Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Pick your characters!

granobulax

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know dick all about the rest of the bots... if I can still choose another wizard, I'll go with Voldemort. Unless you want to switch the Matrix Sentinals with Dinobot of Beast Wars?

*Quick Edit*

Nevermind, just noticed he's not in the database. Anyone have an idea when we can add new characters?

I know dick all about the rest of the bots... if I can still choose another wizard, I'll go with Voldemort. Unless you want to switch the Matrix Sentinals with Dinobot of Beast Wars?

*Quick Edit*

Nevermind, just noticed he's not in the database. Anyone have an idea when we can add new characters?

I'll give you Voldemort.

Whoo hoo!! I got all the match ups ready. Now to start writing fight 1. There are some good match ups (in my opinion). There will be 8 fights in round 1 of the Tournament. 4 in round 2. 2 in the semi finals and finally the finals. Last man standing will go on to fight two bosses chosen by Grano and myself. Good luck fellas.

Since the CBUB thingy messed up my match, here it is again in easier to read format...

The year is 2089: the third World War had come and gone. For decades after the conflict, the entirety of the planet was in ruins. To regain any sense of achievement from the devastation, the scattered remains of humanity had to work together. The outcome was a great peace throughout the world. As one, they had to take a look at themselves and reevaluate. Countries began to work together. Reconciliation and concord ruled for years to follow. The World would grow strong. Progressions in medicine, economy and technology spread as the globe worked in one accord.

Eventually, the world would become a paradise of achievement. In spite of this, with paradise comes boredom therefore; following the technological revolution was an entertainment revolution as well. One of the more ground-breaking improvements came in the form of virtual reality technology. What we know as arcades would become a rather outdated word. The newest form of entertainment to sweep the planet would become known as Fantasy Universe Battle Actuality creatoR or as it became affectionately known by fans, the F.U.B.A.R.

Within a football sized F.U.B.A.R arena, crowds in the tens of thousands would gather as the holographic backdrop recreates any environment known to man. This virtual reality phenomenon would allow users to pit their favorite fiction universe characters against each other in mortal combat. And so, today began the annual tournament amongst the Arena elite. This year's theme would be magic versus technology and hundreds would step to the plate for fame, glory and revenge. However, this year something far more sinister lurked behind the scene of F.U.B.A.R. This year nine friends would contend with the greatest confrontation in the history of the arena. This was their story...

Round 1 fight 1: T-1000 vs. Shao Khan

Arena: Crowded City Block

"Actuality Creator recognizes users: Artemis Entreri, Darkender, Zreth, Marvel Man, Austo, MollyHayes, Videogameman, Nova Force and Skaar. Welcome to Fantasy Universe Battles gentlemen, enjoy the games." A computerized voice pronounces. The nine friends take their fight cards from the registration machine and begin to enter the stadium seating. "Oh I'm going to enjoy alright...I'm going to enjoy kicking all your..." Darkender's threats are suddenly halted as Marvel Man bumps against him. "Not in your wildest dreams, Darkender. That 10G's is all mine, nuff said." Artemis Entreri laughs loudly, "You'll have to get through me first and I only need one pick to take you all down." Videogameman smiles and snidely replies. "We'll see about that. Well, at least we know there are three easy wins on the card." They all look in the direction of Nova Force, Austo and Zreth. "Hey this may be our first time, but we are ready for anything!" Zreth says exuberantly. "Yeah!" they all say in unison. "Children." Darkender says sardonically. Skaar remains quiet looking over his fight choices with a troubled expression. "Hey Molly, who did you choose?" He says. "What? Huh, oh!! I picked...Hey, I'm not telling you." The troupe all chuckles as they finally grab their seats and ready for the grand opening.

