Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

All She Needs is a Crew

Guest zig7

Hey Treach, heres my team, some would have a bit of a disadvantage of having to do missions, but can a loophole be that if all organizations the different people were apart of, put said group together specifically for special operations, or does the origin of the team not effect how often someone can be aboard to begin with? Example, if everyone was ordered to be a crew on a frigate,bounty ship,etc. with idea of being recon or backup for others, would it be safe to say most missions wont be hindered, or at least have it where rest of team can join in or get temp. replacement when someone is called away?(sorry for confusing wording,Im in a hurry)

I missed the question in this paragraph the first time I read through it sorry. So if I understand you correctly you wondering if this team can be some kind of conglomeration created by separate organizations all supplying certain crew members? I think this is a valid approach, however it still limits what missions the team will be able to do. The team may be able to complete any mission that the organizations give the go ahead for, however they wouldn't even be able to undertake missions which the organizations did not allow them to do. For example, your team would be able to perform a rescue operation for the benefit of one of the organizations without a problem, however if that same mission came from some random stranger and the organizations would not benefit from the risk, then the organizations might say no and thus the crew would automatically fail that mission. Does that sound logical?

I've been busy with life stuff, but I should get my team up later today and then I will start working on a list of missions for the teams to compete with.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zig, what do you think a good Deadline would be to lock in crew choices for the matches?

Also, some of us have already taken it into account, but how was your stance on Crew Compatibility? For instance, I wouldn't think that a crew commanded by Emperor Palpatine would run well with Luke Skywalker in there... not unless there's a good reason for it.

Guest KevinDWolf93
I missed the question in this paragraph the first time I read through it sorry. So if I understand you correctly you wondering if this team can be some kind of conglomeration created by separate organizations all supplying certain crew members? I think this is a valid approach, however it still limits what missions the team will be able to do. The team may be able to complete any mission that the organizations give the go ahead for, however they wouldn't even be able to undertake missions which the organizations did not allow them to do. For example, your team would be able to perform a rescue operation for the benefit of one of the organizations without a problem, however if that same mission came from some random stranger and the organizations would not benefit from the risk, then the organizations might say no and thus the crew would automatically fail that mission. Does that sound logical?

I've been busy with life stuff, but I should get my team up later today and then I will start working on a list of missions for the teams to compete with.

I think it sounds pretty fair.Though to be honest I put some of the more reckless/less reprimandible members(Skywalker,wedge,etc) so it could possible (for at least some of the members) take the mission anyways due to what that person would feel/how theyd react,though I will call it more than fair for guys like the full blown soldiers(ODST medic,clone gunner) to refuse or get left behind leaving a bit of a penalty in of itself.

How does that sound?

I think it sounds pretty fair.Though to be honest I put some of the more reckless/less reprimandible members(Skywalker,wedge,etc) so it could possible (for at least some of the members) take the mission anyways due to what that person would feel/how theyd react,though I will call it more than fair for guys like the full blown soldiers(ODST medic,clone gunner) to refuse or get left behind leaving a bit of a penalty in of itself.

How does that sound?

Sounds fair to me.

Finally here it is. Sorry about the wait. You'd think I would have had it done faster given that it was my thread :D.

Captain:

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin - Ender's Game

enders-game.jpg

Ender's leadership accomplishments speak for themselves if you've read Ender's Game. But basically he was able to win a war against an enemy with overwhelming numerical superiority. He also has experience with commanding smaller numbers of troops. However at the same time Ender is still able to hold onto his humanity which allows him to relate to his underlings.

He would be able to be on the ship almost all the time, since after his final battle in Ender's game he left the military. It is possible that the military might ask him to come back for some emergency although it is unclear if he would accept. I haven't read the sequels though so if this seems inaccurate please let me know.

Pilot:

Han Solo - Star Wars

100.jpg

I'm sure Han needs no introduction. He is a very capable pilot and has the advantages of being pretty good in a fight and can act as an assistant mechanic if need be. He is also a seasoned adventurer in missions of a more unsavory nature which will compensate for Ender's lack of experience in that area.

