul! You guys got this!” Patty Thompson cheered!

“Alrighty then time to get this started, coming sidekick?” Maka once more teased.

“Call me sidekick again and I’m so gonna kick your butt!” Soul vowed before transforming into his Demon Scythe form into Maka’s waiting hands.

“AND IN THIS CORNER: REPRESENTING THE WORLD OF REMNANT AND THE EQUALLY PRESTIGIOUS BEACON ACADEMY, THIS HUNTRESS IN TRAINING HAS SHOWN TIME AND AGAIN THAT SHE’S A RISING STAR TO WATCH OUT FOR! FROM SOULLESS GRIMM, TO THE TERRORIST WHITE FANG, TO EVILS OLDER THEN TIME ITSELF, LITTLE RED HERE HAS TAKEN THEM ON EVERY TIME AND NEVER GIVEN UP FIGHTING FOR A BETTER TOMORROW! IT’S RUBY ROSE EVERYONE!

“Alright another day another fighting festival to show off our skills,” Yang Xiao Long confidently said.

“It’s a lot bigger than the Vytal Festival though. Much bigger,” Blake Belladonna cautiously said as she took in the large and diverse crowd of fans.

“C’mon Blake don’t act like such a scaredy cat,” Yang smirked widely.

“Really? That’s the best you could do? I’m disappointed,” Blake rolled her eyes but smiled a bit at Yang.

“Ruby? Are you even paying attention? We’re supposed to be pre-planning here!” Weiss Schnee lectured her team leader.

“Weiss did you just see that kid transform into a scythe?” Ruby Rose asked pointing over at the other side of the stadium.

“Of course! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!” Weiss groaned in annoyance. “MWMA students are highly trained and are paired with living weapons that can-“ 

“That’s freaking cool! Weapons that are also people? How does that work? Tell me! Tell me!” An excited Ruby shook her white haired teammate by the shoulders.

“Ruby calm down! If you just listen to me, I’d be happy to explain the ends and outs of the Meister-Weapon relationship that I’ve managed to look up in preparation for this match,” Weiss tried to say between Ruby shaking her.

“BOTH CONTESTANTS STEP INTO THE ARENA, THE MATCH IS ABOUT TO START!”

“YOU CAN DO IT SIS! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!” Yang cheered on Ruby as she stepped into the ring.

“Ruby Rose was it? Nice to meet you, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Beacon Academy,” Maka Albarn bowed in greeting as she meet her opponent.

“Same here! Human weapons? You’re so lucky! How does this even work?” An overexcited Ruby grabbed Soul Eater out of Maka’s hands to examine him more closely.

“What the- Hey! Give him back!” Maka demanded as she got into a tug-a-war with Ruby over the Death Scythe.

“Two girls fighting over me? This is so cool,” Soul Evans sighed in glee over the new development.

“Alright, sorry about that. But if I win you better let me study your scythe to my hearts content,” Ruby requested as she readied herself.

“I got no complaints! You’re much cuter than Maka. Plus you got bigger bo-“ Soul’s head was banged into the ground before he could finish that sentence.

“Shut up Soul! Alright fine, but when I win you have to teach me all about Beacon Academy’s history and courses. Deal?” Maka asked as she readied herself for the fight. 

“Deal!” Ruby excitedly agreed.

*DING!*

Okay battle of the scythe wielding anime schoolgirls (even if Ruby is technically western animation) both Maka and Ruby are at their current strength levels, the battleground is a standard fight stadium, whoever get’s ringed out or incapacitated first loses. Who takes this match?

Here’s some videos for anyone who needs a refresher on each girl’s abilities:

Edit: I tried to post a video from dailymotion but it wouldn’t load (hence the blank spot between two of the videos) so I posted the closest video resembling it from YouTube directly above this edit.

I would give this to Ruby Rose, I think her weapon and semblance would give her more options and opportunities to attack or evade Maka. Her scythe in general is miles better, and I think they are kinda similar in strength and speed beyond that. Skill is debatable, but Ruby's weapon clinches it for me.

• Like 1

Good match. I give the setup a 5.0. I think Ruby would win here.

• Like 1

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - Venom 2009
4.00 - Macklemore
4.00 - broadwaybeyonder
4.70 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
21.70 Total Combined Score
21.70 / 5 = 4.34 Final Rating on the match