Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

The Wii U

Guest Phalanx Revived

Guest Hayesmeister5651

Nintendo is too much family fun bullshit for me, I like online gaming. Super Smash Bros. I will play anytime though.

Guest Phalanx Revived
Nintendo is too much family fun bullshit for me, I like online gaming. Super Smash Bros. I will play anytime though.

I see... you're one of those typical current-gen gamers who think "mature games = fun and deep" and "kiddy games = lame and boring" and treat gaming like it's a heavy sports competition like a hardcore individual.

Whoever said that most people don't have childhoods these days is right.

Guest Hayesmeister5651
I see... you're one of those typical current-gen gamers who think "mature games = fun and deep" and "kiddy games = lame and boring" and treat gaming like it's a heavy sports competition like a hardcore individual.

Whoever said that most people don't have childhoods these days is right.

Not at all I grew up playing NES and SNES. I also played Sega Genesis and Saturn.

Excuse me for being 20 and not enjoying Viva Pinata. I do see games like Halo, Madden or CoD like a competition because I play against other people and the idea is to win.

To be honest your love of Nintendo makes Rakai's love of Predators look like an infatuation.

Guest Phalanx Revived
Not at all I grew up playing NES and SNES. I also played Sega Genesis and Saturn.

Excuse me for being 20 and not enjoying Viva Pinata. I do see games like Halo, Madden or CoD like a competition because I play against other people and the idea is to win.

To be honest your love of Nintendo makes Rakai's love of Predators look like an infatuation.

Oh... you grew up with the NES and SNES? Cool. :(

I only said that in caes you were dissing the classic and older characters and not the kiddy games that originated in this current-gen.

and even though I defend/support Nintendo in CBUB and everywhere else more than almost any other fiction in existence, nintendo isn't exactly the absolute be-all end-all utmost top favorite thing of mine in the whole universe to love/appreciate, since a good few are above it in my list.

Guest Phalanx Revived
Please don't make assumptions. People have preferences like you do, just because they're not the same as you doesn't mean you have the right to say that. -.-

I know. But it's just that from my childhood experience, I've had to put up with many newer-gen gamers vehemently rejecting the classics in favor of more hardcore and violent stuff and it's shook me from head to toe to deal with this.

Look, Phalanx, I have no problem with you defending Mario. Your Mario respect thread is among the most hilarious things I've ever read on the internet. I don't mind you defending Pokemon even though Digimon have way cooler evolution music. However, if you start defending the Wii, things are gonna go down between you and me!

Allow me to explain:

Marvel Man vs The Wii

It all started one very very early day, as Marvel Man awaited the Wii's release along with four other people at his local K-Mart. It was about 3 AM, and Marvel Man's iron will was faltering, specially since he hadn't brought any food or sleeping bag. The other four guys were hardcore Nintendo fans and had obviously camped out for a game before. When the store manager came out and told them they would only receive 3 Wiis, Marvel Man did not know that this machine and him would clash many more times in the future. Angered, Marvel Man quickly raced off to his local Best Buy, and once again camped outside along other gamers. He bought the Wii that day. He was happy.

MM then did what everyone with a Wii does. He made a Mii for everyone he had ever known. He played Wii Sports like a crazed person. He played Wii sports against anyone and everyone who would take him on.

And then it hit.

The slump.

Fast forward several months, and Marvel Man is playing Star Wars: Battlefront II on his now antique/obsolete Playstation 2. The Wii stands by on the floor, glaring at him with all its power. It could not play DVDs. It couldn't read his camera's SD card. It had tricked him into paying for an Internet channel that didn't have Flash, was impossible to write on, and ran an Opera browser. Have you ever tried to write a web adress on the Wii? You literally have to point at each individual letter with a shaky Wiimote, making it nearly impossible to go to electricferret.com. And posting a comment?! Are you nuts?

Anyways, the Wii would soon redeem itself with one game. No, not Mario Kart, which although enjoyable, came with a wheel thing that was only fun to use for the first five minutes. It wasn't Super Mario Strikers: Charged, which was fun, but lacked any real challenge. It was Super Smash Bros! For once, Marvel Man was pleased with the Wii. The Wii was allowed back on the videogame shelf, and the Playstation 2 was returned to the basement.