Since Han has very few obligations, he would be able to be on the ship all the time. Of course I’m assuming he hasn't married Leia yet.

Mechanic:

Chewbacca - Star Wars

chewbacca.jpg

I picked Chewi, because of his relationship with Han. When you have worked with someone as long as these two have, then you are able to predict what they are going to do next and proceed from there. Communication is achieved much faster. Also they have a level of trust in one another which allows them to focus on what they really need to do and not worry about whether or not the other guy is doing his job right.

Chewbacca goes where Han goes, so as long as Han is on the ship Chewi should be there as well. Unfortunately the rest of the crew would have to learn to speak wookie :lol:. I realize that someone else already picked this person, so if anyone has a problem with me using Chewi at the same time I can pick someone else.

Figher:

Duncan Idaho the Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach - Dune

DuncanIdaho-JamesWatson.jpg

It would be best to read his wiki page to get his full bio. However it is missing a few things. First of all Duncan has been cloned as a gola repeatedly for thousands of years and in his final form he has remembered all of those lives at once. His original self was trained at the sword master school of Ginaz which turns out the best fighters the Dune universe knows except perhaps for the Bene Gesserit. Then in a preceding incarnation, he becomes a mentat which is a human capable of computer like calculations and extrapolations.

In the last book it is revealed that he is the Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach, not Paul or any Atreides descendent. This gives him the power of prescience which is the ability to predict all possible futures and to cause select threads of time to be realized through manipulation. Other beings that can see the future have been known to block certain threads from this power. He also gained the ability to control each of his cells individually as the Bene Gesserit can do. His final ability involves increasing his metabolism which some how allows him to move at super human speeds.

At this point Duncan has been on the run for many years and really doesn't have any ties to anyone. After he serves his purpose as the ultimate kwisatz haderach he really doesn't have any obligations and could spend most of the time on the ship.

Medic:

Scytale the Tleilaxu Master - Dune

NO IMAGE

Scytale is a Tleilaxu Master. He is not specifically amazing as a doctor; however his race has mastered the art of genetic manipulation. He has skills enough to fix any physical damage to the body and using his knowledge of genetics, and he can probably come up with a fix for anything that could be fixed with genetics. He has the knowledge to grow new body parts and reattach them. He can also create completely new genetic life forms, modified as he sees fit. Finally his greatest ability is to clone a new person from the tiniest sample of DNA. This person can be born as a child as normal or be "born" as a full grown human. Then their memories can be restored, although the method varies from person to person.

There are two ways I can play this. Either Scytale is the last of the Tleilaxu Masters as at the end of the Dune series. This way he would have few places to go but the ship. The other way I can play it is that my version of Scytale is actually a clone of the original. Tleilaxu Masters use this method to basically live forever and it is possible that a rouge clone could be out there.

Computer:

The Robot Erasmus - Dune

180px-Erasmus.jpg

Erasmus is a thinking machine. He is a sentient computer capable of immensely complicated calculations to the point where he can mathematically predict the future if he has sufficient data.

Erasmus never played an integral role in the machine empire, and could pretty much leave whenever he wanted to. As long as he stayed interested in the crew he could stay on the ship all the time.

Gunner:

Miles Teg - Dune

NO IMAGE - Character is too obscure

Miles is an Atreides and the former Supreme Bashar of the Bene Gesserit. He is a military genius with a strong sense of honor and loyalty and he is known for doing the unexpected. He has also trained as a Mentat (human computer). Eventually he gains several more powers which were brought to the surface by extreme torture. He gains mild prescience (which he describes as a doubled vision which gives him intimations of danger) and the same super human speed that Duncan has, although he is not quite as fast as Duncan.

Miles is with Duncan on the run, and although this would have to be a new clone, because he dies, he would not have many obligations left. In theory he might cave to Bene Gesserit pressure to go work for them again, but if that happened then I would need a new gunner. I picked Miles, mostly because he has many attributes which would benefit the crew outside of this ability to fire the ship guns. Certainly he can use the ship guns with ease and with his increased speed he would basically be shooting at ships flying in slow motion.

