Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Goku vs. the Gods!

treacherous

Guest KibaxHinata

After seeing Death Battle's results, I pretty much gave up thinking ANY US product Character can be defeated by a JP product character (well except minor exceptions and completely obvious like Aizen vs. Captain America)

Edited by KibaxHinata

Dragon Ball GT was awesome imo, what are you talking about?

Oh god...Where do I begin? It's very badly written and painfully cheesy with bad scripts. I know the whole Dragonball thing is cheesy but GT just doesn't pull it off, also the story structure is so very repetitive and certain characters are ruined, the biggest for me was that Vegeta's character is just dragged down and they make him quite weak compared to before.

I thought it was the 2nd best of the series(behind Dragon Ball) because it didn't try to take itself so seriously, unlike DBZ which did take itself really seriously. Given its inclination for lots of grunting, effeminate aliens, wacky gravity defying hair and colorful explosions that wouldn't be that out of place in a Michael Bay movie...yeah, it shouldn't have taken itself as serious as it did, in my opinion. I thought the lighter, more humorous approach was preferable.

I thought both Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z were very balanced when it can to being serious and humorous. IMO the Buu saga did not seem all the serious and was very humorous. There was ale many humor in the cell. DBZ like most anime is balanced between being serious and humorous.

I didn't like Dragon Ball GT because it was too serious or too humorous. I didn't like it because it didn't feel like Dragon Ball and some of the characters didn't act the way people are use to them acting. Heck it didn't feel like an anime.

Why? Because the characters weren't just fighting all the time is why they seemed out of character? Meh. I'd rather they'd be out of character more. We saw funny adventures, actual dating(unlike DBZ, where the characters were just matched up during time skips. Goku/Chi-Chi, Vegeta/Bulma, Krillin/18, Gohan/Videl), actual jobs, oh and hey, meaningful sacrifices(Piccolo)

Just my opinion though.

Why? Because the characters weren't just fighting all the time is why they seemed out of character? Meh. I'd rather they'd be out of character more. We saw funny adventures, actual dating(unlike DBZ, where the characters were just matched up during time skips. Goku/Chi-Chi, Vegeta/Bulma, Krillin/18, Gohan/Videl), actual jobs, oh and hey, meaningful sacrifices(Piccolo)

Just my opinion though.

The bolded we've seen ALL that in Dragonball and Dragon Ball Z... Especially in the filler episodes. DB/Z had a lot of humor and non fight story-lines like when Goku gets his licenses with Piccolo. As for sacrifices Goku did sacrifices himself and it was meaningful. He wasn't even suppose to come back because Gohan was suppose to be the main hero, but fans were upset so they canceled the idea.

I'm not just talking about the fighting, but that the characters just seemed out of character and the voice acting felt off. My overall opinion is that it didn't feel like a DBZ or anime series.

I understand that this is your opinion and I am not trying to dog you for it.

The bolded we've seen ALL that in Dragonball and Dragon Ball Z... Especially in the filler episodes. DB/Z had a lot of humor and non fight story-lines like when Goku gets his licenses with Piccolo. As for sacrifices Goku did sacrifices himself and it was meaningful. He wasn't even suppose to come back because Gohan was suppose to be the main hero, but fans were upset so they canceled the idea.

I'm not just talking about the fighting, but that the characters just seemed out of character and the voice acting felt off. My overall opinion is that it didn't feel like a DBZ or anime series.

I understand that this is your opinion and I am not trying to dog you for it.

Well yeah that's why I love filler. But do you know what that means? Didn't show up in the manga for the most part.

Ah he did sacrifice himself. But it wasn't meaningful at all. It didn't stick. It might have been intended to but it didn't.

And then showed no dating whatsoever. The most of a case you could make is for Videl and Gohan. They meet when they go to the same school, Videl suspects him and stalks him, she figures out he saved the world, he teaches her to fly after she got a haircut, they fight in the World Tournament, she gets beaten badly, he gives her a senzu bean and leaves to punish the man responsible, they follow and then Buu shows up a bit later, Gohan is (supposedly) killed, Videl cries and admits she loves him, then they all die and then are revived, he comforts her and then time skip. That is in a way romantic I suppose, but that's the only one that has actually been shown to that detail. The rest follow a general formula.

No relationship - time skip - voila, relationship and a newborn child!

Goku/Chi-Chi - time skip - Marriage and Gohan.

Vegeta/Bulma - time skip - Marriage and Trunks.

Krillin/18 - time skip - Marriage and Marron.

Just saiyan.

On 3/10/2013 at 10:10 PM, KidStranglehold said:

Since this movie IS actually canon. Can we please ignore that abomination that is Dragonball GT?

Yes.

On 3/10/2013 at 11:09 PM, Nova Force Nova said:

And then showed no dating whatsoever. The most of a case you could make is for Videl and Gohan. They meet when they go to the same school, Videl suspects him and stalks him, she figures out he saved the world, he teaches her to fly after she got a haircut, they fight in the World Tournament, she gets beaten badly, he gives her a senzu bean and leaves to punish the man responsible, they follow and then Buu shows up a bit later, Gohan is (supposedly) killed, Videl cries and admits she loves him, then they all die and then are revived, he comforts her and then time skip. That is in a way romantic I suppose, but that's the only one that has actually been shown to that detail. The rest follow a general formula.

No relationship - time skip - voila, relationship and a newborn child!

Goku/Chi-Chi - time skip - Marriage and Gohan.

Vegeta/Bulma - time skip - Marriage and Trunks.

Krillin/18 - time skip - Marriage and Marron.

Just saiyan.

Well there's always the Dragon Ball Z Hentai. :D

I don't know why everyone hates GT. I love it all, even with my favorite character only being in the middle portion of Z. I bought up the season sets, for DB, DBZ, and GT. And own all the movies. Even that Justin Chatwin.. thing.

Guest bigballerju

Dragonball GT was horrible and I will be happy if this movie officially makes it non-canon which it seems like it will. Vegeta becoming a SS4 was nice but worthless since Goku in his regular form as a kid did that stupid ass universe spirit bomb or whatever the hell it was.

Dragonball GT was horrible and I will be happy if this movie officially makes it non-canon which it seems like it will. Vegeta becoming a SS4 was nice but worthless since Goku in his regular form as a kid did that stupid ass universe spirit bomb or whatever the hell it was.

1345119300816.gif

Guest bigballerju

Yea GT is so great that a new movie is being made with work involved with the creator that's going to making it officially noncanon.