As anticipated the grand opening is immense. Fireworks, acrobats and re-creations of past fights fill the showground. The crowd oohs and ahhs until finally the announcer yells into the loudspeaker. "Enough of the pleasantries fight fans!! It's time to get this party started. You've all paid your money and now it's time to see a WAR!!" The crowd bursts into an uproar. "F.U.B.A.R.!! F.U.B.A.R.!! F.U.B.A.R.!! F.U.B.A.R.!!" They shout loudly. "Ha ha ha, that's right kiddos! It's going to be F.U.B.A.R. We promise you surprises and intrigue this year as the wonderful world of magic goes toe to toe with cold heart of technology!!" The crowd explodes calling out their chosen genres in dispute. Suddenly the arena begins to shimmer and change. Buildings begin to form. Alleyways immerge and vehicles take the road as a simulated city block forms before their eyes. "I can't wait to see who's first" MollyHayes says. "I'm ready to fight." All of his friends agree with eagerness in their eyes. The announcer commences again. "MollyHayes!! Austo!! Prepare yourselves...Because we introduce to you our first combatants..." Both contestants squeal in glee to hear their names on the loud speaker. The friends shake hands as they are the first to have their choices do battle.

Abruptly, the Outworld ruler known as Shao Khan flickers into existence in the middle of the sports ground. Rapidly, he pulls his WrathHammer from thin air and slams it into an oncoming patrol car. "You weak pathetic fool, feel the power of Shao Kahn!" He bellows. The crowd goes wild. MollyHayes nearly jumps from his seat. "YES, YES, YES!! THAT WONDERFUL HUNK OF MAN IS MY FIGHTER!!" The others pull him to his seat in embarrassment. Back in the arena, Shao Khan goes berserk causing more and more property damage as he calls out for his opponent. Without warning, another patrol car dives from a roof top and plows towards the Outworld monarch. Narrowly escaping the feat, Shao Khan leaps to the side and slams the driver with his mallet. "Is that your best?" He shouts. With a completely splattered head, a misshapen man steps from the car. "Still able to walk; good, you will bow to me!" Shao Khan commands. The busted body before him begins to reform. Like new the broken man is wholly reformed; his arms begin to stretch and form into razor-sharp blades. T-1000 lowers his glasses and without words lunges en route for Shao Khan. "You will die, mortal!" he proclaims. Austo leaps from his seat. "YES, YES, YES!! GO T-1000, THAT'S MY PICK GUYS!!" The eight friends quickly grab him and shove him into his seat. "WE KNOW!" They yell in unison as the fight commences...

<_>

I appreciate the enthuisasm Coaster King, but you probably want to go back to the first post of this thread. These are the only choices left...

Machines/Cyborg Genre!

The Borg

Matrix Sentinels

Magicians/Wizards/Sorcerers!

Dumbledore

Durza

I can't figure out for the life of me why nobody would pick the Borg. "Resistance if Futile." I'm not even a trekkie, but those guys are powerful.

Guest CoasterKing
<_<

I appreciate the enthuisasm Coaster King, but you probably want to go back to the first post of this thread. These are the only choices left...

Machines/Cyborg Genre!

The Borg

Matrix Sentinels

Magicians/Wizards/Sorcerers!

Dumbledore

Durza

I can't figure out for the life of me why nobody would pick the Borg. "Resistance if Futile." I'm not even a trekkie, but those guys are powerful.

Ok Dumbledore, Harry Potter is awesome

I'd rather you pick someone from the tech side or if you pick Durza find one or two more people to pick from the tech side. If not that's fine, we (Grano and I) can deal with it. I wonder if Austo and MollyHayes even know there fight is up?

MollyHayes001 knows but i don't think Austo101 does

Guest CoasterKing
I'd rather you pick someone from the tech side or if you pick Durza find one or two more people to pick from the tech side. If not that's fine, we (Grano and I) can deal with it. I wonder if Austo and MollyHayes even know there fight is up?

I'll go with the Matrix Sentinels.

Aww...I wanted Doom <_>

Why isn't M.O.D.O.K. in this tourney btw?

Cause he's got little bitty arms and legs? Didn't even think of him. However, we have two boss characters towards the end that we haven't completely decided on yet. You guys are welcome to throw ideas out there. We will choose based on how well they fit the storyline.

Darth, I'm not sure what characters are left. Grano has to adjust it, but you can pick a character if you can figure it out. We'll add you to the storyline. I'll have to contact Grano. He has been extremely busy, so I may be writing the first couple of matches.

They've had ample time to pick another character. If they only want one character, that's fine by me. We'll just have one more contender in the tournament is all. The more the merrier.