Wild Card:

Yoda: Force Ghost - Star Wars

yoda_ghost.jpg

Even as a ghost, Yoda still has a lot to bring to a crew. His wisdom and experience would be of great use to anyone. I'm not sure how many of his force abilities would still work in his ghostly form. Any input on this matter would be helpful. Additionally, the attributes of being a ghost can be amazingly helpful. He can go anywhere and he can't be harmed. This has amazing potential for reconnaissance and communication. Imagine an enemy ship with force ghost Yoda walking around like he owned the place asking all the people there how they get so big eating food of this kind. He could tell his crew everything the enemy is doing and the enemy couldn't do much about it.

Having said that, I will admit that my knowledge of the force ghost is lacking. Any feats or info would be appreciated. Things like various method of stopping a force ghost and things like that would specifically be helpful. I would think that some other force abilities might be able to do something?

Normally there would be no way that Yoda would have the time to be on a ship crew like this. However once he becomes a Force Ghost he doesn't really have any obligations. I can't think of any specific reason why he would be on this crew, other than that is what he feels he needs to do. To be honest, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with using Yoda, just because he is so legendary. Perhaps Obi Wan would be a better choice, but I figure I may as well think big for the sake of the best crew I can make.

Summary:

Obviously all my crew members are fully capable of doing their jobs. In general my crew doesn't have any obligations to other organizations. Of course there is always the possibility that moral obligations or previous obligations may come up. I might have found a better pilot and mechanic, but I figured the relationship between the two is important enough warrant my choice. My gunner is adequate for the job, although I mostly used the position for the character's leadership and fighting capabilities. I'm fairly certain most ground resistance can be handled by my fighter and gunner, largely due to their speed. To make sure everyone understands the scope of their speed I will provide an example of what Miles did.

"Teg decides to use his accelerated metabolism to repair the Ithaca. In mere moments, a period of weeks for Teg's body, in his accelerated time. Teg succeeds in repairing the ship and launches countermeasures against the attacking thinking machines."

So in moments, Teg was able to complete extensive repairs to a ship larger than a city and launch counter missiles. Teg is very fast and Duncan is even faster. Yoda is capable of gathering intelligence. The only downfall to his technique is that it may be difficult to gain the intelligence covertly unless he can be at a location yet not be visible like some ghosts can. Again, lacking in the Force Ghost knowledge.

My biggest weakness is probably political influence and respectability. Unfortunately Yoda at this point is basically unknown. Ender probably is my second best in this area and Miles Teg is my first, because he is so well known as a general for the Bene Gesserit.

As you can tell I'm a huge Dune fan.

Any comments or questions are appreciated and if anyone questions my team based on the rules I would be happy to discuss it. It is very possible that I could have missed something.

Now I'll start working on a list of missions for the rumble.

Guest KevinDWolf93
Finally here it is. Sorry about the wait. You'd think I would have had it done faster given that it was my thread :lol:.

Captain:

Andrew "Ender" Wiggin - Ender's Game

enders-game.jpg

Ender's leadership accomplishments speak for themselves if you've read Ender's Game. But basically he was able to win a war against an enemy with overwhelming numerical superiority. He also has experience with commanding smaller numbers of troops. However at the same time Ender is still able to hold onto his humanity which allows him to relate to his underlings.

He would be able to be on the ship almost all the time, since after his final battle in Ender's game he left the military. It is possible that the military might ask him to come back for some emergency although it is unclear if he would accept. I haven't read the sequels though so if this seems inaccurate please let me know.

Pilot:

Han Solo - Star Wars

100.jpg

I'm sure Han needs no introduction. He is a very capable pilot and has the advantages of being pretty good in a fight and can act as an assistant mechanic if need be. He is also a seasoned adventurer in missions of a more unsavory nature which will compensate for Ender's lack of experience in that area.

Since Han has very few obligations, he would be able to be on the ship all the time. Of course I�€™m assuming he hasn't married Leia yet.