Later, after winning the game with every character, unlocking all those trophies, beating all the challenges (even the insane, baseball bat/punching bag ones), and having listened to all those music CDs, Marvel Man was finally ready to school people online.

What he found sickened him.

It was terrible. Everyone was just terrible. Not only that, but the phrases people used were ridiculous and sad. Marvel Man shut off the Wii and went downstairs for the PS2.

Nowadays, Marvel Man and the Wii continue to feud. Marvel Man uses the Wii to watch movies on Netflix when he doesn't feel like turning on his computer. The Wii retaliates by not having any good games.

And so the war continues. Marvel Man is once again tempted by Nintendo, but this Wii U looks ridiculous. Do I have to buy more of those things if I want to play multiplayer? Why would I even buy it? Shouldn't I just get an X-Box 360?

That deserves to be put in the Outstanding Fight Set-ups right there MM.

:( Agreed. We just need some Callisto/Harley Quinn commentary and it's basically an official match.

Guest Darksaiyajin345

Personally hate anything Wii related or Wii like Kinect/PS move inculeded and the Wii all crap in my book Wii U to.

Fixed

Meh. To each his own. There are just more games that catch my interest on 360, than PS3. The 2 that I PM'ed you about awhile back would make me buy one though if I had the cash.

Guest Darksaiyajin345
Meh. To each his own. There are just more games that catch my interest on 360, than PS3. The 2 that I PM'ed you about awhile back would make me buy one though if I had the cash.

360s D-pad is pure evil and deserves to be destroyed(<---Reason why I hate 360).....But the PS3 is the richman's console.

Guest Phalanx Revived

@Marvel Man: I thank that you acknowledge my decision and willingness to defend Mario and Pokemon all the way, but even as a nitnendo fan myself, I have not much intentions of defending the Nintendo Wii or Wii U, since most other nitnendo fans will do it for me anyway.

But yeah, I defend my childhood characters/series against... you know... the mario-phobic/nintendo-phobic pricks (especially sonic-fanboys) who put it down and disregard how classic and powerful it truly is.

Oh... Okay.

That was really rational of you. No bitter comments? No long crusade against my Wii hatred? Not even a small endorsement for the Wii U?

I mean, I had tons of angry and well thought comments about the Wii U ready. I had four paragraphs about how Nintendo seems to be asking toddlers what they should name their consoles. I wrote a short essay on why the Nintendo Dogs phenomenon has gotten out of hand (In Super Smash Bros, why would you summon a Nintendo Dog? No one sees?! Who wins there?!) I was even ready to discuss the the Wii Fit thing, and why doing Yoga should never be marketed as a videogame. You didn't even let me get into that Wii Motion Plus thing?

Well, eh... I guess we're good.

360s D-pad is pure evil and deserves to be destroyed(<---Reason why I hate 360).....But the PS3 is the richman's console.

I simply traded my 360 for a PS3, easy goes it. Just look a little you'll find someone dumb enough to do it.

Guest Phalanx Revived
Oh... Okay.

That was really rational of you. No bitter comments? No long crusade against my Wii hatred? Not even a small endorsement for the Wii U?

I mean, I had tons of angry and well thought comments about the Wii U ready. I had four paragraphs about how Nintendo seems to be asking toddlers what they should name their consoles. I wrote a short essay on why the Nintendo Dogs phenomenon has gotten out of hand (In Super Smash Bros, why would you summon a Nintendo Dog? No one sees?! Who wins there?!) I was even ready to discuss the the Wii Fit thing, and why doing Yoga should never be marketed as a videogame. You didn't even let me get into that Wii Motion Plus thing?

Well, eh... I guess we're good.

I primarily defend Mario and the Nintendo characters and universes themselves against Sonic fanboys, Sony/Microsoft fanboys, or anyone in general who hates/downplays mario and nintendo, whether it's a mere argument over who'd win in a fight/who's superior or who's the better character/universe.

I have relatively little concern when it comes to just the consoles and the games themselves being dragged into the arguments. If i wanted to do that, I wouldn't really have had much desire to come back to the CBUB and rant my heart and soul out all day.

but i will say that I do really really hope that the Wii U is going to be better than the Wii and will allow Nintendo to continue their comeback with their dominance over the console market and gaming industry.