Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Batman (DC One Million) vs The Midnighter

Guest skadoosh

Guest skadoosh

Batman, from the DC One Million future universe

vs

The Midnighter, from the Authority comics

They are fighting to the death in New York. They start facing each other on opposite sides of Times Square. They both have their standard gear; Batman has his suit, Midnighter has his poles, staff, shuriken, etc. Midnighter can use Doors, but he cannot return to the Carrier, and neither combatant will receive any back up. Morals are on, so they must not hurt civilians.

Opinions?

Guest sirmethos

Zealot was able to defeat Midnighter, and The Bat is considerably more skilled(and physically superior) than Zealot.

Batman One Million is the number 1 martial artist/close-combat fighter in the DC multiverse.

Guest skadoosh

And being as skilled as he is would simply cancel out Midnighter's ability to predict moves, would it? And what about their physical strength and speed?

Guest sirmethos

I'm not sure about their strength, since Midnighter's exact strength level has never been stated. Only that he is "strong enough to dismember a person with his hands." Which is kinda vague. Batman 1m in his armor, is at 12 tons of strength. Which is easily enough to dismember a person.

As for their speed, Midnighter can do bursts of speed faster than The Bat, but The Bat's general speed is considerably above the of Midnighter(The Bat's armor enhances his strength and speed by a factor of 25, Midnighter's average speed is only slightly above peak human).

On top of that, The Bat can fly at super sonic speeds, become invisible, teleport, can create solid holographic doubles of himself, create actual duplicates of himself that all have the same capabilities as the original, generate, absorb and re-channel electricity, etc. His omnirangs(multipurpose batarangs) can, among other things, steal people's souls, cut material on a molecular level, deliver extreme amounts of electricity, and more.

And this is all with his standard equipment.

The Standard Batman keeps track of one city, and can't even keep peace in that. Batman One Million, keeps track of an entire planet(a prison planet), and there has, IIRC, never been an escape from the planet.

Batman One Million, keeps track of an entire planet(a prison planet), and there has, IIRC, never been an escape from the planet.

Hey Grant Morrison! Where is our Mr. Miracle One Million?

Guest silversurfer092

I feel like the premise of Batman One Million is kind of a cool idea, that I wouldn't mind reading. Then I read more of his Wiki and it looks like someone just wanted to give Batman steroids.

Guest Redemption X

I haven't read "DC One Million", but from what I'm reading in this thread, Batman One Million seems to be DC's equivalent of Iron Man.

Which gives me an idea...

Guest sirmethos

I feel like the premise of Batman One Million is kind of a cool idea, that I wouldn't mind reading. Then I read more of his Wiki and it looks like someone just wanted to give Batman steroids.

Generally, the entire One Million 'universe', just seems like DC wanted to make all of their characters even more ridiculously powerful.

To be fair, Hourman One Million was awesome, and Superman One Million worked specifically because it set up a whole future course for Superman continuity that could have been amazing. The problem is that no other writer can be Grant Morrison.

Guest sirmethos

Agreed.

I personally thought that Martian Manhunter in the One Million universe was absolutely brilliant as well. Similarly, with Superman-Prime, it was interesting to see the upper limits of the Kryptonian potential, though I thought that Kal Kent and the Superman dynasty was just plain overpowered. The whole dynasty would have worked just fine with more 'regular' power levels.

Guest skadoosh

If the Bat only had his suit, no omnirangs, holograms, or anything else, just his skills and enhanced strength and speed, would that be a fairer fight against Midnighter?

Guest xman4life

because YES Midnighter has speed bursts that can make it it hard for Batman 1 Million for a second BUT If Zealot is a better fighter than Midnighter and thats how she beat him. So if Midnighter loses to Zealot then he DAMN sure loses to Batman 1 Million. Because he is an even BETTER fighter than Zealot. She won because she has too many styles to counter everyone of them PLUS her centuries of experience in using them.

Guest skadoosh

But even if someone knows a lot of fighting styles, when they make a move Midnighter will still know how to counter it, as his battle computer goes over every move they could make, how to counter it, and so on. Seems a bit like PIS to me, but whatever, if he lost in canon then he lost, and i guess he can't beat the Bat.