Mechanic:

Chewbacca - Star Wars

chewbacca.jpg

I picked Chewi, because of his relationship with Han. When you have worked with someone as long as these two have, then you are able to predict what they are going to do next and proceed from there. Communication is achieved much faster. Also they have a level of trust in one another which allows them to focus on what they really need to do and not worry about whether or not the other guy is doing his job right.

Chewbacca goes where Han goes, so as long as Han is on the ship Chewi should be there as well. Unfortunately the rest of the crew would have to learn to speak wookie :D. I realize that someone else already picked this person, so if anyone has a problem with me using Chewi at the same time I can pick someone else.

Figher:

Duncan Idaho the Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach - Dune

DuncanIdaho-JamesWatson.jpg

It would be best to read his wiki page to get his full bio. However it is missing a few things. First of all Duncan has been cloned as a gola repeatedly for thousands of years and in his final form he has remembered all of those lives at once. His original self was trained at the sword master school of Ginaz which turns out the best fighters the Dune universe knows except perhaps for the Bene Gesserit. Then in a preceding incarnation, he becomes a mentat which is a human capable of computer like calculations and extrapolations.

In the last book it is revealed that he is the Ultimate Kwisatz Haderach, not Paul or any Atreides descendent. This gives him the power of prescience which is the ability to predict all possible futures and to cause select threads of time to be realized through manipulation. Other beings that can see the future have been known to block certain threads from this power. He also gained the ability to control each of his cells individually as the Bene Gesserit can do. His final ability involves increasing his metabolism which some how allows him to move at super human speeds.

At this point Duncan has been on the run for many years and really doesn't have any ties to anyone. After he serves his purpose as the ultimate kwisatz haderach he really doesn't have any obligations and could spend most of the time on the ship.

Medic:

Scytale the Tleilaxu Master - Dune

NO IMAGE

Scytale is a Tleilaxu Master. He is not specifically amazing as a doctor; however his race has mastered the art of genetic manipulation. He has skills enough to fix any physical damage to the body and using his knowledge of genetics, and he can probably come up with a fix for anything that could be fixed with genetics. He has the knowledge to grow new body parts and reattach them. He can also create completely new genetic life forms, modified as he sees fit. Finally his greatest ability is to clone a new person from the tiniest sample of DNA. This person can be born as a child as normal or be "born" as a full grown human. Then their memories can be restored, although the method varies from person to person.

There are two ways I can play this. Either Scytale is the last of the Tleilaxu Masters as at the end of the Dune series. This way he would have few places to go but the ship. The other way I can play it is that my version of Scytale is actually a clone of the original. Tleilaxu Masters use this method to basically live forever and it is possible that a rouge clone could be out there.

Computer:

The Robot Erasmus - Dune

180px-Erasmus.jpg

Erasmus is a thinking machine. He is a sentient computer capable of immensely complicated calculations to the point where he can mathematically predict the future if he has sufficient data.

Erasmus never played an integral role in the machine empire, and could pretty much leave whenever he wanted to. As long as he stayed interested in the crew he could stay on the ship all the time.

Gunner:

Miles Teg - Dune

NO IMAGE - Character is too obscure

Miles is an Atreides and the former Supreme Bashar of the Bene Gesserit. He is a military genius with a strong sense of honor and loyalty and he is known for doing the unexpected. He has also trained as a Mentat (human computer). Eventually he gains several more powers which were brought to the surface by extreme torture. He gains mild prescience (which he describes as a doubled vision which gives him intimations of danger) and the same super human speed that Duncan has, although he is not quite as fast as Duncan.

Miles is with Duncan on the run, and although this would have to be a new clone, because he dies, he would not have many obligations left. In theory he might cave to Bene Gesserit pressure to go work for them again, but if that happened then I would need a new gunner. I picked Miles, mostly because he has many attributes which would benefit the crew outside of this ability to fire the ship guns. Certainly he can use the ship guns with ease and with his increased speed he would basically be shooting at ships flying in slow motion.

Wild Card:

Yoda: Force Ghost - Star Wars

yoda_ghost.jpg

Even as a ghost, Yoda still has a lot to bring to a crew. His wisdom and experience would be of great use to anyone. I'm not sure how many of his force abilities would still work in his ghostly form. Any input on this matter would be helpful. Additionally, the attributes of being a ghost can be amazingly helpful. He can go anywhere and he can't be harmed. This has amazing potential for reconnaissance and communication. Imagine an enemy ship with force ghost Yoda walking around like he owned the place asking all the people there how they get so big eating food of this kind. He could tell his crew everything the enemy is doing and the enemy couldn't do much about it.

Having said that, I will admit that my knowledge of the force ghost is lacking. Any feats or info would be appreciated. Things like various method of stopping a force ghost and things like that would specifically be helpful. I would think that some other force abilities might be able to do something?

Normally there would be no way that Yoda would have the time to be on a ship crew like this. However once he becomes a Force Ghost he doesn't really have any obligations. I can't think of any specific reason why he would be on this crew, other than that is what he feels he needs to do. To be honest, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with using Yoda, just because he is so legendary. Perhaps Obi Wan would be a better choice, but I figure I may as well think big for the sake of the best crew I can make.

Summary:

Obviously all my crew members are fully capable of doing their jobs. In general my crew doesn't have any obligations to other organizations. Of course there is always the possibility that moral obligations or previous obligations may come up. I might have found a better pilot and mechanic, but I figured the relationship between the two is important enough warrant my choice. My gunner is adequate for the job, although I mostly used the position for the character's leadership and fighting capabilities. I'm fairly certain most ground resistance can be handled by my fighter and gunner, largely due to their speed. To make sure everyone understands the scope of their speed I will provide an example of what Miles did.

"Teg decides to use his accelerated metabolism to repair the Ithaca. In mere moments, a period of weeks for Teg's body, in his accelerated time. Teg succeeds in repairing the ship and launches countermeasures against the attacking thinking machines."

So in moments, Teg was able to complete extensive repairs to a ship larger than a city and launch counter missiles. Teg is very fast and Duncan is even faster. Yoda is capable of gathering intelligence. The only downfall to his technique is that it may be difficult to gain the intelligence covertly unless he can be at a location yet not be visible like some ghosts can. Again, lacking in the Force Ghost knowledge.

My biggest weakness is probably political influence and respectability. Unfortunately Yoda at this point is basically unknown. Ender probably is my second best in this area and Miles Teg is my first, because he is so well known as a general for the Bene Gesserit.

As you can tell I'm a huge Dune fan.

Any comments or questions are appreciated and if anyone questions my team based on the rules I would be happy to discuss it. It is very possible that I could have missed something.

Now I'll start working on a list of missions for the rumble.

Sounds like a good team(though not much dune info),Also Im the one who had chewie for mechanic. Your team would suit better, Ill change out my mechanic if u dont want doubles running around. Cant wait.

Hey Zig, what do you think a good Deadline would be to lock in crew choices for the matches?

Also, some of us have already taken it into account, but how was your stance on Crew Compatibility? For instance, I wouldn't think that a crew commanded by Emperor Palpatine would run well with Luke Skywalker in there... not unless there's a good reason for it.

This is an important issue. Now that I've decided on my crew, I think everyone who is going to make one at least has a full crew. I think it will take long enough to finalize a list of competition missions for everyone to lock in their teams. I figure it should only take a few more days and once we finalize the list there will be no more changes. However also from here on out there can be no more repeats. I realize that there are a few star trek people repeated and chewbacca has also been repeated. But no more, or it wouldn't be fair. Also if anyone new wants to make a team it has to bee all original characters.

As for the compatibility issue. We will assume that the teams as they currently are are working together and at least have agreed to make a reasonable attempt at tolerating other crew members with opposing ethical views. However characters will act normally if faced with decisions they don't agree with. There are two ways this could result in conflict. the first is an "evil" crew member making a decision and a "good" crew member actively attempting to stop it. The good must specifically be so opposed to the decision that they are willing to mutiny and take actions to stop it, because, lets face it, doing nothing while an evil action takes place has the same result as if you helped. The second way is a "good" character making some decision based on ethical reasons and the "evil" character actively following his own agenda.

What do you guys think? Either we can play it on a case by case basis. In this way we allow the person controlling the team to make the decisions as normal. If they attempt to make decisions which are too evil or too ethical for certain crew members then we will call them on it. The other way is to have some predefined penalty. I'm not as thrilled about this method, just because it leaves no chance for the crew to actually attempt to work together.

Our decision may be based on how the rumbles go. All these missions will have to have some kind of competition between the two crews. If the crews have no interaction with each other, then I'm sure most will simply pass each mission which may not result in a definitive winner. How does this sound?

Back to compatibility. For example. If there was a rescue mission where both crews were trying to kidnap the same people. An evil crew might attempt to kill the kidnapees rather than let the other crew have them. At this point any good characters would revolt and we go from there.

This method might work better if this is more of a role playing setup. Where one person from the crew makes his move and is responded to by the other person. However any precog ability would be impossible to use if done this way and most of us have some sort of precog. Do you guys think this would work? I'm completely winging this here and am open to other suggestions.

Sounds like a good team(though not much dune info),Also Im the one who had chewie for mechanic. Your team would suit better, Ill change out my mechanic if u dont want doubles running around. Cant wait.

Naw, only change if you want to. We could always just say that one of them is some other wookie equivalent, but it isn't all that important.

Here are three potential missions I have thought of. The need a bit more fleshing out, but you can get the main idea. I'm gunna make another post right after this with a potential idea for how to play the rumbles.

One: Ship vs Ship Dogfight

Both ships start with all their crew members aboard. The fight takes place in an asteroid field much like the one Han Solo escapes into to hide from the star destroyers. In this mission several members may not have much to do. For example, obviously the fighter is not going to be using his hand held weapons against another ship while flying through space. The main things to consider are the skills of the pilots, the gunners, and the mechanics. The cunning of the captains may come into play, however both ships know that the other is there and at this point there isn't much strategizing to do. However if valid arguments are made then fine. The other members of the crew can attempt to help in any logical way. Some may be able to be more gunners or use some other power to help. Being that this match is a dogfight, good characters will not revolt from killing in this scenario.

Two: Ground Fight

Both ships start off on the ground at either end of a large spaceport. The ships cannot see the other from their starting locations and they cannot leave the ground. The spaceport has many buildings and hangers in between the ships. There are people in this spaceport, however if there are any obvious signs of fighting then they all run and hide. The objective is to either blow up, or board and take over the other person's ship.

Three: Kidnap Mission

Both ships are trying to kidnap the same person. This person is the head of some fairly powerful organization. You know what planet, city, and building he is in. The building is a tower and there are probably armed guards. You also know that one other ship has been contracted with the same job.

This is my idea of how to play out an individual mission between two crews. Each crew will not know who the other crew is at first. The rumble will be broken down into rounds. Each crew player will send their decisions to the mission manager in a private message. I will start out being the first mission manager, but obviously I can't be a MM for my own crew. Once the MM has both decisions they will be posted at the same time and all players can decide on what happens.

Example ground fight missions:

One player has his fighter get on top of a building to snipe, his gunner and pilot are advancing along the left and his wild card is advancing down the right.

Second player sends everyone down the left.

A simple example but anyway...

Now we all decides what happens based on who is where. In this case perhaps everyone one the second player's team and the gunner and pilot of the first player's team are in a normal rumble, but the fighter is in a position to also snipe the second player's team.

Of course this is going to lead to controversy and everyone might not be satisfied with the result. Even though this is just a game, if anyone doesn't think that this will work they should say so now. I'm not sure if this is actually going to work or if it will fall into a chaos of opinions. If it fails, we can always just go back to the normal rumble method of discourse.

If we do want to give this a go then we will also have to lay some ground rules for various people's powers.

So what does everyone think? Let me know about potential problems you see.

I think that that's a good Idea at first. As we can strategize and plan tactics in advance, but after that it will descend into Choas... As Moltke said "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy" the same can be said for a flood of PMs in your inbox...

So PM to set up a plan of action and/or Rules of engagement and such, then standard discussion would be best.

Edit: I just thought of something, If we do it like an RP where we play out the actions of our crew, that could be useful as we could formulate secret plans and actions. For instance if I were to set a Sniper, I could PM the Mission Master, and say that X Crew is mr.Sniper for this battle and he's hiding at close to ship/halfway point/close to their ship etc. rather than godmod the crew to be wherever I want them to be...

Guest KevinDWolf93
I think that that's a good Idea at first. As we can strategize and plan tactics in advance, but after that it will descend into Choas... As Moltke said "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy" the same can be said for a flood of PMs in your inbox...

So PM to set up a plan of action and/or Rules of engagement and such, then standard discussion would be best.

Agreed, a bit too much secrecy

Edit: I just thought of something, If we do it like an RP where we play out the actions of our crew, that could be useful as we could formulate secret plans and actions. For instance if I were to set a Sniper, I could PM the Mission Master, and say that X Crew is mr.Sniper for this battle and he's hiding at close to ship/halfway point/close to their ship etc. rather than godmod the crew to be wherever I want them to be...

I would like to try to incorporate some RP elements. Somehow allowing each player to begin with setup and then respond to what the other player does. However there are some problems with this. Eventually your going to run into questions which cannot be answered definitively. For example if someone is trying to ambush a Jedi then will the Jedi sense the ambush in time to save all his crew? The person that is the worse for this answer is going to feel cheated. We need some way of answering these questions which makes some logical sense and results in an unarguably "correct" answer.

If we can't find a way of answering these questions then we might only be able to do the method where the first strategy and setup are PMed.

Also I'm not sure we can do straight RP, because there would be no way of keeping secrets from the other player without it getting complicated with PMs. What we need is a software solution to this problem.

How do they usually answer these questions in RP?

I read through some of the battle for the cowl RP, and have decided that doing a straight RP probably won't work. It looks like a lot of fun, and it can work fine if the objective is only to have fun, however our objective here is to determine who's team is better. Therefore our first go at this rumble will be the first strategies will be PMed to me. I will post them at the same time and we will discuss from there.

Now I would like to have a map for these missions so that the players can say " I post a sniper on building A". Is there a way of embedding an image from my personal pc into a post? Otherwise I might be able to find a web server to use.

We'll start off with the three missions I made, but we can add any others that people want as well.

I don't think the dogfight mission really requires any strategy, so that leaves the ground fight mission and the kidnap mission. I'll PM the first two players, and they can send me their strategies for both. Neither player will know who they are facing. I realize that this doesn't allow for any precog abilities for the first strategy. However I can't think of any advantage I can give the precog team which would still give the other team a chance, so we'll just have to ignore that ability. If anyone can think of a way to still make it fair I would be eager to hear it, but I am at a loss. If anyone wants to switch people because of this feel free.

The strategy should include everything you are going to do to achieve the objective. Think of it like telling a story. Do not assume that your enemy is going to do anything, because if you are wrong, then your entire strategy after that point might be invalid. After we have finished discussing the first two missions we will move onto a normal rumble for the dogfight mission.

Once the first two players are done, the winner will be the next MM. He will pick the next two people to fight except that it cannot be himself or his opponent, and it cannot be a rematch.

I will flesh out my missions today specifically adding what the players already know and what they don't know to be used in their strategies. Then I will PM the first two people for their strategies. If you can't do it within a couple days then let me know and I'll pick someone else. I'll also work on getting a map up.

I use http://photobucket.com/ for all my Pictureing needs here. Free account and plenty of space for pics.

As for Precog advantage... well, it depends on the precog ability and how much it actually gives.

Jedi's see only what they need to see to help guide their actions... or something like that...

As for Geass and "Seeing the Lines of Fate", If it's anything like the Knight of One's watered down version (<- 1:37 into it) of the same power then she could see a person or objects actions/movements in advance of them like a series of ghosts.

Basically when you PM the people that are fighting, add in just a little info that you think their precog would pick up on.

I use http://photobucket.com/ for all my Pictureing needs here. Free account and plenty of space for pics.

Oh duh... I can't believe I forgot about photobucket :lol:

As for Geass and "Seeing the Lines of Fate", If it's anything like the Knight of One's watered down version (<- 1:37 into it) of the same power then she could see a person or objects actions/movements in advance of them like a series of ghosts.

Wow, honestly from your description in your earlier posts, I thought Nunnally was as good of a precog as Duncan. Is this not correct? Either way I am don't expect to be allowed to use Duncan's precog ability to its fullest excent, because otherwise I would know too much information before the fight even started.

You could go here http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5 and talk in real time. If you see a person on the Electric Ferret, just PM them and tell them to meet you here to discuss there strategy. Much faster.

Thanks, I'll use this or we could just use another IM client if there are issues with the strategies.

Ok guys. Sorry again about the delay. Here is the updated missions. I will be PMing the first two people right after this. Let me know if I missed anything which you need to know. This goes to everyone, because eventually you will all be making strategies hopefully.

As you can see I switched the last mission from the kidnap one to a shipwreck one. I think it is more interesting. I also have a map for the spaceport mission which is linked below. I don't think the shipwreck mission requires a map.

One: Ship vs Ship Dogfight

Both ships start with all their crew members aboard. The fight takes place in an asteroid field much like the one Han Solo escapes into to hide from the star destroyers. In this mission several members may not have much to do. For example, obviously the fighter is not going to be using his hand held weapons against another ship while flying through space. The main things to consider are the skills of the pilots, the gunners, and the mechanics. The cunning of the captains may come into play, however both ships know that the other is there and at this point there isn't much strategizing to do. However if valid arguments are made then fine. The other members of the crew can attempt to help in any logical way. Some may be able to be more gunners or use some other power to help. Being that this match is a dogfight, good characters will not revolt from killing in this scenario.

Two: Ground Fight

Both ships start off on the ground at either end of a large spaceport. The ships cannot see the other from their starting locations and they cannot leave the ground. The spaceport has many buildings and hangers in between the ships. There are people in this spaceport, however if there are any obvious signs of fighting then they all run and hide. The objective is to either blow up, or board and take over the other person's ship. The ship will generally be locked unless someone with access is going in or coming out. Identity is confirmed by both biological and a "password" system. The lock can be hacked by someone capable of computer like functions, but they must be at the ship. It cannot be done by remote. Secondly the door can be forced open. This takes a variable amount of time decided by weapons. The ship can also be blown up. Each team has enough explosives to attempt this once. It takes 5 mins to set the bomb and the bomb has a 5 min timers. During the second 5 mins the other team can deactivate the bomb via a crew member who would reasonably know how. The ship's onboard weapons can only be used for defense. You can't just send a missile over to the other hangers and blow them all up.

The circles on the map are the hangers. One color is for one person and the other is for the other person. Your opponent will not know which hanger you are in. All buildings can be entered or climbed upon. Identify corners of buildings by the building letter and corner number. Notice that some open areas are also identified by letters.

Spaceport Map

Three: Shipwreck Mission

There are two ships which have crashed on the same abandoned planet. There is one escape craft found on the planet for some reason and it can only support one crew. However the craft's fuel rods have been taken by the native populations. There are six fuel rods which must be taken from the native's camps. There are three separate camps each with two rods. When a fuel rod is taken back, that camp of natives will find out and attack the escape craft. It must be defended while the rest of the crew's strategies are being implemented. Your original craft can be used as a defensive location, but nothing of use can be salvaged from it for the escape craft.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I am gathering the strategies of the first two opponents, but got sidetracked with school shit and thanksgiving and blah blah blah. Hopefully I will be able to get the first rumble out soon.

No worry, If this gets to be a tourney then that means that I'm in four already... Daunting task to argue that much and try to win...